Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:50 PM

Why Should I Blame Whom? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Should I Blame Whom? (3059 Views)

Why I No Longer Blame Nollywood For Their Graphics / Summary Of The Gods Are Not To Blame By Ola Rotimi / The Blame Game By Rebecca Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by kajsa08: 1:02am On Feb 11, 2017
continue joor cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2017
I quickly put on my school uniform, we both went out of the room shivering, Femi suggested we should follow the backyard of the house, he tried opening the door that leads to the backyard but it was locked, the only remaining door leads to the sitting room where his dad may be waiting for us, we summoned courage and decided to pass through the sitting room, Femi opened the curtain, turned to me placing his two hands on his head to indicate that "we're in soup", my eyeballs began to birth tears,

"If you two like, stay there till tomorrow, you will still meet me here agile and angry" his dad said from the sitting room, that was when I realized that we couldn't escape the punishment anymore, we entered the sitting room to meet Femi's dad holding 'koboko', the maid was kneeling before him crying her eyes out, God knows what that one did, I quickly joined the maid on my kneels, Femi joined us as well while we were awaiting the judgment that was coming upon us;

"Seriously, you came in school uniform?" Femi's dad wondered, he removed his eyeglasses and ordered Femi to start frog-jump without uttering a word, Femi was sluggish to the command until his father showed him the small cutlass he was hiding beside him;
"I gave birth to you and I have the money to take you to the hospital, so dont dare me" the calm but dangerous warning tone as he gestured with the cutlass like I AM WARNING YOU kind of manner sent some messages to Femi, the determination and seriousness all over him could tell what he was up to, Femi without wasting time began the frog-jump immediately as the man ordered the maid to lie on the table, he lashed her twelve strokes of koboko and threatened to arrest her if care is not taken, everyone else has received punishment except me, I was crying on my kneels like someone who is expecting death sentence, he shook his head and ordered me to sit on the sofa behind me, I could not believe my ears because I was not worth sitting down,
"You said?" I asked in tears
"I said you should sit down are you deaf!"
I rushed to the seat when one flight of double-mouthed koboko landed on my back, the pain that generated was like scorpion's sting, I quickly arranged myself on the cushion like an interviewee;
"What's your name" he asked, I didn't waste time in providing answer to avoid another flight on my back, he shook his head in disappointment when I told him I am a Christian which I felt ashamed,
"You're the type that bad-labels the innocent religion" he deposited another koboko into my body's account which left me crying like a small kid who suddenly realized his/her bad action;
"Daddy please, this will be the last time, I beg you in the name of God" I uttered in tears
"Yes, it must be the last time because the type of punishment I am going to give you here today, your parents and I must appear in court" he scared me the more, he went to the electronics set, detached wire from one portable speaker as he continued to talk to me, suddenly, he threw the speaker towards Femi whose response was "yeh!" The speaker had hit him hard,
"Did I say you should rest? Femi dont permit me to kill you! Just dont trigger the annoyance more than this" he warned deadly. I knew inside me that day that there were two things involved, it's either I leave that house extremely injured or I die there because the way the man was treating his son, he might kill a stranger like me. He turned to me again and talked,

"The fact now is that, I'll punish you. Now, tell me, how do you want your punishment?"
I was about to respond when the knock on the main door distracted us.
T.B.C
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by bliss2al(m): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
Nice one dude.. Now will u continue angry before u see a deposit of koboco in your body's account cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
Continues

Five

I was about to respond when a knock on the main door distracted us, I paused while Femi's father asked;
"Who is there?"
It was their gatekeeper's voice, he went to open the door for him;
"Sir, the person wey dey sell newspaper for you don show" the gatekeeper said while trying to caution the laughter as he saw Femi performing frog jump,
"Tell him to go" he responded almost screaming, the gatekeeper left the vicinity within milliseconds leaving the door still opened, the thought of running out came to my mind and I was ready to move if the man forgets to lock the door back, fortunately he left the door opened and went to meet Femi who seemed not to be doing the frog jump to his satisfaction, "it's either now or now" I thought and swiftly stood up and dashed out of the sitting room, I was already on the run, I was lucky the gatekeeper didn't stop me either, all I wanted was to get out of the house and face whatever consequence may come after, I picked a bike home, indeed it was a bad day for me.

