Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation (8839 Views)

DSTV Tweet When South-Africa Beat Egypt Vs When Nigeria Beat South Africa / The 2019 African Cup of Nations draw concludes / Oshoala,Ordega Or Kgatlana Who Will Win African Women’s Player Of The Year Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by morereb10: 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
Cameroon came from behind to beat Egypt 2-1 and seal a fifth Africa Cup of Nations in a thrilling, edgy final. Substitute Vincent Aboubakar swept in the winner two minutes from time, flicking the ball over defender Ali Gabr and thumping it home.

It has been an exciting and entertaining games after games and it has come to an end today as Pharaohs of Egypt take on Indomitable Lions of Cameroon in the AFCON Finals. To most Nigerians, African Cup of Nation doesn't exist as Super Eagles of Nigeria failed to make it to the AFCON tournament.

Egypt led Cameroon with a lone goal in the first half, thanks to a tight angled shot by Mohamed Elneny but Cameroon over turned it in the second half to beat Egypt 2-1, thanks to Nicolas N'Koulou's goal in the 59th minutes and the dying minute goal by Vincent Aboubakar

More updates and photos below

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/02/afcon-final-cameroon-beat-egypt-2-1-to.html

cc lalasticlala dominique

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by morereb10: 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2017

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by grandlexuz(m): 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
This is frontpage worthy.. I tire for this nairaland sef..

*Modified
Finally this makes front page after taking forever. I had expected this to be on front page while the match unfolded. Unfortunately the only football match on front page was that of the EPL. The AFCON finals is the most important football event on our continent. As a Cameroonian nairalander I felt insulted the match was not given the status it deserved notably because Nigeria was not a part of the competition. I demand an apology from the moderators in charge..Lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by originalking1(m): 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
Congrats cameroon. My first front page since i joined nairaland. 2017 is indeed my year of breaking forth. All thanks to afcon 2017 and bubu wey dey enjoy for london. There will be after party at my house today to celebrate this achievement.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by morereb10: 7:36am On Feb 06, 2017
my able moods lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3 obinoscopy dominique

we no go celebrate Cameroon again? They have just won AFCON

abi na cuz naija no go the tournament ?

5 Likes

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by brunofarad(m): 7:40am On Feb 06, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS CAMEROON

GOOD MORNING NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by dessz(m): 7:41am On Feb 06, 2017
as I see dis post I dey vex cos where is 9ja.our NFF and coach no even make us go far in any tournament. sometimes I tire to call myself a Nigerian.it could have been our team holding the trophy.
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by tolexy123: 7:42am On Feb 06, 2017
Na because say Nigeria no dey the game... They should bask in the moment
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 06, 2017
Had no idea about the AFCON undecided
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by Emisco1(m): 7:42am On Feb 06, 2017
THE PORTUGUESE OF AFRICA@CAMEROON

my dear naija would have won with ease. but world cup on our mind. NIGERIA VS CAMEROON

1 Like

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by obembet(f): 7:42am On Feb 06, 2017
What next
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 06, 2017
Something that happened over 10hours ago.

