Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi (18674 Views)

Different Types Of Teachers In Government Primary School (photos) / Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test / See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by ebosie11(f): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2017
Staff of Federal Government Girls College Calabar, today 7th day of February, 2017 staged a peaceful protest at the Cross River State House of Assembly, praying the House to intervene in the recent molestation and humiliation of teachers by the Department of State Security Service (DSS).

Addressing the leadership of the House, the staff who were accompanied by Labour Union leaders from the state chapter said, on the 2nd of Feb. 2017, a teacher punished a student for gross misconduct alongside other students, but one of the student decided to call her parents who are DSS officials.

According to the staff Spoke person, DSS officials invaded the school, beating both teaching and non teaching staff, shooting sporadically and scaring students who were females, a situation they said had affected a lot of children psychologically.

Responding on behalf of the leadership of the House, the Clark of the House Elder (Barr.) Bassey E. Ekpenyong who represented the Speaker of the Cross River State House of Assembly, Honourable John Gaul Lebo said the news wasn’t strange to the House, and that members are very much aware. He expressed disappointment for such a treatment meted on teachers, adding that even the DSS were taught by this teachers.

Meanwhile he asked the teachers to remain peaceful in their dealings, saying justice will surely prevail.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/staff-of-federal-government-girls.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by ebosie11(f): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2017

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by HungerBAD: 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2017
The DSS did wrong.

The teachers were not a National Security threat. This was pure oppression,and I hope they are brought to book.

I am with the Teachers on this.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2017
Aigoo

1 Like

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by josephine123: 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2017
good one cally teachers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by hybridtm(m): 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2017
DSS...dis, DSS That
Abeg wetin b dis people work again....

16 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by czaratwork: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2017
pro unitate. if you went to unity school like if not share.

26 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2017
Na wa oo
Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by wizzlyd(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by livinus009(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2017
DSS getting out of control!!! angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by SoniaJames(f): 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2017
Buhari is an irrevocable failure. An evil dullard.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2017
czaratwork:
pro unitate. if you went to unity school like if not share.
what would happen if I dont?

6 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by megareal: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
I pray the teachers find justice else every parent will believe it is right to beat up a teacher. The students also will lose respect for the teachers if something is not done.

16 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by themonk(m): 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
grin
Daura Secret Service

11 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
Civilian brutality can only occur during P*B regime..
God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the most tolerant president ever....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by peterswagg(m): 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
they should lock those DSS up and feed them to the fowls of the earth and fishes on the sea

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by Vicintonsh(m): 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by 1Rebel: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
This administration has messed nigeria up.

9 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by juman(m): 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
DSS is the new boko haram.

10 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by OLLYMAX(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2017
New era, DSS on losse.

4 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by UnknownT: 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2017
Please government shouldnt let this case slide like most cases usually do. I wonder how these teachers must have felt the whole period they were molested.

3 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by Shortyy(f): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2017
xstry:
Aigoo
Aigoo Aigoo Aigoo
Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2017
If federal govt are responsible, they should sentence that DSS officer to death by firing

5 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by Abalado(f): 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2017
Buhari boiz

1 Like

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by AntiWailer: 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
Next time Teachers

Down tools and insist the Governor address the protesters before you resume work.

Who is CLERK House Of what ?

What nonsense ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by 1shortblackboy: 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
all sorts of nonsense everyday. this country just tire me.....my God!

3 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by obinnafred(m): 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
hilaomo:
DSS will come and arrest u

3 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by SalomonKane: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
I'm even surprised the FG hasn't responded to this issue. I mean, in a country where the people who train the mind of 'the leaders of tomorrow' are abused and beaten like common touts, then something is wrong.

The DSS is now proven to be a classic disgrace to the name of security in this country. These teachers should protest on until they get justice for their colleagues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by gaetano: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
I tire for my country

6 Likes

Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by czaratwork: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
complex at its highest peak. there is nothing like waka pass in your dictionary
hilaomo:
Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
Shortyy:

Aigoo Aigoo Aigoo
tch
Re: Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi by Lukenitheooo6(m): 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
the dss man way beat the teacher try wella
teachers are just heartless

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Henry Ogorchukwu Abanum: UNIBEN Best Student Gets N250k From Engr Osifo / Coronavirus: Kwara Govt To Shut Down Schools From March 23 / Can A Science Student Study Arts Courses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.