Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. (4298 Views)

Toyota Siena Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos) / Siena: What's D Effect Of Parking A Car For Six Months? / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by DatNiggaAk(m): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2009
i have a 2002 landrover freelander
a mechanic just told me now after bringing down the engine that one of the pistons is loose
and the gearbox has been worked on in the past and advised me to get a new engine.
it has this type of engine 4 DR. WAGON/SPORT UTILITY 2.5L V6 PFI DOHC 16V
what do you advise i do?
I've also followed ur post on the k-series engine by rover being faulty.
talk to me pls,
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2009
I would get a second opinion on the engine.

I have never seen pistons work loose in an engine, even if it's covered a zillion miles. When he says "loose", does he mean the rings are worn, allowing oil to seep past? Does the engine smoke? Is it noisy, as in rattly? What did it go into the workshop for in the first place?

As for the gearbox, what does it having been worked on in the past have to do with today? I'm just worried your mechanic's trying to lead you up the garden path.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2009
DatNiggaAk:

it has this type of engine 4 DR. WAGON/SPORT UTILITY 2.5L V6 PFI DOHC 16V

It'll be a 2,5L PGFI DOHC 24V.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by DatNiggaAk(m): 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2009
the engine doesn't smoke, it used to be silent but its noisy now, not exactly rattly
the first time i took it there, the water pump was making noise, it was removed but they didn't set the timing belt properly
so it bent the valves according to the guy who is working on it now.
he said there is a gap between the piston and rings that makes oil seep and clog the plugs
but it is not smoking.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by deebeeg(f): 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2009
DatNiggaAk:

the engine doesn't smoke, it used to be silent but its noisy now, not exactly rattly
the first time i took it there, the water pump was making noise, it was removed but they didn't set the timing belt properly
so it bent the valves according to the guy who is working on it now.
he said there is a gap between the piston and rings that makes oil seep and clog the plugs
but it is not smoking.

I am sad to hear that you are having problems. Pls send me a mail so that we can talk instead of calling me names on nairaland.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2009
From what you've said, I'd be inclined to agree with your mechanic - your engine will need new rings, and the bores will need honing, else the new rings won't bed in properly. That's assuming the block doesn't need a rebore, which will in turn mean new over-size pistons, with matching rings.

You'll certainly require new valves to be fitted, assuming the bronze valve guides aren't cracked. The water pump on the Rover 2,5L V6 K-series engine is timing belt driven, and if the pump was noisy, it's likely the bearings are shot, which could allow the belt to jump some teeth, bending valves.

With the amount of labour involved - add the cost of parts, like a full gasket set, set of valves, (depending on how many are serviceable) cylinder head bolt set, water pump, timing belt and tensioners / idlers, piston rings, pistons, (if engine needs rebore) and all fluids, it'll be a lot more cost effective to purchase a complete replacement engine. Not sure how readily available they are in Nigeria, there are quite a few sources here, both used and reconditioned.

Good luck, hope it all works out ok.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2009
deebeeg:

I am sad to hear that you are having problems. Pls send me a mail so that we can talk instead of calling me names on nairaland.

Calling you names? He didn't, at least not in this thread.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by deebeeg(f): 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2009
He did in other threads. DatNiggaAk pls send me a mail if you need any help from me.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2009
deebeeg:

He did in other threads. DatNiggaAk pls send me a mail if you need any help from me.

Ah, sorry, my mistake. I hope you guys get things resolved, best of luck.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by deebeeg(f): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2009
I actually wanted to be silent on this issue but have given it a second thought & l think a numskull like you deserve an answer. It seems you are accussing me of selling a bad car to you when to my knowledge there was full disclosure by running the CARFAX report and there was no fault known to me when the car was sold to you. I understand that CARFAX wont tell you about the condition of the car but it is your responsibility to inspect the car which you did before paying and you were not under duress to buy. While l sincerely empathize with you but it is rather disappointing the approach you have adopted in channeling your complaints. Calling me names and trying to scare others from me is completely unacceptable and immature. On compassionate ground l can send you used parts free but if you continue to go along this line of being disrespectful then you can go to hell.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by DatNiggaAk(m): 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2009
@
deebeeg:

