Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Of Tuface, The Protest And Chickening Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Tuface, The Protest And Chickening Out (347 Views)

Protest And Killing Of Igbo In Bayelsa (video) / "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati / The Protest Will Still Go On Without 2baba -EIE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Of Tuface, The Protest And Chickening Out by thankgodeboh(m): 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2017
EVERYTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN AT THAT PEACEFUL PROTEST

I watched the regrettable video of Tuface where he flushed out several crooked sentences which were supposed to be the reasons why the planned protest which he was championing won't hold anymore. I could see with my clear eyes that he didn't really mean it. I could see his disheveled self and how the bones in his body looked like they were on vacation while he recorded himself, as though several unknown gun men were there to blast bullets on him had he not said those words to the camera.

I feel pity for him and I won't blame him that much. But this will mean that we won't take him serious in any activism whatsoever which he tries to champion again. It will be better for him to lock himself up in his room than for him to wake up one day and decide to fight for any minority or vulnerable citizens.

Nigeria promises to kill you; citizen or not. Nigerians are prolific and we are poor in calculations. That is why we don't get a believable statistics for victims of an epidermic or any tragic event. So, we are quick to reproduce and fill the streets with humans after thousands have gone to the world beyond.

This present government will incite violence during the protest which will lead to massive deaths which will be heaped on Tuface's head. They will use us against us. They are good at that. Period.

Definitely, Tuface was threatened. I find it hard to believe he was paid off. Because money settles a lot of things in this part of the world does not mean that for everyone who shuts up, money was handed in. No. Only The threats is enough to reduce you to a Child who is scarily afraid of a dark room. And because this government in power comprises of abusive, disrespectful and nonchalant evil doers, they could have said shameless threats to Tuface. And the poor man remembered his family and the many People who feed from his purse, and decided to back down.

Forget that People are disappointed and that they are grieved. Nigerians will forget him should he be killed. They will never dare be benevolent to his family if he were murdered. The best they would do is to protest that a statue of Tuface be dropped at the market square in his community or that his portrait be hung at a strategic corner in museums. And they are ready to hover around your corpse, clicking their fingers and slightly sliding their neck to the right or left. That is all.

But what government is threatened by an ordinary peaceful match. I mean, this is a scary thing to note. This country is in a long thing. Everything about this government in power is unbearable. Please don't blame Tuface that much. He is not ready to die like our past heroes.

Nigeria is an abattoir where humans are strangled without a touch of hand. Only the government's emptiness can strangle its People.
Re: Of Tuface, The Protest And Chickening Out by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2017
thankgodeboh:
EVERYTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN AT THAT PEACEFUL PROTEST

I watched the regrettable video of Tuface where he flushed out several crooked sentences which were supposed to be the reasons why the planned protest which he was championing won't hold anymore. I could see with my clear eyes that he didn't really mean it. I could see his disheveled self and how the bones in his body looked like they were on vacation while he recorded himself, as though several unknown gun men were there to blast bullets on him had he not said those words to the camera.

I feel pity for him and I won't blame him that much. But this will mean that we won't take him serious in any activism whatsoever which he tries to champion again. It will be better for him to lock himself up in his room than for him to wake up one day and decide to fight for any minority or vulnerable citizens.

Nigeria promises to kill you; citizen or not. Nigerians are prolific and we are poor in calculations. That is why we don't get a believable statistics for victims of an epidermic or any tragic event. So, we are quick to reproduce and fill the streets with humans after thousands have gone to the world beyond.

This present government will incite violence during the protest which will lead to massive deaths which will be heaped on Tuface's head. They will use us against us. They are good at that. Period.

Definitely, Tuface was threatened. I find it hard to believe he was paid off. Because money settles a lot of things in this part of the world does not mean that for everyone who shuts up, money was handed in. No. Only The threats is enough to reduce you to a Child who is scarily afraid of a dark room. And because this government in power comprises of abusive, disrespectful and nonchalant evil doers, they could have said shameless threats to Tuface. And the poor man remembered his family and the many People who feed from his purse, and decided to back down.

Forget that People are disappointed and that they are grieved. Nigerians will forget him should he be killed. They will never dare be benevolent to his family if he were murdered. The best they would do is to protest that a statue of Tuface be dropped at the market square in his community or that his portrait be hung at a strategic corner in museums. And they are ready to hover around your corpse, clicking their fingers and slightly sliding their neck to the right or left. That is all.

But what government is threatened by an ordinary peaceful match. I mean, this is a scary thing to note. This country is in a long thing. Everything about this government in power is unbearable. Please don't blame Tuface that much. He is not ready to die like our past heroes.

Nigeria is an abattoir where humans are strangled without a touch of hand. Only the government's emptiness can strangle its People.

Only threatened? Shakes head and walks out

(1) (Reply)

Now That Nigeria Is Crying For Us???? / The Hardship In The Land Is Killing, Labour Leaders Tell Osinbajo / When They Think We're Fools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.