Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government (975 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen To Be Accommodated As Indigenes In Kogi / Amosun And The Burden Of Non Indigenes In Ogun State - By Dr Chris Orie / Non-Yoruba Indigenes In South West Regroup Under NYIEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by dejiogundipe(m): 11:00am On Feb 02, 2017
POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: THE UNFAIR TREATMENT OF AWORI INDIGENES IN KOSOFE LOCAL GOVERNMENT

The Aworis are a sub-tribe under the larger Yoruba tribe. The Awori are direct descendants of Olofin, one of the sons of Oduduwa- the father of the Yoruba nation. They migrated from Ile-Ife and settled in two States: Ogun and Lagos State. Thus, they can be found in large numbers in 17 out of the 20 recognized local governments of Lagos State.

Kosofe Local government is one of those 17 local governments that has large number of Awori indigenes. Ordinarily, it is natural to find members of The Awori representing Kosofe at the Federal, State and even in the Local Government level. Unfortunately this is not so.

Awori, a peaceful and loving tribe has been betrayed and marginalized by the henchmen and yesmen of those who has vowed to make sure that no Awori man attain certain heights in Kosofe Local Government and Lagos State in general despite having the qualities and merits. It is so bad that Kosofe Local Government has never produced an Awori Local Government Chairman, a state house of assembly lawmaker; and Federal Lawmaker. In 2002, Lagos State in her bid to create additional local governments split Kosofe Local Government into 3 smaller local council development areas namely: Agboyi-Ketu, Ikosi-Isheri and Kosofe yet till date, none of those LCDAs has ever been headed by an Awori even in an acting capacity. Presently, the 3 local governments are headed by a particular tribe who are non-awori.

Efforts made by prominent Aworis from Kosofe and other Awori Local governments are always undermined by some wicked non-awori overlords who are hell bent on destroying the chances of the Awori in Kosofe. One of such efforts by the Aworis was the protest led by prominent and influencial Awori indigenes like Alhaji Tasiru Yaya Bankole and others to the residence of Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu at Bourdillon, Ikoyi. According to Alhaji Tasiru the Baale of OWODE Onirin, "What is happening here is bad, over the last 20 years we have been shortchanged in Kosofe Local Government, we are the original owner of Lagos, can you imagine that outsiders have now taken over, we want our leader to please resolve this issue because we have done everything possible and all earlier promises have failed" he said.

It is worthy to note that despite the support given by The Aworis in Kosofe to non-idigenes who are aspiring for elective positions in Kosofe, same had not been returned thereby causing betrayal and breach of trust. It makes me wonder if Awori had offended them or it is a coordinated plan to deny The Aworis what is rightly theirs.
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by ayokellany: 11:03am On Feb 02, 2017
dejiogundipe:
POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: THE UNFAIR TREATMENT OF AWORI INDIGENES IN KOSOFE LOCAL GOVERNMENT

The Aworis are a sub-tribe under the larger Yoruba tribe. The Awori are direct descendants of Olofin, one of the sons of Oduduwa- the father of by Yoruba nation. They migrated from Ile-Ife and settled in two States: Ogun and Lagos State. Thus, they can be found in large numbers in 17 out of the 20 recognized local governments of Lagos State.

Kosofe Local government is one of those 17 local governments that has large number of Awori indigenes. Ordinarily, it is natural to find members of The Awori representing Kosofe at the Federal, State and even in the Local Government level. Unfortunately this is not so.

Awori, a peaceful and loving tribe has been betrayed and marginalized by the henchmen and yesmen of those who has vowed to make sure that no Awori man attain certain heights in Kosofe Local Government and Lagos State in general despite having the qualities and merits. It is so bad that Kosofe Local Government has never produced an Awori Local Government Chairman, a state house of assembly lawmaker; and Federal Lawmaker. In 2002, Lagos State in her bid to create additional local governments split Kosofe Local Government into 3 smaller local council development areas namely: Agboyi-Ketu, Ikosi-Isheri and Kosofe yet till date, none of those LCDAs has ever been headed by an Awori even in an acting capacity. Presently, the 3 local governments are headed by a particular tribe who are non-awori.

