Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" (28594 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team / Photos Of Super Eagles Training Ahead Of Today's Match With Guinea / Ahmed Musa Steps Down As Assistant Captain Of Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by dfrost: 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nairadays:

You doubt if i watch football, kai see judgement abeg.

Ikpeba made it 2-2, while kanu's killer left foot finished it 3-2 in our favour.

Bros, the Brazilians were actually leading us 3-1. He's right, albeit he's judgement about you wasn't appropriate. Person dey forget somethings abeg. #MakePeaceNotWar wink
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Jaymaxxy(m): 1:12pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nairadays:

Ikpeba made it 2-2, while kanu's killer left foot finished it 3-2 in our favour.
Nigeria vs Brazil match in Atlanta ended 4-3 in favour of Nigeria. One own goal, one from ikpeba and a brace from Kanu. Kanu's last goal was scored in the extra time. Then, the golden goal rule favoured us.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by ONPOINT555(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
LEGENDS
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Tokziby: 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nairadays:

Nah wah ooo, pot calling the kettle black, i doubt if u too watch football tongue. final score 4-3 after the golden goal by Kanu's left foot. The third goal was by his right foot that was passed to him by Teslim Fatusi in the 6 yard box while backing Dida in goal. He had to raise the ball to make a quick volley on his turning before Dida could reach him. And he celebrate in a funny manner with one hand on his head and the other on his back while running.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Nairadays: 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
Tokziby:

Nah wah ooo, pot calling the kettle black, i doubt if u too watch football tongue. final score 4-3 after the golden goal by Kanu's left foot. The third goal was by his right foot that was passed to him by Teslim Fatusi in the 6 yard box while backing Dida in goal. He had to raise the ball to make a quick volley on his turning before Dida could reach him. And he celebrate in a funny manner with one hand on his head and the other on his back while running.

Welldone teacher, trace our discussion, i never called kettle black. Yes i agree i don't watch football. Thanks to all those that corrected me, but what i wanted to point out was the Ikpeba's goal, a wonderful right footed low ball to the far right down corner.

Peace.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2017
Igbos are strong o. Where merit is left to decide, they always seem to prevail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2017
YAKUBU AIGBENI during 2010 world cup against Greece he was the one that mi

Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by motherfucker: 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
sirOrubebe:
#Nostalgia

Gone are those days when it was a thing of pride to see "our Eagles" streaming onto the pitch for a football match.

• The streets were usually empty for 90 minutes

#NostalgicRant

#OkBye
OH BRO... THE EMBOLDENED... has never been experienced since 2000s.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nairadays:

Olodo! You don't know anything. You lack knowledge!

Look, before this match, nobody gave Nigeria a chance. We were down 1-3. Then Ikepa scored with a powerful right foot to make it 2-3. Kanu then equalized and it was 3-3.

In the first extra time, Kanu scored with a powerful left foot and the stadium went agog, even those who supported Brazil had to shift their attention to Nigeria because of beautiful football we played. It was so classy.

As a kid, I was cheering the team on TV and refused to talk to anyone, not even my dad because they all lost hope while my uncle particularly, never believed we will come back in that match talkless of winning it.

Even today, he still talks about the match and my never-say-die attitude. cheesy
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by jnrbayano(m): 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nairadays:
Beautiful. It seems what has changed is the plating generation were in now. No doubt the Odegbami's years are golden.

Ikpeba, hmm i can't forget that goal in Atlanta 96 making it 2-2 with Brazil.

Making it 3-2

Brazil was still in the lead
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Nairadays: 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2017
DeeTus:
Olodo!

Before this match, nobody gave Nigeria a chance. We were down 1-3. Then Ikepa scored with a powerful right foot to make it 2-3. Kanu then equalized and it was 3-3.

Then in the first extra time, Kanu scored with a powerful left foot and the stadium went agog, even those who supported Brazil had to shift their attention to Nigeria because of beautiful football we played. It was so classy.

As a kid, I was cheering the team on TV and refused to talk to anyone, not even my dad because they all lost hope while my uncle particularly, never believed we will come back in that match talkless of winning it.

Even today, he still talks about the match and my never-say-die attitude. cheesy

Congratulations on your never-say-die attitude and thanks for your corrections.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Nairadays: 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2017
jnrbayano:

Making it 3-2

Brazil was still in the lead

3-2 you're right, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by browniex: 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2017
firstclassmumu:
lies every where
are you a clown?
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by firstclassmumu: 2:00pm On Jan 31, 2017
browniex:
are you a clown?
no
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by browniex: 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nairadays:

Ikpeba made it 2-3, while kanu's killer left foot finished it 4-3 in our favour.
kanu made it 3:3 as well
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Raymysterio(m): 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
sirOrubebe:
#Nostalgia

Gone are those days when it was a thing of pride to see "our Eagles" streaming onto the pitch for a football match.

• The streets were usually empty for 90 minutes

• If the game clashed with school hours (lesson time) teachers dismissed us early.

• Even mummies knew that it wasn't a time for their "go and watch plate" anthem. They respected your time at that point because even daddy go hush them if them dare try to send you message At THAT time.

• Those were the days when neighbours gathered to watch and celebrate or mourn together (depending on the outcome of the game)

I really, really miss those days.

Now what we have are useless shows like Big Brother Nonsense and useless shows upandan that have no meaning.

I really, really miss those days.

#NostalgicRant

#OkBye

We will not take it sir!!!
Nice rant. Took me back...way back...back into time...tanshuu... this kids wont gerrit...
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nairadays:

Congratulations on your never-say-die attitude and thanks for your corrections.
It's okay. That match has been a source of inspiration to me up till now.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Bishop(m): 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2017
INTROVERT:
I watched kanu and Co play so they are Berra.

