Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:38 AM

Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list (39077 Views)

Super Eagles Coach Drops Iheanacho, Ajayi From 2019 AFCON Squad: Fans React / Have Manchester United Fans Accepted The B List Status / Iheanacho To Become Most Expensive Nigerian [Full List Of Top 20] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by mayoor15(m): 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
fergie001:

Nairaland and seun,how can I give 2 likes for this comment?
Boss mi, I learnt it for you

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by mayoor15(m): 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
stam101:

baba God bless ur father
And you too boss
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by mayoor15(m): 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
yedidiah:
He was never really loved by his team mates. They hardly feed him with the ball unless when there is no other option. And when he scores, they don't celebrate with him joyfully.
His selfish nature caused the hostility, remember last season against arsenal when man city was in danger of missing out on the UCL they needed to win the game, kelechi had aguero open on his right,you know what he did, he shot against a player, lucky enough for Man City other result went there way. Selfishness is one aspect of his game he needs to improve upon, look at Suarez from his days at Ajax, he always score and assist others, that is an important part of new age football.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by mayoor15(m): 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
oluwajaybee:

I love the way u analyse sire. You are a 100+1% correct.
And you are 100+2% correct... twale sir
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by yedidiah(m): 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
mayoor15:
His selfish nature caused the hostility, remember last season against arsenal when man city was in danger of missing out on the UCL they needed to win the game, kelechi had aguero open on his right,you know what he did, he shot against a player, lucky enough for Man City other result went there way. Selfishness is one aspect of his game he needs to improve upon, look at Suarez from his days at Ajax, he always score and assist others, that is an important part of new age football.
I think it is beyond that single incidence. infact, if you observed City players before that encounter, they weren't that welcoming to him. I am guessing maybe they feel threatened by his youth and talent, or, they just want to systematically bully him and make him know his age and place in the team. But whatever it was, it hasn't done him, Nigeria or the club any good.
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by Alabi1997(m): 8:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Jesus things
Jesus stuff!!!
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by mayoor15(m): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
yedidiah:
I think it is beyond that single incidence. infact, if you observed City players before that encounter, they weren't that welcoming to him. I am guessing maybe they feel threatened by his youth and talent, or, they just want to systematically bully him and make him know his age and place in the team. But whatever it was, it hasn't done him, Nigeria or the club any good.
But Nigeria suffers more, his age also affected him, man city has 90% old players until last two summers when they started buying youths players, most of them feels he should be playing in the youth league.
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by Duru009(m): 9:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
sleuthhound:

& so? Na u b coach? He picks who im want, if u dey im shoes, na so pple go talk abt u, dats if u fit achieve wetin im don achieve sef! lol

U are fake.....
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
mayoor15:
And you are 100+2% correct... twale sir
Wow! Great analysis. You did justice to the topic remarkably well.
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by mayoor15(m): 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
gensteejay:

Wow! Great analysis. You did justice to the topic remarkably well.
Thanks boss
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by smartleo(m): 9:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
mayoor15:
B list or C list, the salient truth is Ihenacho may not play for Man City again this season except there is a major injury crisis.
That's the truth my dear
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by Menace2Society(m): 10:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
sleuthhound:

mumu, cos na only am black 4 line up abi..... Try read & comprehend well b4 reacting
WTF is this one saying?U are a joke grin
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by Sprumbaba: 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
DrChukzy:
I have said it, this guy should have jejely gone to Arsenal.

See as his career is been threatened now.

You spoil matter. Arsenal ke.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by Menace2Society(m): 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
toogbasky:

