Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,375 members, 7,781,051 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:05 AM

6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae (7541 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? / 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae / Including CGPA In Curriculum Vitae Or Resume, Necessary Or Unnecessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by kayceeinspires: 8:08am On Feb 04, 2017
A well written curriculum vitae improves your chances when seeking for a job, new position or appointment. Here are 6 tips for writing a winning curriculum vitae:
1. Basic Content
A curriculum vitae must include: personal and contact information; education and qualifications; work history and/or experience; relevant skills to the job in question; own interests, achievements or hobbies; and some references.

2. Presentation
Presentation is very important . A curriculum vitae should be well structured, carefully and clearly presented. It should also be printed on clean white A4 paper.

3. Brevity
Basically, a curriculum vitae should not be too lengthy. Just keep things short, simple and always use active English.

4. Skills
On your curriculum vitae mention skills you possess that can make you stand out. These may include: communication skills; computer skills; team building; problem solving or even speaking a foreign language.

5. Work history and experience
Always state the names of the organizations you have previously worked alongside with position/s held, job description and responsibilities. Do not forget to highlight your major previous work achievements.

6. Review
Review your curriculum vitae more than once and also give someone to go through it. It is imperative you try your best to make your curriculum vitae error free.

Feel free to add yours

http://kayceeinspires.com/6-tips-writting-winning-curriculum-vitae/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by kayceeinspires: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2017
Read more Motivational, Career uplifting, Leadership and Relationship building articles on our blog www.kayceeinspires.com
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by veginboi(m): 9:12am On Feb 04, 2017
kayceeinspires:
Send your resumes to info@kayceeinspires.com for a professional FREE review. Valid till 15th February, 2017

Thanks sir, I'll send mine
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by northvietnam(m): 7:21am On Feb 06, 2017
g
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by Limitless72(m): 7:22am On Feb 06, 2017
Cool..very concise but powerful...!!!
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by zealz4u(m): 7:24am On Feb 06, 2017
Ok
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by Benjom(m): 7:27am On Feb 06, 2017
Good effort OP.

Create clear and distinct sections that are well-defined so that once an employer picks up your CV, within 15 to 30 seconds, the message would be easily decipherable. This is what wins you a call-up for interview. By section, I mean:

• Professional/Profile/Career Summary
• Personal Detail/Bio-data (optional)
• Education
• Professional/Work Experience
• Accomplishments/Achievements
• Core/Key Skills/Competencies
• Training/Membership/Affiliation/Certification
• Referees (Optional or strictly ‘Available on request’)

The arrangement is relative to the strength of each section. The inclusion of 'State of Origin, LGA, Religion, etc' are now obsolete. Further more, your presentation must be catchy. You need power-words (word density) to give your CV a colourful and undeniable edge above several many others in the job market. If this is strictly adhered to, no employer will ever treat your CV with disdain again!

View Some CV Samples and how to get yours written like those here:

www..com/cv-sample-1/

www..com/cv-sample-2/

www..com/cv-sample-3/

2 Likes

Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by dapelua(m): 7:30am On Feb 06, 2017
nice topic....fp tins
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 06, 2017
Why don't we want to face reality in this world we are in. Policies are made by leadership of a country to create jobs or enabling environment for entrepreneurship to create additional jobs independent of government. Writing the best CV in the world can no give you a non-existent job. Since after independence, all we have been doing is running a mono-economy by selling crude oil without even developing the service sectors related to the oil sector e.g. refining, education in oil and gas, engineering, etc. All the money we generated from 2.2 million barrel a day have been used in buying expensive car that ironically the tires, valves and the paints are not produced in Nigeria. Where do you want the job to come from? Writing the best CV will not give you that job but rather, thinking and creating jobs for our coming generation will be a bit of a solution. CV is just a formality. Someone that want to give you a job can give you irrespective of what is written on your CV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by emmyreb(f): 7:33am On Feb 06, 2017
thanks
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by sleeknick: 7:38am On Feb 06, 2017
Y
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by Ezedon(m): 7:46am On Feb 06, 2017
Not in recession
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by playcharles(m): 7:47am On Feb 06, 2017
Triah
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by babatundepeter20: 7:48am On Feb 06, 2017
Just go and do copy and paste........you might get lucky.
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by generaluthman: 8:22am On Feb 06, 2017
wink
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by mayorwah98(m): 8:28am On Feb 06, 2017
kayceeinspires:
Send your resumes to info@kayceeinspires.com for a professional FREE review. Valid till 15th February, 2017
I'll send mine. Nice writeup
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by EmeraldChoice: 9:22am On Feb 06, 2017
You don't need a good CV to get a good job in Nigeria. All you need is the connection and you're hooked up nicely.
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by nenergy(m): 9:42am On Feb 06, 2017
Need a CV that highlights your skills, passes ATS screening and looks appealing to the human eye? See my signature.

Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by fromnigeria(m): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2017
Thats how the other day someone wrote and advised that hobbies, objectives, status etc are irrelevant and so should be scrapped.

For me, ivam tired of all you blogger writing for page views.
The truth is that if its stamped and signed by the most high whom you hunger and thirst for, Why wont you get the job even if you have rag on.

Everything is in Christ
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by palladin: 11:14am On Feb 06, 2017
So true op
That's why i recommend the app: CV Builder for Smart Resumes. It's available on playstore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hydraapps.cvbuilder.

It will generate CV's for you in up to 8 different professional templates. Just fill in the fields and voila. See screenshots below

Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by kentochi(m): 10:22am On Feb 08, 2017
kayceeinspires:
i have send mine please help me go through it thanks.
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by Charlieubochi: 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2017
OPEN RECRUITMENT!!!
Staffs required at PMC LTD.
A graduate with a minimum of 2.2 in any of the following
* Software engr.
* Software developer
* Business analyst
* Mathematician
* Security analyst
* Sales executive
* Digital marketing
* Service desk analyst
* Customer service Rep.
* Accountants
* Economist
Experience level: 0-2 years
Send CV's to workforceng2016@gmail.com on or before 20th April 2017.
And non graduates with at least elementary knowledge
* Security personnel
* Cleaners
Salary range: btw #40000 - #60000
Location port Harcourt Rivers state.
send CV's to workforceng2016@gmail.com or call 07031513680 or before 20th April 2017.

Forward to all you know, you might be helping someone
Pls share and tag someone who might need this.

Forwarded as received.
Re: 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae by writingpal: 11:01am On Jun 25, 2022
After you have applied all the advice in your Resume/CV. Let me help you proofread and review your work to eliminate errors; Grammar, Spelling, Sentence structure/flow and choice of words. Whatsapp +2348135305367

(1) (Reply)

Pss Limited Urgent! / NASIMS Test Portal For N-power BATCH C / Management Sciences For Health (MSH) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.