Yea, your own generation would prefer JJ Okocha, kanu etc, but We watched sooting Muda, uncle Sege the mathematician... that's why They different strokes for different folks... abi
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Bishop(m): 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2017
INTROVERT:
I watched kanu and Co play so they are Berra.

Yea, your own generation would prefer JJ Okocha, kanu etc, but We watched sooting Muda, uncle Sege the mathematician... that's why They say different strokes for different folks... abi
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2017
Bishop:

Yea, your own generation would prefer JJ Okocha, kanu etc, but We watched sooting Muda, uncle Sege the mathematician... that's why They say different strokes for different folks... abi
I keep telling folks. The day we would win the World Cup. We will hurt countries like Germany, Portugal, Argentina and so on to win it. They said it's not true.

it will definitely come through.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2017
dfrost:

cheesy Just tell him what happened na, no need to attack him or yab him. Haba. You are right though, Ikpeba's goal made it 3-2 in favour of the Brazilian team. Kanu's 2 goals made it 4-3 final score in favour of the Nigeria team. I can't forget that day. Feelings of nostalgia cheesy wink embarassed
Yeah man. cheesy cheesy cheesy

The match against Argentina made everyone in my house to see me as a coach. They were all listening to me.

Argentina scored first, I told them that we'll equalize even if they score 5 goals first against us. The Argentine had a complete team with Ortega.

At last, we hurt them. Amunike got the final goal but the referee refused to end the match till he saw we were firing shots to score more lol.

Internationally, Nigerian football is highly respected for we had defeated so many good football playing nations.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by sirOrubebe: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2017
motherfucker:
OH BRO... THE EMBOLDENED... has never been experienced since 2000s.
Exactly
.. Things started to peter out the moment Nigeria lost to Cameroon in that Final in Lagos...
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by sirOrubebe: 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
Raymysterio:

We will not take it sir!!!
Nice rant. Took me back...way back...back into time...tanshuu... this kids wont gerrit...
Lol. You are welcome sir.

Everyone who remembers, miss those days.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2017
sirOrubebe:
Exactly
.. Things started to peter out the moment Nigeria lost to Cameroon in that Final in Lagos...
It happened because we simply did not build on our success.

If we go on and qualify for Russia 2018 and free hand given to this German Coach, we should expect some wonders next year.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by sirOrubebe: 3:00pm On Jan 31, 2017
DeeTus:
It happened because we simply did not build on our success.

If we go on and qualify for Russia 2018 and free hand given to this German Coach, we should expect some wonders next year.
Of a truth, the man looks like he knows what he is about.

But I fear that the corrupt NFF will drive him out before he's had the time to work his wonders.
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
sirOrubebe:
Of a truth, the man looks like he knows what he is about.

But I fear that the corrupt NFF will drive him out before he's had the time to work his wonders.
They won't because this is the only remaining team and also, they want to go Russia to steal more money.

Would you undermine someone who wants to give you an opportunity to become richer? Of course not. cheesy
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by bart10: 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
You didn't see Haji Muda play? He was a complete midfielder cool
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by robosky02(m): 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2017
the second generation of the marvelous four won the first Olympic gold medal for Nigeria in Atlanta 1996

Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by robosky02(m): 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2017
the dream team that won the Olympic gold

Nigeria squad
Goalkeepers:
Greg Etafia (Lobi Stars),
Sam Okoye (Rangers),
Eta Ijoh (Mehala FC)

Defenders: Godwin Okpara (Paris Saint Germain),
Celestine Babayaro (Chelsea),
Furo Iyenemi (FC Antwerp),
Gbenga Okunowo (Benfica),
Chikelue Iloenyosi (BT Berlin),
Ogbonna Kanu (Ajax Amsterdam),

Azubike Oliseh (FC Utrecht),
Isaac Okoronkwo (Sherif Raspor)

Midfielders:
Blessing Kaku (FC Genk),
Bosun Ayeni (Lyngby),
Bright Igbinadolor (Sporting Gijon),
Sunday Johnson (Kwara United).

Strikers:
Nwankwo Kanu (Arsenal),
Garba Lawal (Roda Kerkrade),
Pius Ikedia (Ajax),
Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Macabi Haifa),
Victor Agali (Hansa Rostock),
Julius Aghahowa (Esperance FC),
Henry Onwuzuruike (SpVgg Greuther Fuerth).
Re: Throwback Pictures Of The Two Generations Of Super Eagles "Marvelous 4" by robosky02(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2017
the Dream team

Pos. Player

1 GK Emmanuel Babayaro

2 DF Celestine Babayaro

3 DF Taribo West

4 FW Nwankwo Kanu

5 DF Uche Okechukwu*

6 MF Emmanuel Amuneke*

7 MF Tijani Babangida

8 MF Wilson Oruma

9 MF Teslim Fatusi

10 MF Jay-Jay Okocha

11 FW Victor Ikpeba

12 DF Abiodun Obafemi

13 FW Garba Lawal

14 FW Daniel Amokachi

15 MF Sunday Oliseh

16 DF Kingsley Obiekwu

17 DF Mobi Oparaku

18 GK Dosu Joseph

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former Brazilian Footballer's Head Left On His Doorstep / AFCON: Musa, Chukwueze On Target As Eagles Beat Coton Sport In Practice Match / Cute Photos Of Mikel Obi's Twin Daughters Living Lavish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.