Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Frank Lampard Retires From Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Frank Lampard Retires From Football (18478 Views)

Iker Casillas Retires From Football / Fernando Torres Retires From Football After 6-1 Final Match Loss In Japan(Photos / Usain Bolt Retires From Football After Two Matches! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Lampard Retires From Football by alfa2016: 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
Former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard says he has retired from football.
The Chelsea legend, who won every major club honour during his time at Stamford Bridge, has called time on his career after considering his options after leaving New York City at the end of the last MLS season.

Lampard, 38, announced his retirement on Instagram where he posted a lengthy message thanking those who had played a part in a career which also saw him win 106 caps for England.

He wrote:

"After 21 incredible years, I have decided that now is the right time to finish my career as a professional footballer. Whilst I have received a number of exciting offers to continue playing at home and abroad, at 38 I feel now is the time to begin the next chapter in my life. I’m immensely proud of the trophies I’ve won, of representing my country over 100 times and of scoring more than 300 career goals.

I have many people to thank. I thank my parents for instilling in me the values of hard work, dedication and professionalism, values which I have carried with me in everything that I do. I am forever grateful for the support of my family, my wife Christine and my two daughters Luna and Isla. What you have given me off the pitch has always been my strength on it. I love you all very much. Also, my friends and my own team that have always been there for me. I would like to thank the amazing team-mates, coaches, managers and backroom staff that I was privileged to work with. I’d also like to pay tribute to the clubs that I have represented. Firstly, West Ham United who gave me my debut in 1996. Thanks to the people there that believed in me at that young age. More recently Manchester City and NYCFC. I greatly enjoyed my last playing years at these two clubs and really appreciate the support I received from City Football Group and both clubs’ fans.

Of course, the largest part of my heart belongs to Chelsea, a club which has given me so many great memories. I will never forget the opportunity they gave me and the success that we managed to achieve together. It is impossible to give thanks individually to all the people that helped and supported me in my 13 years playing there. All I can say is from the day I signed until now and going forward, I'm eternally grateful for everything and to everyone. Chelsea fans gave myself and my teammates such incredible support. Their passion and hunger drove me on personally to give my best year after year. I couldn't have done it without them.
Looking forward, I'm grateful to the FA for the opportunity to study for my coaching qualifications and I look forward to pursuing the off-field opportunities that this decision opens."

Wishing him all the best in his future endeavors.

http://mojidelano.com/2017/02/breaking-former-chelsea-midfielder-frank-lampard-retires-from-football/

16 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by newyorks(m): 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
he's a legend lets show some likes for the world jersey no.8 frank lampard.

158 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by veekid(m): 1:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
A great midfielder; When Chelsea was Chelsea

6 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by remi4ever(m): 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
Space for sell!!

Froontage!!!!!!!! Let me use this medium to pray for this nation..

Almighty God,
bless our nation
and make it true
to the ideas of freedom and justice
and brotherhood for all who make it great.

Guard us from war,
from fire and wind,
from compromise, fear, confusion.

Be close to our president and our statesmen;
give them vision and courage,
as they ponder decisions affecting peace
and the future of the world.

Make me more deeply aware of my heritage;
realizing not only my rights
but also my duties
and responsibilities as a citizen.

Make this great land
and all its people
know clearly Your will,
that they may fulfill
the destiny ordained for us
in the salvation of the nations,
and the restoring of all things in Christ.

Amen..
cool cool cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by africandollar: 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
Chelsea for life! I would always miss you for your volleying net-breaking shots shocked aka. Stampard. You are welcome to drink from the Cup when we win the League this season.

17 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by mickeyrova(m): 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
The best Scoring Midfielder of all time and one of the few Chelsea players I love.A legend in every aspect of it.
I usually call him Lampido

Also check out my latest hit titled "let's flow"..
Download link :
http://m.padypady.com/music/4991/Lets-flow-Mickey-rova-MP3#

14 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by EmekaBlue(m): 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
SUPER FRANKY......Blue was d color,futbol was d game...Wish u all d best as u move on with life aside playing futbol.My super 8.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
Chelsea Fans how many likes for Lampard? 1like = Respect.

28 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by miqos03: 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
ok
Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by Christane: 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
It's long overdue ..tnx 4 ur tym ...i wil miss hm and everi thng he stand for ...i wil always remember z chelsea days ...wishn hm a happy retirement ...dz z a tym 4 him to sitback,relax nd enjoy all he av laboured for over d years.

3 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by Saheed9: 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
frankie one of the best modern day midfielders. I don't think there's another midfielder who score more goals

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by gentlejay007(m): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
FIVERR sellers, check my signature
Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by Rayd502(m): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
Legend...

3 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
Thanks Lampard, for damaging nets everywhere you go. grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by jeeqaa7(m): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
On behalf of arsenal fans..... We don't give a crawling fuckkk

5 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by Benjom(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
Rayd502:
Legend...

I quite agree with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by NevetsIbot(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
ignore the mumu above d guy above me.....

On behalf of all chelsea fans, we say.., thank you for your service

11 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by Omooniya1: 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2017
3 gbosa 4 u!!!

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by niqqaclaimz(m): 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2017
U dne mean it....make start dy cry... undecided undecided
Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by hucienda: 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2017
Super Lamps!

Legend.

Take a bow.
cool

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by segebase(m): 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by dragonking3: 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
Legend!

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by Sirlegendy(m): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2017
Wow I have been hearinq about this man.. Good for him. cheesy cheesy
Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by mickeyrova(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
jeeqaa7:
On behalf of arsenal fans..... We don't give a crawling fuckkk
As losers wey una be na!

11 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by codedrunsagent(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
Good news to Nigeria hot mama ,ladies and gays Nigeria website codedruns...com has over takes badoo website with over one million Nigeria used pleasssss if use kaduna as urs state of. Residents pls messages me I will upgrade you to VIP without paying one naria because I am their Nigeria agent we have poor turn out in Kaduna state
Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by holluphemydavid(m): 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
am not a chelsea fan,nor like chelsea but dis guy nid to be celebrated

3 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by mrtegation99(m): 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
Like for Lampard. Share for Chelsea FC. Quote to break Arsenals fans heart grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
LARGE PANT!!!
Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by SamConquer(m): 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
You dont have to be a Chelsea fan to acknowledge that Super Frankie was and is a LEGEND...A Mildfielder who scores for fun.Take a Bow Boss!!! super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie super Frankie

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by bobbybrown007: 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2017
Premier League: 3 FA Cup: 4 League Cup: 2 Champions League: 1 Europa League: 1 Games: 1019 Goals: 302 Frank Lampard, the best!

9 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by davedpo(m): 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nyc one
What a history made!
Re: Frank Lampard Retires From Football by FearFactor1: 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
Biko retire and chop money....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Why Black Stars Will Defeat Super Eagles – Bortey / "I Will Leave Barcelona at the end of the season" - Xavi Hernandes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.