Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction (6452 Views)

How To Deal With That Annoying Co-worker / Widow Turned Bus Conductor Relies On Weed To Deal With Lagos ‘agberos’ / 3 Ways To Deal With People Who Play Office Politics Against You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by Lautechgossip(m): 7:13am On Feb 04, 2017
You aren’t happy with your job. You aren’t passionate about it and have to drag yourself out of bed daily to work from morning to evening doing that job, either because you need the money to put food on your table or you can’t handle going back into the job market to begin the job hunting process again.

Jumia Travel shares 4 ways to effectively deal with job dissatisfaction.

1. Identify The Source Of Your Dissatisfaction
Try to find out the exact thing about your job that causes the dissatisfaction. Is it the fact that you have to wake up early to go to work? Is the fact that you finish work late? Is it the amount of your salary? Is it the fact that you have no time for yourself? Is it all these things and more? Figure it out. When you identify the source of your job dissatisfaction, it makes it easier to deal with.

2. Build An Escape Hatch
If you currently have no choice but to remain in a job that leaves you dissatisfied, don’t just give up and let yourself wallow in misery. Work to build an escape hatch for yourself. It could be taking part-time classes to get another degree or a master’s degree. It could also be starting trainings, attending workshops or writing exams that qualify you for certificates or degrees that can make you eligible for other opportunities in line with what you desire to do. The crux is to do what you can to ensure that staying in that job is not your only option.

3. Polish Your Resume
If you can’t take it anymore and staying in the job is depressing you, start investigating opportunities that you can explore, polish your resume, gather the courage and quit the job. The job market might be an uncertain place but you are not going to find a better job if you don’t look for one.

But please don’t rush into this. Think long and hard if this is what you want to do. Have a plan and a back up to support you in case things don’t initially go your way. Use your connections and don’t give up until you succeed.

4. Be Resilient
For those who can’t just up and leave their jobs due to certain responsibilities; for those who, more or less, don’t have a choice but to continue in their jobs, you have to be resilient. Be determined to find a way to make it work. Once you have identified the source of your job dissatisfaction, take steps to either solve the issue(s) completely or alleviate it. Consider who can help you in solving these issues and approach them. If in the end you can’t solve it, accept it (as hard as it might be).

But be strong, you have to be strong, decide to change your mindset about the job and find a way to make it work for you. You will be surprised that in the end, you will actually find a way to successfully endure the job until there is a silver lining.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/top-4-ways-to-deal-with-job.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by ojodombe(m): 7:23am On Feb 04, 2017
A good one indeed

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by Slipknot(m): 7:24am On Feb 04, 2017
Nice morning motivation.
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by KevinDein: 7:30am On Feb 04, 2017
Good advice
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by wonderiyke(m): 7:39am On Feb 04, 2017
Op you never work for Huawei Regional warehouse before.
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by sanusikebbe(m): 7:56am On Feb 04, 2017
Good advice. But what about the dissatisfaction caused by colleagues esp. the senior ones. In a job where those at the top dont want those below them to be successful, i. e they don't want them promoted. In addition they also cut their salary from time to time without tangible reason as if one is serving them and not the public. A situation where those at the top only look at their junior officers as a means of gain to them even to their detriment. In this case what will be the advice where the above problems and challenges seem endless?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by talkeverytime: 7:56am On Feb 04, 2017
Nice write up cool

Also read here: 5 Things to do to ensure your success in 2017" http://talkeverytime..is/2017/01/5-things-to-do-to-ensure-your-success.html
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by uvalued(m): 8:01am On Feb 04, 2017
Lautechgossip:

You aren’t happy with your job. You aren’t passionate about it and have to drag yourself out of bed daily to work from morning to evening doing that job, either because you need the money to put food on your table or you can’t handle going back into the job market to begin the job hunting process again.

Jumia Travel shares 4 ways to effectively deal with job dissatisfaction.

1. Identify The Source Of Your Dissatisfaction
Try to find out the exact thing about your job that causes the dissatisfaction. Is it the fact that you have to wake up early to go to work? Is the fact that you finish work late? Is it the amount of your salary? Is it the fact that you have no time for yourself? Is it all these things and more? Figure it out. When you identify the source of your job dissatisfaction, it makes it easier to deal with.

