Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Trumps Orders Already Block Green Card, Visa Holders @ Airport - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Trumps Orders Already Block Green Card, Visa Holders @ Airport (690 Views)

The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Block Major Road In Abuja Central With Their Cattle (See Photos) / Very Poisonous Green Snake Killed This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trumps Orders Already Block Green Card, Visa Holders @ Airport by paulGrundy(m): 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2017
Within hours of President Trump’s executive order limiting immigration from Muslim countries, green card and visa holders were already being blocked from getting on flights to the U.S.

The Arab-American Anti-Discrimination Committee said people who had already landed were being sequestered at airports and told they have to return to their point of origin.

The Department of Homeland Security issued a directive at 4:30 p.m. ordering the Customs and Border Protection to enforce the executive order.

“For those already here, we won't actually know until the flights back to these areas begin departing,” Abed Ayoub of the ADC said about the crisis.

Miami-Dade mayor orders cooperation in Trump immigration plan
“We’re hearing from a lot of people concerned about family members, friends, classmates. We're hearing about a lot of folks asking ‘should I cancel my plans,’ and from folks who had to cancel events because of this.”

People who were still in the air as of 10:30 p.m. likely face being blocked at the airport when their planes land, he said.

“If they are already on the plane, they will not be able to enter,” he said.

"We had a few folks land who landed right around the time the order was issued, who were permitted to go through. I guess it was the luck of the draw.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-order-blocks-green-card-visa-holders-airports-article-1.2957910
Re: Trumps Orders Already Block Green Card, Visa Holders @ Airport by okonja(m): 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
Op, please read the title of this thread again because I'm not understanding embarassed
Re: Trumps Orders Already Block Green Card, Visa Holders @ Airport by HARDDON: 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
as much as this is a welcomed development, its ripple effect could wave father than trump envisaged
Re: Trumps Orders Already Block Green Card, Visa Holders @ Airport by Surrez(m): 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
But why now 'why are they hate Muslim just like that nawa ooo at least is a good religion and peaceful but there are some foolish and bad gang that want to turn Muslim to bad religion

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Over 50 Ways To Identify A Nigerian Gay / My Boyfriend / Happy Belated Birthday Tew EVAJAEL, The Great Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.