Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? (24222 Views)

"His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / ‘i’m NOT JESUS!” - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by onedayatime(m): 10:59am On Jan 29, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:

Sharrap Pls.
you don't even need to put 'pls'. One day you will understand who Jesus Christ is
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Maximus85(m): 11:01am On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:
Dear Brethren, in Exodus 4:22 God Himself said, "And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn". And in John 3:16, a mere man by the name of John said: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". Who are we to believe?. I love God and want to serve Him according to His way, and not by the concoctions of men. I want to believe God ONLY, but will I go to hell for not believing in Jesus as I doubt his story? Bible scholars should please me out. Thank you.

First, I am happy you're not one of those who said Jesus Is God.

In that John 3:16 God gave his Son to us. Meaning they are not the same or in anyway equal.

Now to your question, I will ask you questions.
1. Who sent Jesus Christ?
2. Whose message did Jesus passed to us?
3. Do you believe those words?

If you do, then, you have acted in accordance with what Jesus said that nobody can get to the father except through him. Once you believe in Jesus, you have automatically believed in God because God sent him.

1 Like

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 11:02am On Jan 29, 2017
onedayatime:

you wouldn't have the chance of pointing a gun @ him or her if he or she has the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit is an informant, a gossiper, or whatever you call him. He will have inform the person to leave where he is staying or God might send his angels to arrest your mind. You know how you believe in your charm that it can save you

Y didnt the holy ghost iinform the victims of Reigners Assembly chuurch collapse?

Hundreds of innocent chiildren died in that incident.

1 Like

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by ewizard1: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm curious though

why didn't you add Muhammad?
Did you wash your eyes before reading and quoting?
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:
Dear Brethren, in Exodus 4:22 God Himself said, "And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn". And in John 3:16, a mere man by the name of John said: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". Who are we to believe?. I love God and want to serve Him according to His way, and not by the concoctions of men. I want to believe God ONLY, but will I go to hell for not believing in Jesus as I doubt his story? Bible scholars should please me out. Thank you.

ur answer is very simple, the chapter u typed is old testament
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by reallest(f): 11:03am On Jan 29, 2017
CXLVII:

Do you have the Holy Spirit?

If I point a gun in your head, can the holy spirit stop the bullet.

Am just curious.... I would want to practically see what the Holy spirit can do.

Hope you are not planning to kill someone because holy spirit has power only in the brain of Christians,but in real life they all know that holy spirit powerless
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by AJCs(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2017
OP may perhaps b an atheist that jxt wanted to cread a thread this morning, but u can't blame him for this.
However, u r advised to go and pray to that same God to tell u if Jesus truly is to b accepted as Lord and personal saviour and always worshipped. Answer would expressly come provided u are totally ready to serve in honesty. Without that, answer will never come.

1 Like

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by LastSurvivor11: 11:06am On Jan 29, 2017
The 1st commandment said "I am the Lord ur God, you should have no God except me" not "I am the God, the son and the holy spirit"

Tank me later..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by fynex(m): 11:07am On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:

Can you go to work and leave your eyes at home?
Trinity.... Three in one....
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by reallest(f): 11:07am On Jan 29, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:

Y didnt the holy ghost iinform the victims of Reigners Assembly chuurch collapse?

Holy spirit was not aware of it
grin grin
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Akpan107(m): 11:08am On Jan 29, 2017
Auki:
Worship God alone not Jesus or any other creatures.

Believe that Jesus, Noah, Abraham, Muhammad, Mosses(peace be on them all) etc are human being sent by God. They are to be obeyed not worship.

That is the right religion.
One must believe in God and His word (Jesus) to make Heaven. It's impossible to say you believe God and not believe in His word.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the "Word" and Word was with God and the Word was God.

The Qur'an also confirmed Jesus as the Messiah, the "Word" from God and a Spirit From God.
Qur'an 4:171.

