Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) (67085 Views)

3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital / I Stand With Nigeria Protest: Anti Riot Police Vans Spotted In Abuja (Photos) / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by stella122: 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2017
“enough is enough

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Millz404(m): 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2017
#istandwith2baba on the placards were carefully covered.... Nice job.... Nobody needs the coward effect

6 Likes

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Chiedu4Trump: 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2017
Y
Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Roon9(m): 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
ala oyi eh.......
So I woke up today wondering how many commas are in the alert 2baba got. 2? 3? They all so quick to cite "Abami Eda" as inspiration but can't even add a line or two to their meaningless songs stating the sorry state of the economy not to talk of daring to name names or give vivid accounts immortalising these shameless profiteers as the latter did.
For almost an hour on Saturday I listened to the CP Lagos state command,Fatai Owoseni on channels tv as he debunked rumours of him stopping the protest. infact he was stressing how secured Lagos is and how largely unlikely it is for the protest to go out of control, going by the records of past protests held in the state. Now if the CP can state the above on Live TV, I wonder what changed within the next 24hrs.

Its both disgraceful and wickedly desperate to be pulling publicity stunts on issues as sensitive as this dear Tuface. having said that it's nice to see that you managed to "pull out " of something, at least for once in your lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Toks2008(m): 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
[quote author=profstar post=53471720]Tu face why

The only time you could really show you mean the words in your songs, yet you disappointed us.

May be he remembered sound sultan's song:

"I want to be like moses...
Take my people dem to the promise land,
But then I notice something...
People wet try am don dey underground...
I see them, I ja (run), look dem from far,
Me I fear this government people"

How many likes for the likes of Seyi law[/quotel]

I still marvel at the way 2face chickened out...even his mum will be so ashamed of him at this point.

I just hope he redeems his image cos I have lost my respect for him...
Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by leobrownish(m): 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
#WEWANTOURCOUNTRYBACK

#WEWANTGOODGOVERNANCE

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by folu4real(f): 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
kudos to Seyi Law, the Yoruba actor beside him and all the protesters. #IstandwithNigeria

2 Likes

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Lasskeey: 3:51pm On Feb 06, 2017
mary001:
d
........ grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by bobbiekrantz: 3:51pm On Feb 06, 2017
Kudos to these brave citizens of the republic.

I never wanted to put it this way buh..
2face fvcked up big time!
Ts really a shame tho.

Don't indulge in wah you can't finish.

This senseless, useless,clueless and insensitive government must bow to progress and development!

9 Likes

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Mayany(m): 3:51pm On Feb 06, 2017
Nigerians are not used to protesting, we are only good at complaining, every large turnout campaign in Nigeria are sponsored by politicians but kudos to all those genuine guys that came out today

8 Likes

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by goryorhal(m): 3:51pm On Feb 06, 2017
alienvirus:
Not more than 100 people cheesy

u need brain surgery.......... na number u dey count or make those useless people change their ways....

3 Likes

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by tolulope855(m): 3:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
limeta:
After the protest then what
We go back to chairman, my chief.
I see no changes ,Tinubu came by and was not stoned.

It is still a peaceful protest. So, NO Tinubu cannot be stoned!

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by akoko11: 3:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
Cool,
Honestly tuface deserves an applaud, he was d first to voice out wen all those attacking him were mute, he created d awareness, may b his plans was to put everything in place and back out, just to escape dss, he is just like Moses who led d Israelite thru d desert but never entered d promise land.
To fellow Nigerians who participated in the protest like me I say well done o, tonight I wil glue my eyes to my TV to wash n hear what plans d govt wanna adopt to end this recession and several other issues raised. If nothing is done let protest again and again until some thing is achieved.
#istandwithnigeria

2 Likes

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by blackaxe78: 3:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
Akpabio and Fayose really spent on this protest

Those prints re of good quality and quite expensive!
Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by afamaustin(m): 3:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
wot am l wasting my time here since morning l for go join d protest
Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by jerrywill(m): 3:53pm On Feb 06, 2017
Up lawman . . Wey terry g and im table warra?
Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
Lol, scam govt

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by kceewhyte(m): 3:55pm On Feb 06, 2017
AdedejiSadeeq:
Fact remains.. After dis una protest..nothing will change
BTW I thought dey said wear something green
sorry the guy that said it....chickened out at the last minute
Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by ollaxworld: 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2017
Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by dhope001(m): 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2017
Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by kuzi1(m): 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2017
AdedejiSadeeq:
Fact remains.. After dis una protest..nothing will change
BTW I thought dey said wear something green
For ur info a lot has already started changing. If Tinubu could come address ppl den there is alota fear in d air...stop thinking like a mediocre n stand up for who u ought to be...

