Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) (57462 Views)

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
switplum:
hmmmm !!!

from wat I've been reading, most pple want to just follow...dat we should not eat d blood from animals. u would agree wt me dat eating blood nd transfusing it via Ur veins is d same... just like taking drugs in tablet through Ur mouth has d same effect as taking d oral drugs via Ur veins.

now all the bible portions I've seen here... Lev 7:26, Lev 17:11-14, Acts 15:25-29 etc are written down FOR US TO KNOW HOW GOD VIEWS D BLOOD OF HIS CREATURES ( animals nd by extension humans). we would all agree dat BLOOD is sacred nd d life of an animal is in its blood.

I respect the stand of JW on this...

Stop using that drug is given by vein and drug taking orally as explanation for blood. Blood is not a drug and blood transfusion is not synonymous with eating blood.
The Bible said the animals have to be killed so God wants all creatures and by extension humans to be killed for sacrifice? And for their blood not to be eaten right?

Is it God's views or watchtower views?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

Acts 15:28-29 For the holy spirit+ and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols,+ from blood,+ from what is strangled,*+ and from sexual immorality.*+ If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”.
Deuteronomy 12:23
23 Just be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the flesh.
Mchew!
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 8:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Gen9:4 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

4 “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. 5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

6 “Whoever sheds human blood,
by humans shall their blood be shed;
for in the image of God
has God made mankind.
from the above it is animals meant to be eaten so your hAve to kill the animal first. Infact you are not supposed to kill a human being so where will you even get the blood to eat? I still stand my ground your doctrine isn't biblical. You can't take one verse and say it it is blood transfusion it is referring to. The human being blood donor doesn't die hope you know and the human being is not meant to be eaten
If its not meant to be eaten why should it be transfused when its still the same thing.

Elementary biology should have taught you that if you can't ingest food orally, intravenous fluid called drip can be used to pass liquid food into your system to sustain you.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

What is the end product of eating and transfucing, is it not to get into the body. Whatever will be of harm to you when you eat, it will be of harm to you when you transfuse

The end product of blood transfusion is replacing the amount of blood lost in circulation. Eating blood will never replace any blood lost in circulation. They are two different things

eating something will be of harm to you or have no effect in treatment of a disease it is never advised but when that same thing can be used intravenously and it will result in treatment of a disease trust me it would be used.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 8:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

If its not meant to be eaten why should it be transfused when its still the same thing.

Elementary biology should have taught you that if you can't ingest food orally, intravenous fluid called drip can be used to pass liquid food into your system to sustain you.

Your logic is wrong. Intravenous fluid drip contains dextrose which is provides glucose to cells that need glucose. Blood transfusion is replacement of blood lost in the circulatory system. Blood is not food
Blood is necessary for transport of oxygen and nutrients to organs that need them blood helps is excretion of waste products by taking waste from organs that produce them to where they would be excreted.

Total parenteral nutrition is giving nutrient via a parenteral route nutrients that contain amino acids glucose and fatty acids. For use by brain cells to produce energy blood does not produce energy it is a carrier mechanism. Blood transfusion is not thesame as eating blood. Blood is not a food and it doesn't produce energy for human consumption
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

What is the end product of eating and transfucing, is it not to get into the body. Whatever will be of harm to you when you eat, it will be of harm to you when you transfuse

The end product of eating food is production of nutrients like glucose amino acids fatty acids, vits and minerals for the body to be used as nutrient. Blood transfusion is replacement of blood lost in the circulatory system. Blood carries oxygen and nutrient to various sites where they are needed and carries waste from site where they a produced to site of excretion. Blood is not food it isn't a nutrient you cannot eat blood and expect the blood lost in the circulatory system to be replaced.

If a drug causes harm to you when used orally and this drug when used intravenously can treat diseases it will be given intravenously

Blood is not a drug.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by goldedprince: 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2017
no fvck given. those idiot are piece of cow shit. deeper life too
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Awoo88: 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

In a literal sense that Doctor Represent God and so we should wait for God to cure us
David eat unleavened bread meant for the priest without repercussions because the exigencies of the situation demands he eat. The only food available was the one for the priest. God gave brain for a suppose.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by mhizcovy(f): 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

@switplum.tanx for being reasonable
@musucally,iv gone through your explanations,twas very logical n concise,straight to the point! Nothing more to be added .don't waste much of your time trying to explain the truth to those whose eyes are blinded to the truths from the bible! Not all are rightly disposed to everlasting life and Jehovah knows those who belongs to him! He will draw such honest hearted ones to his organization;enjoy ur day dearie.# proud jw# proud advocate for God's kingdom- the only solution to mankind's problem! # the tym left is greatly reduced#

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by wandyvirus(m): 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
I am actually very close to this girl in question. She did not die as a result of refusing to take blood. She didn't die at childbirth. She died from complications arising from Hepatitis and renal failure. Her baby was born still birth. Please we are mourning and all this false hood at this time is inhumane.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Funkybabee(f): 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
useless doctrine she and her family just wasted her precious life for nothing even Jesus said anybody who u can assist do so she is ur friend
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Zane2point4(m): 9:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
benzics:
How foolish can religious people be? The doctor should have transfused the blood by force, let's see what she would do after a successful childbirth

Modified: though it's wrong, but if you can die for your beliefs, you can as well kill for your beliefs.. So you are a real problem to the society...

