Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company (7732 Views)

Become a landlord at Maya ikorodu in a fully developed area for 1.2m / The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant? / Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by FOWOSIRE: 11:37am On Jan 29, 2017
Hi everyone, I would like to know what it takes to start up a fully functional and function able real estate company in Nigeria. Not talking about just some components such as agents or surveyors but rather the full functional company that can accommodate the various components as best as it can. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:18am On Jan 31, 2017
I dedicate this first to comment to The Almighty thank you.

4 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by nmreports: 7:19am On Jan 31, 2017
It takes just one thing and that is:
1. Drive.
You would tirelessly and continuously source for your own business so if theres no drive and passion then its not a job for you.

2. Register with estate managers of Nigeria.
3. Register with CAC.
4. Have a physical office.
5. Hit the road.
6. Connect with as much people as you can. Real estate thrives on referral.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by Drienzia: 7:20am On Jan 31, 2017
It starts by captive correspondence. it entails the LG, to vigorously ascertain the belligerent venture and adventure, driving the zeal to start up the company. further more, u need a titanium Collateral to vitiate the ambient Vulgate of the region...like seriously, u reading this? my brother, me no know watin I de talk o. ....lol

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by leofab(f): 7:20am On Jan 31, 2017
Hmm
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by abdulhamid0(m): 7:23am On Jan 31, 2017
It takes money, alot of it smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by habex005(m): 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
Get the right connections and it depend on your expertise
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by Vendoor(f): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2017
If you are serious about Real Estate business I personally recommend you get this eBook:

http://propertymarket.ng/how-to-make-it-big-as-a-real-estate-agent/

It come with packages that will get you into the business in no time. No capital required!

Good Luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by ruggedlaw(m): 7:34am On Jan 31, 2017
1. Start by incorporating a company
2. Get an office space in a good location, equip it with everything a modern office needs to effectively carry out its functions
3. Get an official car branded with your company name and address (optional though)
4. Employ good looking and articulate marketers
5. Have a friend in the land registry for info and updates on current issues bordering on land
6. Partner with a good Law firm like mine
7.Open a corporate account
8.Print your business cards, letter headed papers, receipts booklets, forms etc
9. Set up your website
Nb. these are not in a any particular order. will let you know when I remember more. You can give me a call/ whatsapp or email. 08087789471, dijilaw@gmail.com

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by omogidi234(m): 7:39am On Jan 31, 2017
All of these above are key, I won't bother to add anything other than to say, you may not break even as early as you thought but men, don't take a No for an answer.

By the way, don't mind ruggedlaw point no 6. Partner with mine. grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by EGCA: 7:40am On Jan 31, 2017
Hmmmm.

Firstly real estate as different aspect which include bt not limited to property valuation, property management, agency among other.

Which part a u interested in? Is it property development or mgt or valuation or agency? Let me knw dat den I give u wat up based on how pocket.

www.egcandassociates.org.ng

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by HomesOfLife(m): 7:43am On Jan 31, 2017
smiley
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by money121(m): 7:45am On Jan 31, 2017
Grace of Almighty God...

Kindly check my signature for current price of Rooftiles in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by begwong: 7:47am On Jan 31, 2017
FIRST U NEED HARDENED THUGS TO EVICT THOSE IGBO BOYS THAT DON'T LIKE RENEWING THEIR RENTS!

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by menama(m): 7:50am On Jan 31, 2017
FOWOSIRE:
Hi everyone, I would like to know what it takes to start up a fully functional and function able real estate company in Nigeria. Not talking about just some components such as agents or surveyors but rather the full functional company that can accommodate the various components as best as it can. Thank you.

Register your company.

Have a fat bank account

Hire an architect, a building engineer and a quantity surveyor.

Start buying cheap lands and build beautiful houses for rent or sale

Buy uncompleted buildings and finish it up for rent or resale.

Buy old buildings and remodel it for rent or resale.

Offer building services for others

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by webcalculator(m): 7:53am On Jan 31, 2017
For being an estate agent in Nigeria I suggest you first get a mentor. Let him show you how to deal the business t avoid problem with customer retention. The success of being a real estate agent is in retaining your customers. While learning from him, signup in https://nairabricks.com and list any property you have. You can even put up your boss property with his permission.

