Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) (2040 Views)

BBC Asks Why Do Buhari, Dos Santos And Mugabe Go To Hospital Abroad? / Nigerian Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram, Garnish Their Jollof Rice With Snake Meat / We Didn't Import Rice In The Name Of Yeast: Master Energy Commodities Trading LT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Ovokoo: 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2017
This is a very germane question from the international broadcasting company, BBC. They made this know through their social media account.

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/nigerians-love-jollof-rice-yet-import-rice-bbc-asks/

https://twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/827258804555243522

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by oyetunder(m): 4:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
Well, we have given them the liberty to insult us. The British people has forgotten how their companies like 'shell' contributed to our problems. Yea, their banks helped our leaders to secure stolen wealth for years...and the best they can is to return the exact amount without considering the interests such monies generated deep into their economy. To some shallow minds, they will think I'm not making any sense by taking this stand against BBC, but considering the shallow education our country has to offer, I'm not bothered. The same Britons who are asking questions today ensured that most African nations are backward. They never allowed sound minds to rule when they were leaving. They handed over to the North...and all those African sharp minds that challenges them were hindered or even terminated. External influences cannot be overlooked when it comes to Africa Nations at all. Shameless people, till today, they are finding it hard to return those 'items' their fathers took away from our palaces. Stolen things which they proudly display all the time in their museums. Jollof rice ko, pondo yam ni. If not for our shameless leaders, how come this little island of colonial thieves would have the audacity to be insulting us.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2017
because foreign rice tastes better.
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Nogodye(m): 4:04pm On Feb 05, 2017
Because of Lack of security and funds
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2017
They're too lazy, they don't want to bear the pain of making their own rice to the point where it becomes even cheaper than the 8k imported they're dying for.
A consuming nation!

1 Like

Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by ChinonsoDike2: 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2017
They lack the intelligence and willpower to pull it off.

1 Like

Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by ITbomb(m): 4:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
oyetunder:
Well, we have given them the liberty to insult us. The British people has forgotten how their companies like 'shell' contributed to our problems. Yea, their banks helped our leader to secure stolen wealth for years...and the best they can is to return the exact amount without considering the interests such monies generated deep into their economy. Shameless people, till today, they are finding it hard to return those 'items' their fathers took away from our palaces. Stolen things which they proudly display all the time in their museums. Jollof rice ko, pondo yam ni. If not for our shameless leaders, how come this little island of colonial thieves would have the audacity to be insulting us.
Can't you see how you are insulting yourself?
A simple question which requires an objective answer is seen as insult by your low mind.
Why don't you reply with the efforts you have made to be self sufficient in rice and perhaps list the challenges and how you are overcoming the challenges

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by fowosh: 4:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
permit me to ask unlce fela
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Brown14: 4:37pm On Feb 05, 2017
Because jollof rice tastes better with foreign rice.
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by pweshboi(m): 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
we are simply a consuming nation... we need to start investing in our local economy and stop craving for foreign foods and products ... but still some people will still come and quote me and spill there epistle of ignorance. though total ban on those foods and products shouldn't be the solution for now but a high increase in tax of purchasing those products, with this we will be looking for alternatives which will be locally made and encouraged and when we are self sufficient in that angle then we can ban the total importation of such product.
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by OOOS: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
oyetunder:
Well, we have given them the liberty to insult us. The British people has forgotten how their companies like 'shell' contributed to our problems. Yea, their banks helped our leader to secure stolen wealth for years...and the best they can is to return the exact amount without considering the interests such monies generated deep into their economy. Shameless people, till today, they are finding it hard to return those 'items' their fathers took away from our palaces. Stolen things which they proudly display all the time in their museums. Jollof rice ko, pondo yam ni. If not for our shameless leaders, how come this little island of colonial thieves would have the audacity to be insulting us.
So you see that as an insult? Who! How is their fault that your leaders hide stolen funds in their country?
Ignore the obvious pls, I was drunk typing kind of cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by ModestGal(f): 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2017
The reason is because we are a Nation of low intellect, our leaders are very low intellectually, our problem is not corruption but low intellect, check what trump said, ain't saying he's totally right but it may be true kinda,we continue to blame people for our problems, blame whites for our problem, take it or not, whites are better than us,50years time,the people may still be blaming the Government, the Government will blaming the whites, etc,vote in another president and he will do worst, go to churches and mosques to pretend,may God deliver us

1 Like

Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by dplordx(m): 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2017
We import everything. Including religion and thinking.
Mental laziness and that's why we don't have several manufacturing icons or business progidies. Shoprite. Dstv, mtn are companies that Nigerians can't do without. Our rich men only flaunt their money to oppress the poor...now with the advent of istagram and social media, the youths have also gone mad. I mean now its all about pink lips, fake life style...big butts and lavish life style. We can't even refine our own crude oil. Lol. Talk about a classic case of people living in absolute denial and madness. As I rest in my sitting room, the only thing I can see that's made in Nigeria is woods in my room. Everything else is imported. What a useless 200 million people.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Ahmadgani(m): 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
Becos one of your clueless unrepentant colonial son in the person of lugard did a terrible job.
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by divinehand2003(m): 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2017
They lack...........
They aren't,..........
They can't. ...........

Are we not part of the so called THEY
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Gratia(f): 7:17pm On Feb 05, 2017
BBC e concern you?
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by biosepeter1(m): 7:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by omenkaLives(m): 7:33pm On Feb 05, 2017
cheesy cheesy

Naija and their rice..

Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2017
Because most of them are intellectual poor and hate to farm
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by mrvitalis(m): 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
We have a corrupt system that has made the non smart rich... They prefer to build Estate that will breakeven in 10 years or more than farming that can breakeven in a year and create more jobs....
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Adminisher: 8:38pm On Feb 05, 2017
It is wicked to be saying Nigerians love Jollof rice and be posting this picture. I am now suddenly very hungry .
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by obailala(m): 12:31am On Feb 06, 2017
oyetunder:
Well, we have given them the liberty to insult us. The British people has forgotten how their companies like 'shell' contributed to our problems. Yea, their banks helped our leaders to secure stolen wealth for years...and the best they can is to return the exact amount without considering the interests such monies generated deep into their economy. To some shallow minds, they will think I'm not making any sense by taking this stand against BBC, but considering the shallow education our country has to offer, I'm not bothered. The same Britons who are asking questions today ensured that most African nations are backward. They never allowed sound minds to rule when they were leaving. They handed over to the North...and all those African sharp minds that challenges them were hindered or even terminated. External influences cannot be overlooked when it comes to Africa Nations at all. Shameless people, till today, they are finding it hard to return those 'items' their fathers took away from our palaces. Stolen things which they proudly display all the time in their museums. Jollof rice ko, pondo yam ni. If not for our shameless leaders, how come this little island of colonial thieves would have the audacity to be insulting us.
It seems the only thing the black man knows how to do is blame the white man for all his woes. When shall we wake up and understand that spending the rest of our lives blaming, blaming and blaming others will not solve anything?
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Elnino4ladies: 12:59am On Feb 06, 2017
Because we are lazy ass
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 06, 2017
Ovokoo:
This is a very germane question from the international broadcasting company, BBC. They made this know through their social media account.

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/nigerians-love-jollof-rice-yet-import-rice-bbc-asks/

https://twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/827258804555243522

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

They are simply lazy.
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by rebranded(m): 2:53am On Feb 06, 2017
BBC teaching Nigerians Business 101
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Adminisher: 3:56am On Feb 06, 2017
dplordx:
We import everything. Including religion and thinking.
Mental laziness and that's why we don't have several manufacturing icons or business progidies. Shoprite. Dstv, mtn are companies that Nigerians can't do without. Our rich men only flaunt their money to oppress the poor...now with the advent of istagram and social media, the youths have also gone mad. I mean now its all about pink lips, fake life style...big butts and lavish life style. We can't even refine our own crude oil. Lol. Talk about a classic case of people living in absolute denial and madness. As I rest in my sitting room, the only thing I can see that's made in Nigeria is woods in my room. Everything else is imported. What a useless 200 million people.

Ol boy. You get sense die. I am really proud this is coming from a young Nigerian. You summarized the country's psychology well.

1 Like

Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 06, 2017
I wish Nigeria would become self sustaining as far as rice is concerned
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by KINGwax007(m): 4:13am On Feb 06, 2017
You need to ask them. Many of them are short-sighted and myopic. Chanting Buhari's name for hardship, caused by him taking he right step by banning all you can produce within. Same as he tried to do in the 80s.

Stupid people.

Don't worry, buhari will leave in 2019, and u can go back to your jolly importation spree as I've always been!

Producing nothing!

Yeye country!
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by koladebrainiac(m): 5:41am On Feb 06, 2017
Well its needless from BBC
Nigeria is doing that.we dont import rice again
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Horus(m): 5:45am On Feb 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7gX8DHvH34

Leaked Video: How Fake Rice is Produced then exported to African countries like Nigeria and Kenya

Most if not all producers of long grain rice in China are now resorting to production of the granules from plastic, a new report has revealed.

According to Spy News Agency, the plastic rice is mixed with natural rice for commercial exportation to African countries including Nigeria.

This type of rice was discovered to be largely consumed by Africa which also happens to be the continent with the largest Chinese rice consumption rate.

So far, experts say there is no scientific rice testing method developed yet to detect this artificial rice from the original ones produced at the various points of entry into countries.

Scientists are therefore being called upon all over the world to help avert the cancerous agenda being embarked on by some industry players to cause disease and death on mass scale.

Meanwhile, the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) is to begin checking samples of rice on the market, especially those from China and also to educate importers on the dangers of importing unwholesome food substances into the country.
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by Kingsley1000(m): 5:48am On Feb 06, 2017
our youths are lazy ......

is it the girls that post pictures of their nyash or boobs on instagram or boys that is always searching our an easy way to make money
Re: BBC Asks: Why Do Nigerians Import Rice Despite Their Love For Jollof Rice? (pic) by azimibraun: 6:02am On Feb 06, 2017
ITbomb:

Can't you see how you are insulting yourself?
A simple question which requires an objective answer is seen as insult by your low mind.
Why don't you reply with the efforts you have made to be self sufficient in rice and perhaps list the challenges and how you are overcoming the challenges
No be everything be money my brother. When I see post with intelligence nd decency like yours I feel like one who just made a million Naira. Pls educate these small brains on NL for me. See how in one single post you have been able to achieve what his many lecturers, friends and neighbours could not achieve in years. You just changed his way of thinking and seeing issues forever. He is a better reasonable person now am sure. God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do The Igbos Want ? / Throwback Photo Of Dino Melaye With Former ABU VC Prof Mahdi In 2000 / Jerusalem Vote: I Will Destroy Nigeria – Trump Vows;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.