Christ Jesus is the Word of God and we must believe in God's Word to make Heaven.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by seunmsg(m): 11:11am On Jan 29, 2017
onedayatime:

you wouldn't have the chance of pointing a gun @ him or her if he or she has the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit is an informant, a gossiper, or whatever you call him. He will have inform the person to leave where he is staying or God might send his angels to arrest your mind. You know how you believe in your charm that it can save you

So, how come the holy spirit refused to inform the over 100 worshipers that lost their lives in Akwa Ibom that the reigners assembly building would collapse that day?
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 29, 2017
No you cannot.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Danhumprey: 11:12am On Jan 29, 2017
Auki:

No contradiction between Jesus and Mosses teachings.

Both teaching call mankind to worship God alone without partner.

No Prophets, including Jesus, call mankind to worship him instead of God.

Jesus divinity as God, Son, Triune is invented.

No thanks to Roman paganism and Pauline Christian.
my brother, you don't get it. we're not worshipping Jesus, rather we are worshipping God through Jesus Christ, who is the Way to the Father, Almighty God. Jesus Christ and the Father are one, so it follows that if we're worshipping God,we're also worshipping Jesus.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Tunish: 11:13am On Jan 29, 2017
Never, u can only get to heaven when u accept Jesus as your lord and personal saviour bro.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 29, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
The 1st commandment said "I am the Lord ur God, you should have no God except me" not "I am the God, the son and the holy spirit"

Tank me later..

I'm sure he will "TANK" you later.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by onedayatime(m): 11:13am On Jan 29, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:

read and understand. I said all with IF.......if you are a yoruba man like me, you will, I mean 'ti o ba ni Emi Mimo'...meanwhile, not all the members will be in the church that. If the church has some true worshippers of God, the Holy Spirit will delay them, no doubt, or ask them to stay at home and praise God or something will happen. that is sure.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by indomitable234: 11:16am On Jan 29, 2017
He is 'the way' not a way ,the truth and the light no one comes to the father except through him.This should answer your question
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:17am On Jan 29, 2017
you are to believe ALL THE PROPHETS OF GOD and yes JESUS is included but DO NOT WORSHIP THEM. Only God is to be worshiped.

#PinkyTheGhost
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by onedayatime(m): 11:18am On Jan 29, 2017
seunmsg:

So, how come the holy spirit refused to inform the over 100 worshipers that lost their lives in Akwa Ibom that the reigners assembly building would collapse that day?
onedayatime:

read and understand. I said all with IF.......if you are a yoruba man like me, you will, I mean 'ti o ba ni Emi Mimo'...meanwhile, not all the members will be in the church that. If the church has some true worshippers of God, the Holy Spirit will delay them, no doubt, or ask them to stay at home and praise God or something will happen. that is sure.
seunmsg:

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by cloudyskygrind(m): 11:24am On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:

Why don't you 'atheists' quit being obsessed about Christianity and practice whatever it's you practice? I ain't got time to waste trying to convince folks like you.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by musicwriter(m): 11:28am On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:

Remember, it was John that said so, not Jesus. Jesus himself never cared about self honor.

You could be in heaven or he'll already here on earth.

Heaven = Happiness, Joy, Peace of mind, e.t.c all that's positive.

Hell= Sadness, Anger, Fear, e.t.c all that's negative.

The crux of Jesus message was not God, but that you should stop doing wrong, that you should do what's right whether someone sees you or not. Because, if you believe in this ideal you'll find happiness, joy, and peace of mind in this hostile world even when others can't.

By the way, John wasn't saying you must believe in the person called Jesus, but that you must "believe those ideas" Jesus stood for, if you must find happiness, joy, peace of mind (Heaven).

1 Like

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by emerged01(m): 11:28am On Jan 29, 2017
Danhumprey:
my brother, you don't get it. we're not worshipping Jesus, rather we are worshipping God through Jesus Christ, who is the Way to the Father, Almighty God. Jesus Christ and the Father are one, so it follows that if we're worshipping God,we're also worshipping Jesus.
You don't have to explain to him. He is a Muslim. He has no right to comment on this thread. If it was Muslim thread no Christian will comment on it. I don't why nairaland permit Muslim to comment on Christian thread.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by nurusystem(m): 11:31am On Jan 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm curious though

why didn't you add Muhammad?
Muhammed pbuh is servant of God,he is no God,is same as Jesus moses,abraham peace be upon them all,they never preach divinity.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 29, 2017
analice107:

Only a fool will take you serious.

