Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. (27302 Views)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) / Please Help Appraise/vet This Building Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by metallisc(m): 8:59am On Feb 05, 2017

Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by recievesense: 9:03am On Feb 05, 2017
MatinoOnoja:
i thought as much, but i don`t know how else the Lobby could be re-positioned. please help if u have an idea. as for the store, i can remove it completely.

U can have a transparent ceiling

1 Like

Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by agarawu23(m): 9:20am On Feb 05, 2017
saydfact:

3.5 m can't build you this house thou - Even when materials were much cheaper, how much now that everything has gone up...

Budget more.
that's what I don't like about nlders, 3.5m will go a long way in this project. You ppl shouldn't discourage ppl. 3.5 will build, roof and do other minor things in this project.

Op, try another architect and get something better.

--- no guest toilet
--- wrong position of store
--- lobby isn't okay in that position

1 Like

Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by zzbrodah: 9:31am On Feb 05, 2017
talk2riel:

Visitors will share with the guest

The guest room toilet is not en suit. The design is meant to service the guest/ visitors. Averagely the toilets above 1.5m^2 , which is enough.

To me,its not proper.Rather the toilet should not be inside the guest room.Imagine a situation whereby your guest is sleeping or having a quiet time and your visitor is knocking in order to have access to d toilet..It shows that your guest do not have any privacy..My view anyway...
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by zikodem(m): 9:44am On Feb 05, 2017
D building plan is ok, but d little issue I hv is dat there is no visitor rest room, and also d store don't have an opening (windows) the store is supposed to hv an opening
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by talk2riel: 9:51am On Feb 05, 2017
zzbrodah:

To me,its not proper.Rather the toilet should not be inside the guest room.Imagine a situation whereby your guest is sleeping or having a quiet time and your visitor is knocking in order to have access to d toilet..It shows that your guest do not have any privacy..My view anyway...
The toilet has door D4 and guest room D2 there won't be a case of clashing in the toilet
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by MatinoOnoja(m): 9:53am On Feb 05, 2017
Paschy88:
The door to the guest room should be from the entrance porch. Having him go in from the dining gives him access to the whole house..
i intend my family members to also use the guest room when there is no guest. it may later serve as my Library.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Wristler: 10:06am On Feb 05, 2017
Enough has been said already.. ....My only take is that the guest room shldnt have access to the dinning room and the kitchen. You can have it's entrance in the entrance by the sitting room
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by money121(m): 10:09am On Feb 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Arinze86(m): 10:13am On Feb 05, 2017
Looks more like a draftmans work...u should go back nd vet the drawing well...u cant have a walkway striking across a plaour nd a dinning, and the store will b very dark...no ventilation...go bck to ur laptop...
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Pecca: 10:16am On Feb 05, 2017
xstry:
Its perfect.
I disagree. how is the lobby lit? the BDRM after the lounge is not cross-ventilated. no ducts...
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Ningi2020(m): 10:22am On Feb 05, 2017
No Visitors toilet, d guest room door shldnt b from dining, atleast their shld b a linkage door from d leaving room to other rooms direct. The store shld b repositioned to d right while d kitchen shld b by d left were d kitchen is if nt d store will b lackin a window. The ARC of d kitchen nd dining can also b station from inside d kitchen. well its a nice plan
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by 36STATES: 10:32am On Feb 05, 2017
I would like someone to help me model a villa in the village. Anyone that has the competence should contact me on kobophones@gmail.com, I will pay you for your troubles. It is an uneven land in shape, approximately 1850 square meters in size. I will forward the land dimensions if needed. ASAP.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Xz11z4u(m): 10:34am On Feb 05, 2017
I am not an Engineer but drawing is my hobby and I like to suggest something the entrance is good but the Guest room door should be in the lobby not at the Dinning and the Master bedroom should be close to the Living room the plan is alright but not the best...wish you luck
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Ningi2020(m): 10:36am On Feb 05, 2017
MatinoOnoja:
can putting some transparent blocks or a window in dat location a good option?
well to me d idea is just for him to move d kitchen to d left and d store to d right, while d ARC to d dining shld b within d kitchen
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by ekpesa(m): 10:41am On Feb 05, 2017
just downloaded the building plan. Thanks
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Brugo(m): 10:52am On Feb 05, 2017
A civil engineer did this? I'm disappointed
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by ArcFresky(m): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2017
1. Very dark lobby. Non-functional
2. Dining is too small naa
3. V.toilet/bath is too small
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by ArcFresky(m): 10:59am On Feb 05, 2017
36STATES:
I would like someone to help me model a villa in the village. Anyone that has the competence should contact me on kobophones@gmail.com, I will pay you for your troubles. It is an uneven land in shape, approximately 1850 square meters in size. I will forward the land dimensions if needed. ASAP.

I have mailed you.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by unipol(m): 11:06am On Feb 05, 2017
agarawu23:
that's what I don't like about nlders, 3.5m will go a long way in this project. You ppl shouldn't discourage ppl. 3.5 will build, roof and do other minor things in this project.