Na wa ooooo, all dis Arsenal fans wen nor dey talk true oooooo, I am an Arsenal fan, iwobi plays in either d wing or midfield for Arsenal, debruyne, Silva, Goudogan, Youre, fenandinoh,Fernando,nolito,steling, even sane in bench, talk true na, these are world class players, na who dey defensive midfield for arsenal wen u wan take compare fenandinoh, na who u wan take compare debruyne and Silva apart 4rm Sanchez and ozil, who u wan take compare Toure(maybe Ramsey abi), u talk abt wilshere(na wa 4 u oooooo, we all knw his injury problem nah, he didn't liv bcus he can't break into d squad)
Shut up!U got zero knowledge of football grin Man city who?
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by TerrorSquad147: 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
Bilabong:
Racism in action...
This boy has suffered in the hands of mancity...
in the hands of that racist, Pep
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by ezigr8(m): 11:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
make we remove racism here talk true dis guy no fit hold regular shirt for man city....forget say na our own d guy no de hardworking but his damn lucky n his making his money but truth be told he deserve that for displaying his African mentality of more money wen u never work
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by maverick001: 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
I don't c racism here cuz Jesus is also black Nd kept white aguero on d bench........ iheanacho may nt actually be d player dat fits Pep's style.......he shd move to anoda club soon......cuz as tinz dey naw ,even baba aguero dey warm bench......Mk he go on loan so he will be sharp when d national team needs him......cuz in reality barring an injury crisis he may nt play more dan 90 mins of action for city till d end of this season
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
mayoor15:
Thank you and some will compare him with Messi, Messi at his age runs the entire pitch even now still run back to help the defense and midfield.

Messi runs the entire pitch. I doubt you have thoroughly watched Messi. Iheanacho has a high work rate than Messi in his early twenties.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by Igboid: 11:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
The way I see it.
City isn't going to finish in top 4 in EPL this season. As I don't see either of Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool not being in the top four. Chelsea had won the league.
City won't win the UCL either.

Will Guardiola still have a job in City come the end of the season? Time will tell.

I watched Jesus against poor Westham side, I saw no extraordinary talent or skill set in him, only Sane showed such promise.
Jesus is all hype, I remember that Depay came with such in EPL, and we know how that ended, where is Januzaj?

All Iheanacho need do is work hard in training, learn new skill sets like free-kicks, and he will weather this storm with time. Now that the spotlight is less on him, is the best time to grow his game under low pressure, and show his worth whence called upon. This is a challenge for him, he can let it Mar him or he can use it to spur his career into the next level.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by goldennugget: 6:02am On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by mayoor15(m): 6:50am On Feb 04, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Messi runs the entire pitch. I doubt you have thoroughly watched Messi. Iheanacho has a high work rate than Messi in his early twenties.
No need arguing sir
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by mayoor15(m): 6:52am On Feb 04, 2017
Igboid:
The way I see it.
City isn't going to finish in top 4 in EPL this season. As I don't see either of Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool not being in the top four. Chelsea had won the league.
City won't win the UCL either.

Will Guardiola still have a job in City come the end of the season? Time will tell.

I watched Jesus against poor Westham side, I saw no extraordinary talent or skill set in him, only Sane showed such promise.
Jesus is all hype, I remember that Depay came with such in EPL, and we know how that ended, where is Januzaj?

All Iheanacho need do is work hard in training, learn new skill sets like free-kicks, and he will weather this storm with time. Now that the spotlight is less on him, is the best time to grow his game under low pressure, and show his worth whence called upon. This is a challenge for him, he can let it Mar him or he can use it to spur his career into the next level.
Then it means you are just seeing Jesus play...And you think a sane coach will bench Aguero because of an ordinary player? And about your top 4 analysis, one point separates 2nd and 5th, Arsenal and Liverpool are not outright consistent, a run of 5 straight victories can make the difference
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by gazmann(m): 7:18am On Feb 04, 2017
Thank God for kelechis goals. It has somewhat covered up for him. His link up play and his on the ball control needs some polishing. If his movement as silky as iwobi who has scored less goals in arsenal. He will be indispensable to pep. I hope he ups his overall attacking strenght

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by toogbasky(m): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2017
Menace2Society:
Shut up!U got zero knowledge of football grin Man city who?