Throughout the first term I was expecting Femi's father in either our house or school but the issue just went dead like that - my prayers anyway. I later heard that Femi's school has been changed to boarding and that was the end of our relationship, SS3 first term ended.

The first week of the second term was a total waste in my case as I appeared in school just once, who would know or query me when my mother would not stop travelling, she was more business oriented, she didn't even know how my younger brother performs in school, all she would ask is "do you still have money?" Thinking all we needed to survive was money.

A miraculously different journey of my life began on the first day of the second week of resumption when a new teacher was transferred to our school - Mrs Frank my Sunday school teacher then, fortunately or unfortunately for me, she was made my class teacher, the monitoring began, every step I made was being monitored in school and after school, she got to know our house, she chased all my friends away, I had to start changing friends to fellowship members to kill loneliness though I wasn't really comfortable with the SU girls, as time went on, I began to cope, I could feel the love they have for me and my wayward life changed to something seems better.
Mrs Frank changed me to what I didn't expect to become, having a boyfriend suddenly became a sin no matter who, maybe I've misunderstood Mrs Frank but that's what she literally told me, I felt the old me has gone as all things have passed away, there was a new Unice, I rededicated my life to Christ and became an acting-mother to my younger brother because our omo rarely comes home. The holy life continued and I must confess, I enjoyed it though many students were still doubting I was serious.

After my secondary school, I gained admission to one polytechnic where everyone would call me Jesus' mother due to my passion for Christ, no make-up, not earrings, it has been installed in my brain as SIN, I hardly shook guys, no guy would approach me and leave without being preached to, I was looking less pretty though due to my carelessness towards my physical look, well Mrs Frank said sinners only take their physical look seriously but children of God prefer the spiritual look.

I can vividly remember, only two guys wooed me during my National Diploma, one from the choir and the other from school fellowship, I without wasting time declined all in the name of I did not want to engage in sin and offend God, all I was fed with was NOBODY IS IN RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT COMMITTING SEXUAL SIN.

"When then is the right time to be in a relationship?" I didn't ask.
"How do I start a relationship that will lead to marriage" I wasn't told.
Anyone in a relationship among my friends then would be tagged a sinner and I would start to move away from them.
"Was I over-doing it?" Well... I didn't know and neither do I know now.

I finished my OND and opted in for HND in the same school, during my HND second year, I managed to date one brother in my church, I really loved him and his lifestyle, jovial and God fearing, after four months in the relationship, he would frequently say he wanted me to be more romantic which I would think he was being canal, he endured one month more before he called me one day and said the relationship could not work that way, he complained I sluggishly hold his hand for few seconds in public as if it were a sin, I prohibited hug like it were forbidden, I avoided every body contact, every discussion aside church programme was tagged canal, he complained more and ended the relationship that day, I felt the pain but I consoled myself by tagging him a devil which wanted to mislead me, Mrs Frank had already told me about them anyway, my single life continued till the end of my HND at 25, I've heard of five of my secondary school friends who recently got married in a grand style.

A whole me Queen-U, the romance pro back then suddenly found no man attractive again, as if I lost the hormones that control the feeling, well... I was still a virgin and I thought that was enough.
T.B.C

Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Okusi(m): 12:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
na that koboko go disflower her

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by gtin(m): 6:24am On Feb 13, 2017
Queen-U dis ur virginity don last oh, maybe God wants u to b a Rev-sister
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by bliss2al(m): 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
That Mrs Frank self..she's not a good mentor.. How can u teach someone only that bad side when everything has both good and bad sides..she herself must be dull not to use her brain undecided.. Op come and continue.. Thumps up though

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by AlamienDagash(m): 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2017
Now am in. nyc wrk nd tnx 4d mention buh pls try 2 update
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 11:28am On Feb 19, 2017
Continues

Six

I got a teaching job in one private secondary school after my HND, from home to work, back home, to church programmes, to prayer meetings and back home, that was all my movement cycle. I had only one friend then - Tomi, she was not the 'spiri-koko' type like me, she was the decent kind of 'jasi' lady, our friendship began during my HND, I met her among some ladies I concluded to be sinners in school then, I approached her trying to tell her to receive Christ, she proved to me that not everyone in such gathering is a sinner as I thought, I got closer to her and found her character Godly enough for me, she never discouraged me of my holy-holy lifestyle, we became good friends and dwell fine, she was even the reason I dated that guy that left me in my HND days.

