Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Fruits Of A Young, Untrained Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fruits Of A Young, Untrained Christian (435 Views)

Why Did She Not Live To Reap The Fruits Of Her Labour / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heaven - Fruits Of The Spirit 2 / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heaven - Fruits Of The Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fruits Of A Young, Untrained Christian by TheUmbra: 11:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
Arrogance
Impulsive
Know it all
Presumption

These are some of the traits commonly found in many young Christian converts. Buoyed by the joy and confidence the good news brings, they rush into the world with great zeal and enthusiasm, branching off into different department of discipleship. Some into evangelism, some into intercession and others into healing. But oftentimes they leave the wisdom and SPIRIT of GOD behind as human impulses and instincts rule over their drive to minister the benefits of the Kingdom of GOD unto others.

Many young converts are rich in faith but it must be stressed that there is a thin line between faith and presumption. Even arrogance can be mistaken for faith by a young, inexperienced Christian. Faith outside the will of GOD is simply presumption. Faith outside the knowledge of GOD is arrogance.

The scripture says "MY sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27).

Simple illustration of the above scripture means Christians ought to hear GOD's instructions and be lead accordingly by HIS SPIRIT. It is of great importance that young Christian converts learn to wait and be lead by GOD's SPIRIT, rather than their own instincts no matter how good and noble their intensions may be.

Consider the following scripture:

"On one occasion, while HE was eating with them, HE gave them this command: Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift MY FATHER promised." (Act 1:4)

There was a great preaching and testifying ahead of the disciples, but they were told to wait for GOD's SPIRIT. They obeyed. And when the HOLY SPIRIT did come, they preached with so much power and confidence that three thousand converts were added to their fold in one day! (Act 2:41)

But on the contrary, when one is lead by his own instinct, even towards a good purpose, it can come to disappointment if the SPIRIT of GOD is not leading him.

Moses the great man of GOD tried to move ahead of himself, he found himself in the wrong timing with his GOD. By his own instinct he tried to rescue and lead his people, but his effort backfired because the LORD was not with him. Moses' time wasn't GOD's time. In the end he had to run for his own life. (Exodus 2:11-15)

The sons of Sceva is another classic example of instinctive Christians as opposed to HOLY SPIRIT lead Christian. After watching Paul performed great signs and and wonders in Ephesus, the sons of Sceva tried to follow in Paul's footsteps. It ended in disgrace. (Act 19: 11-16)

A mature believer is lead by the wisdom and SPIRIT of GOD.

Some scriptures that encourages us to wait on the LORD's leading.

Joshua 1: 1-3,7
John 11: 1-44
Gen 18:10
2Sam 7: 5, 12-13a
John 7:30
Re: Fruits Of A Young, Untrained Christian by analice107: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Thanks for this exaltation. Keep it coming sir.
Godbless
Re: Fruits Of A Young, Untrained Christian by ThatKING(m): 1:33am On Sep 19, 2018
TheUmbra:
Arrogance
Impulsive
Know it all
Presumption

These are some of the traits commonly found in many young Christian converts. Buoyed by the joy and confidence the good news brings, they rush into the world with great zeal and enthusiasm, branching off into different department of discipleship. Some into evangelism, some into intercession and others into healing. But oftentimes they leave the wisdom and SPIRIT of GOD behind as human impulses and instincts rule over their drive to minister the benefits of the Kingdom of GOD unto others.

Many young converts are rich in faith but it must be stressed that there is a thin line between faith and presumption. Even arrogance can be mistaken for faith by a young, inexperienced Christian. Faith outside the will of GOD is simply presumption. Faith outside the knowledge of GOD is arrogance.

The scripture says "MY sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27).

Simple illustration of the above scripture means Christians ought to hear GOD's instructions and be lead accordingly by HIS SPIRIT. It is of great importance that young Christian converts learn to wait and be lead by GOD's SPIRIT, rather than their own instincts no matter how good and noble their intensions may be.

Consider the following scripture:

"On one occasion, while HE was eating with them, HE gave them this command: Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift MY FATHER promised." (Act 1:4)

There was a great preaching and testifying ahead of the disciples, but they were told to wait for GOD's SPIRIT. They obeyed. And when the HOLY SPIRIT did come, they preached with so much power and confidence that three thousand converts were added to their fold in one day! (Act 2:41)

But on the contrary, when one is lead by his own instinct, even towards a good purpose, it can come to disappointment if the SPIRIT of GOD is not leading him.

Moses the great man of GOD tried to move ahead of himself, he found himself in the wrong timing with his GOD. By his own instinct he tried to rescue and lead his people, but his effort backfired because the LORD was not with him. Moses' time wasn't GOD's time. In the end he had to run for his own life. (Exodus 2:11-15)

The sons of Sceva is another classic example of instinctive Christians as opposed to HOLY SPIRIT lead Christian. After watching Paul performed great signs and and wonders in Ephesus, the sons of Sceva tried to follow in Paul's footsteps. It ended in disgrace. (Act 19: 11-16)

A mature believer is lead by the wisdom and SPIRIT of GOD.

Some scriptures that encourages us to wait on the LORD's leading.

Joshua 1: 1-3,7
John 11: 1-44
Gen 18:10
2Sam 7: 5, 12-13a
John 7:30
hello my friend...

(1) (Reply)

Strange Things We Do In The Name Of "It's Our Culture!" / What The Lord God Had Said And What He Hasn't / John C. Maxwell: Instead Of Complaining, Remember These 10 Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.