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Orikinla1: 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2017
The sponsors really spent money o.

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2017
RobbStark:
Seyi Law, you are the man. Please take the red carpet, it's all yours broda.

2Baba, you fall hand big time. jus concentrate on your music for now and leave naija matter for peeps wit Fela spirit in them.

#ISTANDWITHNAIJA

What music? He will forever be remembered as a looser with no balls!!!

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
mary001:
d

Fvck all Nigerian politicians!! My favorite sign!!

2 Likes

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by segzyogondus(m): 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
profstar:
Tu face why

The only time you could really show you mean the words in your songs, yet you disappointed us.

How many likes for the likes of Seyi law
He backed down no problem but he brought this up the fact you are a campaign manager doesn't make you a candidate for the post so you have a right to your Opinion but I am pleading on his behalf that you should at least give him Kudos for talking out and motivating Nigerians for today Protest..... What about if people had refused to come out cos he backed out also in the game of relay run by 4 people when it is time you need to handover the Barton to someone else either you happened to be slower or faster than the next person... Tuface must have also made calls to plead with some people to help him out by making today possible he backed out publicly but do you know what he did behind closed doors in Private ? the answer is No so show mercy.... Hope you dey out for the protest sha??

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by omenkaLives(m): 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
Major points there running afoul of the modus operandi of some fraudulent group:

1. The protesters are saying they dont give a fvck about religion or tribe.

2. They are saying they stand with Nigeria and demanding a better country.

Good points.

Those two points are especially the reason you see "that region" is as quiet as King Tut's tomb.

They view everything from an ethnic or religious perspective and wish the country evil.

Glad they didnt join in to dillute the essense of the demonstration.

#OmenkaStandsWithNigeria.

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Becomeone: 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
Tinubu came around and he was not stoned ........ Tinubu should be stoned he is the major causes of this untold hardship that bedeviled Nigeria because of his greediness.

1 Like

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2017
No protests No Good Governance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by ephi123(f): 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
profstar:
Tu face why

How many likes for the likes of Seyi law

He must feel like a scumbag right now. I only hope though that he chickened out from fear, rather than he was paid off.
Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by danigbo(m): 4:10pm On Feb 06, 2017
...During the Soviet dictatorship of Joseph Stalin. He was a brutal dictator with mind of his own. On one fateful day, Stalin came to Politburo meeting with a live chicken. Standing in front of audience, He started to pluck the feathers of the live chicken off one by one.The chicken trembled in pain, blood tricking out of its pores. It gave out grievous cries, but Stalin being a cruel dictator continued without remorse plucking the feathers out until the chicken was completely Unclad. After which, he threw the chicken on the ground. The Unclad chicken was staggering in pain. Stalin goes into his pocket and from his pockets, he took out some chicken food and started to throw it at the poor & helpless creature. The poor chicken in pain started eating and Stalin started walking towards his seat. As he walked away, he kept dropping some feeds on the floor & the chicken followed him and sat feeding from his feet.Joseph Stalin then turned to members of his political party leadership. He said, "This chicken represents the people". "You must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up, starve them and then leave them". "If you do this, go into your pocket & give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life, worshiping you"."They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, you're responsible for their sorrowful situation in the first place." Breath taking, isn't it ?Now! Take a look at all the people some Nigerians are busy defending on social media. Take a look at those they call their heroes. They are the same people who plunged Nigeria into the situation she is. They are the same people who are responsible for their predicament.#Could this be the Nigerian citizens situation presently?# In ma noble Opinion, i think it is.

4 Likes

Re: Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) by Riddler32: 4:10pm On Feb 06, 2017
Cambells:
More here

What is the hashtag information covered?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Message Is Bola Tinubu Trying To Pass Across? (Picture) / President Buhari's Convoy Leaving The Defence House Yesterday. Photos / Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.