Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally (9913 Views)

Access Bank Plc Valuation Hits $242million, Ranks 2nd In Top 500 Bank Brands / First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) / Gtbank, Others Announce Early Closure Of Branches December 31 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Truth234(m): 4:32am On Feb 06, 2017
First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc, Access Bank Plc and the United Bank for Africa Plc have been named among ‘The Top 500 Banking Brands’ of The Banker magazine of the Financial Times and Brand Finance, London, United Kingdom.

In a statement on Sunday by the Country Representative, Nigeria, The Banker magazine, Mr. Kunle Ogedengbe, First Bank led the four other Nigerian banks in the global ranking.

As a result, First Bank was named The Most Valuable Banking Brand in Nigeria in The Top 500 Banking Brands.

With $301m brand value, First Bank ranked 357, leading GTB which ranked 395 with a brand value of $258m; Zenith Bank ranked 414 with a brand value of $247m; Access Bank ranked 476 with a brand value of $182m; and UBA with a brand value of $172m ranked 487 in the world.

According to the Chief Executive Officer, Brand Finance, David Haigh, the brand value is the amount a third party will need to pay in using the brand name.

As for the methodology of the ranking, the Editor, The Banker magazine, Brian Caplen, was quoted as saying, “Brand Finance employs a discounted cashflow technique to discount estimated future royalties at an appropriate rate to arrive at a net present value of a bank’s trademark and associated intellectual property – its brand value.”

He noted that the approach was used for two reasons: it is favoured by the tax authorities and the courts because it calculates brand values by reference to documented third-party transactions and it can be done based on publicly available financial information.

http://investorsking.com/first-bank-gtbank-others-among-top-500-globally/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Lifestone(m): 5:07am On Feb 06, 2017
Who Banking Brand don help. Nigerian banks are so selfish and useless to the people. Stealing people's money should not have led to good brand though.

5 Likes

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by mrvitalis(m): 6:28am On Feb 06, 2017
This people keep underrating us... First bank brand value less than a billion dollars.... Smh this people are high on cheap weed

1 Like

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by naijablood: 7:21am On Feb 06, 2017
VISIT "EXPOSELINE.COM" FOR ANSWERS TO YOUR SEX RELATED QUESTIONS, HEALTH ,GISTS ,AND TRENDING NEWS

http://www.exposeline.com/

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by powerfulsettingz: 7:22am On Feb 06, 2017
hello Nairalanders
Pls am a young man , am seriously in need of a job, either skilled or semi skilled, am an ND holder in estate management, i stay in Ogun state abeokuta to be precise.
Pls I really need this
Thanks.

This is my what'sapp and contact O7O 33266293

Pls help a man to survive

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by HRich(m): 7:22am On Feb 06, 2017
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by brunofarad(m): 7:22am On Feb 06, 2017
Nice one
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by sammychimex(m): 7:24am On Feb 06, 2017
Who all these banks EPP.

Me I still prefer my power bank

Anyways good one for Nigeria we are getting there govt or no govt.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by jonnpedro: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2017
Ma two banks are there, GTBank and Zenith, congrats to them all

1 Like

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2017
powerfulsettingz:
hello Nairalanders
Pls am a young man , am seriously in need of a job, either skilled or semi skilled, am an ND holder in estate management, i stay in Ogun state abeokuta to be precise.
Pls I really need this
Thanks.

This is my what'sapp and contact O7O 33266293

Pls help a man to survive
what's your qualification, please?

1 Like

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by theway83: 7:26am On Feb 06, 2017
Thank God,my Bank is among them.
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Limitless72(m): 7:27am On Feb 06, 2017
Why them go add UBA without adding Diamond bank...UBA bank wey dey Bleep up wella...Their ATM dey even get respect for other bank Card pass their own card oooo...Abeg where my diamond?,!!!!

2 Likes

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by powerfulsettingz: 7:27am On Feb 06, 2017
awelekiti:
ND in estate management
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Qmerit(m): 7:32am On Feb 06, 2017
awelekiti:

He said ND holder!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by passyhansome(m): 7:35am On Feb 06, 2017
What of Stanbic IBTC?
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by ollaxworld: 7:41am On Feb 06, 2017
what impact have they played on our educational institutions? Remember, No Nigerian University is among Top 1000 universities in the world.
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 06, 2017
Na every list Nigeria dey.....but still it's like we're living in another planet apart from earth. Imagine Nigeria without corruption and social vices; the sky would have been our starting point and not our limit.
Check all fields, medical,academic, financial etc. We are there, we excel in foreign countries and get trampled upon in our country. Smh.
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 06, 2017
Truth234:
First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc, Access Bank Plc and the United Bank for Africa Plc have been named among ‘The Top 500 Banking Brands’ of The Banker magazine of the Financial Times and Brand Finance, London, United Kingdom.

