Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,044 members, 7,807,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession (31154 Views)

10 Things You Must Really Do Before Going Into 2018 - Fattkay / 10 Things You Should Stop Wasting Your Time Doing / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by tosyne2much(m): 6:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
[quote] In this quagmire state of the nation, life has now become so unbearable that the prices of all commodities have doubled/tripled up. People are now very economical as they no longer spend unnecessarily nor waste food stuffs

Without wasting time, below are the things you will barely find in people's waste bin during this recession

1. Burnt Foods

You can notice this when you want to dispose waste materials to PSP officials. Take a glance at the disposal carriage of their vehicles and you will never see any burnt food disposed by people. It's either you find biscuit nylons, sweet wraps, broken buckets, etc. This means that people now stay glued to the kitchens watching over their foods just to avoid a story that touches the heart. Even if the food gets burnt, they will carefully scrap the underneath of the pot and will still eat it.

2. Rice

Gone are those days when people used to throw their leftovers into the waste bins when they can no longer consume it, but recession has brought about changes, whereby, almost every citizen now has a peak milk tin used for measuring rice for a perfect gauge, considering the fact that a bag of rice can now buy plot of land in places like Mowe and Ibafo.

3. Spaghetti Nylon

The price of spag has now increased by 250%, therefore, only the rich can afford to buy it. In fact, the demand for spag has drastically reduced to the extent that many spaghetti companies are now folding up. To be very sincere with you, Tosyne2much has not eaten spaghetti for the past six months so how do you even find the nylon in my waste bin? Never!!

4. Empty Can Milk

Another thing you will hardly find in Nigerians' waste bin in this period of recession are empty cans of Peak milk, Three Crown, etc. The prices of these commodities are not smiling on youths at all. What you're liable to find are empty Cowbell wraps, Jago milk wraps and the likes. This is because people now settle for sachet milk rather than can milk

5. Condom Packs

This sounds very funny but it's very true. Most guys are now broke that they can't even boast of one square meal a day let alone three square meal. Guys now channel their little energy on things that will brighten their future rather than sex. Now that most states can't pay salaries, most guys are starving and they won't even have the energy to bleep a lady for 30 seconds let alone one hour. You will barely spot condom packs in waste bins because "na person wey chop bellyful go fit get the energy to satisfy ladies for bed nah"

6. Egg Shell

The last time I priced a crate of egg, I had to dish insults and rain curses on the seller thinking he wanted to scam me, unknown to me that a crate of egg is now being sold at N1, 100. Many people can no longer eat eggs anymore because of the hike as they now settle for mushrooms and kote fish.

7. Empty Noodles Packs

Empty noodles packs are the common thrashes you would find in almost every waste bin in Lagos but now, spotting empty noodles packs in waste bins has become a thing of the past. On a very serious note, finding a pack of noodles in waste bins in this period of recession is likened to finding a Nigerian politician that doesn't embezzle public fund.

8. Bournvita/Milo Cans

An average Nigerian student likes to buy beverages every semester but recently, recession has robbed many students of these things and barely would you find them in their rooms nor waste bins.

9. Corn Flakes Packs

Many students will agree with me that most ladies normally use corn flakes packs to decorate their rooms so as to intimidate their fellow students and visitors by positioning it on their trolly for them to see. But recently, people now use empty corn flakes packs to design their rooms even without anything in it. I once visited a lady last week and when she went outside to get me a chilled soft drink, I spotted a corn flakes on her trolly and wanted to eat some, only for me to find ridiculous things such phone charger, desktop and USB cable in it.