Efforts made by prominent Aworis from Kosofe and other Awori Local governments are always undermined by some wicked non-awori overlords who are hell bent on destroying the chances of the Awori in Kosofe. One of such efforts by the Aworis was the protest led by prominent and influencial Awori indigenes like Alhaji Tasiru Yaya Bankole and others to the residence of Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu at Bourdillon, Ikoyi. According to Alhaji Tasiru the Baale of OWODE Onirin, "What is happening here is bad, over the last 20 years we have been shortchanged in Kosofe Local Government, we are the original owner of Lagos, can you imagine that outsiders have now taken over, we want our leader to please resolve this issue because we have done everything possible and all earlier promises have failed" he said.

It is worthy to note that despite the support given by The Aworis in Kosofe to non-idigenes who are aspiring for elective positions in Kosofe, same had not been returned thereby causing betrayal and breach of trust. It makes me wonder if Awori had offended them or it is a coordinated plan to deny The Aworis what is rightly theirs.

Nonsense, owner of lagos ko owner of kosofe no.
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by tollyboy5(m): 11:10am On Feb 02, 2017
ayokellany:

what is your problem with the aworis they are the most recognise and first settlers of Lagos state
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by tollyboy5(m): 11:13am On Feb 02, 2017
left for me I belief aworis sold Lagos out to nonindegene and we will try as much as possible to limit non indigene power at epe and I will also urge the badagrians to the same in order to avoid gnatching of teeth in future
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by obamabinladen(m): 11:15am On Feb 02, 2017
tollyboy5:

what is your problem with the aworis they are the most recognise and first settlers of Lagos state

Lagos is no man's land.

1 Like

Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by tollyboy5(m): 11:22am On Feb 02, 2017
obamabinladen:

Lagos is no man's land.
Oh! sorry fulani immigrant , I know you don't Learn Lagos is home for all and don't belong to all yorubas it the land of its native I know you will not understand even though you were educated because your parent as done more harm to you by passing illiteracy in your gene. smh
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by obamabinladen(m): 11:30am On Feb 02, 2017
tollyboy5:

Oh! sorry fulani immigrant , I know you don't Learn Lagos is home for all and don't belong to all yorubas it the land of its native I know you will not understand even though you were educated because your parent as done more harm to you by passing illiteracy in your gene. smh

Lols, I forgive your inability to comprehend.
By the time Oduduwa's excreta is removed from your brain, you will know better.
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by dejiogundipe(m): 11:48am On Feb 02, 2017
ayokellany:

You have nothing better to say?
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by BolaAdeyemo: 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
And our people always make fun of ibos when we havent removed the log of wood in our own eyes
Awori people,take heart

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by omofunaab(m): 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2017
I understand what the aworis are facing.

But here in Ogun state ,the aworis are fully in charge, even the egbados in Ogun West senatorial district are clamoring for the senatorial seat which the aworis have held on to for the past 7 years, despite being the minority in the zone. .Now 2019 is coming, it's the turn of the ogun West to produce the governor, already the aworis are strategising to produce the next governor at the expense of the majority egbados.

N.B: i Don't really see anything bad in what the aworis are doing to other egbados here in Ogun state, I consider it as politics, the aworis in Lagos state should also play their own politics too rather than looking for compensation upandan.

The honorable representing my constituency in the house of assembly isn't from here but he was born here and grew up here

2 Likes

Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by Obdk: 12:49pm On Feb 02, 2017
Yorubas hate each other. The only thing that unite them is hatred, jealousy and envy of great Igbo nation

3 Likes

Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by vanbonattel: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
Is this why they use them for ritual killing in Ogun state? Yorubas hate Aworis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by vanbonattel: 12:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
omofunaab:
I understand what the aworis are facing.

