Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,419 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:08 PM

Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition (39795 Views)

Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) / List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges / Latest Webometrics Ranking For Nigerian Universities July 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by SonOfEl(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
This post is fake. The original webometric ranking for 2017 goes thus:

1. University of Ibadan
2. University of Lagos
3. University of Nigeria
4. University of Agriculture Abeokuta
5. University of Ilorin
6. Ahmadu Bello University

OP check yourself o....
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2017
SonOfEl:

1. University of Ibadan
2. University of Lagos
3. University of Nigeria
5. University of Ilorin

OP check yourself o....
Pictures or.......

You know the drill na undecided
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2017
monex:

times and shangai are the recognised ranking. Webometrics uses web indicators only.

[from Wikipedia]
The aim of the Ranking is to improve the presence of the academic and research institutions on the Web
[/from Wikipedia]

Uniben was 1st in 2004 when it recently went online even though by NUC standards, Uniben was no 5.

If you follow the Times rankings, you will see that University of Ibadan is the best in Nigeria by a distance and the others are not worthy of a ranking.
Yes. The reason being that until Cybermetrics lab started ranking universities by their RESEARCH papers online, many institutions were not adding their journals to their university websites. Hence It was difficult for researchers to gain access to scholar journals, however when webometrics started ranking the institutions almost all Institutions started adding their journals to their university repositories...
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by mat2d6boi(m): 6:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
SonOfEl:

1. University of Ibadan
2. University of Lagos
3. University of Nigeria
5. University of Ilorin

OP check yourself o....
the webometric ranking your village people conducted abi, mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by piagetskinner(m): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
Unilorin has been playing recently...

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by omokab: 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
Nogodye:
Universities and Polytechnics ranking in a row! They ought to have make it separate...My opinion though
I like the way it was ranked together. This will tell that, some polytechnic are better than many universities as you have seen above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by SonOfEl(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
mat2d6boi:

If I should spit my venom on you now....they will say i have assassinated your family tree....
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Super1Star: 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
hardbody:

My problem is why God should create oafs alongside right thinking humans.

Now get lost and remain there.

Is that your best?
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by betterABIAstate: 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
My school is number 25, even as we discover potential drug for the cure if AIDS. embarassed
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by SonOfEl(m): 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
Super1Star:
5 out of the top 10 schools and 8 out of the top 20 are in SW. That translates to 50% and 40% of the top 10 and 20 schools in Nigeria respectively.

Na wa oooo. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

We can now all see why SW is the most peaceful and most developed part of Nigeria. No wonder some people always wake up every morning to run to the blessed land of Oduduwa that is flowing with milk and honey.

How many indigenes gain admission there? Go figure, majority of the non yorubas there are easterners. So dude, calm down and sip your juice with humility.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by SonOfEl(m): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
When you talk great alumni, you talk about UNN. check out the most recent celebrated alumni:
- Bennet Omalu, medical pathologist who discovered CTE.
- Aruuma Oteh, world bank treaurer and vice president.
- Peter Obi, celebrated former governor of anambra state.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by SonOfEl(m): 8:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
mat2d6boi:

Forgive me, I think I was initially misinformed. The OP is correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by tayo200(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
of d greatest ladokite...greattttt
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Mztadhee(m): 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ademoore07:
Na wa oo. I can't even find that my constituted authority university named LAUTECH undecided
Check again.. Number 16. Best state University in the country!
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
scholes0:
Webometric ranking is nothing.
aproko because ur skul no dey top list abi. thank God say my school dey number7
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Ademoore07(m): 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mztadhee:

Check again.. Number 16. Best state University in the country!

Stop the lies. I'm not blind undecided
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Sunak(m): 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
So my sch dey 31,
We try gaan ooo
AAUA citadel for learning and service
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by TheVictorious(m): 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
Statsocial:
The ranking is a measure of research relevance across higher institutions of learning across the globe.
Four web indicators are used to determine the academic value of research conducted by institutions across the globe. E.g the excellence indicator measures the top institutions in the world with the best citations/references from researchers/lecturers/scientist for the past four years. Currently, UI and CU has the best citations so far in Nigeria. It is important to note that Webometrics differs from Times Higher education ranking which employs a more wholistic approach at the ranking by using teaching, research, industry and international outlook. UI is currently the best university according to THE.

Good you explained. NICE WORK MAN.
But I've been seeing some ignorant comments here, don't think they read the post at all. NLers ehn.

2 Likes

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by bigK001: 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
UniAbuja on its way to d top!

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Withambition(m): 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
KingRex1:

Baba what past glory? I've seen nd heard a lot of people say this sh¡t. Do u think these schools were recognised in the past? They prolly weren't on any charts at all.
Who is your Baba? You better be frank with yourself ehn? Mr. "Suffering and smiling". For your information, my alma mater is at the top of the list but be that as it may, you want to tell me that the University of Ibadan of today has a better standard than University College, Ibadan that was affiliated to the University College, London? Then the economic recession must be seriously dealing with you! Did your parents or elders ever sit you down to relay to you what the University was then and what they enjoyed? Learn!
Besides, the computer system was not as prominent as this during that period, even for research so the issue of whether they were recognized in the past is relative.
Note that the mistake we are making is the failure to realise that webometric ranking does not translate to high standard of education to the common man just as increase in GDP does not reckon with a high standard of living of the masses.
Are you one of those that have been brain washed? "When you know your problem it is half-solved"! Don't you think it is high time we moved on, face reality and try to cope with what we have while trying to restructure the whole system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by MikeB3(m): 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
Flamezreal:
Ibadan poly is ranked higher than some university self shocked

