Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,397 members, 7,800,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure (16755 Views)

Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide / Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor / 9,579 Lagosians Tested Positive To HIV In 6 Months - LSACA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Wikinaija(m): 11:01pm On Feb 06, 2017
The Federal Government has mandated the National Institute for Medical Research and the College of Medicine, Ibadan to do proper study of the two claims to HIV cure in Nigeria.

The Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, disclosed this on Monday in Ilorin at the Federal Government Town Hall meeting for the North Central Zone.

A Nigeria university don, Prof. Maduike Ezeibe, recently claimed to have found a cure for the virus.

The minister, who was responding to questions on the position of government on the claims, said getting a cure would be of public health interest to the country.

According to him, Nigeria has about three million people infected with HIV, the second highest number in the world after South Africa.

The minister, however, said that there were modalities recognised globally for disclosure of cure which must be followed.

“What we need to do is to make sure that things are done properly.

“The process to undertake is the animal experiment to be sure it is efficacious and safe before moving to human.

“At the appointed time when we have the results, we shall come public,” he said.

Adewole said that the government was close to achieving the promise to make 10,000 Primary Health Care (PHC) service centres available to Nigerians.

He disclosed that the European Union was investing in 650 PHC centres and the British government was funding 950.

The minister said the FCT Administration was working to replicate the Federal Government model of PHC centre in the 225 wards in the territory.

On his part, the Minister of State Mines and Steel, Mr Bawa Bwari said government had settled legal encumbrances hindering development of the Ajaokuta Steel Company.

Bwari said that government would soon commence the process of inviting new investors for the start-off of the company to boost industrialisation. (NAN)

Source https://leadership.ng/news/570297/fg-orders-investigation-of-claims-to-hiv-cure

Just in about buhari Sickness https://www.wikinaija.net/2017/02/osinbajo/
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2017
Its a nice thing to do.

7 Likes

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:29pm On Feb 06, 2017
we re waiting for the outcome

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by 40kobo77: 7:33am On Feb 07, 2017
There is nothing to verify.

The Man does not know what he is talking about. I am sure he found the cure for the malaria that attacks goats or chickens.

6 Likes

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:33am On Feb 07, 2017
they should also investigate these people selling "gwogworishe" or wot do they even call it?
they claim it cures everything from HIV to snake bite to pile

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by seXytOhbAd(m): 7:34am On Feb 07, 2017
Lol... My brothers, my sisters let us be honest with ourselves once and for all. Western medical conglomerates will never support a Nigerian company providing the cure to HIV. This is a fact. After putting hundreds of millions of dollars into research, they will simply lobby our prostitute of a government Into killing off such research just like they did to Dr. Abalaka. But regardless, God bless Nigeria. I believe if I say this enough times, then maybe one day, God will actually hear this prayer and bless Nigeria for real by removing those pieces of fowl crap we call our leaders and give us leaders with some sense.

44 Likes

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by awoo47: 7:34am On Feb 07, 2017
9ja sha undecided the outcome will be that rat poison can cure hiv angry

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 07, 2017
mtcheww

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by kings09(m): 7:34am On Feb 07, 2017
So they can send DSS to arrest whoever that found the cure
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Vickiweezy(m): 7:34am On Feb 07, 2017
Please do o!
Before Nigerians go rush buy concussion dey drink think say dem dey drink better thing grin grin
We are facing enough problems already, make we no use our hand kill ourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by lollmaolol(m): 7:35am On Feb 07, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
we re waiting for the outcome

All the best in your medical investigation
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Primusinterpares(m): 7:35am On Feb 07, 2017
Nice move... first time they are wanting to getting serious.
True greatness lies within
I pray this yields positive results.
#team God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by optionB: 7:35am On Feb 07, 2017
ndi ara
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by NetBizguy: 7:35am On Feb 07, 2017
Abeg make them do fast.. E don tee wey I never go raw.. since after my first experience at 20! grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by simplemach(m): 7:35am On Feb 07, 2017
Make una no investigate na, just to announce that u ordered for an investing, you called for a town hall meeting.
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Jeel: 7:35am On Feb 07, 2017
OK
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Firstcitizen: 7:35am On Feb 07, 2017
The mobster international pharmaceutical establishment can now proceed to make nonsense of the claims, blackmail and arm twist the government then finally destroy the careers of all the professors involved.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by chieyine(m): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2017
Pls let the content of the investigation see the light of the day

And if his claims are right
I know he is no Chinese
Neither is he an American

He is a Nigerian and If his claims are true
The Nigerian government shouldn't hesitate to give him the support
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by obembet(f): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2017
DSS... They will soon silent the prof now
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Canme4u(m): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2017
Nice development.
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by FunkyMetahuman: 7:36am On Feb 07, 2017
Flat head found a cure to hiv?

Definitely a scam. grin
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Debaddest(m): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2017
[b][/b]
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Thisis2raw(m): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2017
If true then that Prof is in for the real tin..

And finally Nigeria will be in headlines for a good reason

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by jomboliski(m): 7:37am On Feb 07, 2017
Ok
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Tokziby: 7:37am On Feb 07, 2017
whatever!!! Its all propaganda "HIV or AIDS" has had cure several decades ago, we are only meant to believe in Africa there is non. If u dont believe me ask anybody living in UK or US whether they have ever come across any thing like "Beware or Aids" awareness or adverts on their screen or posters. Yet they are the ones with highest rate of abortion and baby mamas.They only contact the usual std's like Gonorrhea, syphilis etc but no HIV's. The only awareness u get to see is about cancer, they even have a world cancer day because cancer still has no proven cure. There are ghettos that has mosquitos in UK and US but they don't have malaria, u may wonder why? Their last polio case was in the 60's. Still dont believe me, google is ur friend.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by habex005(m): 7:37am On Feb 07, 2017
I just hope this will end in good terms
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by Menace2Society(m): 7:38am On Feb 07, 2017
Life of a baller
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by menxer: 7:38am On Feb 07, 2017
No NCAN member on duty?
SMH
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by omogin(f): 7:38am On Feb 07, 2017
If buhari were not sick and dying, this minister was penciled down for sacking. Serious dondee united olodo
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by NetBizguy: 7:38am On Feb 07, 2017
chieyine:
Pls let the content of the investigation see the light of the day

And if his claims are right
I know he is no Chinese
Neither is he an American

He is a Nigerian and If his claims are true
The Nigerian government shouldn't hesitate to give him the support

You say Nigerian government give support? I pray oo.. no longer trusting Nigeria after lots of promise and fail
Re: FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure by IMASTEX: 7:39am On Feb 07, 2017
We already know the outcome. Here it goes
* As long as it is not my region, tribe, religion, political advantage state, etc that came up with it. Therefore, it can not be verified to be good. So, the weasten world comes in, offers citizenship and the credit goes to them. End of story.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why When We Sleep Face Up We Usually Have Nightmare / What Is Your Genotype??? / Coronavirus: Italy To Ban Kissing, Hugging And Handshake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.