That's how suicide bombers are formed, they believe dying and killing for their beliefs are right, I see no difference here

Exactly what i told one of there memeber who hapens to be my frnd, i told them they are extremist, this is how boko haram is formed, too much strict religious doctrine.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by joinnow: 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
And what gurantee that if she take the blood she will live¿
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by fromnigeria(m): 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
Bumbae1:

Hmmm Tell them ..

That Doctrine is a very wrong one, What the Bible points out is, that Believers shouldn't EAT blood.
That doctrine is wrong.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
mhizcovy:

@switplum.tanx for being reasonable
@musucally,iv gone through your explanations,twas very logical n concise,straight to the point! Nothing more to be added .don't waste much of your time trying to explain the truth to those whose eyes are blinded to the truths from the bible! Not all are rightly disposed to everlasting life and Jehovah knows those who belongs to him! He will draw such honest hearted ones to his organization;enjoy ur day dearie.# proud jw# proud advocate for God's kingdom- the only solution to mankind's problem! # the tym left is greatly reduced#

Blood is not a nutrient and it doesn’t nourish the body. Blood is a carrier of oxygen and nutrients and a volume expander Eating blood and blood transfusion do not and will never have thesame effect. Blood transfusion is not synonymous with eating blood
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by tobiasbeecher: 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mynd44:
This is silly. Her church did not stop her from receiving blood, she herself did not allow it becuse of her faith. Her church did not force her to believe in those things, she did it because she felt it was right.

When will we learn to respect the faith of others and not try to pull them down? I guess bigotry is in a lot of us.

Mr man can you just shut up for once? Do you know what's indoctrination?
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 10:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
joinnow:
And what gurantee that if she take the blood she will live¿

Your reasoning is faulty

Yes there is a guarantee blood transfusion may save life. Blook transfusion may improve outcome.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
themall:
LIES SECTION
please what did i say that was a lie or are you a JW
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by mhizcovy(f): 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Blood is not a nutrient and it doesn’t nourish the body. Blood is a carrier of oxygen and nutrients and a volume expander Eating blood and blood transfusion do not and will never have thesame effect. Blood transfusion is not synonymous with eating blood

Pls don't quote me again.stick to whatever u belief,it can either make or mar u.i feel u subconsciously no the truth;if not now,maybe ul realize it in the nearest future if at all D's dying system of things will still stay a bit more.I do not engage in conversations with those who I perceive to be unreasonable.#the road to everlasting life have you found it?its rhetorical though.as for me,I'm more than sure iv found it.my only prayer is for me to remain on that path until my dying day.#voila!
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Adesiji77: 10:37pm On Feb 04, 2017
wandyvirus:
I am actually very close to this girl in question. She did not die as a result of refusing to take blood. She didn't die at childbirth. She died from complications arising from Hepatitis and renal failure. Her baby was born still birth. Please we are mourning and all this false hood at this time is inhumane.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by swagkingcole(m): 10:58pm On Feb 04, 2017
Madam/Bros Please there are Christians and there are Christians because we all believe in Jesus but when some people decide to add their own stupid thoughts to it, then it becomes a Problem..
Christians that don't accept tracts from other Christians and they claim to also believe in Jesus..

Abeg JW dey their own side.
analice107:

Pls tell them. She was an adult and knew what she was doing. It was her choice to choose death over blood. Her Church leaders weren't in the Hospital with her monitoring if she'd take blood or not, she just did what she felt was right.

I for one, believe in divine health. I don't take any kind of medication, not because my Church preaches it. It's not a doctrine in my church. I personally considers myself grownup in Christ so shd exercise my right over the physical realm.
If i face death but remain resolute, why shd my Church be held accountable for my demise?

Christians are the problem in the body of Christ.

They refuse to grow so castigate what they refused to learn.

For the last time, folks, "Death is just a passage". We live on.

Death is only a tragedy for those who are without Christ. Am not afraid to die.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 11:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
mhizcovy:

Pls don't quote me again.stick to whatever u belief,it can either make or mar u.i feel u subconsciously no the truth;if not now,maybe ul realize it in the nearest future if at all D's dying system of things will still stay a bit more.I do not engage in conversations with those who I perceive to be unreasonable.#the road to everlasting life have you found it?its rhetorical though.as for me,I'm more than sure iv found it.my only prayer is for me to remain on that path until my dying day.#voila!