1 Like

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by Jamiubond009(m): 7:44am On Feb 06, 2017
And BUHARI WRITES NIGERIANS FROM LONDON
HOSPITAL: Pellow Naijerians, You fiful are bely wukied, why
are you fiful fraying that I should die kuo? Ayam not even
dead yet, and all of you fiful are jubilating, then ip I die now,
you fiful will just turn za whole kwuontry to carnival na. I
was at za foint of death when I heard that za whole
kwuontry is jubilating that I am dead, I said "ah ah" I will not
die now so that you fiful will not be hafi. I even heard that
afostle Suleman said that Christians should kee my cows
and my herdsmen, you fiful should tell that afostle that ip
anything hafens to my cows, I will pinish him o. Por those of
you saying that ayam not pighting kwaraption because I
cleared Buratai, Dambazau, Amaechi, Kyari, Magu and
Babachir of kwaraption like a clearing agent, I want to tell
you something, they say "show me your prends and I will tell
you who you are" so ip I declare all my forlitical prends
kwarapt, won't you fiful say I ayam kwarapt too? Or do you
fiful think ayam not wise? I have told you fiful bepor, my
farty, za All Frogressive Confidence, Afee cee, is a farty por
saints, kwarapt fiful cannot be pound in my farty or
guberment. I want to seize zis ofortunity to call on za
National Assembly that ayam not coming back on za 6th op
Pebuary again because of some unporseen circumstances,
they should allow His Seselency, Za Pice Fresident op za
pedral lipublik of Naijeria, Frofesuar Yemi Osibande to
kwuotinue to act as za fresident fending when ayam back.
Yoowaa to za pew fiful who still believe in my guberment,
Isha Allah change will begin with you bepor it gets to me.
Lest I porget, Tupace is flanning to stage a frotest against
my guberment, all I can say to him is dambruba waka shege
to him and za pive girls he infregnated. Signed: Dr.
Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR ©2017 LAIR MOHAMMED
FOUNDATION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by cooljude(m): 7:44am On Feb 06, 2017
my only prayer was against Egypt winning it. I would have wished Senegal or Burkinafaso won this AFCON. congratulations to them. I hope sey dis AFCON no go give them extra ginger to put sand sand for our world cup campaign.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by Blinddock: 7:45am On Feb 06, 2017
Na now Una day know, Nairaland with to post news late.

Congrats to Cameroon, it would have pained me if Ghana or Egypt collected that cup.

1 Like

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by ukejeprecious(m): 7:45am On Feb 06, 2017
nice.. but e don tae na
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by DavidTheGeek: 7:45am On Feb 06, 2017
Dem try... congrats to them!
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by helinues: 7:46am On Feb 06, 2017
I missed the nation cup for no reason. Even though I had the chance
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 06, 2017
the person that pushes to front page has just woken from hang over. after how many hours of final whistle?

4 Likes

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by adonbilivit: 7:47am On Feb 06, 2017
tolexy123:
Na because say Nigeria no dey the game... They should bask in the moment
if Nigeria sabi why we no qualify? them be champions bro
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by aieromon(m): 7:47am On Feb 06, 2017
I'm happy for them. A very young team.

Nigeria should be very careful of them in the World Cup qualifiers.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by soath(m): 7:48am On Feb 06, 2017
And the mod slept off grin

2 Likes

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by enemmo(f): 7:48am On Feb 06, 2017
Na now day Don break for this mod abi?

Congratulations Cameroon. I'm glad you beat Egypt.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by Phi001(m): 7:48am On Feb 06, 2017
I no gree watch AFCON at all sha...
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by titsqueez(m): 7:48am On Feb 06, 2017
They did very well considering most of the players called up turned down the invitation because they want serve their slave master, the white man. For me those players should never be called up to represent the indomitable lions ever again epecially Joel Matip of Liverpool. Thank God Liverpool lost this weekend .

5 Likes

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by myners007: 7:48am On Feb 06, 2017
This trophy won will definitely boost their confidence against super Eagles in next world cup qualifiers. We need more friendly games before the match to keep us more consolidated as a team. Congrats Cameroun for a well deserved AFCON victory

3 Likes

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by directonpc(m): 7:48am On Feb 06, 2017
Later they go say Buhari slow.
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by Emperormartin(m): 7:49am On Feb 06, 2017
I support Cameroun winning cos prior to the tournament, their known stars dumped them for their respective clubs. Now the fringe players has done the unbelievable n HAD I KNOWN has caught up with those who declined.
Good Riddance!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by salawustyles(m): 7:49am On Feb 06, 2017
they are the champions oooo
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by wizkidblogger(f): 7:49am On Feb 06, 2017
Congrats. They might win the next edition too as host wink
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by Damilare6293: 7:53am On Feb 06, 2017
Indomitable lions Don get teeth again... I no go forget the ojoro hayatou do us for Ghana/Nigeria 2000
Re: AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation by Xzbit91: 7:56am On Feb 06, 2017
And the new afcon champions, introducing the indomitable lions of Cameroon!!! grin grin

Yaay, stand up for the champions

Thank Goodness black charcoal and Egypt no win, their problem too much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The New Real Madrid Star ‘mateo Kovacic’ Girlfriend – She’s So Pretty!! / Super Eagles Launch Glo-branded Jerseys In London / Good Lawd Check Out Serena Williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.