Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

How To I Start A Farming Business Here In Lagos - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To I Start A Farming Business Here In Lagos (694 Views)

The Agriculture Revolution In The Niger Delta: The Story Of A Farming General / Pls I Need A Farming Job In Ph / A Partner Needed To Commence A Farming Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To I Start A Farming Business Here In Lagos by ZiziAdeola: 11:57am On Feb 06, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,
I'm new here. I'm a fresh graduate who has just completed her NYSC program and instead of staying idle (since the job hunting things hasn't clicked yet),I want to go into agriculture and I have fews questions to ask and I assume I would gt helpful answers here.
1) How do I start a farming business?
2) where are the best places here in Nigeria I could get a good farmland?
3) I've heard about some initiatives even the FG giving out loans to farmers and since I'm a fresh man in the business,do you all think I'm eligible for it?
Thanks
Re: How To I Start A Farming Business Here In Lagos by sirwalex77(m): 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
@ farm management consultany, we will teach u hw to get started...inbox us @ www.facebook.com/farmmanagementconsultancy
Re: How To I Start A Farming Business Here In Lagos by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2017
Do you have start up capital, well you can start with marketing the farm product first,example egg distribution if you hope to start a poultry,as for getting farm land they are many advert on nairaland ,problem os most of them are virgin land aka thick forest with no infrastructure. So u probably need to go to the State Ministry of Agriculture if they have designated farm settlement.In Nigeria I hear Benue ,Oyo and Osun are good place to start,but for Lagos you might need to go to Epe.The federal government do give grants but you need a very good business proposal to back it up as well as join a cooperative.

(1) (Reply)

Coffee, Sesame Seeds, Tiger Nuts And Ginger Are All Available For Sales... / BIG POULTRY FARM For Sale In Ibadan / Downy Mildew Disease In Cucumber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.