When i needed help from you when the car started developing faults(from the 1st day i bought it) you ignored me.
i tried contacting you on google talk and sent mails but you ignored me.
remember one day i asked you why you were avoiding me?
i called your brotha and told him and he informed me he passed my message across to you
but you still ignored me.
i've got Sienna here so i don't need your help.
remember when i asked you to send me the car manuals that i would pay for it?
i thank God i don't have to suck up to anybody and i don't ask for handouts
i kept it btw us and you didn't respond. now i don't need your help and you are offering it.
is it because i'm warning others so they won't experience what i went through?
but you acted bitchily towards me and i feel really bad about it.
so what do you want to do now?
buy me a new engine?
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by DatNiggaAk(m): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2009
Siena,
pls if i'm to get a complete replacement engine over there, how much will it go?
if possible, include shipping cost.
the one i saw in Abuja, they are offering me the complete engine and gearbox at 600k.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by deebeeg(f): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2009
I ignored you when l discovered that you were deviating from doing business with me to being personal. I remembered you were asking me if l twitter and you wanted to personalized the relationship which l didn't like. Pls dont forget my response to you that l wasn't running from you. I wont respond to you anymore you dont deserve my reply
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Emperoh(m): 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2009
Deebeeg, DagNiggaAk
I can understand this is a business rapport gone sour.
It can very dirty if not well handled and this is what it is gradually turning into
We don't know what happened in the recesses of your private chat but i guess if we did the necessary as proscribed by CS ethics,
Maybe it wouldn't have been this dirty.

Deebeeg,
granted you may not have had any intention selling him a bad car, it woulda been very necessary if you proferred after market issues
Some deals are like this and if we allow emotions get into it, we do be mistaken to have done this fraudulently.
Pls and pls, i am not asking this on his behalf, but if there is a way you guys can settle this at the back without us knowing pls do.
Maybe PIM him and then soft talk yourselves to a solution. This life is too short to keep fighting over issues bothering on business and money.
If there is any you feel u want to help, privately offer it to and let him reject it himself.

Tt will do your reputation as a dealer, a great deal of favour if you don't have a customer bad mouthing you adverts.
So please go settle with him. EVen if you can't offer him any financial assistance, at least sweet talk him grin shocked into accepting an apology.

DatNigga
I will like you to understand that some of these things happen in business atimes.
This is the first time though i will be seeing a car 10-12yrs old developing an engine issue
That is if it was well driven by the owner and necessary checks and maintenances done. Pls accept my sympathy for the problem you are going thru
I believe you can get a better engine from outside the country at a cheaper price. but if there is anything i can do to help here in Lagos,
Pls beep my yim emperoneroh@yahoo.com( will remove it once you post) lets see how i can help.

Lets learn to be peaceful in our dealings in life. It will ensure us a longer life.
God guide us and our utterances!!
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by DatNiggaAk(m): 4:06pm On Dec 04, 2009
first of all, i don't twitter.
secondly you are a terrible or should i say selfish business woman.
i discussed at lenght with your brotha about how we could do futher business.
i believed the car was in good shape from my conversations with you and i work. i flew in from Abuja that morning(first flight) with the intention of paying for the car and driving back to Abuja same day.
i only discovered you were on facebook when facebook wanted to add my gmail contacts
and since i believed we could do business together(b4 i discovered you sold me a dud)
i clicked add as friend so you could know who i was. i have nuttin to hide.
what i would keep doing is to warn potential buyers of your cars to be wary.
they shouldn't take your cars at face value
or they would get burnt,
perhaps you can change your username to sell your cars on NL,
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2009
Sorry guys that things went bad, but you guys can try to fix the problem.
Seller can offer some compensation.

Siena, i dey enjoy your post oh.
I remain your loyal fan.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by DatNiggaAk(m): 4:19pm On Dec 04, 2009
@EMPEROH,
the truth is i've actually been waiting for her to put up a car for sale here for the past few months.
imagine asking someone you bought a car from for the manual.she says there is no manual.
i told her to help me buy it that i would pay for it together with the cost of sending it and she totally ignored me?
to change the electrical system of the gearbox which was bad, i spent about 90k and i told her the gearbox was bad.
what i discovered was that when you drive it for about an 20 minutes and restart the car, the gears would select normally.
by the time i got to were the car was from the airport and test drove it, it was selecting normally.
i could not leave for abuja that day, but the next morning when i was leaving town, the gear got stuck.
and i kept trying to reach her on google talk and she ignored me.
i will see her sign on, when i txt, she won't reply and shortly after she signs off.
what am i expected to think?
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by ugonna245(m): 4:21pm On Dec 04, 2009
deebeeg:

I ignored you when l discovered that you were deviating from doing business with me to being personal. I remembered you were asking me if l twitter and you wanted to personalized the relationship which l didn't like. Pls dont forget my response to you that l wasn't running from you. I wont respond to you anymore you dont deserve my reply

I think it would be in your best interest to help him out because he has nothing to loose and you have your reputation to protect. We have to maintain the credibility of this site so as to enjoy the dividends we are reaping.

Thanks and remain blessed. One love
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by deebeeg(f): 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2009
I am not surprised at your unruly bahavior, it is indicative of poor education. Pls stop this unfounded accusation of intentionally selling a bad car to you. It is your responsibility of doing inspection before buying. I will never change my user ID to sell a car because l have notthing to hide, l just cant stoop so low to change user ID.

