Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,214 members, 7,807,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! (1039 Views)

1999 Siena Xle Going For Cheap@800k / We can help to Sell your Car! / We Can Help You Clear Your Desired Car From Coutonu Port To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Emperoh(m): 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2009
I need an Airflow Metre for my 2003 Volkwagen Passat, 1.8 Litre Turbocharged Engine
The car is misfiring and OBD Scanning Identified this as the problem.
How much does it cost and also i need further tutoring on how this thing works in a car!!
Who can be of help!!
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Fhemmmy: 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2009
I will call around when the offices are open to check how much it would cost and if it is available and we will take it from there.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2009
Airflow meter failures seldom cause missfiring in an engine---it may cause the performance to be quite flat, and the engine will be reluctant to rev as quickly.

An airflow meter adjusts fuelling by measuring the flow, speed and density of air being drawn through. There are two types commonly used in modern engines - hot film and hot wire. Both are sensitive to air temperature. The faster the air flows through it, i.e the more the engine demands, the more fuel is supplied. The ECU generally has inputs from 2 wires from the connector, one wire goes to earth, while the 4th is a 5 - 12V signal. There may be a 5th wire, which is for the intake air temperature sensor, unless it has a remote one within the throttle body.

The VAG 1,8T 5V motor will have 5 wires, worth making sure they're not broken. You can also try cleaning the hot wire, by spraying carburettor cleaner onto it. Do not allow the nozzle to contact the hot wire - it's very fragile, and all too easy to break. Allow to dry at room temperature, then refit, clear faullt codes, then retest. If it runs fine, you've saved yoursellf some money, if not, it'll need replacement.

If you have no joy getting one in Nigeria, let me know, and I'll be able to ship you one.

For reference, here are likely codes a faulty air mass meter may throw up:

16846 - Air mass meter (G70) signal too small.
16487 - Air mass meter (G70) signal too large.

Good luck!
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by sultaan(m): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2009
Here is the rule to a DIY OBD Scan.

Get the specific code(s),  not only the description i.e p0xxx
Then google the code and car model, someone wold have had the same problem and put the solution online.
OBD codes does not tell you what is specifically wrong, just the area/sensor out of spec.
My 2 cents opinion it to look at the wires for loose connection, or maybe your air filter system is clogged, or cracked so you're losing air flow.

So I googled it and I may have a solution, get familiar with this forum
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1608974
Your answer should be post #17.
figured out the problem, the hose going into the intercooler was cracked

It also very possible for your MAF to quit.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Emperoh(m): 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2009
Trust my people to give me something tangible!!

Siena
The car is not misfiring but revs irregularly
It can suddenly downgrade from Gear 4 to Gear 1 due to incorrect signal issue
I have asked at Stallion Motors for it but they say its unavailable. . . i am still looking at other option!!
Have a picture of what it looks like?
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2009
^^^ This is a VAG 1,8T 5V MAF:

Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2009
Siena and Sultaan

I am aware of the abundant of knowledge you both have about automobile. I have a plan that I have been drafting about automobile repair in Nigeria, but I don't know if there is possibility of me meeting anyone of you for candid advise. The only problem is I am not based in Nigeria.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2009
payless:

Siena and Sultaan

I am aware of the abundant of knowledge you both have about automobile. I have a plan that I have been drafting about automobile repair in Nigeria, but I don't know if there is possibility of me meeting anyone of you for candid advise. The only problem is I am not based in Nigeria.

I'm in the same boat - I'm looking into setting up a proper auto repair and diagnostic centre. I'm UK-based, but I'm sure something can be worked out. Interested in a partnership?
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Emperoh(m): 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2009
Siena:

I'm in the same boat - I'm looking into setting up a proper auto repair and diagnostic centre. I'm UK-based, but I'm sure something can be worked out. Interested in a partnership?

I hope u won't beat me to this. . . . people down here are really really yearning for a reliable auto mechanic and diagnostic centre
That is cheap, affordable but offering quality service. Fully computerised and of top tech
I hope we can partner if i don't have enough capital!!!
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2009
I won't step on your toes, Emperoh. Nigeria's pretty big, so lots of space.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2009
@Siena

I am based in North carolina, USA. I have exactly the same idea as yours. Partnership would be great!
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by german007(m): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2009
Siena:

I won't step on your toes, Emperoh. Nigeria's pretty big, so lots of space.

Very big indeed!
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2009
payless:

@Siena

I am based in North carolina, USA. I have exactly the same idea as yours. Partnership would be great!

Interested. Any chance of a quick email addy? You can remove it after 5 minutes or so, I'll save it and contact you when I get home.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Ramsky: 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
@Siena: Re conversion of trucks from RHD TO LHD.

Still awaiting your email. mine.adeotiy@yahoo.com
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2009
I am so glad to see how knowledgeable on the auto and all that and to wanna go to Nigeria and help in making life easier for our people.
Automobile is a passion of mine and i have always wanna look into how to make the best of it.
So if there is anyway i could come, i would love it.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by german007(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
Femi, Pls check your lincoln navigator post. Thanks
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Fhemmmy: 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2009
german007:

Femi, Pls check your lincoln navigator post. Thanks

Responded to you already.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2009
Ramsky:

@Siena: Re conversion of trucks from RHD TO LHD.

