Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) (5540 Views)

Camera for just 40k SOLD..! / My cheap NIKON AND CANON Camera for sale / Help!! Please Whats The Name Of This Font (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by kingtappa: 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hello guys,

Good day to you all.

I'm looking to fully venture into video editing and would love to see suggestions on the best and affordable cameras available.

Thanks and anticipating your wonderful responses.
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by waleyp(m): 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
GOOGLE OR SEARCH JUMIA OR KONGA. BUT YOU MUST HAVE CORRECT CASH SHA. SO WHAT TYPE OF PHOTOGRAPHY DO WANT TO VENTURE INTO
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by kingtappa: 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
waleyp:
GOOGLE OR SEARCH JUMIA OR KONGA. BUT YOU MUST HAVE CORRECT CASH SHA. SO WHAT TYPE OF PHOTOGRAPHY DO WANT TO VENTURE INTO

I'm a novice on that part. I have googled some video camera specs but would need advice on the best to get.

To be specific on my budget. I can afford between 30k - 70k
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by waleyp(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
Am a learner too, but you have to google about the best camera unless you want to buy the one you will use just for practice
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by kingtappa: 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
waleyp:
Am a learner too, but you have to google about the best camera unless you want to buy the one you will use just for practice

Yes just for practice I guess. btw, I'd like to connect with you to share some ideas and problems. Thanks!!
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by waleyp(m): 6:32am On Feb 05, 2017
LOL WE CAN JUST SHARE IDEAS AM A LEARNER AS WELL. YOU CAN DROP YOUR WHATSAPP NUMBER
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by kingtappa: 11:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
waleyp:
LOL WE CAN JUST SHARE IDEAS AM A LEARNER AS WELL. YOU CAN DROP YOUR WHATSAPP NUMBER

+2347037240574..
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by waleyp(m): 6:40am On Feb 07, 2017
I WILL WHATSAPP YOU NOW
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by paste007(m): 7:35am On May 02, 2017
kingtappa:
Hello guys,

Good day to you all.

I'm looking to fully venture into video editing and would love to see suggestions on the best and affordable cameras available.

Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by Bigajeff(m): 12:38pm On May 02, 2017
kingtappa:

I'm a novice on that part. I have googled some video camera specs but would need advice on the best to get.

To be specific on my budget. I can afford between 30k - 70k

You are not ready yet if 30-70k is your budget. If you really want to join the wagon of quality video shutter even as an entry level you need a camera delivering HD. recommended spec of MOV output from your camera and in the line up are the Canon series like 60d, 7d,5D etc you can later upgrade to 4k,6k camera output. The moment you fumble with less than HD quality delivery for a client, your patronage will decline NCOs they will think that is your best. Quality is Video and what is what doing is what doing well even as a beginner. Talking from experience. follow on Instagram @bigajeff

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 08, 2017
Bigajeff:

You are not ready yet if 30-70k is your budget. If you really want to join the wagon of quality video shutter even as an entry level you need a camera delivering HD. recommended spec of MOV output from your camera and in the line up are the Canon series like 60d, 7d,5D etc you can later upgrade to 4k,6k camera output. The moment you fumble with less than HD quality delivery for a client, your patronage will decline NCOs they will think that is your best. Quality is Video and what is what doing is what doing well even as a beginner. Talking from experience. follow on Instagram @bigajeff

Hmmmm. You wan kill am? 5D ke. Na to go sell him father house be that o. Other cameras you mentioned fall under the "semi pro" range.

For start oo, he can get the nikon D3100 or D3200 or D3300 oo if only he will up his budget o. All the aforementioned do 1080p plus continuous auto focus while recording.
He can get the canon 1200D(lacks continuous auto focus during recording though) or the eos SL1 aka 100D or 600D.
He can get some products from sony like the Alpha a57, a58, or sony's mirrorless line like the a5000, a5100, nex 7 or 7 n co
Or Panasonic's micro four thirds cameras like the DmC GH1 or GH2.

These are entry level DSRL plus mirrorless cameras he can get below 200k.

Since he is new, he should be more pre-occupied with learning and putting stuffs he lrarnt into practise rather than looking for customers up and down to mess up their videos. Even with a 5D and no experience, he sure gon create a ton of craps!

Still learning sha. Proudly a sony shooter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 08, 2017
kingtappa:
Hello guys,

Good day to you all.

Scroll down and read my comment
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by kingtappa: 11:29am On May 23, 2017
Omagzee:

Hmmmm. You wan kill am? 5D ke. Na to go sell him father house be that o. Other cameras you mentioned fall under the "semi pro" range.