Mad man, are u saying Arsenal is richer in midfield?, Mr professor of football
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by Menace2Society(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2017
toogbasky:

Mad man, are u saying Arsenal is richer in midfield?, Mr professor of football
Cool down so someone can not play with u again undecided
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by toogbasky(m): 10:38am On Feb 04, 2017
Menace2Society:
Cool down so someone can not play with u again undecided

Hahahahaha, dem nor dey play with me 4 recession period oooooo, maybe wen tins betta
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by Unak78: 6:23am On Mar 27, 2017
cstr55:
I have never fancied mancity as a club for him. The club is too plastic and need success as quickly as possible to justify their enormous spending.
Iheanacho needs a club like [b]Borrusia Dortmund [/b]or [b]Arsenal
. There, He is going to learn the technical aspects of the game at his own pace and become the great footballing maestro he has the talent to become.[/b]
Bingo. Those are the two best clubs in Europe for young players, Borussia being superior since Arsenal's youth strategy has always been in danger of not outlasting Arsene Wenger.

For Iheanacho, imo, his biggest weakness since arriving at the first team seemed to be his dribbling and first touch. He seemed to have lost confidence in both completely when he was doing both rather comfortably at the City 2 squad and U17. His first touch especially is telling and informs his dribbling struggles. If it were merely higher levels of competition, then his dribbling might go down but his first touch should still remain about the same when he is unmanned. It seems to me that he initially ran into trouble showing close control around defenders and lost all confidence in his ability to control the ball under any situation.

To me this is the biggest reason that he is struggling to impress Pep. Guardiola likes creativity across the pitch bc that's what he had in both Barca and Bayern. Technical ability is not the strongest part of the English game which is why I always bemoan the fact that Nigerians seem drawn to that league moreso than Germany or Spain. If you look at English footballers, only the elite can be considered to have deft touch and above average dribbling skills and none have been elite dribblers in recent memory. This is Pep's biggest issue with City as a whole. I don't think he's as great a manager as he's called out to be; he didn't create the system used at Barca and Bayern has won the Champions League the year before he arrived and none since. But he's used to a certain caliber of player who can create out of dire situations by holding and dribbling out of danger. Iheanacho had flashes of that ability but noone to teach him how to hone it. They developed him as an out and out striker and he lost that aspect of his game, perhaps forever...

If you look at what BVB has done with Dembele and Pulisic, they did not try to breed the creativity and expressiveness out of their games merely to fill a role. I'm not saying that Iheanacho ever had the natural dribbling skills as those two or even Iwobi, but he would have been put in a position there to use it to the best of his ability and become the best player that he could potentially have been. Now, I'm not so sure that this can happen. I don't know why African players can't get on at German clubs; is it a matter of not trying or no interest there? Isaac Success' ventures in Spain has potentially made him a better player than he would have been coming straight to England. Imo, his potential may not have been the same as what Iheanacho's was, but he has just about caught up to him.

Perhaps having a German coach for the national team could change this and Nigerian academies can gain connections to the Bundesliga pipeline, but Nigerian's themselves may not see this as profitable. Most Nigerians watch and have access to EPL matches. Those matches make more money in Nigeria, so clubs from England know that they can buy Nigerians and sell their merch whether or not they play them or properly develop them. There is no such incentive outside of England so their up-front offers will never match England's for Nigerian players. So it becomes a question of whether the player himself will [i](or can) [/i]make a decision for his own future or go along with the plan.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by Unak78: 6:30am On Mar 27, 2017
gazmann:
Thank God for kelechis goals. It has somewhat covered up for him. His link up play and his on the ball control needs some polishing. If his movement as silky as iwobi who has scored less goals in arsenal. He will be indispensable to pep. I hope he ups his overall attacking strenght
Iheanacho has good movement off the ball. If you look at his runs, he times them well and moves well into spaces behind defenders. He even often makes the pass thinking a few plays ahead to how the potential teammate will set him up for goal and immediately starts making that run. That's football IQ. He has that, and he mostly is a good passer of the ball. He just doesn't have the overall playmaking ability and that's what Pep values, players who can create off the dribble and one-touch pass without a break for long periods of time. He's not that type of players and hasn't been set up to be since his time at City. Moving now would help, but where he moves will determine how he develops. If he goes to a mid-table EPL team, then he's done. He'll be a target striker forever. If he wants to develop into a more complete player, then Spain or Germany is best. Even Italy would be better. Or perhaps Arsenal...
Re: Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
village peopl[center][/center]e @ work
[left][/left]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Athletes Representing Nigeria At Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022 (Full List) / Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona / CAF Congratulates Victor Osimhen In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.