Still awaiting your email. mine.adeotiy@yahoo.com

Mr Ramsky, sorry haven't been in touch, will email you later on tonight.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by arsenal4va(m): 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2009
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 04, 2009
@Siena

I will look-out for when you are online before I post my email address. I had to change my email address one day after I posted it on Nairaland because I started to recieve alot of rubbish in my inbox from all these yahoo boys.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Fhemmmy: 5:56am On Dec 04, 2009
Siena,
Are you an Auto mechanic ?
I love ur knowledge of vehicles.
If there is a way i cld invest with you guys in this, i wont mind at all.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Emperoh(m): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2009
Fhemmy
WHo doesn't want to. . . . . . this is a largely untapped venture
The few ones around are for the big guys and are cut throat expensive.
I was particularly looking at something for german cars and European cars, cheaper than what u will get the Stallion Motors,
Globe and Germaine of this Country. Also incorporate Spare Part Sales and Probably some other consequential business!!

I am still doing my ground work. . . also a whole ot of our technicians need grooming on things like this
The few who are in the know of OBD issues and electronic analysis of Auto problems are just little and are making a kill of it
SOme guy in Festac is taking N3000 per scan on your car and in Enugu, its as high as 7k
So u can imagine. . . . .lets see how it goes. . .Am as passionnate as u are about cars and would do invest in it when the time comes.
I have even thought of being a Formula 1 racer. . . been studying on how to go into it
Anyone with an idea on that?

Arsenal4eva
Abeg where did u buy yours? Could you give me the link to the dealer if you still have it?
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Siena,
Are you an Auto mechanic ?
I love your knowledge of vehicles.
If there is a way i cld invest with you guys in this, i wont mind at all.

I am, yep.

It's early days, but let's see how things pan out.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 04, 2009
payless:

@Siena

I will look-out for when you are online before I post my email address. I had to change my email address one day after I posted it on Nairaland because I started to recieve alot of rubbish in my inbox from all these yahoo boys.

I fully understand how you feel.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by kautos: 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
siena i have realy learnt a lot from u about cars and hpe to learn more
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Fhemmmy: 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2009
Emperoh:

Fhemmy
WHo doesn't want to. . . . . . this is a largely untapped venture
The few ones around are for the big guys and are cut throat expensive.
I was particularly looking at something for german cars and European cars, cheaper than what u will get the Stallion Motors,
Globe and Germaine of this Country. Also incorporate Spare Part Sales and Probably some other consequential business!!

I am still doing my ground work. . . also a whole ot of our technicians need grooming on things like this
The few who are in the know of OBD issues and electronic analysis of Auto problems are just little and are making a kill of it
SOme guy in Festac is taking N3000 per scan on your car and in Enugu, its as high as 7k
So u can imagine. . . . .lets see how it goes. . .Am as passionnate as u are about cars and would do invest in it when the time comes.
I have even thought of being a Formula 1 racer. . . been studying on how to go into it
Anyone with an idea on that?

Arsenal4eva
Abeg where did u buy yours? Could you give me the link to the dealer if you still have it?

If the issue of trust can be fixed and dealt with, i think it will be a great idea for people to put things together and take care of the people that needed the service and truly work for their money and not just people that steal the money and cant afford to spend anyhow.
I will surely love to be involved in this kinda venture as long as we can be sure to give people what they want at affordable price and still be happy.
Siena:

I am, yep.

It's early days, but let's see how things pan out.

I am one of your online fans
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Emperoh(m): 9:53am On Dec 08, 2009
Fhemo
U don't really know how passionate am aout these thing.
Hopefully there can be some sort of Synergy and then launch. . . i am still working to get the cost implication!!
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2009
Thanks, Fhemmy. I'm sure Nigerians will pay for a decent service, as long as it's not over priced.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by kidsam: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2009
i can assure you of that Sienna, and i will be waiting for you guys too. Because very soon i will start using the bigger cars.
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by fokusy: 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2010
Guys

I am in also in the same boat as you guys. Based in Kansas City, US and have trying to research about starting up a modern auto repair shop in Nigeria.

I have some interesting ideas and findings. Let's hook up via email. Mine is fokusy@yahoo.com
Re: Fhemmy, Sultan, Siena Who Can Help With This! by Onwan: 11:08am On Jan 07, 2010
You need to understand that its not the complete assembly you need - What you have to buy is that electronic sensor/controller on it.

You should simply have it removed OR take a picture of the complete, go to Ladipo, ask for where they sell VW parts; there you will see lots of your complete engine and parts - Just select about 2 of it and you are done.

It should be about NGN3,500 highest.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Chevrolet Blazer 2005 / 2003 Honda Crv(reg.)4 Sale-----1.55m / 2009 Honda Accord For Sale SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.