Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? (24221 Views)

"His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / ‘i’m NOT JESUS!” - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by truthstands11: 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:

Thank you my dear. All I needed was a simple clarification.
God said; 'Look unto me and be saved... For I am God and there's no other'. (Isaiah 45;22), so when did He change His mind and sent another God (saviour) in person of Jesus?

If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, just keep quite and await destruction on the last day. You dare not address God Almighty in that way as if you are talking to your mate. Is it God you are asking when did He change His mind. Have great regard and respect for God. It is in your best interest.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by omosedollar(m): 1:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:
Dear Brethren, in Exodus 4:22 God Himself said, "And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn". And in John 3:16, a mere man by the name of John said: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". Who are we to believe?. I love God and want to serve Him according to His way, and not by the concoctions of men. I want to believe God ONLY, but will I go to hell for not believing in Jesus as I doubt his story? Bible scholars should please me out. Thank you.

. God is the most high, your Loyalty is to him before Angels and Messagers
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Emyres: 1:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
Read Psalm 2
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by kellybently(m): 1:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
orunto27:
You go straight to Hell because you will die of IGNORANCE.
what is ignorance there. explain to him. let him be cleared.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by kizking: 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:
Dear Brethren, in Exodus 4:22 God Himself said, "And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn". And in John 3:16, a mere man by the name of John said: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". Who are we to believe?. I love God and want to serve Him according to His way, and not by the concoctions of men. I want to believe God ONLY, but will I go to hell for not believing in Jesus as I doubt his story? Bible scholars should please me out. Thank you.

You fool did not the word in exodus comeem to you through a man. and if you so much believe God's word there are many proofs of God's word speaking of him in both the new and old testament.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by gaskiyamagana: 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2017
I am very sure that the person behind this discourse is a muslim. He is enlightening the readers, convincing believers in monotheistic faith of Father Abraham and confusing Jesus worshipers.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by omosedollar(m): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
Scholar8200:
23 Anyone who denies the Son doesn’t have the Father, either. But anyone who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
1John 2:23

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

Well you may find many gods through others but the Only Way to the Father is Jesus Christ!

Cool , but Jesus never said to warship him.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by distinction99(m): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
There is what is called the Holy trinity; God the Father, the Son(Jesus) and the Holy spirit.
My dear friend you have to believe in these but nevertheless, God is the most high
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Orikinla1: 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2017
You cannot separate Jesus Christ from God.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by touchofgold: 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2017
You only interpreted that page wrongly exodus 4:22, God calling Israel his first born means a nation his has chosen as his own(more like adoption ), and this privilege was gotten due to their father Israel or Jacob, and convent that was since Abraham. I. E God made a convent to Abraham due to his faith in what he will do in delivering mankind and not his character (Hebrew 11,romans 4) read through that you will see that what Abraham and all others mentioned in Hebrew 11 ohnbelieved God on is that, he will give them righteousness by faith and not what they will or CA do for themselves.

HOW DID GOD NOW DO THAT
He has to identify as a man with man I. E he has to become man Becasue the problem of man was caused by man and not a spirit (Adam) John 1:1-3,17,phil 2:7

and suffer I the place of man

John 3:16
the man Jesus was simply explaining that due to the live God has for man he did delivered up his only begotten son(to die ) which Co sequential whoever believes in him will have life, which means man doesn't have life before which is true (Ephesians 2:1-2)
Whether you belive it or not every man without life is a walking dead

John 1:1, 3:15,16,4:14, 5:26,40,6:35, 6:47, 54, 14:16 mark 16:16-17. I just want to stop on these verses

God actually gave life to the world through the death and resurrection of his son( you don't need to be a scholar to know this, history tells us that, he truly died and rose again, except you want to be insincere to yourself ) in that is the life by believing in that.

And according to what God himself said he says whoever believe in the son has life.

And lastly heaven is not a reward, it is an inheritance for sons, those who has receive life (jesus).

All the things you saw from Genesis till malachi was tending toward one thing : how God will save man through the restitution that his son did. Simple

If you worship God from today till tomorrow, it doesn't change one's spiritual status which is death only by you believibg in his son can you have life except if you call him a lier : do well to read here too. 1john5:9-13

Hope that is clear?
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by princeso2020(m): 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2017
Who is Jesus? Please read Jn. 1: 1 to end. Jn. 14:16 and Philippians 2:9-10
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by remzytimer: 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
Jesus Christ is the way, just like he told peter if I wash thee not, thou has no part with me, except if you are washed you can never be clean and if you are clean you can not see God. (John 13:8-10) Even some Muslim believes in Jesus.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by jfleece(m): 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
Na dis kind thread dey cause headache..........
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by fatiaforreal: 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
Let us see ourselves first as humans before the coloration of any religion and be honest with ourselves.
Jesus is REAL. Jesus is one thing, what people say about him is another.
It took the world 2000 years to know the truth about the vaguery of December 25. It might take us much longer, if ever, to acknowledge a common truth.
Between Exodus and John, I'll go with Exodus, as Exodus was written by Moses. John is not John the Baptist. He was one of countless others, out of which the Romans canonized four. Before you condemn anyone to hell fire with the Gospel of Jesus ACCORDING to John why not channel efforts towards locating the Q DOCUMENT (according to Bible scholars) so that the world may read the Gospel of Jesus ACCORDING to Jesus.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Revolva(m): 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2017
heaven LMFAO place that does not exist
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
CXLVII:

Do you have the Holy Spirit?