Lastly, register at CAC and have a physical office. Then be truthful to your clients

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by FOWOSIRE: 8:03am On Jan 31, 2017
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your responses, what other qualifications are required and registrations, including the CAC.
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by legendte(m): 8:08am On Jan 31, 2017
Following

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by Khalifa04: 8:22am On Jan 31, 2017
For starting most of ur engineers shld be on contract appointment to save capital and you must go for competent engineers not all those dy/ds engineers check their practical qualification and their experience before their checking their papers
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 31, 2017
Link up with qualified interested parties.
Get your company registered at the CAC.
Connectivity is key. Get some complimentary cards and flyers if possible, liaise with family and friends, use social media.
Stay optimistic and positive.
Hard work and dedication are some of the ingredients for expansion
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by danemenike: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Good post
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by trichog: 8:36am On Jan 31, 2017
Kindly hook up with research@lsi-ng.com or call this number 08052076440 by name Mr julius. He is the Consultant that helped my uncle set up his real estate firm at Lekki and he did a goog job.
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by ruggedlaw(m): 8:37am On Jan 31, 2017
[quote author=FOWOSIRE post=53284057]Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your responses, what other qualifications are required and registrations, including the CAC.[/quote
] Send me a whatsapp message if you want to register your company and other relevant info. 08087789471
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by Nedsnow(m): 9:02am On Jan 31, 2017
EGCA:
Hmmmm.

Firstly real estate as different aspect which include bt not limited to property valuation, property management, agency among other.

Which part a u interested in? Is it property development or mgt or valuation or agency? Let me knw dat den I give u wat up based on how pocket.

www.egcandassociates.org.ng
Thank you. Just what i was about asking him. And personally to me, I believe you also need to work under someone first. Every department under real estate requires a lot of experience before you can handle it very well.
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by calberian: 9:15am On Jan 31, 2017
Drienzia:
It starts by captive correspondence. it entails the LG, to vigorously ascertain the belligerent venture and adventure, driving the zeal to start up the company. further more, u need a titanium Collateral to vitiate the ambient Vulgate of the region...like seriously, u reading this? my brother, me no know watin I de talk o. ....lol

Awon ti yaba left da? Edakun, e wa wo member!
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by DrogoG(m): 9:23am On Jan 31, 2017
- You need to register your real estate biz.

- Join any club or association relating to your biz.

- You need a lot of cash. You need it to acquire lands and develop them to sell or purchase buildings and refurbish them to sell.

- You need a physical office. Have an office in the city. Be open to opening branches at different strategic locaions to expand as your business grows.

- You need a well designed website and consider having social media handles e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Intagram etc.

- You need to be good in property research. That's how you find a good property to buy. The more good properties you have to sell, the more money you make.

- You need to have spare cash for ads. Advertisement helps to reach as many customer targets as possible. A real estate biz strives more when your business is popular.

_ You need staff. A small staff of 2 or 3 personnel is OK to begin with. Increase staff as the business grows.

=================

If you don't have the cash needed to start a real estate business, then become an agent and raise enough money to start yours.

- You need to register your biz.

- Join any club or association relating to your biz.

- You need a physical office.

- You need to know all the real estate agents in the area you want to operate. And work with as many them as possible.

- You need a website and social media handles.

- You need to be good in finding properties for sale and their owners who're willing to give you commission for bringing a buyer.

- Make sure the property is not a scam.

Good luck! grin

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by BossAndaz: 9:29am On Jan 31, 2017
I will be right back. Let me check my file.
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by chuksjuve(m): 9:40am On Jan 31, 2017
The people above have said it all except one thing;
When you need a landscape designer and beautification expert..

Just call up or check up my signature..

Hoping to work with you.. grin grin
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by cherpret: 9:54am On Jan 31, 2017
unless you're fully experienced, I'd advice u work with some one with experience..
after that, register under NIESV. you'd also need a smart team.
meet people too, communication is the key. I'm just an estate management student

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by Tmex(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2017
It takes real money and a functional ethical structures.
Re: What Does It Take To Set Up A Fully Functional Real Estate Company by Ayhomes(m): 10:10am On Jan 31, 2017
FOWOSIRE:
Though money is part of what you need but its not primary, the first thing you need is experience and you can only get that through traning and pratice and relates with big players in the real estate sector.

I can assure you with training and pratice you can earn as more as you need to start your own company trust me, You are on the right path to success. If you don't mind there is going to be BOT training this weekend feb 4 at festac.

If you are lucky to attend you will thank me for it because you will gain more and know more about what you want to do.

just contact me on 09066815852 for address and time so I can book a seat for you this will not cost you a dime except your transport. Check my profile.

If you are reading this and you also want to make money from real estate send your name, sex and email to this number and I will also book a seat for you . 09066815852

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imported Steel Security Doors For Sale / Modern 4bedroom Duplex Architectural Design With Flat Roof. / Part 2: How To Calculate The Price Of A Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.