Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 (60802 Views)

Mysteries Of NoLand (Book 1) / Daylight Mysteries / DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2017
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
EPISODE 9

“ Dan, hold on” Annabelle pleaded as she advanced towards him.
“STAY BACK!” he screamed as he moved backwards. He turned around and took off in the opposite direction only to meet her already in front of him, much to his shock.
“Dan” she said sadly. “I know you have every right to be scared of me. I would too”
“Oh you think?” he cried out, an amused look on his face, despite his fear. “I can’t believe you hid this from me the whole time, brushing aside my claims of vampire existence in this school?”
“Oh, what did you expect?!” she cried out, eventually losing her temper, her eyes glowing momentarily. “That I should just walk up to you and say :Hi, my name is Annabelle and I’m a 67 year old vampire. Can we be friends? is that what you were expecting?” she added.
Daniel became quiet as he knew she had a point there, but that didn’t mean she was off the hook. For crying out loud, she just killed a man moments ago. The man was a jerk, no doubt, but he didn’t deserve to die. Who knows how much more innocent lives she must have taken?
“ So, the two men that were killed this month” he began calmly, not letting his eyes leave her. “ Your handwork?”
“No” she shook her head. “ I didn’t do any of those. Look, Dan. I may be a vampire, but I don’t go around killing innocent people for pleasure.”
“How am I supposed to believe that now?” Daniel sighed in frustration. “ You are a vampire which means you definitely feed on blood.” He paused then narrowed his eyes at her. “ All those times we went to the restaurant, You never ate along with me. I was always the only one eating. You would tell me you were not hungry. I guess everything makes sense now” he concluded as he put two and two together.
Annabelle remained silent.
“Which means” Daniel said silengtly. “ You are aware of the X-serum in my blood”
She nodded.
“And you know Luke.” He continued.
She nodded again.
“He’s part of the reason I became like this” she whispered. An angry tone evident in her voice.
“What do you mean?” he asked.
She moved to a nearby pavement and sat down, staring at the sky. Daniel still being alert followed her and sat beside her creating a little distance between them. For a while it was quiet and neither spoke a word. The chirping of the crickets were the only sounds preventing the place from being similar to a graveyard. Daniel glanced at the full moon which was shining brightly, above them. How much more surprise could he take in his life? He glanced towards Annabelle and sighed.
‘If she really wanted me dead’ he thought. ‘ she would have killed me since. But ann, why? Why do you have to be a vampire? How did this happen?’
As if hearing his thoughts, She broke the silence “ My story begins a long time ago. 50 years ago to be precise”
Daniel remained quiet, still shocked at her age.
“ I was raised in a country far away from here. Our town wasn’t so popular and the occupation that we involved ourselves in was mostly farming, weaving and fishing. The right age for a lady to get married was 16 while that of a guy was 18. So as you could imagine, by the time a man was 40, he would have already had 10 children at average” she chuckled softly and he smiled a bit.
“When I came of age to get married, I refused as I didn’t think I was ripe for it. Many girls at our time, had that view but no one would tolerate that. An unknown stranger can just come from nowhere and meet your parents to discuss marriage rites and before you know it, POOF!!, you are getting married next month whether you like it or not”
“ Wow” Daniel sighed sadly. “ That bad?”
“Mmm” She nodded still staring at the sky. “ I was quite stubborn and rebellious from a young age and it was no surprise that I had passed the ripe age of getting married by a year and still wasn’t ready. Then he showed up.”
“Luke?” Daniel asked.
“Not just Luke” she replied. “Luke….and his son, Chris”
“ Son?” Daniel was surprised. “ Vampires can procreate?”
“Yes” she nodded. “ But not with humans, only their fellow vampires which I would learn later in the years that followed. Any way, back to the story. The way they were dressed showed that they were strangers in our town. Expensive clothing, golden ornaments and what have you. Luke offered to have his son wed me and my parents being blinded by the love of material things saw this as a way to get out of their current state. We weren’t rich or poor. Just okay but my parents wanted more and so they agreed without even the slightest of thought. As, usual I voiced my rejection but this time, my mom was ready for it. She used all sort of threats against me including deciding to commit suicide if I refuse the marriage proposal. I hated this but as annoying as my parents could be sometimes, I loved them and I couldn’t bear the thought of losing her and so..”
“You agreed” Daniel finished for her.
She looked at him and nodded and he could see her eyes water. He saw that she was trying to fight the tears that threatened to spill out of her eyes. Those past memories must have really hurt.
