Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite) (16182 Views)

Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / Memoir Of A Lagos Mainland Angel / Memoir Of A Sex Slave [struggle For Survival] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite) by Switup: 5:55am On Mar 20, 2017
Nnnena:
this is good keep it up dear
pls cud u do me a mention in that story ure writing which someone said u plagiarized? I think i missed it
Re: Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite) by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
Switup:
In one of those days, while flipping through some old exercise books of mine, i came across this
This is a short story
Not found in any history
Very plain
But mixed with pain.
About a certain bloke
And a shy brunette
That met alomg a block... To be continued!!!

This was something i had done many years back when i was in Ss1 as the book were i found this was in my SS1 Literature Notebook. I remember not been able to continue it because i had nothing in mind back then. But presently, as i looked at this write up, i was certain i felt tinglings in my innards and so i went over, picked up my poetry-assigned exercise book and as wondered, the words simply danced before my eyes bringing about this
This is a short story
Not found in any history
Very plain.
But mixed with pain
About a certain bloke
And a shy brunette
Who met along a block.
Love they found as they connect
Buh knew not what would come next.
For in between fear and dread and anxiety,
In his loins, she found genuine prosperity.
And on her breast
He would lay his head to rest.
Peace indeed!
Or just a chill before the war
For indeed there loomed war.
Not by them
But on them.
From force forced upon them;
Like the land, the mother and the tribe.
So much so their love could not stive.
For the land hated the son
'Cus the mother knew the law...
That their love was not bound by tribe.
A war indeed!
And so this story ends
Just where love was 'bout to begin.
'Cus forces external and beyond.
But for a certainty they knew
That of all uncertainties,
Love exists.
And they once had it in their arms.
This was it and i was amased as the word flowed in just one piece. This newness seemed more like a reconciliation with the buried past and with all this sudden smoothness i had attained i was determined not to back out. Atleast not anymore.

Interesting Poem

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite) by BlissfulJeff(m): 2:42am On Apr 30, 2017
nice memoir,weldone

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite) by Switup: 1:09pm On May 06, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
nice memoir,weldone
thanx for reading.
Re: Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite) by SammieLowkey(m): 5:18pm On May 15, 2017
Yay!.. Now we finally here. An enthralling piece, I must say. Good job Ms! (promise kept grin)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
Switup:
pls cud u do me a mention in that story ure writing which someone said u plagiarized? I think i missed it
I enjoyed reading your diary. I do hope that your writing skills have improved since then and keep doing what you know how to do best and never ever give up cos no one would do it better than you do. And I hope someday that you write a story in hard copy format that I would buy with my money one day and least i forget. A peck on the cheeks for mum for me for being a firm pillar of support to you all through your younger years. I am proud of her.
Re: Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite) by Switup: 11:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
dumo1:

I enjoyed reading your diary. I do hope that your writing skills have improved since then and keep doing what you know how to do best and never ever give up cos no one would do it better than you do. And I hope someday that you write a story in hard copy format that I would buy with my money one day and least i forget. A peck on the cheeks for mum for me for being a firm pillar of support to you all through your younger years. I am proud of her.
oh my good lord... someone's still reading this ....?

thanx im grt..

like im super hrtful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stain From The Past / Off / Irene Duffy Lynch To Translate Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart To Irish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.