May I know what you mean by your statement?!
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by KingRex1(m): 11:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
Withambition:
Who is your Baba? You better be frank with yourself ehn? Mr. "Suffering and smiling". For your information, my alma mater is at the top of the list but be that as it may, you want to tell me that the University of Ibadan of today has a better standard than University College, Ibadan that was affiliated to the University College, London? Then the economic recession must be seriously dealing with you! Did your parents or elders ever sit you down to relay to you what the University was then and what they enjoyed? Learn!
Besides, the computer system was not as prominent as this during that period, even for research so the issue of whether they were recognized in the past is relative.
Note that the mistake we are making is the failure to realise that webometric ranking does not translate to high standard of education to the common man just as increase in GDP does not reckon with a high standard of living of the masses.
Are you one of those that have been brain washed? "When you know your problem it is half-solved"! Don't you think it is high time we moved on, face reality and try to cope with what we have while trying to restructure the whole system.
Baba no one's disputing the webometrics criteria with you. This 'past glory' thing y'all talk bout is a charade people like you use to wail. The academic standards, achievements and recognition of these schools are way higher now than it was many years back.
My Alma mater always top the list, and I know bout the high standard of living of its indigenous students in the 60s nd 70s. Which was due to the fact that students were few and the naira had an ample value. Still this doesn't match its current level.
You were fat as a kid but slim as a man doesn't make the old you greater than the new you.. after all labour, achievements nd development over the years.

2 Likes

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by goldennugget: 5:55am On Feb 04, 2017
Was there a time UI was not number 1 in this webometric ranking? As far back as i can remember, Ui has been number in Nigeria.

http://www.tinyqualityhomes.org/tiny-house-tours-tiny-house-with-large-porch-and-carpeted-loft/
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by SonOfEl(m): 6:35am On Feb 04, 2017
goldennugget:
Was there a time UI was not number 1 in this webometric ranking? As far back as i can remember, Ui has been number in Nigeria.

http://www.musicblogging.org/

I think last two or three years, it was UNN

https://www.nairaland.com/2894333/webometrics-ranks-unn-first-nigeria
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Super1Star: 6:59am On Feb 04, 2017
SonOfEl:

How many indigenes gain admission there? Go figure, majority of the non yorubas there are easterners. So dude, calm down and sip your juice with humility.

Another of the many lies of Igbos. Show us proven statistical data that lay credence to your fallacy.

Is it not even shameful for your so called "non-indigenes" to be running away from their region and schools in their region and be attending schools in the peaceful developed and blessed land of Oduduwa?
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by gentleagu(m): 7:05am On Feb 04, 2017
lrdval:
Where is fedponek

Dat name sounds like a drug.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by SonOfEl(m): 7:10am On Feb 04, 2017
Super1Star:

Another of the many lies of Igbos. Show us proven statistical data that lay credence to your fallacy.

Is it not even shameful for your so called "non-indigenes" to be running away from their region and schools in their region and be attending schools in the peaceful developed and blessed land of Oduduwa?

Running away from where? Pls where is the most densely populated region in Africa? Dude, its the south east, so stop masturbπting. There are many students in UNN, UNIZIK, FUTO, MOUAU, IMSU, etc you name it. Even if you go to UTHMAN DAN FODIO UNIVERSITY in sokoto or KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCI AND TECH, majority of non indigenes there amongst the 3 major tribes are IGBOS. Pls don't cry just yet.

The very best alumni is UNN even in more recent times, and am yet to see any afonja who can prove otherwise. You guys keep deceiving the gullible with being the most "educated and sophisticated tribe"..... Chai.... Shame on inferiority complex!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by wayodude(m): 7:15am On Feb 04, 2017
Research abi? So you mean the likes of Ambrose Alli Universtiy and Benson Idahosa University have functional 21st century laboratories and not just the usual unlucky 50year old pickled snake in a jar.

Or maybe research finding in papers and publications by Ekpoma and Auchi Poly lecturers are now being referenced by academics around the world.

Too funny. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2017
wayodude:
Research abi? So you mean the likes of Ambrose Alli Universtiy and Benson Idahosa University have functional 21st century laboratories and not just the usual unlucky 50year old pickled snake in a jar.

Or maybe research finding in papers and publications by Ekpoma and Auchi Poly lecturers are now being referenced by academics around the world.

Too funny. cheesy
Apart from the top 5 in Nigeria all other Nigerian universities are crappy on research.you can check the respective world ranking of those universities you mentioned and see how poor they are. The fact that those universities rank moderately high is testament to the fact that Nigeria needs to advance on research.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by colossus91(m): 10:08am On Feb 04, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Greatest of the greatest of the greatest!!! Your head dey there
I rep the premier Univeristy!!
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Trulove4s(m): 10:25am On Feb 04, 2017
Physics/Further maths, Chemistry and yoruba teacher needed at St Mary's College Okoko. drop your Cv. immediate employment. For detail Call 08069466711
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition by Walelavender(m): 11:35am On Feb 04, 2017
[quote author=Statsocial post=53386212]
Strike doesn't stop lecturers from carrying out research.[/quote
I don't seem to agree totally. In a Varsity of technology, laboratories are very important in carrying out research. The last time I checked in, they were under lock and key.
Although, other non-laboratory-based research could still make a difference.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Students Sent By Jonathan To Philippines (Photos) / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee / 16 University Students Beheaded In Edo Cult War - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.