“ I did” She continued. “ I did it just to make them happy, regardless of how I felt. Chris made sure to pay 3 times my bride price that day much to the naïve joy of my parents and sooner than I could blink my eyes. I was married to him. It was the happiest day of my parent’s life as my mother couldn’t stop boasting to her mates that I was finally married to a rich man. Then came the wedding night..”
She paused as she noticed Daniel blushed at her last statement.
“Oh, man up, you big baby” she flicked his cheek. “ As if you won’t experience it in future”
“ That’s in the future” he smiled and stuck out his tongue at her, forgetting about his current predicament. She chuckled at his immaturity before a frown came back to her face and she stared at the sky again.
“ On our wedding night” she continued. “ I noticed something strange about Chris. He was gentle alright but his body was so cold. Like ice cold. It was so bizzare and I felt scratches on my back from nails I never knew he had and before I knew it..he… he.. bit me!”
Annabelle burst into tears at the last word and Daniel sighed sadly. Here was someone who saved his life twice this month. Someone who kept him company and made him feel loved. Someone who he could talk with for a while and never got bored. This was someone who volunteered to teach him self defense classes to protect himself from harm. And he just tried pushing her away moments ago. A pang of guilt hitched on his heart and he felt sorry for her. Who knew that behind her tough girl persona was someone who had suffered heartache for half a century? He scooted closer and wrapped his arm around her, drawing her to his chest. She flinched momentarily before relaxing and wiping the tears from her eyes.
“It was so horrible, Dan” She whispered, her voice hoarse from crying. “ It was then I noticed the monster that was my husband. I fled the room and ran to the bathroom but the deed had already been done. I saw the mark on my neck and blood flowing out. I began to feel drowsy and weak. Like I was going to die. I collapsed that night and woke up the next day feeling different. By that time I was alone in the room. I felt hungry and I prepared something to eat only to vomit it out as soon as I ingested it. It was then Chris and his father came into the room. With smiles on their faces, they happily announced that I was officially part of their family. I cursed them in anger and ran out of the room not before hearing Luke shout that he always gets his way. I had no idea what that meant but I left them anyway. I went to stay in the house of a close friend of mine . funny how I resisted the urge not to feed on her. Ha ha. It was only a few days later that word came to me that came to me that my parents were killed by wild animals. Wild animals, my foot. It was then I realized the meaning of Luke’s words. I rushed to my family home to see the bodies of my parents on the ground. A crowd had gathered around that day. I could not cry that day. It was all too much to bear. Luke and Chris left the town and I never saw them return. My hatred of them multiplied tenfold and I vowed that they or their kind would never see happiness or peace. I crossed paths with only Luke several times but he was too strong for me. His son was no where to be found and much to my horror, it was revealed that Luke had sent him to create more vampires from around the country. I was so devastated about this and I lost hope. Until I heard about the X-serum. From what I knew, it was very powerful and luke needed it for Immunity. My first thought was why would he need it if he was so strong……..Unless……..he had a weakness. From that conclusion, I became aware of the weakness of vampires. So I made his life hell. Interfering in his search for you and intercepting when he got close to you. You see, Dan. I’ve known you since you were a toddler and I knew how important that serum in your blood is. I’ve vowed that no one would get that serum and I will keep that vow even if it costs my life”
Daniel sighed as she concluded her tale and released her.
“So you are not after it too?” He asked.
“Hell no!” She cried out. “I hate what I have become and if there is anything I wouln’t want, It’s an upgraded version of it.”
“Ann” he said as a serious look came on his face. “ I know there are more of them coming for me. I’ve heard your story and while I may be convinced doesn’t mean I trust you. No offense”
“None taken” she smiled.
“But if you want to earn my trust” He continued. “ I need you to do two things for me”
“I’m all ears” she said.
“One, tell me a vampire’s weakness” he said and, leaning towards her and looking at her square in the eyes, he added, “ Two, teach me how to fight and kill a vampire”
With a grin on her face, she whispered darkly.
“ Deal”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2017
sad make una no vex for the slow update o
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by blueflowers(f): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2017
Nice
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
EPISODE 10

