Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

GTBank Vs Zenith Bank - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / GTBank Vs Zenith Bank (11858 Views)

Poll: Which Of These Banks Do You Give It To?

GTBank: 84% (148 votes)
Zenith Bank: 15% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Zenith Bank Sacks Marketers & Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by showbobo(m): 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2009
This argument actually broke out between me and my friends.Which bank is better in terms of customer service and all.As for me,i'll give it to ZENITH Bank anyday anytime. . . Your views
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2009
I don't bank with Zenith, but I think GTB has a very good customer service, only that it's beginning to drift these days.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by showbobo(m): 1:22pm On Dec 05, 2009
Jarus:

I don't bank with Zenith, but I think GTB has a very good customer service, only that it's beginning to drift these days.
I also dont bank with either of the banks but so far it seems GTBank looks more credible. . . . . .
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by okeyz(m): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2009
yes o GTB anytime , zenith bank ,their shakara too much, !!!!!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by olums2002: 10:30am On Dec 06, 2009
Zenith Bank is the Bum, its only people that have a complex that will make comments such as "I NO LIKE ZENITH BANK, DEM SHAKARA TOO MUCH". For any brand to stand out in a market, it must have a segment and that is what zenith bank has. My fiends say they dont like Zenith, but they have all their investments there. WELL the truth be say, anytime and anyday, I root for Zenith Bank

1 Like

Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by dbalinga(m): 10:31am On Dec 06, 2009
GTBank appealeeeeeed to me in time past, but They are far from the mark now.
Their ATM used to be very reliable, but nowadays u find out that its most time '' Issuer Switch Inoperative''
Or Temporarily unable to dispense cash on a Friday Afternoon.
Well this happens mainly in Warri Branch.

I av bn to Zenith on countless occassion too , I give it to them
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by dbalinga(m): 10:35am On Dec 06, 2009
GTBank do not enuf packages.
I maintain my Salary account wt them, yet u cant assess any loan scheme,
Just too conservative for my LIKING.
Even the Older generation banks e.g First Bank have better Schemes
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by dbalinga(m): 10:38am On Dec 06, 2009
Their ATM used to be very reliable, but nowadays u find out that its most time '' Issuer Switch Inoperative''

Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by dbalinga(m): 11:06am On Dec 06, 2009

Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by agitator: 11:20am On Dec 06, 2009
i don't bank with Zenith, but GTBank

It took three weeks to get just my savings account number which other banks will give to you immediately.

had to fill for ATM Card again on a separate form eventhough it was ticked on the original Account Opening Form.

Received text that ATM Card is ready but when i got their was told that there is bad network so i cannot have my ATM Card - had to abandon it for them.

When you want to deposit cash it's like they are doing you a big favour by taking your cash, noticed that some of the receiving cashiers had to count all the cash with them and arrange it, each time a different customer deposits, while others waiting to deposit.

It's a general nigerian attitude, inconvenienting people so that those who don't have the patience to wait will like to cut corners - by bribing them - use to see it i the public sector(public servants), now it's very common in the private sector too.

The list is long, but let me stop here.

And a trusted friend recommended this bank to me.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 13, 2009
I will never choose either GTB or Zenith.
Bank PHB anytime, anyday,
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by slimes(m): 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2009
Customer service is far from GTbank though they used to be better. I don't bank with Zenith sha
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2009
GTBANK anyday anytime
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by oge4real(f): 2:48am On Dec 21, 2009
GT bank all the way.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by SamMilla1(m): 3:15am On Dec 21, 2009
i prefer ABN AMRO
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by CarlosVent(m): 6:05am On Dec 21, 2009
Zenith have the most stupidious set of workers.

GTBANK IS THE BEST MAN
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by adedayoone: 8:04am On Dec 21, 2009
I find this funny . I was talking to a friend of mine who felt GTB was the best customer oriented bank the other day and i said "Every Bank has its day". I used to work in a bank before so i guess i have an inside view.Depends on what you are looking for really if u want an ego booster yeah maybe zenith , If u get irritated easily then maybe GTB . yeah GTB doesnt give personal loans , zenith doesnt give small boy's loan either . Seems like GTB is having a bad time because everyone hyped them and so they now have so many customers and believe me thats hard to deal with . Zenith on the other hand found a way to control that "a poor man cant open an account there so , "
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by Remii(m): 8:08am On Dec 21, 2009
I don't bank with either but as a shareholder GTB is far better on ROI.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2009
adedayoone:

I find this funny . I was talking to a friend of mine who felt GTB was the best customer oriented bank the other day and i said "Every Bank has its day". I used to work in a bank before so i guess i have an inside view.Depends on what you are looking for really if u want an ego booster yeah maybe zenith , If u get irritated easily then maybe GTB . yeah GTB doesnt give personal loans , zenith doesnt give small boy's loan either . Seems like GTB is having a bad time because everyone hyped them and so they now have so many customers and believe me thats hard to deal with . Zenith on the other hand found a way to control that "a poor man cant open an account there so , "
During our service year, a friend entered Zenith to open a saving account with 5k, but he was embarrassed out of the bank, felt like being swallowed by the ground. He wasn't politely told the the minimum amount he needed to open a saving account was 25k, rather he was looked down upon. The guy has not stopped cursing teh abnk till today grin

Agree Zenith na big boys bank.