In a statement on Sunday by the Country Representative, Nigeria, The Banker magazine, Mr. Kunle Ogedengbe, First Bank led the four other Nigerian banks in the global ranking.

As a result, First Bank was named The Most Valuable Banking Brand in Nigeria in The Top 500 Banking Brands.

With $301m brand value, First Bank ranked 357, leading GTB which ranked 395 with a brand value of $258m; Zenith Bank ranked 414 with a brand value of $247m; Access Bank ranked 476 with a brand value of $182m; and UBA with a brand value of $172m ranked 487 in the world.

According to the Chief Executive Officer, Brand Finance, David Haigh, the brand value is the amount a third party will need to pay in using the brand name.

As for the methodology of the ranking, the Editor, The Banker magazine, Brian Caplen, was quoted as saying, “Brand Finance employs a discounted cashflow technique to discount estimated future royalties at an appropriate rate to arrive at a net present value of a bank’s trademark and associated intellectual property – its brand value.”

He noted that the approach was used for two reasons: it is favoured by the tax authorities and the courts because it calculates brand values by reference to documented third-party transactions and it can be done based on publicly available financial information.

http://investorsking.com/first-bank-gtbank-others-among-top-500-globally/
They even tried by ranking our banks so high. In my candid opinion, they don't deserve it. In western and many developing countries, banks are the backbones of their economy. They grant loans to entrepreneurs to boost their business with close supervision and collateral free. An Indian or a Chinese would come to Nigeria with one shirt, one trouser and a handbag consisting of his laptops and personal effects. By the time he's leaving Nigeria, he's rich in dollars. He relocates from Ikeja to live in banana island. Their local banks would grant them loan once they discovered opportunities at almost zero interest rate. The reverse is the case in Nigeria. If you're not a 'thief politician' , an oil baron or associates of bank directors, you won't get loan from any of our banks. They'd not say to you direct, that there's no loan if you approach them. But by the time they frustrate you with documents and requirements they know you cannot get, you'd find your way. That's why we're still this backward in Nigeria . Our banks are our worst enemies. You only hear them shout, when their associates, friends, politicians who borrowed from then without a single collateral have failed to pay back. Then it becomes non-performing loans. Then you'd see their adverts on from pages of the newspapers, telling the public their careless but deliberate acts. There are people with great ideas that could make them future entrepreneurs. They won't see them when in need of financial help to actuialise their dreams. If by chance such people become great, they'd start chasing them with cows and heavy Christmas or sallah gifts to woo them. We ran to gtbank for loan when we first started. They told us frankly that, they don't grant loan to finance LPO, bla,bla,bla. But now, they keep chasing us up and down. I promise myself they'd never get us. A friend in need is a friend in deed. We ended up patronising investment finance companies who granted us loan with at 6.5% interest rate, because we didn't have a collateral. They were just milking us for no reason but what do we do? We had to be smart enough to save by trying to discipline ourselves financially. It's high time government came up with stiff penalties for any bank who fails to grant loans to the beginners or SMEs because they're the economic drivers of every forward-thinking nation.

4 Likes

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by MrHighSea: 7:46am On Feb 06, 2017
Always the first because they consider customers first.
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 06, 2017
nonsense angry
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 06, 2017
powerfulsettingz:

ND in estate management
send your resume to imperialflavour@aol.com. Please mention estate mgt in your message header/subject for quick recognition. All the best
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by sephryneyo(m): 8:14am On Feb 06, 2017
I'm banking with the first three!!!
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by daywalker12911(m): 8:19am On Feb 06, 2017
passyhansome:
What of Stanbic IBTC?

Stanbic IBTC is Sandard Bank . They are bigger than all these Banks combined.
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by robosky02(m): 8:24am On Feb 06, 2017
good one

one has survived 2 world wars and 1 civil war

yet standing strong on big toes grin grin

1 Like

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by powerfulsettingz: 8:26am On Feb 06, 2017
awelekiti:
send your resume to imperialflavour@aol.com. Please mention estate mgt in your message header/subject for quick recognition. All the best
Pls where are they located?
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by richard870(m): 8:41am On Feb 06, 2017
Sounds funny to me cheesy cheesy. None of these banks is even up to Diddy, Jay-z, Floyd mayweather's networth cry

