Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:42 PM

Termites On Snail Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Termites On Snail Farm (2840 Views)

Snail Farmers :how Do You Treat Your Land For Termites On Free Range / My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures / What Strong Chemical Can I Use To Get Rid Of Termites From My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Termites On Snail Farm by souljaboi51(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello everyone, i am looking to start a snail farm in an unused plot in my compound. since there are a lot of snails there during the rainy season i have decided to start rearing them full time. However, upon inspecting the site, i noticed that there are termite houses (looked abandoned). I tried digging it out but i did not find anything. Can the experts in the house suggest how i can get rid of them or how to avoid them totally. thank you.

Dear mods, please help a brother out FarmTech Pavore9

Re: Termites On Snail Farm by majorgr: 2:01am On Jan 31, 2017
You said you did not find anything? Then why are u bothered about what you cant find? They most have migrated to another colony. Also, start the snail rearing first, it is when you actually find anything disturbing them before you can think of a solution. Termites dont like exposing them selves unlike ants therefore your snails should be safe. Only that you advoid using wood close to active termite exits they will eat through untreated wood.
Re: Termites On Snail Farm by Baroba(m): 8:15am On Jan 31, 2017
Afrocatalyst have a good video on YouTube showing how to deal with termite infestation on a snail farm, you might wanna check it out..
Re: Termites On Snail Farm by souljaboi51(m): 8:48am On Jan 31, 2017
Thanks guys

(1) (Reply)

Please My Noilers Are Dying Help? / Digital Hanging Scale For Selling Pigs For Sale / PALM OIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.