Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? (2414 Views)

Seduction Or She's Just Being Too Nice? Advice Needed! / Few Reasons Why Girls Are Being Used And Dumped. / How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by server34(m): 8:32am On Dec 02, 2009
Dear Nairalanders, I thought I could solve this all by myself but here I am desperately seeking for advice.

I reside in Abuja, and there's this girl I met about 4 months ago through facebook who resides in the USA. We got chatting, webcam, e-mails, telephone calls, skpe, etc. like every minute for the next 2 weeks. We got along real great, and we started dating. We were so into each other even though we had not met physically. 2 months ago, she asked to come visit me in Nigeria for two weeks that I was gonna pay the bills. I agreed for the love we shared.

When she arrived, she suddenly turned cold towards me. I remember begging for at least a hug at the Airport. She came to my apartment, and there was no chemistry whatsoever like we shared through the internet. I asked her the reason for this, and she claims she is just getting to know me and needed time to build a relationship. Same relationship that she used to tell me over the phone "I love you, and can't live a day without hearing from u". To cut long stories short, out of the two weeks she stayed in Nigeria, she stayed only about 5 days at my place. She spent the rest of the time visiting friends, ex-boyfriends, family, dating, shopping, distributing gifts (she didn't bring any gift for me), making her hair, and girl stuff. We had sex once, but to me dat was rape, cos there were no emotions shared.

Then she returns to the US and leaves me feeling av been used. I decided to move on. But NO WAY! She starts calling, skype, chatting, facebooking, etc, again. Saying I miss you, and I love you. She is gonna come to Nigeria again soon. Now am confused cos I really really like her cos she's pretty and smart. I loved her! Is she doing all this to use me again? Should I agree for her to come and pay the bills again? She is gonna move finally back to Nigeria in a couple of months. Guys, this could be my dream girlfriend and future wife, but I just need to know if am being used. I can't afford to get hurt again.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 02, 2009
every person that holds your hands, looks deep into your eyes and creates mind blowing fireworks with you does not love you
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by server34(m): 8:41am On Dec 02, 2009
And that means?
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by 190: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2009
for the 1st time the ever reliable 190 has finally become CONFUSED on this subject~
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 02, 2009
You should try to differentiate infatuation from love.

At the end, what really matters is how you really feel about her.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by whitelexi(m): 9:01am On Dec 02, 2009
Dude,

The true test of her feelings is to introduce competition.

you're giving her too much of your time right now, get another babe that can split up your time for her and then watch to see how she reacts to this.

It can only favour u in both directions. . . cos if she truly loves u and u can see it, then u can amend the situation, and if she doesn't love u, her replacement is already in the frame grin grin grin
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 02, 2009
Poster, if you have any sense, ignore whitelexi.

Does it make any sense to hook yourself to any nikki or vicki just to know if bukky loves you?
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by server34(m): 9:08am On Dec 02, 2009
Damn. . . Does that mean I don't have any sense? Cos I was already making sense outta whitelexi. . . Just that its not that easy picking up any nikki or vicki, and start faking feelings for em when my heart (I know) lies with Bukky!
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 02, 2009
server34:

Damn. . . Does that mean I don't have any sense? Cos I was already making sense outta whitelexi. . . Just that its not that easy picking up any nikki or vicki, and start faking feelings for em when my heart (I know) lies with Bukky!
you're afraid of being used. to prove her love, you intend to use another person to get your answer.

Ever heard of "becoming your own nightmare"?
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by whitelexi(m): 9:13am On Dec 02, 2009
@Poster, Gators just doesn't want u out of this mess. . .

Do u wanna continue spending for her to come home and rape u? grin grin grin and then she's off to visit ex's - perhaps to rape them too? grin grin

Dude, help yourself, i never said get any nikky, i said introduce competition! Get a girl on the side, someone u r attracted to as well!

Besides, Gators is a woman. . . Will u take advice from a woman on this issue Or will u take from a man who is seasoned in the art of relationships
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 02, 2009
The fact that he has to use another method to find out the truth does not mean that I dnt have his best interest at heart.

If I had wanted my sex publicized, I'd have had a (f) in front of my username.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by jidobaba(m): 9:21am On Dec 02, 2009
^^ this flgator has been making increasingly senseless posts lately. wtf  angry
@poster, your gut feeling tells you that the girl used you because THE GIRL USED YOU. You fell for her kindergarten plot because you do not have a girl of your own at the moment. Happens . If you wish to continue wasting time with her on facebook, skype I cant stop you but next time she wan come over tell her to pay her own way.
P.s.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 02, 2009
jidobaba:

^^ this flgator has been making increasingly senseless posts lately. wtf  angry
am I suppose to get furious just because you decided to add to the number of senseless posters?
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by whitelexi(m): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2009
jidobaba:

^^ this flgator has been making increasingly senseless posts lately. wtf angry
@poster, your gut feeling tells you that the girl used you because THE GIRL USED YOU. You fell for her kindergarten plot because you do not have a girl of your own at the moment. Happens . If you wish to continue wasting time with her on facebook, skype I cant stop you but next time she wan come over tell her to pay her own way.
P.s.