10. Sardines Cans

Before coming up with this article, I actually examined up to 15 waste bins as my case study, and to my surprise, I couldn't even find an empty sardines can in those bins. I known this is due to the fact that recession has escalated the price of sardines to N250

I drop my pen at this juncture

Feel free to add yours cool

Original Writer: Tosyne2much

Source: http://www.tosyne2much.com/2017/02/10-things-you-will-never-find-in.html

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by bunmiano: 6:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
The guy below me is clueless

FTC IN donkey years
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by wristbangle: 6:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
It's so bad that what you see now in dustbin are faeces, maggots, useless papers/nylon.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by McBrooklyn(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
Even one won't see common #5 people do throwaway before lying on the ground anymore... cheesy
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by McBrooklyn(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
cheesy
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by nightingalee: 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
Lwkm! You don join Lawma??

7 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by tosyne2much(m): 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
Lalasticlala, which ones can we find in your waste bin? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Nickymezor(f): 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
Nice one Tosin... So hilarious grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 6:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
OP I'm just imagining you. Stick in one hand. Blackberry Bold 2 in the other hand. Rummaging thru waste and refuse all over Lagos State. Searching for used condom and eggshells.

And when Bae asks you "How was work", you'll say "Work was fine." undecided

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Kowor(f): 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
Always nylon, lady care ti take over. Pure water nylon, bore hole dey reign. Body lotion.. Shea butter is the way. You can't even find suya nylon in my bin.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by AyamConfidence(m): 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
11) MONEY: Before we used to go to garbage dumps yo see if that big man or yahoo boy had any money they were not using again and throw away for poor boys like us but now we no dey even hope again because it seems they noe double check their waste bins to make sure nothing Is wasted

Buhari why na cry

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
Oya... I don show. Lalasticlala...direct to the permanent site. To contribute, there are many scarce things.
1. Sanitary pad. It seems most girls are now using foam and rag. Wash and use.
2. Hair. Gone are the days of girls using hair and disposing after a month. Now as they remove, na to arrange am nack am put again. The thing don even join normal hair de grow.

19 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
Nice
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
The struggle for FP is indeed real.
I still find many of these items in the dustbins of people's houses everyday.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by uncleabbey(m): 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
Lol. Nice one tosyne.. @Number 6 isn't true though. You don't know that guys use sex to blow off steam nowadays since they can't chill in clubs and bars...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by NnamdiN: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
This dude ain't affected. wink
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Bashirfuntua(m): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
ad
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Soljaboi44(m): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
This oga tosyne2much seff..
Hin own no dey pass ''10 things''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by auntysimbiat(f): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
hmmmm
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Hades2016(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
My brother forget matter people still da fvvck ooooo .... come my area make come see pack of condoms as e da for waste bin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Jeffrey12(m): 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
rotten Eba grin
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by datola: 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
A funny trash post.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by mccoy47(m): 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2017

5. Condom Packs

This sounds very funny but it's very true. Most guys are now broke that they can't even boast of one square meal a day let alone three square meal. Guys now channel their little energy on things [s]that will brighten their future rather than sex.[/s] Now that most states can't pay salaries, most guys are starving and they won't even have the energy to bleep a lady for 30 seconds let alone one hour. You will barely spot condom packs in waste bins because "na person wey chop bellyful go fit get the energy to satisfy ladies for bed nah"
Konji is no respecter of recession

10 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by amclimax(m): 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
i don't know about you but i have NEVER seen complete RILZA in our waste bin when i needed it most undecided
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Berbierklaus(f): 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
grin
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Julietcutie(f): 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
lol. grin
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by veacea: 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
Op

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by mankan2k7(m): 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
This is d extend d dullard has destroyed this zoo

#istandwithtubaba
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by sod09(m): 10:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
people will just come up wit 10 shits rubbish... nawa oo

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Never Find In Nigerians' Waste Bins During This Recession by Agimor(m): 10:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
Interesting. Ironically, every thing except condom pack is contained in waste nylon I just disposed few hours ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Sticks 68 Match-Sticks In His Nose To Break Guiness World Record / A Dozen Words Of Wisdom That Would Make You A Better Person / Chidinma Ogbonna MOUA Student Crushed To Death By A Trailer In Umuahia (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.