Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? (21976 Views)

White Collar Job And Starting My Own Business: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
I was with my friends today in school after our lectures when we had several discussion about how life will be after school and how we are going to make it in life despite the hash economic condition facing our dear country (recession).I told them i,m not going to work for anybody or any organisation that i,m going to set up my own business no matter how small it will be, some guys supported my idea and said they are going to do the same while others said they are going to look for a white coller job.
While i was going home after the discussion and argument, this question about which one is better between salary work and business keep coming in my mind.

So dear nairalanders, based on your expirience and knowledge, which among the two do u think is better btw salary job and business.? Your comments wil be highly appreciated and will also be of a help to young graduates to make good decission btw the two.

NB: pls ignore my grammatical error.

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 11:10pm On Feb 02, 2017
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by SUPERPACK: 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
i will take business over salary anytime anywhere,
look around u in this period of recession and see whats happening to the whitecollar workers, they bear the losses in period like dis,
bt on the other side a business man continues his business knowing he is the boss, kpatakpata he adds price to his products to meet up.
Look at the list of the world richest men and u will discover that they always share one thing in common "Business"
Moreover due to recent advancements in technology the future seems deem for white collar job seekers.
www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/11858391/The-new-white-collar-fear-will-robots-take-your-job.html
lalasticlala

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 6:59am On Feb 03, 2017
SUPERPACK:
i will take business over salary anytime anywhere,
look around u in this period of recession and see whats happening to the whitecollar workers, they bear the losses in period like dis,
bt on the other side a business man continues his business knowing he is the boss, kpatakpata she adds price to his products to meet up.
Look at the list of the world richest men and u will discover that they always share one thing in common "Business"
Moreover due to recent advancements in technology the future seems deem for white collar seekers.
www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/11858391/The-new-white-collar-fear-will-robots-take-your-job.html
seconded

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by veekid(m): 9:30am On Feb 03, 2017
All of the above; nothing make sense in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by kilokeys(m): 9:31am On Feb 03, 2017
how about salary and business side by side?

who gives us the mindset of ''focusing'' on one single task?... its a weak ideology

Leonardo da Vinci or simply Leonardo, was an Italian polymath whose areas of interest included invention, painting, sculpting, architecture, science, music, mathematics, engineering, literature, anatomy, geology, astronomy, botany, writing, history, and cartography . He has been variously called the father of palaeontology, ichnology, and architecture, and is widely considered one of the greatest painters of all time. Sometimes credited with the inventions of the parachute, helicopter and tank, he epitomised the Renaissance humanist ideal.

i envy him... so in my own little way.. i hope to b a businessman in some months... though i am a current guitar tutor, pianist, chef , poet, artiste , engineering grad, practicing safety officer..

so bros .. be gainfully employed and control ur businesses.. employ pple to work for you.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by strawgirl(f): 9:31am On Feb 03, 2017
Business oooooooooooooooooo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 03, 2017
You can do both.

Meanwhile, See Toke Makinwa's reply to Maje Ayida

http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/02/toke-makinwa-reacts-to-maje-ayidas.html

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by ngolokante(m): 9:31am On Feb 03, 2017
Business men...you are your own boss
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 03, 2017
What kind of question is this?

2 Likes

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by fran6co(m): 9:32am On Feb 03, 2017
hmmm
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Jaytecq(m): 9:32am On Feb 03, 2017
are you still asking this kind of Question in 2017?

Business da best since 1900.
your have freedom from advance slavery.
you are also your Boss.

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by ShitHead(m): 9:32am On Feb 03, 2017
With your lapi on your bed, fvck salary job.

13 Likes

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by sexyjuly(f): 9:32am On Feb 03, 2017
u need d job to save up money for ur business.bt if u have pple dat can sponsor u den u r good to go.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Mmadu111: 9:32am On Feb 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
I was with my friends today in school after our lectures when we had several discussion about how life will be after school and how we are going to make it in life despite the hash economic condition facing our dear country (recession).I told them i,m not going to work for anybody or any organisation that i,m going to set up my own business no matter how small it will be, some guys supported my idea and said they are going to do the same while others said they are going to look for a white coller job.
While i was going home after the discussion and argument, this question about which one is better between salary work and business keep coming in my mind.