Your religion is thesame thing as ISIS AND BOKO HARAM SAME PRINCIPLES govern them. Road to everlasting life ko ni. No be my business you do what you believe in. Don't give me toxic stuff to sell your propaganda. Be saying what is not written in the bible. If is by choosing death instead of blood transfusion is your road to everlasting life then you are delusional. Keep dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by aalangel(f): 12:02am On Feb 05, 2017
Oooohhhh....this happened to our neighbor when we were kids. What's the matter with these people?
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by mhizcovy(f): 12:14am On Feb 05, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Your religion is thesame thing as ISIS AND BOKO HARAM SAME PRINCIPLES govern them. Road to everlasting life ko ni. No be my business you do what you believe in. Don't give me toxic stuff to sell your propaganda. Be saying what is not written in the bible. If is by choosing death instead of blood transfusion is your road to everlasting life then you are delusional. Keep dreaming.

I won't stoop so low to exchange words with you#smh at your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Artistree: 12:28am On Feb 05, 2017
hahn:

You obviously know nothing of JW. They are ready to ban her for the church if she had done that. It is a strict rule in JW. Many people have died from such stupidity
Mynd44 is very correct!!!
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by lastpage: 12:31am On Feb 05, 2017
FlirtyKaren:
A Jehovah Witness church member named Peace Euodia has died after she had excess bleeding during childbirth and refused blood transfusion because of her faith.

According to Ossai Ovie:

RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE: Peace Euodia died of excess bleeding during child delivery, because Her church, Jehovah Witness Church does not permit her to accept blood transfusion.
Why will Jehovah Witness church not allow her to receive blood from someone because of church tradition.
Rest in PEACE EUDIA. COMBINED SOCIAL SCIENCE CLASS OF 2011 UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA has lost a rare gem. We will mourn your death together with your family. Adieu

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/02/jehovah-witness-lady-dies-after-refusing-transfusion-childbirth-photo.html

You people and mischief sha!

I am not a JW member but l know a lot of close people that are.

*They dont FORCE their members not to receive blood.... it remains a personal choice.
*She did not die because of not receiving blood.... a lot of people have survived without blood transfusion, she died most likely due to lack of adequate facilities and poor understanding of what it takes to stabilise someone without transfusing blood.
*Thousands of people, everyday, agree to be transfused with blood...... and still die! Do we accuse their church for allowing them take blood?

*Finally, since "transfusing blood" is like "eating/taking blood" (not different from injecting Cocaine, eating food or taking Drip), some people have decided to Obey God's word as stated in the holy Bible: "Thou shall not EAT BLOOD, it is the soul and it belongs to God"

THINK ABOUT IT: Many have, in the "wisdom" of trying to save their own life, decided to disobey God, and taken Blood transfusion.....yet they still died!
Does that not tell you that it is not your decision to take blood, that can saves your life?
But God is sure able, if HE wills, to save your life......and to resurrect you later, if you obey him to the end.

We should all be happy for this woman, who OBEYED GOD TILL THE VERY END!.
Her resurrection don sure pass...what about you?

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by lastpage: 12:34am On Feb 05, 2017
swagkingcole:
Madam/Bros Please there are Christians and there are Christians because we all believe in Jesus but when some people decide to add their own stupid thoughts to it, then it becomes a Problem..
Christians that don't accept tracts from other Christians and they claim to also believe in Jesus..

Abeg JW dey their own side.

So, "accepting tracts" from others is your best definition/identification of being a true christian? shocked shocked shocked

SMH sha!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by lastpage: 12:36am On Feb 05, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Your reasoning is faulty

Yes there is a guarantee blood transfusion may save life. Blook transfusion may improve outcome.

Stop saying rubbish!
Do you know how many people die daily in the General Hospital after being transfused? Just visit a G.Hospital one day.

You clowns just open your 'mouths' and say the next foolish think that runs out. angry

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by lastpage: 12:39am On Feb 05, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Did you read what you wrote! grin
It carries/contains nutrient that nourish the body......... it is not a nutrient!

Chai! Cheesux!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by branolistical: 12:40am On Feb 05, 2017
[b][/b]WHY DON'T JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ACCEPT BLOOD TRANSFUSION?
Both d old and new testament clearly stated to abstain from blood (Gen 9:4, Leviticus 17:10, Deutronomy 12:23, Acts 15:28,29) Also God views blood as representing life. (Leviticus 17: 14) So we avoid blood not only in obedience to God but also out of respect for him as the giver of life. In Acts 15:20, d holy scripture clearly stated dat Christian should abstain from blood..
And pls note, d decision she made was out of her Bible trained conscience.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hopefulLandlord: 1:02am On Feb 05, 2017
hahn:

Wait o wait o, wetin we come dey argue since. This is exactly what we have been saying na?

You really need to learn to read before commenting, we wouldn't have gone this far undecided

c: hopefulLandlord come and see ooo cheesy grin

I tire for am
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hopefulLandlord: 1:03am On Feb 05, 2017
DavidEsq:

I understand suicide means one killing himself, not through another, but by hid own hand. So wat wr u saying again?

there's something called "assisted suicide", Google it

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order / Reverend Oscar Mukahanana Commits Suicide As Adultery Leaks On Church’s Whatsapp / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Having Extramarital Affairs With Actresses (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.