Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? (15790 Views)

Accounting Officers Needed In Our Owerri Branch Office / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Diamond Bank Branch Mbaise In IMO State Celebrates Children's Day In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by moscobabs(m): 7:28am On Feb 08, 2017
Head office has not been easy for a non management staff in some companies hence some staffs prefer to be in other locations so they can engage in other activities apart from their primary assignment.

For those working in Head office, why do u prefer working there and what are the challenges you are facing?

Those in branch offices, what are those things you are enjoying apart from freedom And what are the challenges your encountering ?

Let learn from you guys.

1 Share

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by annexworld(m): 8:20am On Feb 08, 2017
Head office. Branch na for the lazy ones. Say your mind on the issues affecting nigeria's educational issue. Say it now on [url]forum.insideeducation.ng[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 08, 2017
moscobabs:
Head office has not been easy for a non management staff in some companies hence some staffs prefer to be in other locations so they can engage in other activities apart from their primary assignment.

For those working in Head office, why do u prefer working there and what are the challenges you are facing?

Those in branch offices, what are those things you are enjoying apart from freedom And what are the challenges your encountering ?

Let learn from you guys.

Jarus

lalasticlala

Sanchez01
seun

1forall

Cracyman

Head office for me

Pros of Head Office

1, You tend to be noticed easily by key decision makers and that may speed up your rise in the company

Con of Head Office

1, More pressure

Pro of Branch

1, Less pressure, and a little more independence (or if you like, laziness)

Con

1, Folks at HO may have faster promotion
2, At some point, you may lose motivation and become complacent and probably static in your career

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 08, 2017
On a personal note, I work in the Head Office, and here are some benefits

1, More visibility to top guys
2, Enjoyment of some benefits in kind not enjoyed by guys on the field (football pitch for HO guys, bigger end of year parties than for field guys etc)

What I miss

1, Guys in our field locations don't experience Lagos traffic, can get to office or return home within 15 minutes etc.

14 Likes

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Sanchez01: 10:51am On Feb 08, 2017
moscobabs:

Let learn from you guys.

Jarus

lalasticlala

Sanchez01
seun

1forall

Cracyman
I don't fancy the Head Office/HQ. The atmosphere can be so tensed that you would pray you don't run out of tasks to do. While I do not want to rule the many benefits of the HQ cum Head Office. I believe it is highly painstaking than field offices/branch offices.

Pros of Head Office
Jarus already mentioned them.

Cons
1. HQ staffers work longer hours and tend leave the office late than others.
2. Not all headquarters jobs are glamorous and address attention-grabbing, controversial issues. Some headquarters jobs are located in backwater offices that—though important—may receive relatively little public attention. Operating in a large bureaucracy, staffers in such offices may feel like 'a little fish in a big pond.'
3. HQs/Head Offices are mostly located in Metropolitan areas which are quite difficult and somewhat expensive to live in.
4. Did I mention traffic?
5. Unnecessary Pressure and close monitoring

Pros of Branch Offices
1. Liberty
2. Timely closure from the day's activities, as opposed to staffers in the Head office.
3. (It doesn't take me 20 minutes to get home after closing for the day) cheesy
4. It is quite easier for one to be noticed for doing the extraordinary (believe me)

Cons
1. Exposure to the big names might be almost impossible.
2. It could cause one to be lazy
3. Promotion could take longer than expected.

10 Likes

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by NameChecker: 11:40am On Feb 08, 2017
You still dey select? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 08, 2017
The competition , eye service and favouritism at Head Offices na die sha.

