Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar (6102 Views)

Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig / Naira Exchanges At Record-low, N510 A Dollar / A Dollar Now N500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by gratiaeo(m): 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lagos – The Naira on Tuesday continued to extend its stability against the dollar at all the major segments of the forex market.

At the parallel market, the Naira exchanged at N498 to a dollar, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro traded at NN615 and N525, respectively.

Trading at the Bureau De Change (BDC) window saw the Naira exchanged at N399 to a dollar, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) controlled rate, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N616 and N527 respectively.

The Naira also remained stable at the interbank market as it traded at N305.25 to a dollar.

Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe, the President, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), said that the increase in the nation’s external reserves and the global fall in the dollar contributed in the Naira stability.

Gwadabe said that ABCON had also embarked on a sensitisation campaign to enable its members operate by the rules
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/naira-extends-stability-major-forex-market-exchanges-n498-dollar/
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by hyfr(m): 7:27am On Feb 03, 2017
Please we are now begging president buhari to please return our dollar to #400, as against the initial #225, it was when he assumed office again, we can manage #400 for now. See how we are celebrating ordinary 2 naira depreciation. angry angry angry. Buhari remains the first and only president to lead his country into Recession at two different terms as head of state.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by edlion57(m): 7:28am On Feb 03, 2017
Second to comment....e der sweet oooo....pls when 1naira:1dollar una let me know...I standwithtubaba

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by otokx(m): 7:28am On Feb 03, 2017
Where is that Obasanjo meme?

1 Like

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by herkeym001(m): 7:28am On Feb 03, 2017
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by djakinwande(m): 7:28am On Feb 03, 2017
undecided
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 03, 2017
What is the website of NSCDC?
www. Nscdc.
That's all

1 Like

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Gten(m): 7:28am On Feb 03, 2017
Increase in foreign reserves and global fall in dollar causes 2 Naira appreciation. Why are we depending on permutations to fix our economy. Super Eagles, a team must beat another team for Nigeria to qualify for all tournaments. I salute thee.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 03, 2017
ok
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Femsmart(m): 7:29am On Feb 03, 2017
What's the difference between #500/$ and #498/$? Abi no be #2? What can you buy with #2?

5 Likes

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 03, 2017
If we want N1 to $1.....we need a stable source of dollars. And exporting raw materials is not a stable source of dollars....which is why govt has to really walk the talk re diversification.

1 Like

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by chronique(m): 7:30am On Feb 03, 2017
Nonsense!!! When dollar exchanged for 200+ during the twilight of Gej's govt, I thought to myself that Nigeria's currency was finished. It didn't even cross my mind that someday the naira will exchange for 500... Buhari is a complete nuisance to the entity called Nigeria.

24 Likes

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by MizTyna(f): 7:30am On Feb 03, 2017
Wow! Exchange rate is 498? Very stable and nice

13 Likes

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 03, 2017
Who took us into this mess tongue
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by NNVanguard(m): 7:30am On Feb 03, 2017
Is this worth celebrating?

Mediocrity is an evil disease!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by josephsm823(m): 7:30am On Feb 03, 2017
this country season film eehn! I no no when e go end ooo. make I just dey watch in my black & white television. ....

1 Like

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by slymbee: 7:30am On Feb 03, 2017
Good news we are getting there
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by weedtheweeds: 7:31am On Feb 03, 2017
How can our country grow?
Tuface is being opposed for trying to exercise his own fundamental right.
Biafran protesters are massacred in numbers
our economy is politicized
freedom of expression is hugely opposed
fulani herdsmen have gained so much ground obeying Quran 47:4; 9:123; 8:65; 8:60; 8:12; 2:191; 47:4.
our political representatives are betrayers
Christians are murdered and top pastors still keep silent and acting like saints. They ask you to pray but they never condemn evil acts even against their own members. RCCG lady was killed and up till now, Adeboye hasn't released an open condemnation to the that acts.
people are scared and insecure. Men guard their communities every night in look out for what they police are paid for
everyone is scared to talk, but they die like cowards in the end.
how can an economy grow when the land is more than insecure

5 Likes

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by johnstar(m): 7:31am On Feb 03, 2017
Patiently waiting for 1$ to 1000

2 Likes

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by ruggedtimi(m): 7:31am On Feb 03, 2017
Please wanted to know....Who else learned short hand at secondary sch and if You are using it
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Swizdoe(m): 7:32am On Feb 03, 2017
I see no change

1 Like

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by abescom: 7:32am On Feb 03, 2017
chronique:
Nonsense
it is nonsense because it is good news. You rather it is bad news. Igbo.
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by JimloveTM(m): 7:32am On Feb 03, 2017
Am i supposed to be dancing?

Get your BLOG here and start making money
https://jimlovetm.com/service/let-me-design-you-a-professional-blog-or-website-that-will-make-you-money
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by gbadexy(m): 7:32am On Feb 03, 2017
Perhaps the 2 naira difference may make a lot of sense to big business people.
It just doesn't make any difference to me.
Something significant like N400 for starting should be reported and celebrated as improving slightly and maintaining stability.
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by NNVanguard(m): 7:33am On Feb 03, 2017
9jakohai:
If we want N1 to $1.....we need a stable source of dollars. And exporting raw materials is not a stable source of dollars....which is why govt has to really walk the talk re diversification.

Our problem centres on our primary production outputs which commands less price in the world market. If we can extend our production frontiers to processing and tertiary production, we will earn more revenue.

But our diversification of the economy have been rolling around crude oil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Gbemini(m): 7:33am On Feb 03, 2017
I remember when 1 dollar was 180naira hmmm.

1 Like

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by princetom1(m): 7:33am On Feb 03, 2017
Ezechinwa:
What is the website of NSCDC?
www. Nscdc.
That's all

My oga at the top .. grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by VocalWalls: 7:34am On Feb 03, 2017
498 is stability?
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by sylviaeo(f): 7:35am On Feb 03, 2017
abescom:
if this is good news, I wonder wats ya definition of bad news. Anyways u r used to it. CONEHEAD

1 Like

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by owobokiri(m): 7:35am On Feb 03, 2017
498? You guys should stop celebrating mediocrity.., ahbegi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by chronique(m): 7:36am On Feb 03, 2017
abescom:

If this is good news to you, I'd suggest you take your brain to a mechanic workshop for diagnosis.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill / Punters Rehab / How To Make Lots Of Money From Transportation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.