Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Optimism, Patriotism And Psycho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Optimism, Patriotism And Psycho (387 Views)

2019: Why Are IPOB Yoots Suddenly Turned Champion Of "Patriotism"? / FG Welcomes Exit From Recession With Cautious Optimism / Buhari’s Return Heightens Optimism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Optimism, Patriotism And Psycho by thankgodeboh(m): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2017
A week ago or so, I unashamedly posted about my transfer from my virtual reality to the actual reality. I had for many years lived in Nigeria but found a way to assume or immerse myself in a virtual 'overseas' where the People at least have a right. I know the USA and UK, Russia, Germany and other first world countries are not free of troubles but you know, it is far worse here in a way. When a President or His finance Minister says there is recession, it is a far worst and miserable one for someone at the base of the pyramid. Imagine the kind of failure envisaged by a Harvard graduate, it surely would be a huge success in the eyes of someone from a community college or the crappy piece of institutions we have here in Nigeria.

And so when I assumed my actual reality, My mood changed. My countenance got punctured. I was literally in pieces and quarter life crisis came upon me. It is a hard thing to pretend that things are fine in Nigeria. I mean, you would probably be hacked to death if you dare say that Nigerians in Nigeria are living a good life. The kind of suffering that bedeck this country under the eyes of our zero proactive President with his handicapped cabinet is overwhelming. It is a kind of dilemma that makes us think twice. If you could trade patriotism for a can of milk or a litre of kerosene, you won't look back. Patriotism at this time can be broken into pieces, have milk poured over it and then served the Dogs.

So many things gone wrong and the President is unconcerned. He has worn excuses as Party clothes and we hear nothing else but blames. A President whose election suddenly turned the ministry of finance to an accent polishing academy and the ministry of agriculture rendered impotent. His league of Inspectors, Ministers, Goodbye bidders have drowned this nation.

A President that is deaf to the incessant hacking to death of families, pregnant women, children. A President whose zero proactiveness has crippled the economy. A President who pretends not to hear the wailings and gnashing of teeth of the poor Nigerians. Is that one President?

The moment you speak out on self defence, your pronouncement lands you into trouble and it is treated as an emergency to mess you up. The DSS now raid homes trashing due process and you tell me that the President has capable hands. Hack People to death as a fulani herdsman and watch a governor reward you.

Is there a better way to relay to him that he is incapable and that Nigerians want at least a tomato cup of seriousness from him. I mean, why would his People wish him death happily?

Maybe the TUFACE's peaceful protest will further let the world know about the perils of being a Nigerian living in Nigeria in this age. I doubt that this government will ever make progress. I doubt that Nigerians are hopeful in this government. I doubt that the President will see any meaning in the protests. He will shamelessly do unto us as he did to his wife ; he will dismiss our concerns.

Anybody who is against Tuface's concerns about true governance is more poisonous than acid.

And to believe that Nigeria is healthy and in good shape without adding 'hopefully' to it is madness.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Solidarity Of FEB 6 / Another Twist. .. / #iStandWithNigeria: Why Are You Protesting? (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.