Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,773 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. (6338 Views)

Igor Moroz Destroys His Mercedes-AMG G63 SUV By Dropping It From Helicopter / Inkas Reveals N432m Bulletproof Mercedes Benz G63 AMG Limousine (photos) / The N500 Million Mercedes Benz G63 AMG Limo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by festuks(m): 9:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
#Thegame#

Morale of the story is, a car needs a befitting driver. If you overtake one person driving a g63 and/or any turbo engine, you were only being allowed to play or maybe show off. Those stuff under the hood are not your mates.

Hope my story will make you chill the next time you see a solid German on the road. And just honk your horn as a show of respect for allowing you pass..

Pls tell him

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by symbianDON(m): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2017
flooring corolla to 180-200k/hr.....small time now una no go let gazzuzz see front when una engine begin smoke!! una dooh...kontinu
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by OBAnkemi: 6:37am On Feb 01, 2017
Readonee35L:
Make una buy beta motor una no go hear.
Na dt 1.8 corolla una like.
There are beta cars out there.

Acura tl's 3.2L v6 churning over 280hp
Audi 2.0T and the V6 options
Even the Toyota v6 are not bad.
The almighty VQ in the Nissan v6 is also very powerful .
The J35 and J30 in Honda v6 are also impressive .

This cars will do better and even have a better chance against this v8 turbos.

The last time I drove a corolla it felt silly. Engine making noise during kick down .with little movement .

If you try a better car you'd know what I'm saying.
You closing over 160kph at 3000rpm .
Do you know what happens when you red line such car .you're gone in seconds.

My favorite everyday car will always be the 2008 Acura Tl type s . Dropping 280hp.

Guy none of these cars u mentioned can stand any chance whatsoever wit a G-Wagon,.....whether AMG or plain spec G-Wagon.
So quit comparing a Machine wit a toy......

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Readonee35L(m): 8:27am On Feb 01, 2017
OBAnkemi:

Guy none of these cars u mentioned can stand any chance whatsoever wit a G-Wagon,.....whether AMG or plain spec G-Wagon.
So quit comparing a Machine wit a toy......
Mr Man.
Non of these cars can stand a G_wag I agree.
But they stand a chance .
They have good acceleration and torque.

With good driving experience and lack of fear to overtake in tight corners . You can dust the gwagon.

My last point.
The gwagon can't maximize it full potential or top speed on such roads . I still believe I can dust a Gwag with a Acura Tl Type s . Or an Infiniti M45 on nigerian roads

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Lovechyld101(m): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lol corolla of all cars, if it was a V6 honda I-vtec engine u still stand a chance. Based on ur driving skill.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by inze(m): 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
. . . all these people will just be tempting sombodi
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by lonelydora: 2:28am On Feb 02, 2017
Op, next time try to have some respect for elders grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by lonelydora: 2:32am On Feb 02, 2017
Readonee35L:

The last time I drove a corolla it felt silly. Engine making noise during kick down .with little movement .

My favorite everyday car will always be the 2008 Acura Tl type s . Dropping 280hp.

With the bolded I stand a chance with that Gwagon

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Lovechyld101(m): 11:40am On Feb 02, 2017
Just last month I drove my friends corrola 06 1.8L so I got to a free road I Tuttle half way but the engine was pickin like I wanted I had to depress totally before I could get to 60km/h in close to 15 second it felt odd that was my first time on a corrolla even a camry 2.2 wud respond faster.
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by kingreign(m): 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lovechyld101:
Just last month I drove my friends corrola 06 1.8L so I got to a free road I Tuttle half way but the engine was pickin like I wanted I had to depress totally before I could get to 60km/h in close to 15 second it felt odd that was my first time on a corrolla even a camry 2.2 wud respond faster.

Your friend's corolla is dead, he needs miraculous touches to revive it again.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by snipesdam(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2017
Lovechyld101:

@Gazzuzz market dey here ooo... come and change person engine cool

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by EgunMogaji2: 3:59am On Nov 29, 2019
diportivo:
Na why accident for that stretch between owo and akure dey always kill plenty ppl

I fear dat road pass oyo-ogbomosho

I drove the Oyo/Ogbomosho road on Tuesday and is still can’t believe that such a death trap exist.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Originalsly: 4:44am On Nov 29, 2019
kingreign:

I've pushed that 2009 corolla (Middle East/Arabian specs) to 210km/h.

Hmmmm...... but you floored it and got only 170 km/hr?
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by diportivo: 8:28am On Nov 29, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I drove the Oyo/Ogbomosho road on Tuesday and is still can’t believe that such a death trap exist.

boss

its been like dat since time immemorial

I like d road tho.....keeps me on my toes grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Readonee35L(m): 9:02am On Nov 29, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Still plied that road recently.
Suruu Logba grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by homeboy205: 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I nearly finished on the road, thanks to sound 2az-fe

Saved me between incoming trailer while overtaking another trailer in a bend
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by paix(m): 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2019
Homguy:
I was driving jejely when i saw this G-wag flashing me from my rear view mirror. The road wasnt so free however, but i was going 110km/hr. On the continuous flashing i felt my 09 corolla should be able able to accelerate faster than the Gwag due to its bulk, i put on my hazard lights and started weaving through traffic until i got through and floored my pedals. My engine groaned but i continued. The Gwag couldnt weave through so easily so he was stuckfor a while. The next time i checked my rear view i saw the Gwag coming with full speed at this time i was at 170km/hr+. My accelerator was still floored but this beast just overtook me like i was coasting. I felt my car shudder a bit when he passed. i already knew it was no contest at all but i just wanted to see if my driving skills might place me ahead. Sadly i was wrong.

