Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Gtbank And Atm Fraud - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank And Atm Fraud (2390 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Just In: Make 70k+ Monthly From Daily Savings Business Using POS And ATM Cards / EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank And Atm Fraud by Odianose13(m): 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2009
My brother used his ATM card in an ATM machine in Abuja. But to his surprise, some days later when he went to get some money with the same atm card here in lagos. he discovered that about #442,000 has been taken from the account. He went to the bank to notify them and ask reasons why. He was told that somebody took all the money from different ATm machines in Abuja while he was in Lagos and his account was short including ATM charges. To his shock, he was told that noting can be done. That to them the ATM withdrawal was valid as it showed his ATM card. But he has a savings account and a current account (which has the ATM card) with the bank. When he opened the current account, the ATM card of the saings acc was connected wit the current acc without his knowlegde. He always collected money from the savings acc unknown to him that the current account was also exposed to ATM withdrawals. Can u tell me why the bank will not do something to helpout to get the culprit of this fraudulent act and save this innocent brother of mine of financial breakdown? 
    I thought ATM machines had cameras which could help out in investigation? But the bank does not even want to investigate at all and right now they are pushing the blame on the account holder saying that he was careless with his ATM card.
    Please, is this fair of GTB?
Re: Gtbank And Atm Fraud by larger20(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2009
If he did not log out of the ATM after withdrawing money from his account, someone else will likley take some of his or her cash. So its not the fault of the bank in this case. I think thats his mistake.
Re: Gtbank And Atm Fraud by Cappadona123: 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2009
do you trust guys working in that bank?I have heard same story
Re: Gtbank And Atm Fraud by joy0987654: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2009
HOW CAN SOMEONE USE ANOTHER PERSON ATM NOT JUST ONES BUT MORE THAN ONE TIME.
AND THEY ARE BLAMING THE ACCOUNT HOLDER?
SOMETHING IS GOING ON IN THAT BANK FOR SURE.
Re: Gtbank And Atm Fraud by Bonniefran: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2009
Just to mention two things here; You need to confirm from that your brother if he ever give out his ATM information and password. Currently there are series of fraud email, the fraudster have succeeded in pulling access to the official website of GTB to the extent that GTB official email account is used and if you fall, you would have released your ATM info to those guys.

Secondly, while withdrawing money with his ATM card, if someone takes note of his PINCODE you can be sure your brother can't be free from those fraudster. It's a pity guy.

However, the Banks should wake up and save US from these menace of the SUPER-FRAUDER. If you have a package that cannot be supervised or controlled, then withdraw such from the society. Other countries are in use of ATM facilities and they have some measures used to reduce all these bad practices of the fraudsters.

(1) (Reply)

Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do / Free Affiliate And Cpa Marketing Training / Goron Tula And Sugar Lump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.