Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts (3228 Views)

10 Best Mobile Number Tracker App For Android With Live Location / Whatsapp’s Live Location Feature Lets Friends Track Each Other In Real Time / Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by Reediano(m): 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
WhatsApp is currently the most popular social messaging app in the world with over 100million active users monthly. Last year, the app was updated with lots of new features such as the group invite link, GIF support, document support and many more.

This year, WhatsApp has already started working on some other new features and one of them is called Live Location Tracking.
This new feature will allow you to track the location of any group member in real time. It uses the GPS positioning of the smartphone to track your contact and you can set the tracking time to either 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes or indefinitely.

What makes it even better is the fact that this feature is optional, which means you can disable if you don't want your group members to know your current location. It also comes deactivated by default, so you have to activate to start using it.

Although this new feature is said to be available on Android and iOS WhatsApp beta (version 2.16.399 and version 2.17.3.28 respectively), there is no official date yet as to when it will be rolled out to all users.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/01/new-whatsapp-feature-will-let-you-track-contacts.html
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by bash4us(m): 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2017
If its true......splendid!
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by Reediano(m): 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2017
bash4us:
If its true......splendid!

Let's just wait until they roll it out to everyone
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by Bahddo(m): 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Why would I want to reveal my location?

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by Reediano(m): 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2017
Bahddo:
Why would I want to reveal my location?

You have the option of disabling it

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by magaliyu(f): 12:28am On Jan 31, 2017
eyah...this is bad news for cheating girlfriends.
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by Reediano(m): 12:37am On Jan 31, 2017
magaliyu:

Haha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by Raypawer(m): 1:34am On Jan 31, 2017
so many will not like this feature! esp Nigerians.. and by the way it infringes on one's privacy... imagine person go just dey track ya lacation through whatsapp angry
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by kureshi007: 9:15am On Jan 31, 2017
I will track all my hoes!!!!!
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by paskyboy: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
Risky Anyway
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by babseg(m): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
I will just swith off my gps.
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by wellmax(m): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by Histrings08(m): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
Isn't that a threat to our security nd privacy?
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by mccoy47(m): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
Lalasticlala how many times this morning undecided
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by flyca: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
lts been a feature on wechat.
Its optional
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by eleojo23: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
Why do they want people to reveal their location?

From UC browser to Firefox to Whatsapp, they all want to get my location.

Every time I open UC browser, it will ask me to allow Google to get my location.

And also that Glo data subscription that keeps turning my GPS on without my permission.

Ah ah kilode?
Na by force to reveal my location?
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by kilokeys(m): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
bull ssssssiit
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by gaetano: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
So somebody cannot travel to Akwa-Ibom and straff in peace again undecided

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by obailala(m): 9:17am On Jan 31, 2017
Lol.. bad news for ashawo husbands and wives.
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 31, 2017
I can't still find it need! Stand to be corrected!

I love WhatsApp for it simplicity, kilo kan yin ati location mi bayi?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by Jeffrey12(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2017
OK oooo
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 31, 2017
Battery!
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by kstix(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2017
Hian, so that some girls will secretly activate their bf's whatsapp location tracker so he can't lie about where he is at any time. This is serious bad market. Don't be a cheating bf and if u are be checking ur whatsapp every hour to make sure the tracker is deactivated
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by TEEKAY2000: 9:19am On Jan 31, 2017
magaliyu:
What of cheating boyfriends?
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by folasayolyn(f): 9:22am On Jan 31, 2017
nope not interested real breach of my privacy and security
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by dominique(f): 9:22am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts by babasolo(m): 9:22am On Jan 31, 2017
gaetano:
So somebody cannot travel to Akwa-Ibom and straff in peace again undecided

lmaoooooo cheesy grin

(1)

China’s Silicon Valley: Checkout Amazing Chinese Version Of Top American Apps. / Glo Huge Data Bonus / So Guys In The Phone Section...what Do You Think? Is This Accurate, Or Stupid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.