"You'll be the last person to malign Christ if He is real".

He is not real, why not go on with what is real to you.

AGAIN, NO SERIOUS MINDED CHRISTIAN SHOULD RESPOND TO THIS IGNORAMUS.

That's brilliant of you sir, don't know Whether to say I love you... what a great sense of humor, don't have much to say, you're jux d best..
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:38am On Jan 29, 2017
AustineCJ:
God bless youso much,you have said it all becuse Jesus is the way,truth and life.please muslims n pegans with dirty mindset should disease from this particuler post...
So u think Muslims dont believe in Jesus? u r wrong bro

analice107:
OP, you can go to Allah's heaven, you must not go to Yahweh's heaven. In Yahweh's heaven, there are rules which you obviously are challenging, so, don't bother. There are other heaven's. Go there.
FYI Yahweh and Allah means God in different languages, I know u know this but u just acting like u don't know and if u never knew an sorry for saying u know.

jonbellion:
Well there was never a heaven in the first place
The afterlife is a coping mechanism for the fear of our mortality
When you die you die dude

u have the right to bliv wat u bliv in.

emerged01:

You don't have to explain to him. He is a Muslim. He has no right to comment on this thread. If it was Muslim thread no Christian will comment on it. I don't why nairaland permit Muslim to comment on Christian thread.
He may not have the right to explain but I have actually heard a couple if people said JESUS IS GOD, what do u have to say about that?

kilo4sure:

Why are Muslims so obsessed with worship, of course l know we are to worship God, but we are talking about beliefs here not worship, haba.
FYI Muslims actually believe Jesus(Isah) pbuh is a messenger of God....NEXT!!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by scachy(m): 11:39am On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:

Yeah, no salvation outside Jesus. He took a human form and gave his life as a ransom to redeem us from sin.

Act chapter 4,vs 10-12 says 10 let it be known to all of YOU and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazareth , whom YOU impaled but whom God raised up from the dead, by this one does this man stand here sound in front of YOU. 11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by YOU builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.’ 12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved "

John 14 vs 6 says says something to buttress this “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Roman 10 vs 9 says "For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved."

John 10 vs 7-9 Therefore Jesus said again: “Most truly I say to YOU, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All those that have come in place of me are thieves and plunderers; but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved, and he will go in and out and find pasturage"
John 3,vs 17 says "17 For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him.

In conclusion John 3 vs 16 says “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life"
So yes! No salvation for anyone outside Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Sallam01(m): 11:39am On Jan 29, 2017
Jesus,moses,Muhammad and the rest are all messenger of God who created heaven and earth, God does not have any son nor daughter, we are his servants ,we are to serve him by worshipping, whoever worship Jesus or Muhammad or any other image apart from God he is going to hell after death except he repent, all the messenger of God are mediators between the mankind and God,we go to heaven through them by obeying the message the brought from God,that does not make any one of them a God,l.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by ezesun(m): 11:42am On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:

Yes you will go to hell. Because you can not serve God the father without God the son. Jesus is the way the truth and the life. Nobody comes to the Father but by him....
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 29, 2017
AustineCJ:
God bless youso much,you have said it all becuse Jesus is the way,truth and life.please muslims n pegans with dirty mindset should disease from this particuler post...

amen brother , bless you too. I weep in my spirit for the millions of Muslim souls that will be lost without knowing the only way to eternal life which is through Christ .. God help them.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by horlumiday(m): 11:48am On Jan 29, 2017
jonbellion:
Well there was never a heaven in the first place
The afterlife is a coping mechanism for the fear of our mortality
When you die you die dude

continue delludin urself
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by horlumiday(m): 11:50am On Jan 29, 2017
KOMZYLEE:

But Jesus never said his the only way
He is the only way bro (Having faith in Him and following His commandments)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship / Elections Will Be Free And Fair – Pastor Kumuyi / Is It Normal To Pray Before Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.