2. Build An Escape Hatch
If you currently have no choice but to remain in a job that leaves you dissatisfied, don’t just give up and let yourself wallow in misery. Work to build an escape hatch for yourself. It could be taking part-time classes to get another degree or a master’s degree. It could also be starting trainings, attending workshops or writing exams that qualify you for certificates or degrees that can make you eligible for other opportunities in line with what you desire to do. The crux is to do what you can to ensure that staying in that job is not your only option.

3. Polish Your Resume
If you can’t take it anymore and staying in the job is depressing you, start investigating opportunities that you can explore, polish your resume, gather the courage and quit the job. The job market might be an uncertain place but you are not going to find a better job if you don’t look for one.

But please don’t rush into this. Think long and hard if this is what you want to do. Have a plan and a back up to support you in case things don’t initially go your way. Use your connections and don’t give up until you succeed.

4. Be Resilient
For those who can’t just up and leave their jobs due to certain responsibilities; for those who, more or less, don’t have a choice but to continue in their jobs, you have to be resilient. Be determined to find a way to make it work. Once you have identified the source of your job dissatisfaction, take steps to either solve the issue(s) completely or alleviate it. Consider who can help you in solving these issues and approach them. If in the end you can’t solve it, accept it (as hard as it might be).

But be strong, you have to be strong, decide to change your mindset about the job and find a way to make it work for you. You will be surprised that in the end, you will actually find a way to successfully endure the job until there is a silver lining.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/top-4-ways-to-deal-with-job.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
andytins
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by BE811APP: 8:06am On Feb 04, 2017
OK... Thanks!!!
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by falakrajput: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2017
Superb. I really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really it is an amazing article I had ever read. I hope it will help a lot for all.

Govt Jobs | Bank Jobs India | Latest Railway Jobs | SSC Recruitment | Employment News Paper
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by creamylicious(f): 8:19am On Feb 04, 2017
as in ehn..... na so i annoy my boss yesterday .....query given to me since lastweek i nuh submit am.... she wasn't pleased ... i know it is dissatisfaction that made me carry out my frustrations on her... i am so regretting it
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by Pizzy01(m): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2017
Buy yourself at least a Can Beer... walk into the rest-room.... pour your self enough drinks... rinse your mouth & face... go back to your table /cubicle
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by eesdee: 1:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
on point
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by demsid(m): 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
nice article. this teaching job Im into now, I don't like it but I find it hard to quit cos they like me. d tin dey give me headache.
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by oluhyohmih(m): 12:27am On Feb 05, 2017
Nice points @OP..

Help an ideal microbiologist
The link to my CV goes thus....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoqAdQh2AVIc0k3OUtIYjA2d00/view?usp=drivesdk
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by falakrajput: 12:07pm On May 18, 2017
You have well described about deals with jobs..and i am very happy to read this info... thanks man

http://www.employmentnewsi.com

http://www.employmentnewsi.com/bank-jobs-in-india/

http://www.employmentnewsi.com/railway-jobs-in-india/
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by bodlandsystems: 3:15pm On May 22, 2017
MAY 27th 2017

career turbo charge {CTC} Workshop

Give your career a boost, attend a 1-day career turbo charge workshop where we showcase practical and globally recognized tools to boost career and personal productivity.
Workshop highlights:

ü Fundamentals of project management
ü Time management
ü Quality management
ü Marketing Strategy
ü Marketing Research
ü Creative thinking
ü Team management

The workshop will be delivered in an interesting and engaging manner by certified professionals.
Workshop Benefits include tools and techniques you can start using immediately to improve your performance.
There will be;

v Tea break
v Lunch break
v Workshop materials {Workbook and stationery}
v Support materials {eBooks of USB stick}
v Certificate of participation

Course Fee:N10,000 {50% Discount},was N20,000
Venue: 140, Borno Way, Ebute Meta, Yaba, Lagos.
Date: Saturday, MAY 6, 2017[
Time: 9am-5pm

For more information please call
Kunle +234 802 370 1151
+234 809 370 1151
bodlandsystems@gmail.com
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by albertsmith: 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
This article has addressed a problem that is facing a lot of employees. I hope that this article will reach out to a larger percentage of online users so that they can learn how to cope with job dissatisfaction. I will recommend the site to our employees who offer Data Analysis Writing Service. Thanks for sharing this article with us. I have found it to be very informative.
Re: 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction by affairscloud123: 8:53am On Oct 18, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again / How To Become A Motivational Speaker And Network With Great Movitational Speaker / From Mechanical Engineering To Marine Engineering How To:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.