GTB's oft-mentioned excellent customer service is also gradually fading away. I lost my ATM and applied for another one about two months ago, yet to be given one. Before anytime, I lost my ATM, they gave me another one in less than 3 weeks. Don't mind my penchance for losing ATM cards, I've lost up to 5 in the last 2 years.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 21, 2009
@dbalinga: Have you ever heard of Max Advance? If your salary account is with GTBank, you can access up to 30% of your salary times 3. This is the easiest facility to access and processing is less than 2 days. Please talk to your account officer.

GTBank is a customer-centric financial institution which listens more than it talks.

The customer is truly king and the bank takes its time to address every issue with its unique peculiarities. If you have any doubts and issues, always consult your account officer.

I believe every product has a market and while I can't speak for other financial institutions, I know so well that if what you want is customer service and a bank that will grow with you, then Guaranty Trust Bank is it.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by agitator: 8:33am On Dec 21, 2009
dappssee:

GTBank is a customer-centric financial institution which listens more than it talks.

The customer is truly king and the bank takes its time to address every issue with its unique peculiarities. If you have any doubts and issues, always consult your account officer.

I believe every product has a market and while I can't speak for other financial institutions, I know so well that if what you want is customer service and a bank that will grow with you, then Guaranty Trust Bank is it.

That's why it takes 5weeks to get a savings account number.
ATM yet to be issued more than two months after filling double forms angry angry angry

I think you need to talk to your staff.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by otukpo(f): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2009
I use both Zenith and GTB. When i opened my zenith, their minimum for opening savings a/c was 500k, current 1M. After sometime, their shakara became too much and i opened with GTB, but GT shakara at a time, became more than zenith's.
U go to GT to do biz and u'll nearly spend an hr. the worst is to deposit. Now i use more of Zenith and so far good.

GT needs to work on their customer service. Some of the branches are ok but most are poor.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by gidig(m): 8:39am On Dec 21, 2009
GTB is it. All banks have their challenges. Ave banked with Zenith, UBA, Citizen (before they became Spring) and FCMB. I will give it to GTBank anyday. They have stayed focus over the last few years and did not get into the big this-big that competition that other banks got into before Sanusi. I have my issues with them but I will give it to GTB anyday.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by toideve(m): 8:55am On Dec 21, 2009
GTB mehn!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by Temilade03: 9:01am On Dec 21, 2009
I bank with GTB becos any where any time they always take care of customers, jst get about Zenith they under rates.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by JazzyPhizzle: 9:12am On Dec 21, 2009
Before long, GT Bank will soon have a reputation of the likes of UBA. having a lot of customers bring about so many problems you never planned for e.g. ATM downtimes, longer queue time to deposit/withdraw, slower processes. All this will lead to the sort of service a First Bank and older generation banks offer.

To all you GT Bank lovers: It's only a matter of time. I'm counting down. 364 days left!
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by mrofficial(m): 9:22am On Dec 21, 2009
GTBank anytime.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by SPIFF(m): 9:24am On Dec 21, 2009
I think I prefer GTB to Zenith. In actual fact I use both, but stay more with GTB. I have my company acct there, personal acct, my wife and kids all with GTB.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by abhosts(m): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2009
As a customer of both banks, GTB use to be much better in the past. But since their customer base started to grow exponentially, the quality of their service delivery went the opposite direction. As for Zenith, it appears that most of their customer service people always try to form "big girl" levels; they are not down to earth like their counterparts at GTB.
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by dredone: 10:06am On Dec 21, 2009
ok now talk is cheap Zenith has a bunch of workers who need reorientation on customer service every organisation has it long run period Gtb use to be known for excellence but now there fixed input cant hold its variable increase this is when they to show what they are made of But 4 statistics I'll give it to GTB anytime

zenith bank should teach there workers that customer is king same person transacting 10,000 today can transact 100,000,000 tomorrow
Re: GTBank Vs Zenith Bank by queenesthr(f): 10:11am On Dec 21, 2009
GTB any time, any day. Their service may not be as good before but they are still better than Zenith. Zenith is too pompous. Even if I have a zillion naira, I'll never bank with them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masters In Project Management At Unilag Or Pmp Certified? / Professional Courses Suitable For A Microbiologist / Nigerian Army Promotes 6,199 Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.