Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? (1435 Views)

How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? / Nigerian Parents Should Stop This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by general111(m): 9:57am On Feb 08, 2017
Truth be told,i never actually thought this madness called match making still happens in this century.my next door neighbor is matching me with her fifteen yr old daughter. This very strange activity has caused her to throw her to throw herself at me.she told my mum not to look outside for a wife for me,that she has daughters I could chose from.one may think she was only joking,but when she keeps saying the same thing over and over is a sign of an ulterior motive.how do I stop this match making process without actually hurting anybody,because I no go Gree make person chose wife for me...it seems my mum is gradually buying into it sef.
Moreover she is still too young for such a thing.
Note I am ten years older than the said girl.
Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by blessedvisky(m): 10:11am On Feb 08, 2017
general111:
Truth be told,i never actually thought this madness called match making still happens in this century.my next door neighbor is matching me with her fifteen yr old daughter. This very strange activity has caused her to throw her to throw herself at me.she told my mum not to look outside for a wife for me,that she has daughters I could chose from.one may think she was only joking,but when she keeps saying the same thing over and over is a sign of an ulterior motive.how do I stop this match making process without actually hurting anybody,because I no go Gree make person chose wife for me...it seems my mum is gradually buying into it sef.
Moreover she is still too young for such a thing.
Note I am ten years older than the said girl.

Lol. She's just trying to secure her future. I bet you are comfortable enough with good prospects. She's trying to arrange a system whereby she will always have a say in your life and her daughter's life, becoming your 2nd mum that way. If she's a good person, I guess we can assume that the daughter will be good too. But if not, lipsrsealed.

But I feel that it's better to engage and marry someone known already rather than doing trial and error in the name of dating. Plus the girl is still young and impressionable. If she hasn't picked up any runs traits or gold digger attributes, then you can mend her into what you want from this young age. Goodluck bro

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by DTOBS(m): 10:19am On Feb 08, 2017
Ok
Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by general111(m): 10:21am On Feb 08, 2017
blessedvisky:

Lol. She's just trying to secure her future. I bet you are comfortable enough with good prospects. She's trying to arrange a system whereby she will always have a say in your life and her daughter's life, becoming your 2nd mum that way. If she's a good person, I guess we can assume that the daughter will be good too. But if not, lipsrsealed.

But I feel that it's better to engage and marry someone known already rather than doing trial and error in the name of dating. Plus the girl is still young and impressionable. If she hasn't picked up any runs traits or gold digger attributes, then you can mend her into what you want from this young age. Goodluck bro
lol..good advice.
But advice not acceptable...lol

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by general111(m): 10:23am On Feb 08, 2017
DTOBS:
Ok
na space booking be dis?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by blessedvisky(m): 10:24am On Feb 08, 2017
general111:
lol..good advice.
But advice not acceptable...lol
Y not? In 5-7 years, she'll be a full adult, done with school, and ripe for marriage. You just be 30-32,which is not a bad age to be married. You better secure your future now. And be assured of a good home in the future where you know each other completely.
Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by Richy4(m): 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
Just maybe she saw something special in you that makes her feel you are a husband material grin

You should be happy that a mum wants you to be a potential son in law.....Most of the time, no one is always good enough for their daughters...Except if you are a money bag....

Just smile and walk away any time the matter arises...There's no leash on your neck that tied you to marry any of her daughters or is there?
even the daughter haven't even said yes to you...so why are you wetting your pants prematurely ?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by simiolu1(m): 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2017
I really don't have problems with match-making; most parents do it at least once for their children. The problem I have is with dating someone that young. I have done it before and my fingers got burnt.

Ladies in that age range are impressionable but sadly most pick up bad habits and when you try to correct, you're most times labelled a "fun-spoiler", "oldie" or even "uncaring". What's really annoying is that they then leave you to date someone their age and end up learning the lessons you've been trying to teach.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by DTOBS(m): 3:18pm On Feb 08, 2017
general111:
na space booking be dis?

Nope ooo, na air booking.. .

Wetin you wan make I do?
Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by general111(m): 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
Richy4:
Just maybe she saw something special in you that makes her feel you are a husband material grin

You should be happy that a mum wants you to be a potential son in law.....Most of the time, no one is always good enough for their daughters...Except if you are a money bag....

Just smile and walk away any time the matter arises...There's no leash on your neck that tied you to marry any of her daughters or is there?
even the daughter haven't even said yes to you...so why are you wetting your pants prematurely ?
this is funny..lol
Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by general111(m): 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2017
simiolu1:
I really don't have problems with match-making; most parents do it at least once for their children. The problem I have is with dating someone that young. I have done it before and my fingers got burnt.

Ladies in that age range are impressionable but sadly most pick up bad habits and when you try to correct, you're most times labelled a "fun-spoiler", "oldie" or even "uncaring". What's really annoying is that they then leave you to date someone their age and end up learning the lessons you've been trying to teach.
word.
Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 09, 2017
what's wrong with u posters undecided if it was a 15 yr old boy would u advise the same thing.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop This Silly Match Making Process?? by general111(m): 3:57am On Feb 10, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
what's wrong with u posters undecided if it was a 15 yr old boy would u advise the same thing.
my dear e tire me see.the said girl is still too young for such a thing sef.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Split A.C For Sale(pix- SOLD OUT) / If Not For Blood......... / Electronic Hand Blenders For Your Food - See Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.