SMASH!!
Came the sound as Daniel was once again floored by his teacher, none other than our beloved Annabelle.
“Too slow” she teased as she walked around his groaning form. “How do you expect to beat Luke and the rest if I am too much for you”
She raised her leg up and brought it down on his chest but he quickly rolled away at the last minute making her heel smash into the wooden floor, creating a hole in it. He raised his eyebrow at that.
“ Hmm” he said as he stood in a fighting stance. “ Not planning to go easy on me?”
She charged towards him and threw a punch but he dodged barely as he felt the breeze move past his face from the movement of her fist. He landed a punch in her stomach stunning her a bit and making her double over. Seeing an opportunity to strike, he attempted to hit knee her face but she put her palm in the way, pushing his knee back and aimed to strike his stomach but he quickly caught her fist and spun her around before grabbing her from behind in a chokehold.
“ I guess the student is gaining ground on the teacher” He whispered into her ear as he held her tight. “ Or are you getting rusty?”
“You are doing well” She grinned in his hold. “But you are forgetting something”
“What’s that?” he mused.
She elbowed him in the stomach, making him release his hold and she reached behind her, grabbed his left arm and flipped him over, making him land on his back for the 20th time that day. She sat on his stomach with her knees on either side of him and pinned his hands with hers above his head. He struggled against her but it was pointless. She was clearly the stronger one.
“ If you have the upper hand in a fight” She smiled as she watched him squirm. “ Never let your guard down or your opponent would use it against you. Haven’t you ever noticed why the good guys always win in most movies?”
Daniel stopped struggling and gave her a confused look.
“ Because they are the better fighters” He said
“Wrong” she released one of her hand and poked him on the nose with her index finger. “ Trust me, majority of the good guys always lose against the bad guys in movies when it comes to hand to hand combat. If you notice, the bad guys are the better fighters and they always dominate in fights. A bad guy’s Achilles heel in movies is always his stupidity. He clearly has the good guy beaten and battered before him, vulnerable to his finishing blow and what does he do? He starts sputtering nonsense on how he won the fight and how he is going to finish him and rule the world or some kind of nonsense like that”
Daniel couldn’t help but chuckle at that.
“And then” Annabelle continued “ The good guy gets momentum and quickly kills the bad guy. The end”
She concluded and they both laughed at that. Daniel smiled inwardly as he watched her laugh. He was glad to see this side of her. The bright and cheerful side.
She got up from him and offered him a hand which he accepted and she pulled him up.
“My point is “ she continued, a serious look appearing on her face. “ Vampires are bloodthirsty and ten times stronger and faster than humans. So if you have the opportunity to kill one, do it. Because they would do much worse to you.”
“What could be worse than death?” he questioned
“Trust me” she said, picking up a small towel and wrapping it around her neck. “ A lot of things could be worse than death. Remember that. Class is over. Any questions?”
Daniel stared at the sweaty form of Annabelle as she wiped her face with the towel. She was currently wearing a black sports bra and black shorts that were way too short, revealing her long tanned legs. Her fists were covered with white tapes and her hair was in a ponytail. She looked like quite the bombshell. Daniel gulped as a bead of sweat made it’s way from her face down to her neck and slithered slowly into her exposed cleavage….
“Hello!!” she snapped her fingers in front of his face and he looked up.
“ My eyes are up here” She grinned teasingly.
He blushed as he knew he had been caught.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
“Again?!!” Jake cried out as he stared at Tomiwa in surprise. “ What don’t you understand in that part?!”
They were currently sitting on a bench beside her hostel as boys were prohibited from entering the building and vice versa. It was already dark and the were studying with the aid of the light coming from the bulb that was outside her hostel as well as their phone torches. Sharon was in the hostel taking her bath and Daniel was AWOL… as usual. So it was just two of them.
“It’s so complicated” she whined cutely pointing at a spot in the book. “ Please go over it again one more time. I promise I will give you all my attention”
“What?” Jake blanched as he misinterpreted her words.
“I meant attention to your teaching!” she squealed, her cheeks becoming pink as she realized her blunder. “ Yeah, that’s what I meant” she concluded with a silly giggle.
Jake smiled and explained the chapter all over again and this time, she did all her best to grab as much as she could. When he was done, he asked her if she got all he said and she nodded approvingly. He tested her with some questions, closing the book ,and she answered correctly.
“See?” he grinned. “ It’s easy when you get the hang of it”
“Yeah” she smiled back at him. Jake caught her look and he blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. He didn’t know why but there was something about her that made him melt. Whether it was her teasing smile or her cute laughter or the way she pouted when she was frustrated. He couldn’t place his finger on it. Or was it her looks? Her dark skin, heart shaped face, pink lips and lively eyes. She was just too perfect.
“Hey, tomi?” he coughed
“Yeah?” she replied.
“I was just thinking” he pressed his index finger against his other palm and she almost giggled at that. “ Well, tomorrow night. I was wondering if, well.. if we could eat out together. Just you and I?. Nothing really fancy”
Tomiwa paused.
‘ Is he asking me what I think he is asking me?’ she squealed happily in her head. Only Sharon knew of her crush on Jake as she made sure to tease her to no end about it.
“Jacob Adewale” She tilted her head side ways at him and smiled. “ Are you asking me out on a date?”
“Well..” he stuttered and then coughed to regain his composure. “ What if I am?” he winked at her. “ Will I get arrested for it?”
“No” she replied. “ You’ll get a yes for it”
They stared into each other’s eyes for a while before the church bell startled them from nearby. They laughed at that before getting up. He walked her to the entrance before turning around.
“Jake?” she called and he turned around
“Yeah” he replied
“Don’t be late” she whispered, smiling
“I won’t” he replied. “ Goodnight”
“Goodnight” she said and walked inside.
He sighed happily and walked away towards the direction of his hostel.
From his viewing place, an evil smile made it’s way on Luke’s face as he watched Jake walk quickly and excitedly towards the hostel.
“ First Esther, then Jacob” he whispered to himself. “ This is going to be a thrilling party. ”

