Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony (965 Views)

Kung Fu Wedding Photoshoot Of Kenyan Couple That Got People Talking / I Dumped My Bride On Wedding Day Because She's Been Cheating On Me- Groom Shouts / Nasarawa Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day, 'I'm Too Young To Marry Impotent Man' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony by Godwingist(m): 4:30am On Jan 31, 2017
The Mutura's expressed surprise over the positive reaction their rather frugal wedding has garnered online.

Never in Nigeria! A Kenyan couple heeded the words of our forefathers by cutting their coat according to their clothe.

Wilson, 27, and Ann Mutura, 24, have become viral sensations for their modesty, case in point, their $1 wedding which they attended in what we would refer to as 'house clothes'.

Instead of worrying over an expensive wedding, the pair found a way around their money problem and settled for far less than expected.
BBC reports that Wilson and Ann initially postponed their wedding twice in 2016 over their inability to raise the $300 (£240) fee.

Finally deciding to get married with the lowest budget available, Wilson spent only $1 on two budget wedding rings which still caused a cheer among the witnesses as the pair exchanged their vows.

Thankfully, other expenses such as the license fee, were settled by their church.

The couple has been hailed online for their brave move, with social media users noting just how expensive weddings have become in recent times.

After dating for three years, Wilson and Ann appealed to friends to help them raise some cash for their wedding, all to no avail.
Speaking with BBC, Wilson says that his older brother had advised him to live with Ann without the hassles of a wedding.

However, the fruit seller and his fiancee wanted much more and would not settle for anything less than "a permanent and blessed union".
"As a [Christian] couple, we wanted to marry and live with dignity in order to avoid other temptations," said Ann.

In the same vein, the pair settled for a very, very...... very low-key wedding ceremony which took place in Nairobi, without a wedding cake, flowers or decorations.

Dressed in jeans, T-shirts and trainers, their only assets, two shiny steel circles that served as wedding rings, Wilson and Ann had their dream come true.

Pastor Jasper Ojwach from the Community Christian worship center in Nairobi told the BBC that Wilson left the congregation shocked when he ran out of the church to buy the wedding rings.

Wilson received hearty cheers when he pulled out the rings from his pocket after the exchange of vows.

The couple has also expressed their surprise over the positive reaction their rather frugal wedding has garnered online.

"I believe money should not stop young people like us from getting married. If people love each other and want to marry they should," Ann said.

The Mutura's were celebrated so much so that they have received gifts from companies and individuals who were moved by their story.

The pair is reportedly leaving on their honeymoon very soon after a travel agency gifted them with a five-day break.

http://www.godwingist.com/2017/01/unbelievable-kenyan-couple-spend-n500.html

Re: Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 31, 2017
Recession of buhari is affecting africa

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 31, 2017
Chaiii cry and I will complaining of being poor
Re: Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony by Smellymouth: 6:10am On Jan 31, 2017
In naija, Kolewerk...

Recently, I asked my Igbo babe for introduction list.. Just introduction list oo..

FOR FATHER..PAGE 1

=Opening of table,2 bottles of 501 brandy +#5,000
=Dew Money =#5,000.
=4 Cartons of beer.
=4 cartons of stout.
=4 cartons of maltina.
==4 cartons of mineral.
=Ajuju nke mbu(whatever it means) 1st to the father, 1 bottle of 501 brandy + #20,000 cash..
=Ajuju nke mbu 2nd, 1 bottle of 501 brandy + #20,000 cash..

The list is endless... cheesy cheesy

Mind you, it's just for the father ooo...
Mama list never dey.. Just for introduction..
How wedding list wan be?
Naso I read list like who dey check merrybet slip..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 31, 2017
Smellymouth:
In naija, Kolewerk...

Recently, I asked my Igbo babe for introduction list.. Just introduction list oo..

FOR FATHER..PAGE 1

=Opening of table,2 bottles of 501 brandy +#5,000
=Dew Money =#5,000.
=4 Cartons of beer.
=4 cartons of stout.
=4 cartons of maltina.
==4 cartons of mineral.
=Ajuju nke mbu(whatever it means) 1st to the father, 1 bottle of 501 brandy + #20,000 cash..
=Ajuju nke mbu 2nd, 1 bottle of 501 brandy + #20,000 cash..

The list is endless... cheesy cheesy

Mind you, it's just for the father ooo...
Mama list never dey.. Just for introduction..
How wedding list wan be?
Naso I read list like who dey check merrybet slip..

Don't marry her. Her father has an alcohol problem. I think the mother might be the same lipsrsealed
Re: Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony by Smellymouth: 6:27am On Jan 31, 2017
Pinkdiamondz:

Don't marry her. Her father has an alcohol problem. I think the mother might be the same lipsrsealed

Hahaha.

It's their tradition ..
Re: Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Smellymouth:

Hahaha.

It's their tradition ..

Say you're Muslim and it's not allowed grin
Re: Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony by Smellymouth: 6:30am On Jan 31, 2017
Pinkdiamondz:

Say you're Muslim and it's not allowed grin

Of course I am a muslim but I just have to respect their tradition... grin cheesy
Re: Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 31, 2017
Smellymouth:

Of course I am a muslim but I just have to respect their tradition... grin cheesy

No you don't! Being a Muslim is your get out of jail card angry
Re: Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony by kheengjay(m): 7:04am On Jan 31, 2017
#500 WOOOOOOW! REALLY

SERIOUSLY?

AHAN I FOR DONT MARRY LIKE 500 START MY OWN COUNTRY NA LOL

#NOTE TO SELF. ...WAIT HOLLUP THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY WORK .......FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF MJ SOUNDS NICE

OYA LADIES START LINING UP grin

(1) (Reply)

Best Long Lasting S.ee.x. This Guy Lasted Forever. Wat Ch Vid Here / Adult Men Only / A Must Read - When It Is Made Of Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.