LMAO grin grin grin
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by kech(f): 9:35am On Dec 02, 2009
Okay, let me tell you what I think from a girl's prspective. This is my own view oooo. Others may disagree. I don't think the girl is really into you. People say all kinds of things online. I have grin . The true test of her feelings was when she came back to naija and she FAILED it woefully. She WILL do it again when she comes a second time, after you have paid for the air fare AGAIN!! She is relocating back to naija soon. She is going to come back, get a "feel" of the people and environment again, try and see if she can re-kindle old flames or not, before settling down with someone of her choice.
Truth is, you guys don't know each other. Forget facebook love. I suggest you hold back and see if she pursues it. If you want to keep telling her you love her after she says the same, feel free, but if she wants to come to naija to "see you", let her pay for her fare (very important oooo, don't say I didn't warn you! ) Just blow one lie about money. If she really wants you she'll find her way back,  If she can't, tell her you'll see her when she relocates. Better toughen up now ooo. Unless dem go just do you "the more you look, the less you see." And no look uche face abeg. No be fine face we go chop.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by No2Atheism(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2009
FL Gators:

You should try to differentiate infatuation from love.

At the end, what really matters is how you really feel about her.

Gators is growing before my very eyes . . . yipee . . . .  grin grin grin

Nice response . . . i am impressed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@poster

Be real with yourself . . . in most cases . . .online relationships are either hormonal or sexual or infactuation.

You cannot love the person until you actually know the person . . . anyone that says otherwise is lying to you.

Becuase someone is attractive does not mean you love the person . . . infact it might just mean that you are attracted to the image you see but not the person represented by the image.

Do yourself a favour and cut yourself off from her . . . . HER PRESENCE IN NIGERIA HAS ALREADY GIVEN YOU A TASTE OF WHAT YOU CAN HAVE WEN YOU ACTUALLY GET TO LIVE WITH HER.

The initial stages of a relationship are usually when most people are in their best behaviour (i know cus i not a novice as far as relationships are concerned), hence once you start having doubts and difficulty with trust early on in the relationship . . . the reality is that something is fundamentally wrong . . .

Trust is everything . . . hence that she has already caused you mistrust her is enough ammunition for you to realise that there is fire on the mountain . , hence the reason for you to move on with your life . . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@poster

I have my own standards of beauty (i.e. the kind of people am attracted to etc) . . . nevertheless what i have found out from experience is that:

- A lady might meet and even exceeed your standard of beauty and yet for some unknown reason . . . you would prefer not to choose her as a partner. Infact you might find out that what you feel towards her does not go beyond asthestics and sex.

- A lady might just be okay as far as your own standards are concerned and yet for some unknown reason, you find yourself falling more and more in love with her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@poster

HERE IS MY ADVICE TO YOU:

. . . CUT HER OFF . . .

SHE HAD HER CHANCE AND SHE BLEW IT.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by manuel(m): 9:53am On Dec 02, 2009
Kech and whitelexi are on point, Sorry gators, u're wrong on this one.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by martin1(m): 10:03am On Dec 02, 2009
why u allow d girl play u wayo ?hook up with chicks arround u.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by Chookym(m): 10:04am On Dec 02, 2009
@poster, u better take Kech advice.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by server34(m): 10:07am On Dec 02, 2009
Thanks Y'all for ur input. @ kech, u be winsh? u just got the whole scenario right. I think its time to confess, there's more to the story.

I decided to take another chance and let her visit again for 1 week. But this time, she paid her fares, cos she could already sense that I was suspecting games. She came and the same thing happened - cold attitude, forced sex, used me as her driver to go shopping and do stuff, but visited male friends on her own. There's this particular guy I suspect that even comes to visit her, and they sit in his car outside my gate for hours. I made up my mind THAT WAS IT! She went back to the US and I couldn't get my mind off her. The way she talks, the way she smiles, even the way she makes me hate her for toying with my emotions, all this makes me love her even more! I see her face everytime I close my eyes. Av met several girls after her, and I cant help mentioning her when am with other girls. I go to bars to get drunk, pick up girls from the club and sleep with em. I never used to do these things, now I do all of em in an attempt to get her off my mind. BUT NO. . .  SHE'S LIKE A MELODY IN MY HEAD THATS STUCK ON REPLAY.

Ok now, she's finally moved back to Nigeria and resides in Lagos, I'm in Abuja. And she keeps calling and sending me sms that she wants me now more than ever. Av refused to answer her calls or reply her messages. Pleasee. . . . Am I on the right track to get her off my mind? Or am I just  running away from my "TRUE LOVE"? cos av neva felt this way abt any girl in my life b4.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by whitelexi(m): 10:12am On Dec 02, 2009
LOL grin grin grin

Free accommodation and feeding, plus an air-conditioned car with a driver grin grin grin

What else do we really need when we return to naija??