--- no guest toilet

My dear check the recent market prices. A bag of cement is now 2,400 and a trip of sharp sand is now 9,000. How can 3.5million be able to finish the building.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by PTNL: 11:07am On Feb 05, 2017
Bedroom 2 isn't cross ventilated while the lobby design or portion will likely be experiencing darkness. thank you. Not too bad in it all if you don't mind my constructive criticisms .
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by HolyTitus(m): 11:12am On Feb 05, 2017
OP, I love it; it's very cool sir
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Ifiegboria(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2017
I think it's okay except no ventilation for the store
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Reference(m): 11:40am On Feb 05, 2017
For a first house on a small budget its not too bad but you will have problems with the core of the building. The passage to the bedrooms has no direct access to the outside so temperature and more importantly light will be sparse leading to your fumbing with door keys every time. You know that feeling whaen you get back from church and you badly wanna pee but you can't find the damn keyhole. Boy that's not nice. Why am I saying so. No guest pee room and no barrier between guest areas and private areas so your room doors will have to be locked frequently.

Secondly Bedroom 2 and Kitchen will be stuffy and hot in the spring because they are core located and on the dead zone of most townhouses (side facing, perimeter wall facing), where the perimeter fence is just a few feet away and closer to the neighbouring building than front or back facing rooms. Most times the neighbouring building will have a kitchen located there and a verandah to go with it (Nigerian designs are all too similar) which means noise and air pollution. To solve this I will suggest moving the master bath to the outside of the building so the master room can retain cross ventilation and extending the passage to the back wall and installing a window there. Then Bedroom 2, Kitchen and store can be ventilated by internal windows and light into the passage as well.

Goodluck.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by sleeknick: 11:46am On Feb 05, 2017
MatinoOnoja:
i humbly request for professional and constructive critics from experts in this forum. my budget is 3.5million naira and this is going to be my first personal building project. the land is 45ft by 100ft, very flat & dry. my friend (civil Engr) used power point to make the sketch for me. he`s okay with my decision to seek more inputs from this forum. thanks in advance.

Baba gimme small tin make i run d 3D for u na
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by sleeknick: 11:48am On Feb 05, 2017
Reference:
For a first house on a small budget its not too bad but you will have problems with the core of the building. The passage to the bedrooms has no direct access to the outside so temperature and more importantly light will be sparse leading to your fumbing with door keys every time. You know that feeling whaen you get back from church and you badly wanna pee but you can't find the damn keyhole. Boy that's not nice. Why am I saying so. No guest pee room and no barrier between guest areas and private areas so your room doors will have to be locked frequently.

Secondly Bedroom 2 and Kitchen will be stuffy and hot in the spring because they are core located and on the dead zone of most townhouses (side facing, perimeter wall facing), where the perimeter fence is just a few feet away and closer to the neighbouring building than front or back facing rooms. Most times the neighbouring building will have a kitchen located there and a verandah to go with it (Nigerian designs are all too similar) which means noise and air pollution. To solve this I will suggest moving the master bath to the outside of the building so the master room can retain cross ventilation and extending the passage to the back wall and installing a window there. Then Bedroom 2, Kitchen and store can be ventilated by internal windows and light into the passage as well.

Goodluck.

Well said.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by jimbakey: 11:49am On Feb 05, 2017
increase the size of the window in the dining space and insert a high level window in the store to illuminate it.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
My friend I'm an architect. Go and employ the service of an architect and stop employing quacks.

If anything happens to your building you'll have yourself to blame. Use the right tool for the right job always.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by vRendoh(m): 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
shocked
Where the house girl room naw? Maybe the guest room....but e too far naw from the master bedroom. Put them close. .Sharp Sharp
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by keleto(m): 1:13pm On Feb 05, 2017
[You can equally send to me too. I need it much.
Raphdouglas@yahoo.co.uk

quote author=HarunaWest post=53430213]
This is a poor design.Lemme state my reasons.
1.Lobby has neither access to light or wind.
2.You cross ventilated a guest room,and in room 2 only one window was provided.
3.The position of the kitchen is funny.The orientation should be changed.
4.In this modern times,all rooms are built ensuite.
5.No guest bathroom.
Biko i know the engineer is your friend.But please reach out to an architect,let them draft you contemporary 4 bedroom design cos it might look fine in paper,but when they commence building,even you will notice the fvck up..By then you can do little or nothing to change it. You can drop your mail,i would sketch and send you the kind of Contemporary design you should request from your architect. Takia[/quote]
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
ediscuss:
Honestly I like the technical input of all the comments.
Please can Someone say something about the budget especially this period and times of economic torbulence?

I just dey look the OP...
My 3 bedroom bungalow has gulped abt 4 million from foundation to roofing (no asbestos yet)...

Plumbing
Wiring
Plastering
Aluminium Windows
Tiles
Burglary
Fencing
Pop and pvc

This short list above will cost abt 3million...

So the OP is dreaming o
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2017
agarawu23:

--- no guest toilet

Bros u simply know nothing or little abt how much building materials cost these days...

That house will cost nothing less than 6 million to flooring and tiling... (Low budget materials)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. / Damache Doors ! Lovely Security And Room Doors For Sale / 5 Dead, 26 Rescued In Ochanja, Onitsha Market Building Collapse (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.