Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA (20006 Views)

Owolabi Habeebah Olayinka Graduates With A 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / UI Graduates 5,598 Students,as 117 Came Out With First Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by olabode89(m): 8:41am On Jan 30, 2017
LordIsaac:
The fact is, they are exceptional. However, they need to migrate to better climes to justify their distinction. A first class in Microbiology without ever using any state-of-the art facility in that field makes your result questionable outside Nigeria.

This Practical V Theory issue is laughable.

Can those state of the art equipment be operated without excellent theoretical background and knowledge. People need to travel and see the world before they throw this mumbo jumbo about the ability to utilise equipment and to implement theoretical knowledge in a practical manner.

As a Msc. student in a top university in Europe with Friends who are currently Msc. students, PhD Students at top Universities in Canada and US, for your information with dedication and "the never say die nigerian mentality" Nigerian students have/can learnt/learn to operate those state of the art equipments. 60% of Nigerian studies studying abroad are usually Research Assistants, what can you say about that?
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by zagadat1: 8:42am On Jan 30, 2017
Let's be sincere Afonjas sabi book die!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by Derawiz(m): 8:49am On Jan 30, 2017
Nigerians and Jealousy, some don't even understand what they're arguing about.
A perfect score doesn't mean 100/100 in all your exams but an A in all your exams.In the Nigerian system, 70/100 fetches you an A.So if you can get even 70/100 in all ur exams, then you're good to Go.I know a 300lvl student engineering that's on 5.0 , he doesn't need to get 100/100 but 70/100..all those saying that you can't get 100/100 in a practical exam should take several seats please, She might not get 100/100 but doesn't mean she can't get 70/100 which is still an A
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by Platinumay(m): 8:54am On Jan 30, 2017
soberdrunk:
Benedict has a very strong point, i can bet my kidneys that if you take that Unilag student that made 1st class in systems Engineering to MIT or any other advanced university he or she may struggle to even get a pass angry Nobody scores 100/100 in a practical test angry. 5.0 in Economics, Yoruba or Divinity studies is possible but in "Systems Engineering" HABA!!! angry

Get your facts right bro, a Nigerian bagged 5.O cgpa in medicine in Russia, name go by Omotuyi Moyinlorun Google it, with all the practicals involved in medicine. Nothing is impossible

1 Like

Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by EmilyShoton(f): 9:05am On Jan 30, 2017
Benz4pimp:
bro,the problem here is not 1st class but 5.0!!!that equally means the students scored 100/100 in all courses!!!Have you ever seen anyone that scored 10/10 in practicals or fine art?
Big head. It may not be 100/100, a 70/100 is a 5.0 GPA so the scores may range between 70-100. I scored slightly above 70/100 in most of my courses in the university and came out with a very good grade.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by Sirwallace(m): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2017
ffrreeee:
How can one satisfy human beings?
When schools don't produce first class graduates, you complained, now unilag produced two first class graduates, people are still complaining
What exactly do you people want?
dude, dont get it wrong, nobody is complaining about the school dishing out first class graduates, our major concern is the 5.0 Perfect score. coincidentally, this happen in the same school last year. really, are we gonna say the qualities of the teachers and student is that good in UNILAG despite the outburst from that guy suspended by the school for criticizing their crappy system. when something is too good to be true, it warrant questioning.
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by kaziblake(f): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2017
Benz4pimp:
bro,the problem here is not 1st class but 5.0!!!that equally means the students scored 100/100 in all courses!!!Have you ever seen anyone that scored 10/10 in practicals or fine art?
Yea my sis did
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by Marthaodion(f): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2017
Benz4pimp:

Do you know how cumulative GP is calculated? If she scores A in all her courses, definitely she will have 5.0. That doesn't mean she scored 100% in any or all the courses she took. For some schools A is from 75 or more.
Do you understand now?
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by mrnigeria(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2017
Jamzig1:

Bro e no easy jare... that perfect score is IMPOSSIBLE in FUNAAB, owing to the fact that every single course offered no matter how small the unit is or how irrelevant it is to your field contributes to your CGPA.
I dont know why they all cant adopt a unified grading system
Unified grading system?
MTS lecturers will weep...
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by Xbee007(m): 9:15am On Jan 30, 2017
U are sick!
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by Tunby(m): 9:29am On Jan 30, 2017
I studied electrical and computer engineering in unilag and know oyinda personally. She took some of my departmental course. She is simply highly efficient and hardworking. However, I'd say she had a bit of luck or some might say divine favour because there were courses she just miraculously scored A where other equally good students scored B. There are a lot of other guys who were good enough to have 5.0 also but were unfortunate to have a few Bs here and there. Btw I managed to finish with a two-one. Phew! E no easy meen. Lol
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by ephi123(f): 9:44am On Jan 30, 2017
Benz4pimp:

That's not correct. They only need to score As in ALL their courses for a 5.0 CGPA.
A is score >75
So definitely that is possible.
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by ephi123(f): 9:45am On Jan 30, 2017
Derawiz:
Nigerians and Jealousy, some don't even understand what they're arguing about.
A perfect score doesn't mean 100/100 in all your exams but an A in all your exams.In the Nigerian system, 70/100 fetches you an A.So if you can get even 70/100 in all ur exams, then you're good to Go. I know a 300lvl student engineering that's on 5.0 , he doesn't need to get 100/100 but 70/100..all those saying that you can't get 100/100 in a practical exam should take several seats please, She might not get 100/100 but doesn't mean she can't get 70/100 which is still an A

Exactly. Thank you.
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by agrovick(m): 10:12am On Jan 30, 2017
Benz4pimp:

You are confusing things, you don't need to score a 100/100. 70 is the minimum perfect score, get 70 in all your courses and you are guaranteed a perfect GPA.
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2017
EmilyShoton:
Big head. It may not be 100/100, a 70/100 is a 5.0 GPA so the scores may range between 70-100. I scored slightly above 70/100 in most of my courses in the university and came out with a very good grade.
uncivilized human!!!u always find it difficult to make corrections without insults....
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by EmilyShoton(f): 10:42am On Jan 30, 2017
Benz4pimp:
uncivilized human!!!u always find it difficult to make corrections without insults....
I only insult those am having a crush on. wink Do you ride a Benz? grin
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by Praissey: 11:06am On Jan 30, 2017
ffrreeee:
How can one satisfy human beings?
When schools don't produce first class graduates, you complained, now unilag produced two first class graduates, people are still complaining
What exactly do you people want?
Not two first class graduates but two people with 5.0 CGPA. There would be other first class graduates too.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by STENON(f): 12:02pm On Jan 30, 2017
Congratulations.
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Orjitex15:
who told u 1st class is 100/100. First-class is from 70% and above my brother. Sit up. Do u actually known cgpa is all about?
You say 70% is First class? Damn
Over here, that's a C minus. It would be the equivalent of having a 2.0 out of 4.0 GPA
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by sweettease(f): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
CFCman:

You say 70% is First class? Damn
Over here, that's a C minus. It would be the equivalent of having a 2.0 out of 4.0 GPA
Getting that 70% is not beans o, at least theoretically grin
Re: UNILAG VC Defends Graduates’ 5.0 CGPA by Solmax(m): 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
It seems some people forgot or don't know that to get first class means a CGPA of at least 4.5/5.0 which translates to 90%. There fore if the can make it here they would also make it there period.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ABU Students Return N2.5m To Owner (Photos) / First Class In The University: Is It Hard? / Hilarious Relay Race Video As Boy Runs Back To The Start After Getting A Baton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.