When I was getting closer to 26, I realized that I needed a man in my life but I saw none forthcoming, I kept on praying without working towards it, how do I work towards it? I didn't even know. I quit my job when my boss, a married man asked me out; "Jesus! Sin from the highest order" I believed I would secure another job and I did through my pastor, I began to work as a secretary in one of my church's part-time pastors' law firm, a very God fearing and loyal man, I wished he were my husband but he was married.

Years after years, months after months, I am now 36 years old and single, (sighs), still a virgin!
In my journey from 26 to 36, I met series of men, both married and singles, even widowers and divorced men approached me, 80% of them are pastors, it is either I dont like this or that one requested for sex and that is an auto turn-off for me. I was shocked when a so called pastor, a single young man requested to kiss me after three months of relationship with him, that was the end. I almost lost hope along the line because I dont know what is wrong with me, I prayed to the last drop yet no miracle, my boss kept on encouraging me, telling me my Mr right would soon come, I keyed into it and so this man came;

Israel is a minister in one of the prayer meetings I attend, one day, he just called me after the programme and asked for my name which I responded well and polite, we exchanged numbers, he is a banker and also own a company, he is 29 while I'm 36, we got to talk where I explained to him how the current nation economy is hitting hard on me, how my boss pays late and how much he is owing, Israel suggested I go into business but I have no capital, he volunteered to take care of that pending the time he would get me a banking job, I began to feel like the luckiest lady on earth for meeting such a concerned man, I didn't care about his age, I began to presume he has wooed me even though he had not, I was not 100% sure about his intention or what he actually wanted from me, but what convinced me was 'which man will promise such without having a special plan for such a lady?' So I had faith that he was willing to marry me.

I was the only one calling while he picks rarely, he only discusses with me whenever we meet after church service, I didn't ask him where he stays so that he would not invite me home for rubbish, he kept on pressurizing me to get a shop and tell him the cost so that he'd pay, I was happy someone cared for me at last, everyone in the chambers (the law firm) was happy I got a man at last except the boss whom I didn't tell, I dont have WhatsApp on my phone, not on Facebook, I rarely visit the internet with the mindset that, that's where the sin dwells the most.

The recently employed chamber's accountant, Iyabo, happens to be my closest friend in the office suddenly, it was her fourth month with us in chambers, she was very nice to me, she is just 26 and also a daughter of very rich parents, whenever I complained about not having money she would give me enough, she doesn't depend on her salary she spends times two of her salary in 15 days, she gives me more than half of my salary sometimes before month ends, she was simply nice.
I got Israel after she joined the chambers, I used to think her good luck was the one that affected me, she would always disturb me to call Israel, she would tell me to make him propose to me as early as possible but I dont know how to do that and was shy to ask how, I later had a dream that Israel proposed to me, I concluded it was the Holy Spirit that revealed to me so that assured me Israel was my man, the problem began when Iyabo pressurized me to invite Israel to the office, it took me a lot of calls to bring him to office, he finally showed up one afternoon, after we've entertained him with drinks and all that, Iyabo wanted to excuse us but I insisted she shouldnt leave because I dont know how to maintain a conversation with men which I know Iyabo can talk even to the dead, I was just looking and smiling as Iyabo and Israel were flowing fine, I didn't know that I just brought a boyfriend to her, I dont even know how they exchanged numbers, to cut the long story short, Israel asked Iyabo out which she told me, instead of me to talk things out with her, I jealously turned it to quarrel and went ahead to reveal all Iyabo had told me about her stinking past to Israel so that he would lose interest in her and prefer the holy me, the virgin me, I didn't know that Israel recorded my voice and went to play it to Iyabo because she didn't accept his proposal, I got to know that Iyabo didn't accept Israel because she believed he was in a relationship with me, that was when Israel got angry that when did he woo me? Israel explained to Iyabo that he just wanted to help me and nothing more, I think when Iyabo heard of what I told Israel, she was disappointed that I that she trusted so much could do that to her, then she agreed to date Israel and she resigned from work. That's how I lost Israel as well.

