Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1974946 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by papaking1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
otokx:

I am excited to hear about a nice experience on Royal Air Maroc, kindly elaborate on your transit experience.

We left Lagos about 6:35am and landed in Casablanca after 10:am.
From there a bus drove us to a place with lots of chairs and a free wifi where we rested for about 6 hours till we were later driven again to the airport to checkin to Motreal.

We were fed four times. On the trip to Cassablanca, at the waiting hall and two time during the flight to Montreal.

I was most impressed by the way the flight crew attended to a white lady who was having health issue. they went all out to help the lady regain consciousness. she was handed to proper doctors immediately the plane landed at Montreal.

We got to Montreal around 8:30pm and after we cleared with immigration and had our PR paper signed, we had to wait till 5:am inside the airport to check in with Air Canada to board a flight to Winnipeg.

The most interesting part of the journey was when the immigration officer signed our papers and said "Congratulation, you now have all the rights of a Canadian citizen except the right to vote."

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Iamsheye(m): 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
impish:
Hi All,

Glad to have found this thread. Congrats to all who got PPR.

My family and I will be relocating to Canada (Ontario) next month. We are very excited about our upcoming move.

I started a blog - mycanadianfling - on our journey through this process. I am also including some information on how to get started on this Canadian Immigration process. Please feel free to check it out and send me your comments. .

Thank you all.....

Mrs. O.
nice blog
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
papaking1:

From there a bus drove us to a place with lots of chairs and a free wifi where we rested for about 6 hours till we were later driven again to the airport to checkin to Motreal.

We were fed four times. On the trip to Cassablanca, at the waiting hall and two time during the flight to Montreal.

I was most impressed by the way the flight crew attended to a white lady who was having health issue. they went all out to help the lady regain consciousness. she was handed to proper doctors immediately the plane landed at Montreal.

[b]We got to Montreal around 8:30pm and after we cleared with immigration and had our PR paper signed, we had to wait till 5:am inside the airport to check in with Air Canada to board a flight to Winnipeg.

The most interesting part of the journey was when the immigration officer signed our papers and said "Congratulation, you now have all the rights of a Canadian citizen except the right to vote."

So good to know that landing procedures can now be done at Quebec, in previous schemes, this was a grey area.

Intending PRs can note this point.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
impish:
Hi All,

Glad to have found this thread. Congrats to all who got PPR.

My family and I will be relocating to Canada (Ontario) next month. We are very excited about our upcoming move.

I started a blog - mycanadianfling - on our journey through this process. I am also including some information on how to get started on this Canadian Immigration process. Please feel free to check it out and send me your comments. .

Thank you all.....

Mrs. O.

Nice blog , did not find a comment section thou.

Regards.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by impish: 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
Dear Ballerz,

Thank you so much for your response. This is helpful. God bless you!!

I have so much to learn about Canada, and definitely about Ontario. I look forward to learning!!

Ballerz:

Nice Blog.
Ontario's slogan is "Yours to Discover"
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by impish: 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
Wow!!! Just what I wanted to read. We just paid for our tickets to Ottawa this afternoon, and the length of the layover, coupled with the flight time out of Lagos had me soooo bothered! Glad to know that we will be fine.

We have a toddler, so I am a bit concerned about his comfort during the layovers in Casablanca and then in Montreal. Were there any play areas for kids by any chance?

Also, was there the option to come out of the airport at Montreal to go to a nearby hotel for the night?

@bolded, omg! I cannot wait to hear those golden words. It is well, so thankful to God for bringing us all this far.

papaking1:

We got to Montreal around 8:30pm and after we cleared with immigration and had our PR paper signed, we had to wait till 5:am inside the airport to check in with Air Canada to board a flight to Winnipeg.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by alt3r3g0: 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
Babachi:

Hi. How long after your account was approved did you get pick up mail. My account got approved 17 July and passport was received 19 June. I wonder why mine is taking longer. Whats your visa office and Aor?

Same day.
Accra.
Aor 1st feb
Ppr 19th June.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by impish: 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
Very true. I had been quite worried about landing in Quebec, based on comments on another similar blog.

debbiejosh:

So good to know that landing procedures can now be done at Quebec, in previous schemes, this was a grey area.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by impish: 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hi Fusion23,

Thank you for checking out my blog. I believe you can leave comments at the bottom of each post. However, I will look into this, just to be certain.

Best,

Mrs. O

Fusion23:

Nice blog , did not find a comment section thou.

Regards.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by pearharbour(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
sammyengr:
How is life in Manitoba? I just got my Nomination from MPNP last week and planning to submit my application to CIC for my PR this month.
I want to ask that how is life in Manitoba ND how easily can I get a job. I m HND graduate of Elect/Elect Eng. with seven years of working experience in Telecoms field.

waiting for ur response .
Thanks

Sorry if am not in the position to answer your question. (I never travel yet)

Just want to ask if you were Nominated by under the Strategic Recruitment Initiative?
what was your Ranking Score?
finally, if you can tell us the process time.

