Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School (24285 Views)

30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) / Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value - UK School / Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by apogeez(m): 6:25am On Feb 07, 2017
Certificates obtained outside Nigeria will continue to be more valued and considered over those obtained in the country due to some factors, the United Kingdom-based Metropolitan School of Business and Management, has said.

Among the reasons adduced for the value placed on foreign certificates by the institution include “use of dynamic and relevant practice-based approaches” and the combination of corporate experience with “interactive teaching methodology with live case studies”.

The Assistant Country Director of MSBM (Nigeria), Mosisiye Kayode, stated this in Abuja during the Enterprise 101 workshop organised for business managers, young professionals and aspiring entrepreneurs.

She said, “We have affiliations with schools in the UK but anyone participating in our school in Abuja has worked, studied and lived in the UK at a particular time because you cannot give what you do not have. So anyone who is going to teach in our class is someone who has studied, worked and lived in the UK .

“If you have a certificate from the UK, it is more appreciated because they know that we don’t just give you the teaching, we give you the real life scenario.

“Enterprise 101 has always been a vision of ours; we have actually been looking forward to bringing in people and entrepreneurs in Abuja to come around because most of them have things they will want to share with other young people just for young aspiring entrepreneurs to actually gain from.”

A civil servant and one of the participants, Chukwugozim Melekwe, said that regardless of his exposure to business from an early age and a successful job, the workshop was a platform to further learn and network to broaden his scope in business.

He said, “Even though I have some sort of safety net by working right now, it has always been a part of me to make things happen. We need knowledge to be successful. As a professional and aspiring business person, there are questions that I need answers for, there are things I need to know.”

Another participant, Yinka Lanre, said that businesses in Abuja were recording turnovers in billions.

He explained that MSBM is a UK institution that had come into Nigeria to bring cutting edge innovations to ensure strategic ideas that could be applied to businesses to attain more profit.

Source: http://punchng.com/nigerian-certificates-lose-value-uk-school/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by ArcFresky(m): 6:35am On Feb 07, 2017
So everybody should leave Nigeria and go and school in UK....
No maa.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by hisgrace090: 6:38am On Feb 07, 2017
Nigeria and certificate!
The quest for certificate in Nigeria is going out of hand.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by 40kobo77: 7:08am On Feb 07, 2017
Some days ago.

One young boy put a story here which made front page praising UNILAG. Laff catch me, if only that boy know say na tissue paper be UNILAG Certificate once you cross Murtala Airport.

This is not a derailer, but has anybody seen the picture of this lady using the Moniker Adesewa4uyahoo? OHH BOY THAT GIRL FINE OHH.

Chisos. You fine. Saw your picture and i fell in love with you immediately.

Adesewa4uyahoo i know there is a reason God guided me like Joseph to Nairaland this morning.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by TINALETC3(f): 7:08am On Feb 07, 2017
K

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by ct2: 7:08am On Feb 07, 2017
what do u expect when the Naira as lost it value

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by talk2archy: 7:08am On Feb 07, 2017
come and force me out to UK schools, idiots.

21 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by pautex: 7:08am On Feb 07, 2017
3rd grin
Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by 735i(m): 7:09am On Feb 07, 2017
Lool...
Of all the universities in the UK...na this useless school get opinion.
Mtchew....I'm sure no reasonable Nigerian employer will take a certificate issued by this "institution" seriously.. undecided

20 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by memeguy: 7:09am On Feb 07, 2017
TINALETC3:
K

This is exactly what this post needs.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by Deeypeey(m): 7:10am On Feb 07, 2017
All this story too long jae....just simply put "...because they are given by useless worthless schools"
that'd be a better explanation...
Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by Debaddest(m): 7:10am On Feb 07, 2017
Summary : Nigerian certificate loose value cos our Presido is an Illiterate (dullardino).

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by Soreza(m): 7:10am On Feb 07, 2017
ANYTHING THAT is ASSOCIATED WITH THE NAME NIGERIA IS BOUND FOR FAILURE 100%,BEFORE U SUFFERING AND SMILING little thinking Nigerians quote me give me anything done in the name of Nigeria since 1960 that was and still successful till date?? ofcourse NON. My father's Nigeria was better than mine and the way things are going am scared my children may say so too, so the only option for me is to support BIA.RA
#noban#truth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by iluvpomo(m): 7:10am On Feb 07, 2017
Don't mind them jare, even for that U.K. dem get plenty useless schools that just know how to collect money eg London Metropolitan, Cardiff Metropolitan etc

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by oluFELAxy(m): 7:10am On Feb 07, 2017
How can certificate have value in this country?