If I point a gun in your head, can the holy spirit stop the bullet.

Am just curious.... I would want to practically see what the Holy spirit can do.

I love questions like this and I can boastfully say, yes He can stop the bullet.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
Revolva:
heaven LMFAO place that does not exist

How do you know?

You sound sure.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by freeze22(m): 1:27pm On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:

Note that Jesus is the first born
Rom 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestinated [to be] conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be [the] First-born among many brothers.
Col 1:18 And He is [the] Head of the body, the church, who is [the] Beginning, the First-born from the dead, that He may be pre-eminent in all things.

Jesus is the fulfillment of true Israel. He retraced the steps of Israel through history. Take note of the following verses and compare

1. Hosea 11:1 When Israel [was] a child, then I loved him and called My son out of Egypt.
Matt 2:14-15 And he arose and took the young child and his mother by night and departed into Egypt. And he was there until the death of Herod; so that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the LORD through the prophet, Out of Egypt I have called My Son.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Tidamsel: 1:30pm On Jan 29, 2017
Wot kind of jamb questn is dz
Dey r both d same; God d father, God d son, n God d holy spirit r all 1.
1 Trinity. If u biliv in God u biliv in ez son also vice versa. Whoeva u biliv in u still gona make heaven so long u do d ryt tin n u r on d ryt pat.
4 me I c no difference in DM dey r d same even wen we pray we often say In JESUS NAME.
Nevadlex which EVA way dey r d same.
10q u!
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by deebrain(m): 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
Satans believe in God so what makes you different?
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Gnwuashi: 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
Jesus is the way, the truth and the Life. No man goes to God except through Jesus. If you keep all the commandments and the laws and do not believe in Jesus as the only begotten son of God and as your saviour you will still die and go to hell.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by kellybently(m): 1:35pm On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:

when i send my messenger to you . you have to belive him for you to belive me.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by CXLVII: 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2017
Jeromejnr:

I love questions like this and I can boastfully say, yes He can stop the bullet.

grin grin grin It's OK.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 29, 2017
kilo4sure:
What is your idea of God? There are many versions of God, so which God do you believe in? I believe in the God of Israel seen in Jesus.

How come same people of Isreal killed Jesus? How come there are very few Christians in Isreal as against Muslims and Jews?

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by kellybently(m): 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
onedayatime:

read and understand. I said all with IF.......if you are a yoruba man like me, you will, I mean 'ti o ba ni Emi Mimo'...meanwhile, not all the members will be in the church that. If the church has some true worshippers of God, the Holy Spirit will delay them, no doubt, or ask them to stay at home and praise God or something will happen. that is sure.
those that are in church that day don't have holy spirit in them.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by leofab(f): 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
Fanatic
analice107:

Only a fool will take you serious.

"You'll be the last person to malign Christ if He is real".

He is not real, why not go on with what is real to you.

AGAIN, NO SERIOUS MINDED CHRISTIAN SHOULD RESPOND TO THIS IGNORAMUS.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by leofab(f): 1:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
kizking:

You fool did not the word in exodus comeem to you through a man. and if you so much believe God's word there are many proofs of God's word speaking of him in both the new and old testament.
why the insult ? You are very foolish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by specco(m): 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
Belief in God alone does not guarante heaven because according to James 2:19(even the devils believe there's God and they shiver, but no heaven for them.)
No one can go to God except through Jesus Christ(John14:6)
Jesus is the ONLY way! Not one of the ways.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by omojeesu(m): 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life: NO MAN cometh unto the Father, BUT BY ME.

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? HE THAT HATH SEEN ME HATH SEEN THE FATHER; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

SORRY, YOU CANT BYPASS JESUS TO GET TO GOD.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Revolva(m): 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
Jeromejnr:

How do you know?

You sound sure.

I am confident and sure OK heaven and hell is on earth OK when we die we go back to the dust and our soul goes to wherever they came from ...
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by femicyrus(m): 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
jchioma:

All the quotations you have given above are from the same John. Does that not contradict the Almighty's statement as I quoted in Exodus 4:22?
since all you want is a statement from God for you to believe in Jesus then take it:
Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Re: Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? by Jeromejnr(m): 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
Revolva:

I am confident and sure OK heaven and hell is on earth OK when we die we go back to the dust and our soul goes to wherever they came from ...

Which soul?

And where did it come from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship / Elections Will Be Free And Fair – Pastor Kumuyi / Is It Normal To Pray Before Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.