Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device (10451 Views)

FRSC Set To Impound The Following Vechicles / How Much Is The Frsc Speed Limiting Device? / Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by mployer(m): 7:25am On Feb 02, 2017
They just want to make money. Thieves.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by SpermDonor: 7:28am On Feb 02, 2017
nedu2000:
Pls this isnt the time for this,so many bills to pay not including the recession, N60,000+ is big money

What has speed limit got to do with recession ?? If you cannot pay the fine then watch your speed limit.

It's a matter of choice for y'all
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by agarawu23(m): 7:29am On Feb 02, 2017
I hate this ppl die
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by donfemo(m): 7:30am On Feb 02, 2017
Our Bad roads alone is a speed limit, i don't understand what FRSC is doing

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by armadeo(m): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2017
SpermDonor:

What has speed limit got to do with recession ?? If you cannot pay the fine then watch your speed limit.

Lol. Though it's only for commercial vehicles 'for now' a speed limiting device is a contraption that you would have to buy and install in your vehicle to control your speed. Hence the person you quoted as worried about cost.

Frsc ( or someone close to someone) would sell it to us and if you don't have one you are arrested.

now can you See the scam.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by gbegemaster(m): 7:40am On Feb 02, 2017
SpermDonor:

That's not what he meant. The cost of a single SLD could be as high as 48k.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/drivers-in-gombe-decry-high-price-of-speed-limit-device/183461.html

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by AngryNigerian(m): 7:44am On Feb 02, 2017
caesaraba:

Exactly. The roads became neater and JUTH and Jankwanu became less populated. Plus, the cost of alternative transportation even reduced. I miss Jos abeg.

I miss Jos too ooo....#NunkuCloseYakubuGowonWayRepresenting

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by AngryNigerian(m): 7:45am On Feb 02, 2017
donfemo:

Your name suppose be clown grin grin grin grin
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by islandmoon: 7:50am On Feb 02, 2017
government just want to suck us dry, check out the prices of everything in the market, i hate buyari
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by waltinnovers: 8:04am On Feb 02, 2017
Why is it that all the sectors in Nigeria are criminals, thieves? I thought when the senate debated about this speed limit device, they cancelled it because it will add to the suffering of Nigerians. Why have they decided to implement it now.
This device is what other countries have abandoned and we want to make it a business now. Why must every out dated product be useful in Nigeria. Is it only speed that kills? What is the effort of the FRSC tomake sure that FG put our roads in other? FRSC is one of the corrupt organization, they are now more corrupt than police.
Finally,why must they have particular company that will handle it? Don't be surprised that the so chosen company will belong to their commander. As far as I am concern, they are silent thieves and I can not fall for these nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by youngibeh(m): 8:19am On Feb 02, 2017
galadima77:
I just hate these guys... They always have something to sell...from stickers to changing number plates and now this dumb thing...

ZOMBIE WHO TOLD YOU FRSC SELLS STICKER undecided undecided undecided
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by Kobicove(m): 8:20am On Feb 02, 2017
Another scam by the FRSC...

I wonder who got the contract this time?
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by Aadeyinka(m): 8:38am On Feb 02, 2017
galadima77:
I just hate these guys... They always have something to sell...from stickers to changing number plates and now this dumb thing...
they should fix the bad roads first, they just want to milk Nija people dry in the name of safety

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by murmee: 8:40am On Feb 02, 2017
caesaraba:

Exactly. The roads became neater and JUTH and Jankwanu became less populated. Plus, the cost of alternative transportation even reduced. I miss Jos abeg.
That is what Lagos state should do but they are afraid of losing 2nd Term elections. People's health is not a priority.
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 02, 2017
Please ensure to put on the cars of Fleeing Armed Robbers and Police cars chasing them as well
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by arowstev2000: 8:46am On Feb 02, 2017
We need it especially in Abuja, useless drivers too much
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by murmee: 8:51am On Feb 02, 2017
donfemo:
Precisely! With the traffic congestion in all the major cities in Nigeria and the bad state of most of these roads, is it really possible to overspeed? The only time one can overspeed in the cities will be from 11pm-12am when the roads are clear of traffic.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by magicalx(m): 8:55am On Feb 02, 2017
Call to get yours in Portharcourt 08187362082
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by nedu2000(m): 8:55am On Feb 02, 2017
SpermDonor:

they wont stop you for driving over the speed limit,but u will be stopped for not installing the device,do you live in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by murmee: 9:00am On Feb 02, 2017
AngryNigerian:

Your name suppose be clown grin grin grin grin
You are the real clown. donfemo has made a very valid point. Are you not living in Nigeria?Can you really overspeed on any road in Lagos for example?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2017
This is not the time for its implementation.

The disadvantages are more than the advantages.

For me, the major causes of accidents in Nigeria are Poor vehicle maintenance, Bad roads, human error...

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by ladychioma: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2017
This is another means to extort money from commercial drivers. May God save us in this country called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by ifdaeg(m): 9:19am On Feb 02, 2017
Nigerian roads in itself are speed limiting device. Stupid country placing cart before the horses always. People lose their lives as a result of cars colliding dodging uncountable potholes on our roads. Instead of good roads we're getting this crap. The suffering continues, the expenditure is pushed to transporters who in turn push it to the populace and the accident continue cos the roads are soooo bad.
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by Taiwo20(m): 9:19am On Feb 02, 2017
Of all the paramilitary na these guys they hammer pass on a daily basis. #200 from commercial buses per trip and #1000 from tipper drivers
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by Sanuzi(m): 9:21am On Feb 02, 2017
lets talk we sell and also install @ a pocket friendly cost.