Plsz when student graduate let them start giving them 'connection' not certificate....that thing is Pali

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by Tokziby: 7:11am On Feb 07, 2017
Let the truth be said, its not about the certificate, its about the mode and quality of teaching. If u have not been there, u definitely cannot understand their point of view. Our Lecturers and teachers have failed us because they only sit in a class and use the same teaching materials for several years without updating their syllabus. They have failed to realize that world keeps evolving everyday and things become obsolete if u dont move with it. They still use textbooks (especially science and technology) that are published 20-30 years ago without upgrading. i am pretty sure some lecturers still go about teaching FOTRAN and COBOL or history of computers when they should be teaching Java, SQL, d-base, A+, Networking etc. I became so disheartened when i saw graduate engineers enrolling for vocational courses related their their course, when all u needed in life ought to have been taught in the University. The only professional courses (practicable courses) available in Nigeria are just 3, accounting, law and medicine every other course aside these in the Uni are in a "one chance bus" cos what they teach is abstract (theories) that are not practicable when u graduate. In case u are reading this and u are in the Uni, whatever ur course is that is not related to the above 3, kindly start learning a trade now or vocational course in order not to add to the over-saturated labour market.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by 1Rebel: 7:11am On Feb 07, 2017
Simply put, nigerian schools are useless. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by Promismike(m): 7:11am On Feb 07, 2017
When are we going to start promoting our education, culture and language like China, Italy and France? When are we going to stop relegating our education, culture and language to the background? So one must study in UK now to be relevant in Nigeria? Nigeria and africa who has done this to you.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by dingbang(m): 7:11am On Feb 07, 2017
Coming here to advertise her business... Iffa slap her now

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by zombies: 7:12am On Feb 07, 2017
Lai Mohammed
Minister for Information and Culture
Phone number: 08034301111
Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by ironheart(m): 7:12am On Feb 07, 2017
Pure lies to gain more patronage. Our schools teaches us great sense n thats why we can outsmart them, we are the best all over the world be it science, accademic even crime

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by Integrityfarms(m): 7:14am On Feb 07, 2017
How will our certificates not lose value when we still have profs teaching us with lecture notes of the 90's?

Expecting us to write verbatim their lecture notes in the exams?

No case studies and real life scenarios of applied knowledge.

Indeed, we are valueless

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by dermmy(m): 7:14am On Feb 07, 2017
hisgrace090:
Nigeria and certificate! The quest for certificate in Nigeria is going out of hand.
i taya o

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by wizjaybee(m): 7:15am On Feb 07, 2017
Oya,come and close down all the Nigerian universities,since our certificates are irrelevant
Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by simplemach(m): 7:15am On Feb 07, 2017
I pity naija
Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by Mologi(m): 7:17am On Feb 07, 2017
oga.... the man Okada that carried me yesterday is a Uni. of Hull graduate.... so tell me another thing...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by KINGwax007(m): 7:18am On Feb 07, 2017
Yeah, and many people still got admitted to further their education in the UK.

Just tell us u're advertising your yeye school...

Waka!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by seguno2: 7:18am On Feb 07, 2017
ArcFresky:
So everybody should leave Nigeria and go and school in UK....
No maa.

If our president can leave Nigeria for the UK to get treatment why should ordinary citizens not go there for education?
Buhari banned government officials from going abroad for treatment.
He budgeted more for Aso Rock clinic than all teaching hospitals combined.
Yet he claims to be fighting corruption.
Which sensible Nigerian would believe such rubbish, hypocritical lies?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by lollmaolol(m): 7:18am On Feb 07, 2017
Obsolete teaching techniques driving Nigeria certificate backwards.

Some graduate can not pronounce certificate. I still hear cerfiticate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by kings09(m): 7:19am On Feb 07, 2017
Oya com n force me into the UK then. I may not go @first but will consider it if u insist

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by information1: 7:20am On Feb 07, 2017
Re: Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School by seguno2: 7:21am On Feb 07, 2017
Integrityfarms:
How will our certificates not lose value when we still have profs teaching us with lecture notes of the 90's?

Expecting us to write verbatim their lecture notes in the exams?

No case studies and real life scenarios of applied knowledge.

Indeed, we are valueless

....including that yeye professor who said we should not protest with Tuface.
Useless teachers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA / Strike: Enough Is Enough - Buhari Tells ASUU / Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.