But here in Ogun state ,the aworis are fully in charge, even the egbados in Ogun West senatorial district are clamoring for the senatorial seat which the aworis have held on to for the past 7 years, despite being the minority in the zone. .Now 2019 is coming, it's the turn of the ogun West to produce the governor, already the aworis are strategising to produce the next governor at the expense of the majority egbados.

N.B: i Don't really see anything bad in what the aworis are doing to other egbados here in Ogun state, I consider it as politics, the aworis in Lagos state should also play their own politics too rather than looking for compensation upandan.

The honorable representing my constituency in the house of assembly isn't from here but he was born here and grew up here

Because Lagos is a no man's land.

1 Like

Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by vanbonattel: 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
omofunaab:
[url][/url]

Lol, illiterate.. .this has nothing to do with yorubas hating eachother, it's the normal politics.

Hate is when you see anambra people saying abia is a dead state or pictures of bad roads in enugu being peddled here by people of same region, that's not politics, that's simply hatred

What do you call a situation where Aworis are used for ritual cleaning? Politics?

1 Like

Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by vanbonattel: 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
omofunaab:

C'mon illiterate, am from The gateway state.

Gateway into the no man's land grin
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by omofunaab(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
vanbonattel:

What do you call a situation where Aworis are used for ritual cleaning? Politics?

If i may ask you, who are the aworis?

I bet you don't even know what you are talking about.
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by omofunaab(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
vanbonattel:

Gateway into the no man's land grin

Yes i agree, if that will make you sleep at night grin grin
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by vanbonattel: 1:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
omofunaab:

If i may ask you, who are the aworis?

I bet you don't even know what you are talking about.

The aworis are the abobaku people of the south west. grin
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by omofunaab(m): 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
vanbonattel:

The aworis are the abobaku people of the south west. grin

Lol, you are just looking for trouble, chinedu
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by babyfaceafrica: 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2017
Is that all
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by Lloydfather(m): 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
Awori's to me are the most foolish and lazy tribe we have in Nigeria, sometimes I wonder if truly are owner of Lagos or karma is dealing heard on them. no tribe has sold land in Nigeria like this tribe yet they are among the poorest tribe, they claimed to own Lagos yet non of their indigne have attained the position of a governor in Lagos. even local government chairman position only few among many have been there. not to talk of house of rep. this people to me are land grabbers and not legitimate land owners.
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by dejiogundipe(m): 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lloydfather:
Awori's to me are the most foolish and lazy tribe we have in Nigeria, sometimes I wonder if truly are owner of Lagos or karma is dealing heard on them. no tribe has sold land in Nigeria like this tribe yet they are among the poorest tribe, they claimed to own Lagos yet non of their indigne have attained there position of a governor in Lagos. even local government chairman position only few among many have been there. not to talk of house of rep. this people to me are land grabbers and not legitimate land owners.

If government were to make your state the new FCT, ur land will be seized and non-indigenes will flood ur state thereby making u guys foolish, lazy and poor!
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by dejiogundipe(m): 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
cc: lalasticlala
Re: The Unfair Treatment Of Awori Indigenes In Kosofe Local Government by omofunaab(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lloydfather:
Awori's to me are the most foolish and lazy tribe we have in Nigeria, sometimes I wonder if truly are owner of Lagos or karma is dealing heard on them. no tribe has sold land in Nigeria like this tribe yet they are among the poorest tribe, they claimed to own Lagos yet non of their indigne have attained the position of a governor in Lagos. even local government chairman position only few among many have been there. not to talk of house of rep. this people to me are land grabbers and not legitimate land owners.

Aworis are not lazy and again aworis can't be said to be the owner of the entire lagos.

Epe and ikorodu belongs to the ijebus. Badagry belongs to the Eguns

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Finds Loads Of Cash At Kaduna Bunker Of Andrew Yakubu - Former GMD Of NNPC / Segun Wire. / Buhari's Tyrannic Govt Must Be Stopped – Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.