For start oo, he can get the nikon D3100 or D3200 or D3300 oo if only he will up his budget o. All the aforementioned do 1080p plus continuous auto focus while recording.
He can get the canon 1200D(lacks continuous auto focus during recording though) or the eos SL1 aka 100D or 600D.
He can get some products from sony like the Alpha a57, a58, or sony's mirrorless line like the a5000, a5100, nex 7 or 7 n co

Since he is new, he should be more pre-occupied with learning and putting stuffs he lrarnt into practise rather than looking for customers up and down to mess up their videos. Even with a 5D and no experience, he sure gon create a ton of craps!

Thanks for listing those camera specs and ranges. I'm working on increasing my budget up to 200k hopefully I'll get the camera in few months..

Also thanks for understanding that I'm still an amateur and haven't think doing the business part of it, until I have portfolio of my edits then I can asses my chances of collecting works from clients.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by kingtappa: 11:33am On May 23, 2017
Bigajeff:

Alright then, its good to be cleared on the budget side.. I'll take note of what you have said but one thing is certain now "I'm not interested in collecting works from clients".

Thanks for your advice!!
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 23, 2017
kingtappa:

Thanks for listing those camera specs and ranges. I'm working on increasing my budget up to 200k hopefully I'll get the camera in few months..

Also thanks for understanding that I'm still an amateur and haven't think doing the business part of it, until I have portfolio of my edits then I can asses my chances of collecting works from clients.

Honestly, you don't really need to start big. Just get an entry DSRL, mirrorless or micro four thirds camera that can do 1080p at lets say 24fps and can auto focus while recording.

Watch tutorials, practise, practise and practise!
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by DeepEyes: 12:39pm On May 25, 2017
Omagzee:

cool. Any links to anything you've shot lately.
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 25, 2017
DeepEyes:
cool. Any links to anything you've shot lately.

I have not really done anything meaningful with the Sony yet cus I bought it not too long ago.
There are some videos I made last year with my nikon bridge point and shoot camera sha. Don't know if you would love to see that. At least I can get a 1.5 over 1 million rating cus i am beginner too.
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by DeepEyes: 5:39pm On May 25, 2017
Omagzee:

I have not really done anything meaningful with the Sony yet cus I bought it not too long ago.
There are some videos I made last year with my nikon bridge point and shoot camera sha. Don't know if you would love to see that. At least I can get a 1.5 over 1 million rating cus i am beginner too.
Lol. Yeah wud like to see one or two. Tho Point and shoot can't do justice to anyone's video skills. What model of Sony did u get now?
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 25, 2017
DeepEyes:
Lol. Yeah wud like to see one or two. Tho Point and shoot can't do justice to anyone's video skills. What model of Sony did u get now?

It sure does. This particular point and shoot shoots 1080p at 60fps. Can you beat that? You can learn framing, composition, rule of thirds, 180 degree rules and some of these basic vidoegraphy concepts. I use an entry level sony mirrorless model( the Sony A3000 to be precise).

Follow the link on my signature.
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by DeepEyes: 3:36am On May 27, 2017
Omagzee:

It sure does. This particular point and shoot shoots 1080p at 60fps. Can you beat that? You can learn framing, composition, rule of thirds, 180 degree rules and some of these basic vidoegraphy concepts. I use an entry level sony mirrorless model( the Sony A3000 to be precise).

Follow the link on my signature.

Lol. I particularly like that one with the Buhari (sai baba) thing. Nice work, and funny too. Tho your cinematography was painfully basic- not bad- but basic. I understand u were shooting with a very simple camera, yes, but ur videos could still have come out a bit better if u had put in a little extra work in post. Nonetheless, good job. The Sony a3000 isn't bad (do u use kit lens?) so when do u intend putting out some new stuff, and where are u based? If Lagos, what part pls?

PS; try to answer the questions in order; most people skip questions in a bid to provide answers smiley

1 Like

Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 27, 2017
DeepEyes:
Lol. I particularly like that one with the Buhari (sai baba) thing. Nice work, and funny too. Tho your cinematography was painfully basic- not bad- but basic. I understand u were shooting with a very simple camera, yes, but ur videos could still have come out a bit better if u had put in a little extra work in post. Nonetheless, good job. The Sony a3000 isn't bad (do u use kit lens?) so when do u intend putting out some new stuff, and where are u based? If Lagos, what part pls?

