Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,473 members, 7,781,380 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:29 PM

How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week (24123 Views)

I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours / How I Got Three Teaching Jobs Within Three Months After My NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by ollamy22: 4:17pm On Jan 31, 2017
I give thanks to Allah for giving me the strength and courage to believe in my self, to make employers perceive me as the right candidate right from CV screening to the point of interview. Nothing feels good to be a self made devoid of any underhand influence other than your ability and God's blessings.

This is a brief story about me. Immediately i finished NYSC, i was so determined never to sit at home doing nothing. I looked around my environment to secure a job with a cement trading company that paid me a salary of 10k. Soon, I joined Corona Schools Trust Council as a Graduate Teacher Trainee with the hope of being absorbed into their main teaching staff later on because i enjoyed teaching during NYSC.

Unfortunately, Corona Schools changed the goal post in the middle of the game. we were told that the programme is a corporate social responsibility and we wont be absorbed because there was no vacancy. mind u, we were paid 35k + feeding monthly. four months wasted for young, bright and brilliant graduates. After some weeks, i secured another job with an Audit Firm to learn practical accounting. Anybody who has worked with a small audit firm knows what it takes to be a man. Truly, i loved the job but left in frustration after 13 months on a salary scale of between 20-28k per month from Idimu - Maryland, Lagos. If no one praises me, i praise myself. The merry go round continues, got another job with a company that pays 50k. i enjoyed a little relief after NYSC. Spent 3 months and got offer with a capital market operator, my brother, the job no be beans, wake up 4am and return home around 10pm everyday coupled with transportation gulping more than 30% of my net pay.
That really fueled my desire to move again. i started applying voraciously to many job vacancies, related and unrelated skill sets. And finally, the 3 offers landed with a keen decision to be made.

Please be mindful that as a young person, i never set out to be jumping around jobs because of money. but when you find yourself in a let down situation, fight it. set standard for yourself and go for it. every employer wants the best and to continue to make more profit which is normal. however, no employer will pity u when it decides to sack you because you u are deemed to work below expectation.

Also note that for every place where i worked, my integrity and appetite for success always remain intact. it hurts me when i resign my appointments and observe that my employers still want me but hey, i can only hustle while i am still young. let us be sincere, how can i cope with 28k per month in Lagos, considering the distance for a guy who is around 30? when will i rent an apartment, when will i marry?

Ingredients for Success:
Set your standard
Believe in your ability
Be persistent
Never get discouraged
Be courageous
Sometimes controversial
Elements of greed
Never be docile
Be a risk taker
you can also add other qualities

thank you. may Allah bless our hustles

146 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by chochopiro(m): 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2017
congrats

1 Like

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by ollamy22: 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
Thank you sir
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by davide470(m): 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nice One, Ollamy22.. Nice One.

You are a born strategic hustler! This is just the beginning.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by obajoey(m): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
So many are going through this.
I love the bolded.
Sometimes its just feel like I am not always satisfied with a particular job, but not that, considering the age factor and what one is getting, mehn one has no choice than to look out.
And thank you for reminding me of the bolded.

Congrats bro.
set standard for yourself and go for it. every employer wants the best and to continue to make more profit which is normal. however, no employer will pity u when it decides to sack you because you u are deemed to work below expectation.

6 Likes

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by lollmaolol(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
ollamy22:

Ingredients for Success:
Set your standard
Believe in your ability
Be persistent
Never get discouraged
Be courageous
Sometimes controversial
Elements of greed
Never be docile
Be a risk taker
you can also add other qualities

thank you. may God bless our hustles

Congratulations bro!!

Do you want to share those three companies with us?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by kilokeys(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2017
lol

we hope they pay better than 28k..

3 jobs different from 3 work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2017
You try

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by babyfaceafrica: 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ok
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Don27tiky(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2017
Congratulations bro. I wish for that job now more than anybody. Expecting my first child

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Exponental(m): 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
Congrats.... u no go wash am
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by tirigbosa: 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
congrats op, infact , I need tutorial from you...I'm about finishing my service and the kind fear wey dey my heart , no b play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by exclusive1367(m): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
wow..... more for you oooo
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by jeeqaa7(m): 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2017
I got one in three years
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by initialize(m): 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2017
You just come here to praise ursef, tell us ur age, show say u dey find wife and say u Sabi write English very well...

The 3 jobs u no talk, salary wey dem give u, you silent,....

Na u Sabi o! undecided

14 Likes

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Mattex001(m): 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nice.... One can draw one or two lesson from your endeavours.

"You can only hustle when you're still young"

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2017
congratz!
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2017
Thank God not allahh

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by CXLVII: 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2017
Congratulations!

You just started I can assure u.....

OJSC Lukoil is still a bus-stop ahead of you
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
An inspiring piece for graduates
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by jeff1607(m): 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
nice
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
Never give up!
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by kings09(m): 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2017
Oya choose one n move on wit ur life
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by lonelydora: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Congratulations

Make sure you tell us when there's opening in your company.
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
OP, Congratulations, I key into this wink
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Bsmartt(m): 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2017
Alhamdulilah. Unfortunately, that is what majority of our graduates are facing trading hope they will be liberated soon. I the OP all the best. Aamin
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by yomalex(m): 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by fizzy4luv(m): 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
[b][/b] true talk
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by ollamy22: 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2017
Thank you all. i appreciate your responses. The three jobs pay above 100k. 2 in lagos and 1 outside lagos. I honestly applied for the jobs on nairaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Abrupt: 6:06pm On Jan 31, 2017
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by wasiuk2(m): 6:06pm On Jan 31, 2017
Congrats Congrats Congrats

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna Government Recruiting 25,000 Teachers For Primary School / Wow!!! Got A Mouthwatering Job Via Nairaland / I Just Received NNPC 2019 Recruitment Invitation (who Else Is Shortlisted)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.