I cried my eyeballs out, by now, I think someone or something is behind my bad luck, what is that I am doing wrongly?
I am 36 now and no man yet! cry
Aren't there some people living my kind of life and now married? cry
Is the virginity over-hyped or it is worth it? cry
Has Mrs Frank done anything wrong by changing me? cry
Is my mom at fault for not having time for me? cry
Am I at fault for doing what? cry
Whom should I blame for this my case?
In fact, why?
WHY SHOULD I BLAME WHOM? cry

Your response may safe a life, please respond and blame me where necessary. Thanks.

THE END.

Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 11:37am On Feb 19, 2017
Thank you all for reading.

As I said earlier, it's a true life story without any addition except some necessary subtractions, your response means a lot to the victim, please do advise her.

WRITTEN BY Ajibola Olasunkanmi Opeyemi
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2017
AlamienDagash:
Now am in. nyc wrk nd tnx 4d mention buh pls try 2 update

Now it's your turn to give your say.
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2017
bliss2al:
That Mrs Frank self..she's not a good mentor.. How can u teach someone only that bad side when everything has both good and bad sides..she herself must be dull not to use her brain undecided.. Op come and continue.. Thumps up though

Thanks.

What can you say to the story
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2017
gtin:
Queen-U dis ur virginity don last oh, maybe God wants u to b a Rev-sister
Lol
Maybe cheesy
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by bliss2al(m): 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hawlahscho:

Thanks.

What can you say to the story

The story was nice, though her situation is sympathetic I do strongly hold her responsible for her present predicament because she refused to weigh in on the mentorship of Mrs Frank.. Her mother too didn't do well because no matter how busy u r..u can't just abandon ur motherly role in your children's life..
She carries majority of the blame. I do pray for her.

My personal opinion though undecided
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by bliss2al(m): 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nice story. More grease to ur elbow

But wait O. P I was told you are single and searching.. Why not key in her direction.. shocked shocked
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
bliss2al:

The story was nice, though her situation is sympathetic I do strongly hold her responsible for her present predicament because she refused to weigh in on the mentorship of Mrs Frank.. Her mother too didn't do well because no matter how busy u r..u can't just abandon ur motherly role in your children's life..
She carries majority of the blame. I do pray for her.

My personal opinion though undecided

Hmmmmmm
Well said.
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
bliss2al:
Nice story. More grease to ur elbow

But wait O. P I was told you are single and searching.. Why not key in her direction.. shocked shocked

cry Haba! Sister cry
Fear God na cry

I should now go and become widower soon abi You're wicked

grin
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Mindfrick(m): 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nice write up bro.
But I want to blame her mother for all her misfortune, the mother should have create time to lecture her Daughter,
I don't want to blame the Sunday school teacher, what do you expect from her if not that.
lastly I blame queen for not sharing her mind with her mother at least she's her mother and also the Sunday school teacher would have enlighten her.
Thanks!
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 6:33am On Feb 20, 2017
Mindfrick:
Nice write up bro.
But I want to blame her mother for all her misfortune, the mother should have create time to lecture her Daughter,
I don't want to blame the Sunday school teacher, what do you expect from her if not that.
lastly I blame queen for not sharing her mind with her mother at least she's her mother and also the Sunday school teacher would have enlighten her.
Thanks!
thumbs up bro
I personally feel she chose to be what she is.
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by AlamienDagash(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hawlahscho:

Now it's your turn to give your say.
Wetin i go say
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by bliss2al(m): 1:01am On Feb 25, 2017
Hawlahscho:

cry Haba! Sister cry
Fear God na cry

I should now go and become widower soon abi You're wicked

grin

tongue... Kikiki. grin.i was just pointing u to d direction I thought u didn't know na.. Besides there's nothing wicked about what I said it was just a mundane suggestion cool cool
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by Hawlahscho(m): 7:26am On Mar 27, 2018
GeniusHawlah
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by kajsa08: 5:46am On Mar 28, 2018
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Why Should I Blame Whom? by GeniusHawlah(m): 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2018
kajsa08:
hmmmmmmmmm
What's your view ma'am?

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Signs That He Loves You / ¤¤¤enchanted!!!¤¤¤by Mprex / Must Be Nice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.