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 9:44pm On Feb 10, 2017
smiley Update don show o. Saraphina, missperfect28, damibliz and other fiction lovers.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
wink smiley *walks into thread n see's udate* oga everton u dn come bak 4rm market?wehdon o,stil i folow
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2017
Spiritman99:
wink smiley *walks into thread n see's udate* oga everton u dn come bak 4rm market?wehdon o,stil i folow
no vex o. yesterday no make sense at all. but this weekend. u go see enough story. my own be say make una dey enjoy am, even if I no see enough comments. As long as my spirit tells me the people viewing like my story, that's good enough for me.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
everton4life:
no vex o. yesterday no make sense at all. but this weekend. u go see enough story. my own be say make una dey enjoy am, even if I no see enough comments. As long as my spirit tells me the people viewing like my story, that's good enough for me.
oga everton,i concur with ur spirit,abt d comments,no worry dem go strt soon,evri body go 4 sabbatical liv,na hin make...as 4 me? #istandwithu,followin til d end...n 2 add,nyc story here,ur efforts r appreciated...tnx alot!
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by saraphina(f): 10:49pm On Feb 10, 2017
saraphina wuz ere...Nice one boss but plz and plz nothing shud happen to Daniel,Ann,Esther and Jake oo but u can make Luke and Chris suffer before their death...
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
I Dey Follow U Like Kilode Oga Everton Keep Firing I Dey Your Back Like An Hunch,
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
saraphina:
saraphina wuz ere...Nice one boss but plz and plz nothing shud happen to Daniel,Ann,Esther and Jake oo but u can make Luke and Chris suffer before their death...
well... lipsrsealed
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 11:22pm On Feb 10, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
I Dey Follow U Like Kilode Oga Everton Keep Firing I Dey Your Back Like An Hunch,
boss mi. I dey loyal o
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 12:31am On Feb 11, 2017
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 11, 2017
everton4life:
smiley Update don show o. Saraphina, missperfect28, damibliz and other fiction lovers.
update *cleans eye*somborri give da lord a shout!! grin