I need to leave this country ASAP!
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Truth234(m): 8:52am On Feb 06, 2017
awelekiti:
They even tried by ranking our banks so high. In my candid opinion, they don't deserve it. In western and many developing countries, banks are the backbones of their economy. They grant loans to entrepreneurs to boost their business with close supervision and collateral free. An Indian or a Chinese would come to Nigeria with one shirt, one trouser and a handbag consisting of his laptops and personal effects. By the time he's leaving Nigeria, he's rich in dollars. He relocates from Ikeja to live in banana island. Their local banks would grant them loan once they discovered opportunities at almost zero interest rate. The reverse is the case in Nigeria. If you're not a 'thief politician' , an oil baron or associates of bank directors, you won't get loan from any of our banks. They'd not say to you direct, that there's no loan if you approach them. But by the time they frustrate you with documents and requirements they know you cannot get, you'd find your way. That's why we're still this backward in Nigeria . Our banks are our worst enemies. You only hear them shout, when their associates, friends, politicians who borrowed from then without a single collateral have failed to pay back. Then it becomes non-performing loans. Then you'd see their adverts on from pages of the newspapers, telling the public their careless but deliberate acts. There are people with great ideas that could make them future entrepreneurs. They won't see them when in need of financial help to actuialise their dreams. If by chance such people become great, they'd start chasing them with cows and heavy Christmas or sallah gifts to woo them. We ran to gtbank for loan when we first started. They told us frankly that, they don't grant loan to finance LPO, bla,bla,bla. But now, they keep chasing us up and down. I promise myself they'd never get us. A friend in need is a friend in deed. We ended up patronising investment finance companies who granted us loan with at 6.5% interest rate, because we didn't have a collateral. They were just milking us for no reason but what do we do? We had to be smart enough to save by trying to discipline ourselves financially. It's high time government came up with stiff penalties for any bank who fails to grant loans to the beginners or SMEs because they're the economic drivers of every forward-thinking nation.

It is not their bank, its government monetary policy that allows their bank gives cheap loans or interest-free loan to businesses. The problem lies with the Central Bank of Nigeria, not the bank. For instance, let CBN institute an interest-free loan like the European Central Bank and Bank of Japan if manufacturing sector and unemployment rate won't take a huge hit. It's our rigid fiscal and monetary policy.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by tundejoseph4(m): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2017
powerfulsettingz:

Pls where are they located?
. Sambisa, but well paid

1 Like

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by willian10: 9:30am On Feb 06, 2017
ollaxworld:
what impact have they played on our educational institutions? Remember, No Nigerian University is among Top 1000 universities in the world.
U look pained sir, they should use their investments on Nigerian Universities? Because they're are Government organisation?, Even charity foundation doesn't sponsor universities.
Tho, some private universities like Igbinedion n ABUAD, some banks build hostel for them.
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by ollaxworld: 9:58am On Feb 06, 2017
Can you read yourself at all? read the last line of your comment, brov

willian10:

U look pained sir, they should use their investments on Nigerian Universities? Because they're are Government organisation?, Even charity foundation doesn't sponsor universities.
Tho, some private universities like Igbinedion n ABUAD, some banks build hostel for them.
Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2017
Truth234:

It is not their bank, its government monetary policy that allows their bank gives cheap loans or interest-free loan to businesses. The problem lies with the Central Bank of Nigeria, not the bank. For instance, let CBN institute an interest-free loan like the European Central Bank and Bank of Japan if manufacturing sector and unemployment rate won't take a huge hit. It's our rigid fiscal and monetary policy.
I got your point. I also mentioned it in my post. But our banks are still to blame in part. Did you know our banks go against the CBN's policies most of the time? They favour their associates in granting loans, even with no collateral. We encountered something strange last September. CBN came up with a policy called futures funds. They give forex to commercial banks upon availability, to fund the companies who had bidded for forex through LCs(letter of credits) to pay for their goods . As the CBN was releasing those forex to take care of those queuing for forex at the various commercial banks, the commercial banks were diverting it to assist their cronies. We had to threaten our bank before they considered us as we had been on queue for too long. I still blame our banks for our economic woes. I'm aware the government wants to make the system work(though they've not done enough). Another example, the federal government through the cbn made a policy which regulates the sale of forex to BDCs. Did you know those forex allotments were diverted into the bdcs owned by the commercial banks' directors? Our banks are not trying.

1 Like

Re: First Bank, Gtbank, Others Among Top 500 Globally by saudyarmani(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2017
You need to get binoculars....cos am suprised at the question u asked....if u don't understand english..then translate to the language you undy.... sad
awelekiti:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whatsapp Bulk Sender Free Download And How To Use / High Quality Imported Branded Polo T-shirts. / Is A Customer Always Right ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.