So dear nairalanders, based on your expirience and knowledge, which among the two do u think is better btw salary job and business.? Your comments wil be highly appreciated and will also be of a help to young graduates to make good decission btw the two.

NB: pls ignore my grammatical error.
Salary kills your creativity to stand for self to hit ground ....Business all the way.

6 Likes

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by LordHiffy(m): 9:33am On Feb 03, 2017
Although people have always stated the advantages of having a business, they often neglect to state the cons or CHALLENGES of being a business owner. As a biz owner there are things u need to put into consideration;
1. You will have to work much more than your counterparts ( this is for sure)
2. Biz is filled with ups and downs. Sometimes you gain but many times u may loose.
3. To sustain your biz, u'll have to mostly spend as a poor man ( you can't be a big spender and develop your business)
4. You have to be self sufficient and mostly rely on your guts for decisions
5. Your continuous creativity is a necessity
6. Less time for your self. Your business becomes like your baby
7. Finally you have to open your eyes to many other biz opportunities because some businesses go out of season. You need to spread your tentacles just in case
I wrote this whilst working so pardon my content but get d message

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by sugarbelly4: 9:33am On Feb 03, 2017
business
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by INTROVERT(f): 9:33am On Feb 03, 2017
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Acidosis(m): 9:33am On Feb 03, 2017
To succeed in business, you must be ready to work more than the average employee.

Business is not a place of rest, not a race for the weak or the lazy. If you cannot sacrifice your day and your nights to please your clients, then business isn't meant for you.

Running a business doesn't automatically make you a boss. Get ready to receive insults in all forms. As a business man, you're a greater slave to your clients.

Our understanding of entrepreneurship in this part of the world is just so wrong.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Adonis3: 9:33am On Feb 03, 2017

Business all the way, I swear

#Adonis3HasSpoken

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by helinues: 9:33am On Feb 03, 2017
Business of course. As long as you are a good manager.

Every day is an holiday here..

4 Likes

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Divay22(f): 9:34am On Feb 03, 2017
Give me business anytime...
There is nothing as productive as being your own boss,you'll have time to still wanna make other investments.........

Not a job,where you have to work your Ass out To get your pay will be war,having unnecessary queries for no just cause........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by ikbnice(m): 9:34am On Feb 03, 2017
The freedom of being your own boss is even enough to make you consider business.

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by nmreports: 9:34am On Feb 03, 2017
Both, if you have the luxury and wherewithal...
There are online businesses one can do now alongside ones job.

Alternatively, here are a list of businesses you can do if unemployed:
http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/06/list-of-simple-businesses-you-can-do-if.html
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by AntiWailer: 9:34am On Feb 03, 2017
no straight answer.

business is easier said than done until you hit crisis.

You need to know your strength.

Not everybody will do business and not everybody will collect salary.

We have people collecting Salary who are doing great and better than people doing their business

There are also plenty people doing their business and doing much better than people collecting salary.

Meanwhile some one screams Shoborobo kibooo, ossshe beddest and gets both capital and profit of a business man.

Just know your strength.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by tintingz(m): 9:35am On Feb 03, 2017
Both..

And it is not easy to start a business.

- Work in a company (as an employee)

- Earn more money through your monthly salary

- Start a business

Job security is good for a family man, that's my opinion tho.
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by henryderek: 9:35am On Feb 03, 2017
strawgirl:
Business oooooooooooooooooo

Owonikoko. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by ksbusari(m): 9:35am On Feb 03, 2017
it depends on ur level of education. A master holder would want to at least secure a paying job perhaps for the main time. its not easy.
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by bestspoke: 9:35am On Feb 03, 2017
what ever you decide...Always have it in mind to plan and start your own business one day.

Start discovering yourself and the kind of business you can run.

If you can have this kind of mindset from your undergraduate level, you might end up not working for anyone in your entirely,before you graduate your business is already running.
Start your trials and errors even while at your salary job,either government or private.

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by fpeter(f): 9:36am On Feb 03, 2017
Do both, eventually you will quit one for the other but by then you would have learned firsthand.
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Benjom(m): 9:37am On Feb 03, 2017
Both... Relative though
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by koolguy88(m): 9:38am On Feb 03, 2017
Business is better because you can set your goals and achieve them in flexible terms

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding / Confusion In Customs As Newly Retired Officers Stay Put / Do U Think Petroleum Engineering Is A Good Course To Study?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.