Pls if you want a peaceful resolution send me a mail.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Seun(m): 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2009
How can you talk to a customer that way after collecting money? Even if you are in the right?
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by deebeeg(f): 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2009
Seun:

How can you talk to a customer that way after collecting money? Even if you are in the right?

Pls go to this thread and see his comments
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-195078.64.html
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Fhemmmy: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2009
deebeeg:

I am not surprised at your unruly bahavior, it is indicative of poor education. Pls stop this unfounded accusation of intentionally selling a bad car to you. It is your responsibility of doing inspection before buying. I will never change my user ID to sell a car because l have notthing to hide, l just cant stoop so low to change user ID.

That is not a good way to deal with the situation, you have more to lose than he does, he has given you his hard earned money in exchange for what he thought a great buy, so just help him out and get this resolved, u dont wait for him to come to you.
As a dealer, there is what is called post sales, and that is to check on your buyers to make sure that what they bought is serving them well.
Nigeria is just a nation with no rule or law.
If you had told him before payment that the ride is bad, i am sure he would have done better checking and all that.
So as a dealer, deal with this in a better and matured manner.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by ugonna245(m): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2009
deebeeg:

Why the insults? The guy is stating his own side of the story and you are insulting him! If you are truly in the mood for reconciliation you will talk about helping out and not insulting him.

Like Emperoh said what you shd be doing now is damage control. The guy is hurting and you are insulting him on top.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by deebeeg(f): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2009
He went too far by calling me a bitch
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2009
deebeeg:

Pls go to this thread and see his comments
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-195078.64.html

You will do same if you were in his shoes, like he said that he tried to reach you.
deebeeg:

He went too far by calling me a bitch

Yes, he went too far, but there are better ways to deal with it, 2 wrongs cant be right, besides, he is pissed and just venting his anger.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by DatNiggaAk(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2009
deebeeg:

It's a pity you are just a dumb b!@#$h
the luck you have is that you are in the State's if not i would have taught you a trick or two about being unruly.
all you can do is hide behind your system and throw insult online.
like i said, i don't need your help because when i needed it, you kept avoiding me.
if i'm unruly like your small dinosaur brain tells you, wont i have called your brotha and sista in law and insulted them?
i still have their numbers and names. i didn't because they were just conduits.
you were the person i have dealings with and i tried getting in touch with you through gmail.
or should i click and paste all the individual mails i sent to you for all to see here?
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by deebeeg(f): 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2009
I am open to peaceful resolution conditional on you deleting those insultive comments.

I am not a bitch because you bought a used car from me that is giving problems when that wasn't my intent.
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Emperoh(m): 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2009
deebeeg:

I am open to peaceful resolution conditional on you deleting those insultive comments.

I am not a bitch because you bought a used car from me that is giving problems when that wasn't my intent.

I have told you what you stand to lose if you remain on this high horse!!
Add banning you from posting here to that. . . . . .Why are we soo proud we don't see mt ot know how to salvage a bad situ
Girl i know that if you reach out to this dude and apologise to him no matter what he did or said, you both will come to an agreement.

Pls and pls, for the sake of sanity and for your own trading rights here which you pay nothing for, reach out to this guy.
I am saying this cos you have more to loose!! If you apologise to him in private, he won't say it here
Unless there is a sinister motive why u don't want to.
Siena has been magnanimous enough to offer you the main help. . . pls both of you should pls sheath your swords and embrace peace!!
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by deebeeg(f): 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2009
DatNiggaAk pls what's your mail address l need to send you a mail
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Emperoh(m): 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2009
deebeeg:

DatNiggaAk pls what's your mail address l need to send you a mail

Now we are talking. . . .DatNigga pls don't turn down this request.
For the sake of peace, pls let her have it. . . .abeg ooo make we no dey fight
This life is too short!!
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by DatNiggaAk(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2009
i just went through my gmail inbox and all the mails i sent to you are there.
right through the negotiations and till i got back.
the rest are in google talk and in your brotha's phone inbox and i can't retrieve them.
why don't you allow me to paste it here so all can see that i've been a gentleman all the way
and not the unruly num(b)skull of poor education you are potraying me to be?
Re: Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2009
DatNiggaAk:

i just went through my gmail inbox and all the mails i sent to you are there.
right through the negotiations and till i got back.
the rest are in google talk and in your brotha's phone inbox and i can't retrieve them.
why don't you allow me to paste it here so all can see that i've been a gentleman all the way
and not the unruly num(b)skull of poor education you are potraying me to be?

My guy, i know you are pissed and you have the right to be, but all the back and forth wont help.
The Lady seems to be willing to right the wrong, pls, give her a chance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Motorcycle Product For Okada Business / I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars / German Used Cars For 1000 Euro: How Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.