PS; try to answer the questions in order; most people skip questions in a bid to provide answers smiley

I am even surprised I could get this level of positive feedback despite the level of crappiness of those video clips. I never expected this at all honestly. Infact, I had to beg most of those "actors" before hand, and because they were not being paid, the shakara factor came in. I used just one camera for everything, no tripod, no external mic, all shots were handheld. There was no sort of planning or whatsoever, I just came in with my guys after enough begging, point and then record.

For editing, I used corel studio x5. It's a basic video editor in my opinion. I got adobe premier pro cs4 last 3 weeks and it's 50x better than corel video studio. I don't expect anything good from the corel studio, you can't even color grade or place marks on timeline which makes it damn hard for synching video and audio.

The a3000 is dirt cheap with image quality that rivals prosumer level DSRL camera.
I will recommend it for both beginners and enthusiasts. I use the kit lens for now because E - mount lenses are expensive and just scarce. But the kit lens is just WOW in terms of image quality. Maybe I will look for an auto focus adapter which will let me use nikon lenses. I find the EVF and lack of external mic jack annoying nonetheless.

Well, there is this dude who is on my neck for months now. He wants to me to shoot his music video, although I lack pro video light and some other equipment which will really make his job stand out. Dude is so broke, I ain't even expecting a dime, but I really want to do it in order to gather more shooting experience. I plan to shoot it street style, that way, I can maximise my limited resources.

I am in Lagos, send me a PM for my precise location. I don't feel safe here, feds are watching.
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by DeepEyes: 8:46pm On May 29, 2017
Omagzee:

I am even surprised I could get this level of positive feedback despite the level of crappiness of those video clips. I never expected this at all honestly. Infact, I had to beg most of those "actors" before hand, and because they were not being paid, the shakara factor came in. I used just one camera for everything, no tripod, no external mic, all shots were handheld. There was no sort of planning or whatsoever, I just came in with my guys after enough begging, point and then record.

For editing, I used corel studio x5. It's a basic video editor in my opinion. I got adobe premier pro cs4 last 3 weeks and it's 50x better than corel video studio. I don't expect anything good from the corel studio, you can't even color grade or place marks on timeline which makes it damn hard for synching video and audio.

The a3000 is dirt cheap with image quality that rivals prosumer level DSRL camera.
I will recommend it for both beginners and enthusiasts. I use the kit lens for now because E - mount lenses are expensive and just scarce. But the kit lens is just WOW in terms of image quality. Maybe I will look for an auto focus adapter which will let me use nikon lenses. I find the EVF and lack of external mic jack annoying nonetheless.

Well, there is this dude who is on my neck for months now. He wants to me to shoot his music video, although I lack pro video light and some other equipment which will really make his job stand out. Dude is so broke, I ain't even expecting a dime, but I really want to do it in order to gather more shooting experience. I plan to shoot it street style, that way, I can maximise my limited resources.

I am in Lagos, send me a PM for my precise location. I don't feel safe here, feds are watching.
ok. Not sure I still have access to this profile email so I'll rather put my number in signature for a while. Message me on Whatsapp. Pls do that Asap so that I can retract the number from here. Also I'd like to hear the guy's jam. Is it dope?
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 29, 2017
DeepEyes:
ok. Not sure I still have access to this profile email so I'll rather put my number in signature for a while. Message me on Whatsapp. Pls do that Asap so that I can retract the number from here. Also I'd like to hear the guy's jam. Is it dope?

Got it! The music ain't ready yet o. He plans to voice it on Saturday while I roll camera during that process. Honestly it makes little sense to me, I wonder what that dude is up to.
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by tonyflash43(m): 11:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
go for Canon-EOS-1200D, check google for specs, price is about 150k, 1080p- 30fps
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by iamphilips(m): 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2019
MINT CANON D1300 and 18-55mm lens
8gb SD CARD
COMES WITH CHARGER
Used only about 5 times

WAYBILL AVALIABLE NATIONWIDE

PRICE #100,000

https:///2348102441916
Re: Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) by Chydobe: 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
“WHAT IS BEST DIGITAL CAMERA?”. You would also be able to have good options to choose from the list of Best digital cameras. Then, you would be able to choose and make one your best digital camera 2019.

We will also keep track of big events to announce some best buy camera prices in subsequent articles. Click on the link below and take part!

https://www.techlearnhow.com/2019/07/11/best-digital-camera-2019-buy-a-camera-from-list-of-best-digital-cameras/

(1) (Reply)

Have You The Voice Logo Design / DESIGNERS AND CLIENTS! Mini Guide On Having A Hitch Free Design Project / Kenya Enters Children's Animation Arena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.