We are certified!!

Wherever you are your Job can be delivered!!!!!!

Distance is not a Barrier!!!!!!!

Godwingist:
FRSC's spokesman told newsmen in Abuja that commands of the agency had been fully mobilised for the exercise.

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says it is set to begin full enforcement olets talk we sell and also install @ a pocket friendly cost.

We are certified!!

Wherever you are your Job can be delivered!!!!!!

Distance is not a Barrier!!!!!!!

f the installation of speed limiting device in commercial vehicles nationwide on Wednesday.

Spokesman of the corps, Mr Bisi Kazeem, told newsmen on Tuesday in Abuja that sector and field commands of the agency had been fully mobilised for the exercise.

Kazeem said that the army, police, civil defence, Department of State Services (DSS) and other security agencies were on standby to provide security support.

Adding that the “Enforcement of the speed limiting device commences tomorrow (Wednesday) and there is no going back.
“In readiness, the field commands have been fully mobilised to commence full blast enforcement nationwide.

“To facilitate enforcement, a portal of speed limiting device (SLD) was created and is operational and a short code to confirm the installation of SLD is active.

“A Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) has been dispatched with a directive that copies of those SOP’s be shared to security agencies within the commands’ areas of jurisdiction.

“A template for daily report has also be designed and forwarded to commands. Booking sheets with Failure to Install Speed Limiting Device (FSLD) have been distributed to field commands.

“To ensure seriousness of purpose, sector commanders have been advised to start with joint patrols with unit commands to have more personnel and create impact for the whole of February.

“Also, commands are to hold mobile court sittings at the onset and where mobile courts are likely to slow down enforcement, such commands should go ahead without them.

“We have created a situation room to monitor and collate report on daily basis and test-run for the clampdown.
“What we are trying to do is to register that it has started. It is not necessarily impounding all vehicles in Nigeria in one swoop thereby making life difficult for road users, no.

“It is a gradual thing that we are starting all over Nigeria and that is to say it is no longer advisory.
“You either pay fines or be taken to (a) mobile court to be charged or, in extreme situation, you are asked to come and install before your vehicle is released to you after impoundment.’’

Kazeem said defaulters would either pay a fine of N3,000 or have their vehicles impounded.
He explained that the decision to begin with commercial vehicles was informed by the high rate of their involvement in road accidents across the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that enforcement of the SLD installation has been postponed three time since Sept. 1, 2015 following appeal by stakeholders.

Kazeem said that the need to begin with commercial vehicles could not be over-emphasised owing to the high rate of their involvement in road accidents.

Citing FRSC statistics, he said commercial vehicles accounted for over 50 per cent of the total number of vehicles involved in road crashes in the country.

He explained that vendors of the device had been selected through a screening process by an inter-agency technical committee.

Membership of the committee, according to him, comprises the FRSC, Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) and the National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC).

http://www.godwingist.com/2017/02/frsc-agency-set-for-nationwide.html

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by bigl: 9:22am On Feb 02, 2017
We are all shouting "it will reduce road accidents, this and that" without thinking about a scenario whereby armed robbers are chasing a commercial vehicle at 120km/hr?

What happens when you can't accelerate more than 100km/hr?

Even driving at 60km/hr is speed so, whatts the point?

The only thing that should be done is to give speed guns to frsc to check over speeding vehicles rather than this rubbish vehicle speed limiters!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by ojibole(m): 9:51am On Feb 02, 2017
hmm so no more flying on lekki express
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by AngryNigerian(m): 9:57am On Feb 02, 2017
murmee:
You are the real clown. donfemo has made a very valid point. Are you not living in Nigeria?Can you really overspeed on any road in Lagos for example?

See this one oo...to call person clown na insult? Hiei! Use your dictionary well abeg...I go die, Gordons dem na clown dem be. Nawa ooo...
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by AngryNigerian(m): 10:02am On Feb 02, 2017
bigl:
We are all shouting "it will reduce road accidents, this and that" without thinking about a scenario whereby armed robbers are chasing a commercial vehicle at 120km/hr?

What happens when you can't accelerate more than 100km/hr?

Even driving at 60km/hr is speed so, whatts the point?

The only thing that should be done is to give speed guns to frsc to check over speeding vehicles rather than this rubbish vehicle speed limiters!

Very wonderful point...I was about saying so myself before I come see your comment grin

1 Like

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by armadeo(m): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2017
ladychioma:
This is another means to extort money from commercial drivers. May God save us in this country called Nigeria.

We better prevent them from forcing commercial drivers to buy it cos once they cross the hurdle of the Danfo driver who is a fearless wonder then the ordinary guy is a walk over.

That's the plan.

4 Likes

Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by ccasilas(m): 10:15am On Feb 02, 2017
Federal Govt with Good plans but lacking right approach towards it.
Re: FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device by mascutech(m): 11:07am On Feb 02, 2017
Clueless government. The masses are dying of hunger but the Government is busy patronizing foreign companies. Let's so some analysis here. If the SLD costs #2000 per one, assuming peace mass transit with about 10,000 vehicles is to purchase the device, it will spend roughly 20,000,000 for the project. This amount will go directly or indirectly to a foreign account where as our youths remain jobless our roads remain in deplorable state. For me, 90% of road accidents is caused by deplorable state of road in Nigeria. This is another avenue for security agencies to exploit the poor masses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honda Crv 2008/2009 Vs Toyota Highlander 2006/2007 Vs Camry Xle 2008/2009 / Where To Get A Good AC Repair Person In Lagos / Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.