I'll prefer a branch office where my contributions will be valued and I'll grow faster.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by mickeyrova(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2017
Who doesn't want to work at the head office.
Take law school for instance, everybody wants to be in Abuja even when there are other five branches across the Country.
The privileges are awesome and inexhaustible!
Having said that,take a peek at this my beautiful urban hardcore rap song titled "let's flow". First of its kind!
Download @
http://m.padypady.com/music/4991/Lets-flow-Mickey-rova-MP3

1 Like

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Tomasboy(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2017
Branch lo sure ju o. . . Esun tere na d real money cheesy, and you're not likely to get that at head ovvice undecided
Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by biggerboyc(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2017
Ok
Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Cope1(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2017
I am in HQ and I must say d pressure and workload is very high but the experience I've acquired so far and exposure to trainings, conferences, seminars and workshops actually compensate for the pressure and workload.

5 Likes

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by sammieguze(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2017
Head office for those that are focused on making it to the top.

Branch office for the lazy ones who just want to continue collecting their regular change.

4 Likes

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Mayor38(m): 11:42am On Feb 08, 2017
Tail office fa?
Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Lilimax(f): 11:42am On Feb 08, 2017
I work at the head of office and it has so many advantages;
You can easily be seen and be recommended for promotion unlike in branch office whereby you can easily be forgotten
there embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by VcStunner(m): 11:44am On Feb 08, 2017
Well i've tried both and you just get to make ur choice by your individual preference. Some people love their comfort zone and HO don't give you that room.
Branch office:
It is said that who sees you determines who promotes or fires you and when. So if all you care about is stay in ya position with no worries. Then here is ur place.

Head office: well, here if you care about climbing the corporate ladder faster through hardwork and dedication. Also where u can get a pat at the back every Friday with careless 2k? Then HO is for you.
You can also get your ass fired real quick for not making oga's tea water steady at 60 degrees celsius.

12 Likes

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by dokunbam(m): 11:44am On Feb 08, 2017
Head office.

You are close to the ogas at the top
Close to promotion and recommendations
Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by wizkidblogger(f): 11:45am On Feb 08, 2017
Branch office so I can have enough time to do my other runz jare grin

7 Likes

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by abumeinben(m): 11:45am On Feb 08, 2017
Branch o...

So much politics, eye service, commands, gossips, work loads in so called head office, yet you earn same amount as in BO

4 Likes

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Cholls(m): 11:45am On Feb 08, 2017
my brother work for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Ohamzee: 11:45am On Feb 08, 2017
na wetin person go discourse bah where people never even see work do. kwontinu

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by DozieInc(m): 11:45am On Feb 08, 2017
HQ for the Boss
Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by abumeinben(m): 11:46am On Feb 08, 2017
Cholls:
by brother work for yourself.

Yeah....Magically.

2 Likes

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2017
Any of them is fine for me. As long as I'm neither rendered redundant nor overworked, I'm fine.

1 Like

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Hitdata2: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2017
Branch office..
Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2017
annexworld:
Head office. Branch na for the lazy ones. Say your mind on the issues affecting nigeria's educational issue. Say it now on [url]forum.insideeducation.ng[/url]

Your opinion is as myopic as your website

1 Like

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Hitdata2: 11:48am On Feb 08, 2017
Branch office is more flexible to head office... But i prefer head office... Cos I always want to be at the head
Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 08, 2017
Head Office... as CEO.
Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Ohamzee: 11:50am On Feb 08, 2017
all these guys sef. how many of una dey work

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Babymyne: 11:54am On Feb 08, 2017
even though i currently work at the head office of my company, i still prefer the branch office. the monitoring at the head office is just annoying. you have more peace of mind at the branch office

1 Like

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by Yinkatolu: 11:54am On Feb 08, 2017
Head
Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by seunny4lif(m): 11:56am On Feb 08, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
I no get work grin grin so I no understanding grin grin

1 Like

Re: Head Office Vs Branch Office: Where Do You Prefer To Work? by MrGreenMavro: 11:56am On Feb 08, 2017
grin

MEN NEVER GET WORK...U DY ASK YEYE QUESTION sad

WE WILL DECIDE WEN WE GET BETTER JOB sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Retrenchment: FG Commences Negotiations With Financial Unions / What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position / Earn #1000 Daily On Scooper App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.