Dude, i'll be coming home for xmas, will u be available to drive me around town too tongue
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by Dark1(m): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2009
shocked shocked shocked grin

Forced sex or not, I think u're already womanliness whipped! cheesy

Thank ur stars we're drawing close to the end of the year. Just let the babe follow 2009 go oooooh! If u continue like this for next year. you most probably won't have a roof over ur head for u'll be so distraught u'll lose everything!

Now be a man and snap out of this ur comatose-one sided love affair! angry angry
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by No2Atheism(m): 10:16am On Dec 02, 2009
The way she talks, the way she smiles, even the way she makes me hate her for toying with my emotions, all this makes me love her even more! I see her face everytime I close my eyes. Av met several girls after her, and I cant help mentioning her when am with other girls. I go to bars to get drunk, pick up girls from the club and sleep with em. I never used to do these things, now I do all of em in an attempt to get her off my mind. BUT NO. . . SHE'S LIKE A MELODY IN MY HEAD THATS STUCK ON REPLAY.

Whats the meaning of all that nonsense . . . you better get real with yourself
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by whitelexi(m): 10:30am On Dec 02, 2009
I need to get puss.y whipped grin grin grin Damn! This thing that turns grown men into children, i need it. . . FAST!!! grin grin grin
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by kech(f): 10:33am On Dec 02, 2009
server34:

Thanks Y'all for your input. @ kech, u be winsh? u just got the whole scenario right. I think its time to confess, there's more to the story.

I decided to take another chance and let her visit again for 1 week. But this time, she paid her fares, cos she could already sense that I was suspecting games. She came and the same thing happened - cold attitude, forced sex, used me as her driver to go shopping and do stuff, but visited male friends on her own. There's this particular guy I suspect that even comes to visit her, and they sit in his car outside my gate for hours. I made up my mind THAT WAS IT! She went back to the US and I couldn't get my mind off her. The way she talks, the way she smiles, even the way she makes me hate her for toying with my emotions, all this makes me love her even more! I see her face everytime I close my eyes. Av met several girls after her, and I cant help mentioning her when am with other girls. I go to bars to get drunk, pick up girls from the club and sleep with em. I never used to do these things, now I do all of em in an attempt to get her off my mind. BUT NO. . .  SHE'S LIKE A MELODY IN MY HEAD THATS STUCK ON REPLAY.

Ok now, she's finally moved back to Nigeria and resides in Lagos, I'm in Abuja. And she keeps calling and sending me sms that she wants me now more than ever. Av refused to answer her calls or reply her messages. Pleasee. . . . Am I on the right track to get her off my mind? Or am I just  running away from my "TRUE LOVE"? cos av neva felt this way abt any girl in my life b4.

I talk am oooo  angry angry Look, move on. I'm serious. She's still keeping in touch cos she needs to make sure your end is solid. Her mind is really somewhere else, most likely with "that guy". The fact of the matter is, at this point, "that guy" is not forth coming so you are her INSURANCE, someone to fall back on in case all else fails. A lot of ladies do this. Please run!! This is not true love. Don't deceive yourself. And Pray please, cos you are beginning to sound coco  tongue
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by Dark1(m): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2009
kech:

I talk am oooo angry angry Look, move on. I'm serious. She's still keeping in touch cos she needs to make sure your end is solid. Her mind is really somewhere else, most likely with "that guy". The fact of the matter is, at this point, "that guy" is not forth coming so you are her INSURANCE, someone to fall back on in case all else fails. A lot of ladies do this. Please run!! This is not true love. Don't deceive yourself. And Pray please, cos you are beginning to sound coco tongue

Miss kech, I dey feel ur advice, infact I dey feel ur personality and I don't mind to be ur driver and ur insurance! cheesy Any chance of meeting up with u? embarassed cool
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by No2Atheism(m): 10:41am On Dec 02, 2009
kech:

I talk am oooo  angry angry Look, move on. I'm serious. She's still keeping in touch cos she needs to make sure your end is solid. Her mind is really somewhere else, most likely with "that guy". The fact of the matter is, at this point, "that guy" is not forth coming so you are her INSURANCE, someone to fall back on in case all else fails. A lot of ladies do this. Please run!! This is not true love. Don't deceive yourself. And Pray please, cos you are beginning to sound coco  tongue

But that is technically cheating . . . . . .
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by server34(m): 10:44am On Dec 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

Seriously!
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by kech(f): 10:51am On Dec 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

It is cheating. I don't support it, but that's what happens, and this situation reeks of it.
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by kech(f): 10:54am On Dec 02, 2009
Dark1:

Miss kech, I dey feel your advice, infact I dey feel your personality and I don't mind to be your driver and your insurance! cheesy Any chance of meeting up with u? embarassed cool
LOL! You no well. Are you looking for someone to chop your money? grin
Re: My Love, My Fears. . . . Is this 4 real, or I'm just being Used? by No2Atheism(m): 10:54am On Dec 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

kech:

It is cheating. I don't support it, but that's what happens, and this situation reeks of it.
server34:

Seriously!

To be frank and truthful . . .I myself I am also guilty of the same . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snog, Marry And Avoid. / If You Were To Wish. / Can A Nigerian Man Go This Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.