1 Like

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by nady94: 9:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Feeling this piece like filler boy lmao. Nice one man, my popcorn don almost finish make I sharperly go buy more.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2017
nady94:
Feeling this piece like filler boy lmao. Nice one man, my popcorn don almost finish make I sharperly go buy more.
take your time
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by mercy9684(m): 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2017
wonderful,i dey feel u jor
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2017
EPISODE 11
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”
Joyous shouts were heard as Daniel was awoken by a splash of cold water to his face, courtesy of his excited room mates, including Jake.
“ Una dey mad ni?” Daniel cried out in annoyance as he wiped his face with his hands. “Abi una no wan succeed in life?”
“Oga, bone that one” Segun laughed as he returned the now empty container. “ Na how things supposed dey for the celebrant. You suppose dey happy sey na only we for your room know about your birthday. Otherwise them for don baff you outside”
Daniel sighed in annoyance as he examined his now wet bed.
“See my bed now” he grumbled. “Even you, Jake. Don’t worry, your own birthday is next two weeks na”
“You think say I go dey this room by that time” Jake laughed. “ I go hide for one of my guy place”
“Na so” Daniel replied. “ All na talk, we go still corner you when you come back”
“So Daniel” Tade, another of his roomates said. “ Hope say the party still go hold for beach, I no want make person prepare today come dey hear tales by the moonlight.”
“Don’t worry” Daniel laughed. “ It would hold. I don organize everything.”
“ Shey chow dey?” Segun asked
“So food na the only reason you dey go birthday party abi?” Tade said, a disappointing look on his face.
“You think say I be like you” Segun retorted.
“Chow dey” Daniel answered Segun’s previous question before they descended into one of their meaningless arguments.
“What about drinks?” Tade asked.
“Sorted” Daniel replied.
“Babes?” Tade pressed on.
“Guy!!” Segun cried out. “ Shey na only men go dey the party before? Of course babes go dey, na. which kind question you dey ask self. Na wa for you o”
Daniel laughed as they began they usual bickering. Truth be told, Daniel wanted his birthday to be private, but thanks to the ever running mouth of Jake, his department as well as his room mates were aware and he was forced to make it a big deal. He suggested celebrating it around his faculty premises but his room mates who would inevitably bring their friends along, wanted to be part of it. It had been a long time he had been to the beach so he didn’t mind going there again. So he thought, why not bring the party along?
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“ So according to the rumors going around the school” The voice of the course rep was heard as he began an announcement. “There are talks about the school going on strike”
There were low mumbles around the class as students began to chatter among themselves. Daniel kept a straight face as he listened to this new info. Annabelle sat beside him for the first time at his right, her chocolate eyes narrowing slightly as her face was deep in thought. Sharon sat at his left, throwing slight glances at his direction at intervals. Behind him, Jake sat beside Tomiwa as he paid attention, at the same time trying to fend off a flirting Angela which was beginning to piss Tomiwa off, but she maintained her cool so as not to cause a scene.
“Please, please. I need attention” The course rep continued as he tried to silence the class. “ Like I said, It’s a rumor. It is not official yet.”
“Any reason that the school might want to go on strike?” A random student asked.
“Well, from what I know” The course rep replied “ It has something to do with the recent disappearances of students in this school. Student’s have left their hostels and have been reported missing. Another issue is the recent death of a student, whose body was found in the bush near crystal hostel.”