Thanks, would appreciate your reply.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Yooku: 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
salford1:

Your best bet would be to search on linkedin for agric professionals. I know Canada is big on exporting wheat, canola, grains and beef. Canola industry alone in Canada is worth $1.2B a year. You would have to look at the prairies (Southern Manitoba, Southern Saskatchewan and southern Alberta) in that order. A few pics of farm fields I come across often times. Wheat, bins, corn, and Canola.

@Salford1 Someone was looking for "the guy who posts pictures" recently ooh. Thanks for relieving his famine wink

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chimah3(m): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
papaking1:

@canadiannurse

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by SlowlybtSurely: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
debbiejosh:

Thank God it's been cleared up. Never thought it was possible.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by SlowlybtSurely: 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
impish:
Wow!!! Just what I wanted to read. We just paid for our tickets to Ottawa this afternoon, and the length of the layover, coupled with the flight time out of Lagos had me soooo bothered! Glad to know that we will be fine.

We have a toddler, so I am a bit concerned about his comfort during the layovers in Casablanca and then in Montreal. Were there any play areas for kids by any chance?

Also, was there the option to come out of the airport at Montreal to go to a nearby hotel for the night?

@bolded, omg! I cannot wait to hear those golden words. It is well, so thankful to God for bringing us all this far.

Good to have an Ottawa neighbour!

Nice blog by the way. Is there any way one gets notification anytime you post?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 40manlappy: 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Thank God it's been cleared up. Never thought it was possible.

Interesting! Are you thinking what I am thinking? wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
40manlappy:

Of course, it's all about saving money.... LoL.
Every cent counts oooo....
Congrats on your PPR, start booking cheap tickets...lol

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 40manlappy: 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
debbiejosh:

Of course, it's all about saving money.... LoL.
Every cent counts oooo....
Congrats on your PPR, start booking cheap tickets...lol

Thank you cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 12:38am On Jul 19, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Good to have an Ottawa neighbour!

Nice blog by the way. Is there any way one gets notification anytime you post?

Nice have you moved to ottawa?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by debris: 1:53am On Jul 19, 2017
papaking1:

If am not mistaken I thought they said Quebec is not advisable for landing due to some processes or was it because you came with a PR visa??@papaking
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by SlowlybtSurely: 5:34am On Jul 19, 2017
Fusion23:

Nice have you moved to ottawa?

Not yet.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by SlowlybtSurely: 5:35am On Jul 19, 2017
40manlappy:

Always bro. wink
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Edilanco: 7:49am On Jul 19, 2017
Hi guys, is there anyone here who has completeted a 16months masters program.... Please was it exactly 16months post graduate work permit that was issued.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by JESUnifemi4eva: 9:48am On Jul 19, 2017
I know someone who got 12months work permit after a 16month masters programme...but a few of the person's classmates got 3yrs post grad work permit.

Edilanco:
Hi guys, is there anyone here who has completeted a 16months masters program.... Please was it exactly 16months post graduate work permit that was issued.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 19, 2017
papaking1:

Hloo sir...pls can you mail me at Sodiqtaiwo74@gmail.com or you drop your mail address ....Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Edilanco: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2017
JESUnifemi4eva:
I know someone who got 12months work permit after a 16month masters programme...but a few of the person's classmates got 3yrs post grad work permit.

u mean a few of his classmates that did the same 16month program got a 3 year work permit.? How come he got 12 months?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by JESUnifemi4eva: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
The classmates that got 12months are not Nigerians. (I don't know if it matters)....its all in GOD's hands....the person is now a PR though!
P.S: I don't have access to the email addy that was used to register my Nairaland account.
Edilanco:
u mean a few of his classmates that did the same 16month program got a 3 year work permit.? How come he got 12 months?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by amindondee: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
@Blackbuddy: please you have not replied mt email. Is there any other email address i can reach you on?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by papaking1(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
impish:

You will be fine in Cassablanca.

You may need to book a hotel to stay during the wait at Montreal because the airport is very cold with the numerous ACs. We had to dig into our bags to get out wrappers to cover our kids as I didn't want to go to a hotel. But the option of a hotel is available.

Once you are cleared at the point of entry, you can do as you please because you are already officially a PR

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Edilanco: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
JESUnifemi4eva:
The classmates that got 12months are not Nigerians. (I don't know if it matters)....its all in GOD's hands....the person is now a PR though!
P.S: I don't have access to the email addy that was used to register my Nairaland account.

But the ones that got 3years after the 16month program were they Nigerians?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Edilanco: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
JESUnifemi4eva:
The others that hot 3years where they Nigerians?... And the person u said u know that got 12months got a PR after just one year of working
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
They were not Nigerians (i.e. those that got 3yrs...but it could be mere coincidence). The person became PR via PNP-route after graduation....The Express Entry route is now pretty fast!

@Edilanco let's chat on the Express Entry thread,you will get more opinions from the seniors there...this thread is for those living in Canada.

Edilanco:

The others that hot 3years where they Nigerians?... And the person u said u know that got 12months got a PR after just one year of working

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.