After i saw the G63 AMG badge on it. I was ashamed and very humbled to have even thought of humiliating such a beast.

Lesson learnt angry
grin grin
You're sincerely sounding like who's earning 50k per month trying to compete with somebody who's earning 300k to impress a lady. Even for beer parlour, seniors dey!!

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by udemzyudex(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
See doctor wey dey fire 170km/hr.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by larrypourl(m): 1:53am On Dec 07, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I do real fasting and prayer whenever I plan plying that route. That road is something else abeg and accidents on that road are always fatal.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by EgunMogaji2: 3:41am On Dec 07, 2019
larrypourl:

I do real fasting and prayer whenever I plan plying that route. That road is something else abeg and accidents on that road are always fertile.

Two part story.

1) My business partners neighbor died on that road on Wednesday evening around 7pm, coming back to Ibadan from attending his mum’s funeral. The accident was so horrid that the Doctor called to just come and bury him and no need to take him to morgue.

2) The neighbor that died is a night watchman.

A) Lady that sells paraga to them claims she sold him paraga around 10pm same night. Had a glow around him that she passed off as ambient light.

B) Fellow night watchman claims he personally visited him at his station around midnight as he was making his rounds. They shook hands but now recollect same glow and also coldness.

C) Two, not one, neighbors say him on back of okada around 9pm. They describe what he was wearing and matched his death cloth. They hailed him and he responded regarding his mum’s burial.

Not sure about all this but friend, it’s head scratching.
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 07, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Two part story.

1) My business partners neighbor died on that road on Wednesday evening around 7pm, coming back to Ibadan from attending his mum’s funeral. The accident was so horrid that the Doctor called to just come and bury him and no need to take him to morgue.

A) Lady that sells paraga to them claims she sold him paraga around 10pm same night. Had a glow around him that she passed off as ambient light.

B) Fellow night watchman claims he personally visited him at his station around midnight as he was making his rounds. They shook hands but now recollect same glow and also coldness.

C) Two, not one, neighbors say him on back of okada around 9pm. They describe what he was wearing and matched his death cloth. They hailed him and he responded regarding his mum’s burial.

Welcome to Africa.
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by timifakay(m): 5:15am On Dec 07, 2019
larrypourl:

I do real fasting and prayer whenever I plan plying that route. That road is something else abeg and accidents on that road are always fertile.
Bobo no go die unless tí ó bá di arúgbó

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by 9icetoo(m): 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
homeboy205:

I nearly finished on the road, thanks to sound 2az-fe

Saved me between incoming trailer while overtaking another trailer in a bend
Never overtake at a bend. Patience.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Smartwave: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
170/km/h Akure - Owo road?? Bro. Continue with your lies.

That road is totally bad.

And at 110km/h you still take pictures?

You need help and deliverance from the spirit of lie.

If is Ilesa - Akure road now, alright.

But Akure - Owo Is no no no. Not even 100/km/h

And moreso, that road is full of trailers and bumbs - from Federal Govt. Girls college - Sasa markets - uso - Rufus Giwa polytechnic 1sr & 2nd gate and many towns. How about the police check points?
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Nostradamus: 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2019
Readonee35L:

the bolded,which Honda cars come with such engines?

Looking forward to your reply cool
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by larrypourl(m): 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
timifakay:

Fatal- A fatality; an event that leads to death.

Thanks for your observation/correction Timi, that was a mistake. I'm hoping to meet you soon in Ibadan oo, I'm based in Oyo town, Owode precisely.
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by larrypourl(m): 10:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Two part story.

The man na real night watchman.

The new Ogbomoso - Oyo express road is under construction and its about 65% completed, once the road is completed, Ogbomoso - Oyo shouldn't be more than 35mins drive. I avoid that road like plague.
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by timifakay(m): 5:53am On Dec 08, 2019
larrypourl:

Thanks for your observation/correction Timi, that was a mistake. I'm hoping to meet you soon in Ibadan oo, I'm based in Oyo town, Owode precisely.
Okay sir... You can edit your post to delete quoted text.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by diportivo: 9:28am On Dec 08, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Two part story.

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by thecommunist(m): 9:38am On Dec 08, 2019
JeffreyJamez:

But 170? ....On a corrolla?.... naaahi still refuse to believe lol
i still comfortably do 160km/hr on my 5 year old beat up camry tiny light on the good stretch of Lagos Ibadan express way.
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Drversatile: 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2019
Never compare compare slot and eagle, they're not mate and design for different purposes.
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
thecommunist:
i still comfortably do 160km/hr on my 5 year old beat up camry tiny light on the good stretch of Lagos Ibadan express way.
22 years old. You mean?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) / Market Price For Brand New Hyundai Elantra - 2011/2012 Model / Key Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.