The whole class gasped and Daniel glanced sideways at Annabelle. She had a sad look on her face at the reception of the info and she looked away. He reached for her hand which was placed on the table and held it. She tensed in surprise and she stared at him. He squeezed her hand slightly and smiled at her for reassurance. She managed a small smile in return and nodded before he released her.
“There was a small protest last week” The class rep continued. “Apparently majority of students have had enough and they want the school to do something about it. It’s still a rumor but I believe with the way things are, it will become official soon. That’s that on that. Now as we all know, Daniel Johnson’s birthday party is holding at the beach this evening…”
He was interrupted as the class erupted in joy and some students congratulated Daniel once again and others tapped his back affectionately.
“ Please make sure you leave the place on time and don’t wander about” The course rep continued. “ It’s not safe. Once again, Happy Birthday Daniel.” He concluded with a smile and left the class. Soon every one began to get ready to leave as it was approaching evening.
“ So birthday boy” Annabelle began as she pinched his cheek. “ Any surprises I should expect at the party?”
“Hmmm” he put his finger at his chin and looked up in thought. “ I don’t think so. Food, drinks, a good location where you can see the view of the setting sun and feel the smooth ocean breeze. That should be good enough.”
“No music?” she tilted her head sideways as she looked at him confusedly.
“Oh right!!” he cried out as he slapped his palm against his forehead, cursing at his forgetfulness. “ There is music. Forgot to mention that” he grinned.
“Please tell me it’s not the slow type” she teased.
“Are you kidding me?” he snorted. “ of course not”
“That’s good” she smiled and leaned towards him until their noses were almost touching, making him turn pink. “ Because I hope you can handle me on the dance floor” she whispered the last part and winked at him. Before he could reply, she stood up and pinched his cheek before smiling at him and she walked away, leaving Daniel staring at her retreating form with his mouth open.
“Dan Dan Dan” Tomiwa teased as she wrapped her left arm around his neck from behind and ruffled his hair with her other hand. “ I never knew you had it in you”
“Hey!!” he cried out as he pushed her hands away and arranged his curly hair. “ Easy with the hair.”
“Calm down, man” Jake laughed as he plopped down beside his friend. “You’ll still freshen up when you reach the hostel. Besides you think people care about this your bushy hair.”
“Na you sabi” Daniel retorted. “ So you are speaking up for your girlfriend now eh?” he added with a sly grin.
“Anyway” a blushing Tomiwa changed the subject. “ Just like Annabelle said, I hope you can dance. Don’t go and dull her spirit o. It seems like she will have some energy you can’t handle”
“Yeah I can dance” Daniel replied.
“Can he?” Tomiwa turned to Jake
“Sadly, yes he can” Jake grinned shaking his head in mourning fashion.
Daniel laughed and pushed his friend’s head away. His laugh was soon interrupted as they spotted Angela making her way over to them.
“Ohhhh” Daniel and Jake groaned in annoyance simultaneously. An deadly scowl made it’s way to Tomiwa’s face and she clenched her fists.
“Hey guys” Angela chirped when she reached them, ignoring the presence of the girls. “ How’s it going?”
“It’s going great” Daniel mumbled.
“Yeah” Jake muttered.
“Dan” She turned to Daniel with a sweet smile “ I hope your party will be a blast. Because I plan to have the best time of my life tonight.”
‘The best time being a hoe’ Tomiwa thought angrily.
“It will be great, don’t worry about that” Daniel replied blankly.
“ Alright, see you there” She patted his cheek much to Sharon’s disgust and his horror. She glanced towards Jake and gave him a seductive smile before turning to leave. Jake shivered in terror and turned to see Tomiwa’s fists still clenched. She was glaring a hole at the back of the retreating Angela’s head. He reached out and grasped her left fist. She turned towards him and he smiled at her, shaking his head in a disapproving fashion. She sighed and relaxed before uncurling her fists.
‘ My patience is wearing thin’ she thought angrily

1 Like

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2017
wink
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by saraphina(f): 6:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
thank u for d sweet update oo but my mind is telling me something and if u try it,I might b forced to to to......Nvm.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
saraphina:
thank u for d sweet update oo but my mind is telling me something and if u try it,I might b forced to to to......Nvm.
grin
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by ezo4fta(m): 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2017
Nice write up.....following closely
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
EPISODE 12
“ Hello baby” Esther smiled warmly as she embraced her son. She had come to visit him in the school and give him some extra things.
“Hi mum” Daniel replied as he hugged her back. She released him and she looked him over.
“Wow” She said in mock surprise. “ You are looking bigger and more defined”
Truth be told, Daniel’s training had paid off and helped in developing his muscles. His biceps had enlarged and his chest became wider and solid and if he had raised his shirt, she would have seen his formed abs.
“Lots of exercise” He grinned.
“So how are you doing?” she leaned into the car with her arms crossed.
“I’m doing fine” he muttered. “ I’m great”
“Dan” a look of concern came to her face. “are you sure?”
Daniel sighed. So far no one knew about his current predicament with vampires and he wasn’t ready to be taken into any psychiatric hospital if he tried spreading news about their existence. He glanced at his mom’s direction and studied her face. The expression on her face was pleading. As if begging him to spill his mind to her. He didn’t want to put so much on this woman who cared about his safety as her only son. What was he to do now?
“Yes mom” he smiled. “I am fine. I’m great”
The look on her face revealed that she didn’t believe him but she chose not to press further. She believed sooner or later something would come out of it.
“Remember” she said, taking his hands in hers and squeezing them slightly. “ we’ve discussed this before. If you ever have anything bothering you, I’m always there for you. okay?”
He smiled and nodded.
“So” she smiled, releasing his hands. “ How are you celebrating today?”
“Well” he replied, glad for a change in subject. “It’s actually at the beach.”
“A beach party?” she squealed. “That’s wonderful. Opportunity to mingle right?” she winked at him.
“I don’t know what you are talking about” he smiled shyly, avoiding her eyes.
“How would you know?” she laughed. “ So who did you invite?”
“ Well, Jake, my room mates and the whole of my department” he replied.
“That much!!” she cried out “ That’s a number of people. Which reminds me, do you still have some money left? Because a party for that lot would require a large budget’’
“ Yeah mum” he replied. “ I’ve planned it right and I still have some cash left”
“Doesn’t matter” she was adamant. She reached into the car and pulled out her purse. She counted some cash and handed it to him.
“ Mom” he began to protest.
“No” she wagged her finger at him. “ I am not hearing it. Think of this as my birthday present.”
He sighed and collected the money. “ Thank you, mum”
“Oh, that’s not all” she smiled at him and he raised his eyebrow in confusion. “ I have another present for you”
She reached into the car again and brought out a small black nylon, then handed it to him.
“ Happy birthday, Baby” she said.
He collected the nylon and peered into it. His eyes went wide at what he saw. It was a pack which contained a brand new SONY headset. He cried out in glee and hugged his mum, squeezing her tightly.
“Oh, thank you, mom. Thank you, thank you, thank you,” he cried out. “ You’re the best!”
“ I know ,right?” she giggled as she rubbed his back smoothly.
They disentangled and she held his face in her hands, caressing his cheeks softly. He smiled, grasped her hands and rubbed his thumbs over them as they shared the silent moment.
“Go on” she whispered with a soft smile and released her grasp on his face. “Go and have fun. Today is your day”
“ Love you, mom” He said.
“ Love you too, Baby” she replied and then shooed him away, laughing. “Now get out of here and go enjoy yourself ’’
He waved at her and departed in the direction of his hostel.
“My baby” She sighed happily as she watched his retreating figure. “All grown up.” Looking away into the bright moon, she added in a whisper. “ You need to see him now, Joe. He is looking a lot more like you every passing day” she concluded sadly.
A sly grin came to her face as she entered the car and drove off. “ I wonder if the girls cluster around him. My poor baby won’t be able to handle them” she giggled.

Luke grinned as he watched her car drive away. Beside him stood a young man in his late teens. He wore a dark trench coat and tight leather pants with a black Tee inside. His hair was permed like Luke’s
and he had a wicked smile on his face.
“Well, it has begun” Luke chuckled and turned to the young man. “ Chris?”
The man looked at him expectantly.
Luke nodded his head towards Esther’s car which was a far distance ahead but could still in their view.
“Fetch” he snarled viciously.
“With pleasure” The man replied, cracking his knuckles as his evil grin became wider.

1 Like

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2017
ezo4fta:
Nice write up.....following closely
welcome
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2017
angry It's about to get DEADLIER
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2017
everton4life:
angry It's about to get DEADLIER
*shivers*
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2017
Ehenehh,u dey try me abi *picks up a very SHARP dagger*now before i open and close my eyes,gimme 10 more updates...*brandising d dagger*or DIE
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2017
Missperfect28:
Ehenehh,u dey try me abi *picks up a very SHARP dagger*now before i open and close my eyes,gimme 10 more updates...*brandising d dagger*or DIE
*runs and hides behind saraphina and spiritman99* SAVE ME!!!

1 Like

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2017
everton4life:
*runs and hides behind saraphina and spiritman99* SAVE ME!!!
grin really?*pushes spiritman99,kicks saraphina and drags him out*ur third leg wud be my special suya dis evening for daring to hide...*raises the dagger high and holds his trouser*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ / The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / Naija Love Rhymes For Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.