Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1979773 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by yungreezy: 10:31pm On May 24, 2018
Hello guys,

Anyone landing in Toronto soon and looking to share an apartment?

Or any of the landed seniors with leads kindly assist. Landing in about two weeks. Been checking kijiji but contacting them from here is a hassle.

Help a bachelor
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Canadahelper: 10:42pm On May 24, 2018
salford1:

You are correct. I took C++ in school as part of my course completion requirement. I scored above 85% in the course but I just didn't enjoy programming. I can't see myself building a career in that field. Programming is not easy or fun for many people.

I’ll chip in and say programming is definitely not for everyone , you have to be able to think of problems in a very unusual way But I’ll always encourage everyone to at least give it a shot . Reason being I started out in a non IT degree , took a programming course by chance , found it pretty intuitive and I knew then I was gonna switch degrees . No harm in trying it and if it’s not for you , you lose nothing
Also no one should feel discouraged learning syntax , it’s probably the easiest part . With any programming language , I learn the basics in a few days and the rest you just check the docs . Most things are already done for you , wanna Sort elements , there’s a method , wanna find max or min that’s a simple method call , you just need to check the docs .
If you can figure out how to solve the problem , translating to code is just a matter of searching stackoverflow.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Eichie123(m): 10:45pm On May 24, 2018
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Eichie123(m): 10:45pm On May 24, 2018
TheCongo2:

Can you try the Federal Skilled Workers Program ?

https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
somebody is helping me out and i found out that it is TRV he is doing after i went for biometric, so i want to know if i have the TRV what are my chance of getting a work permit
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 10:47pm On May 24, 2018
Eichie123:
somebody is helping me out and i found out that it is TRV he is doing after i went for biometric, so i want to know if i have the TRV what are my chance of getting a work permit

None.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Eichie123(m): 11:08pm On May 24, 2018
TheCongo2:

None.
so there is no way i can go about it, that is difficult, so even if a company want to help me out over there
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Eichie123(m): 11:09pm On May 24, 2018
TheCongo2:

None.
i have not been there but there not that can not be done in life there must be a way out
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 11:14pm On May 24, 2018
Eichie123:
i have not been there but there not that can not be done in life there must be a way out

There are few ways you can go about it but there is no guarantee it will work.
You can apply for permanent resident on humanitarian grounds but there is no guarantee you will get it given that many people are turned down under this program.
You can apply for asylum if you qualify.
Or, a family member can sponsor you.

My best recommendation is the federal skilled program. Else, you may waste 10 years of your life in Canada and then end up by getting deported.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ejadike(m): 11:21pm On May 24, 2018
Good evening house... I've been doing some research lately on which province in Canada has a better standard of living, immigrants friendly, high employment rate and could offer student loan for undergraduate. Because I plan on starting school as an undergraduate all over from scratch. Please, ill appreciate any help. Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 11:30pm On May 24, 2018
Ejadike:
Good evening house... I've been doing some research lately on which province in Canada has a better standard of living, immigrants friendly, high employment rate and could offer student loan for undergraduate. Because I plan on starting school as an undergraduate all over from scratch. Please, ill appreciate any help. Thanks guys.

All provinces offer student loan for undergraduate.
As to your question about which province has better standard of living, or is immigrant friendly ... the answers will certainly be opened to debates.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ejadike(m): 11:31pm On May 24, 2018
TheCongo2:

All provinces offer student loan for undergraduate.
As to your question about which province has better standard of living, or is immigrant friendly ... the answers will certainly be opened to debates.
okay. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:49am On May 25, 2018
cutezain:

Thank you very much. Can I pm you.

You can. I'm still waiting for PPR though.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Eichie123(m): 6:14am On May 25, 2018
TheCongo2:

There are few ways you can go about it but there is no guarantee it will work.
You can apply for permanent resident on humanitarian grounds but there is no guarantee you will get it given that many people are turned down under this program.
You can apply for asylum if you qualify.
Or, a family member can sponsor you.

My best recommendation is the federal skilled program. Else, you may waste 10 years of your life in Canada and then end up by getting deported.
thanks you so much, because some body told me that an employer can do that for me
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 6:22am On May 25, 2018
Eichie123:
thanks you so much, because some body told me that an employer can do that for me

Coming to think about...
My barber is Jamaican. He once told me he first came to Canada on a visitor visa and tnen was sponsor by the barbershop for permanent residence

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Eichie123(m): 7:04am On May 25, 2018
TheCongo2:

Coming to think about...
My barber is Jamaican. He once told me he first came to Canada on a visitor visa and tnen was sponsor by the barbershop for permanent residence
thanks i hope somebody may get am employed to sponosor
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ejadike(m): 7:42am On May 25, 2018
maternal:

Alberta without a doubt. If I knew what I know now (I sound old) I would have never step foot in Ontario. I always tell newcomers to come to Alberta. The opportunities here is unbelievable. To answer your question, if you plan to be a geologist, Alberta is obviously the place to be with the oil being here. I currently work in the oilfields along with many Nigerians. My guy is actually a geologist. Though I don't know how to get certified. I would suggest to do the certification here (in Canada). Nothing done in naija would be trusted.

One last advice to newcomers. Chase stability and prosperity, NOT the name of a fancy degree. People here don't care about your status or what fancy degree you have. I work with literally small boys (mid 20's) with just a high school diploma, along with some professional courses, and years of experience making 100-250k per year. If you have a relevant trade, you'd be worshiped here. Whereas, I know people with fancy degrees but are unemployed or under-employed. My point is do what makes sense, not what you think others think of you.
Good morning from Nigeria. Please can I am you? I really need some insights from you please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:23am On May 25, 2018
Please answer biko
cnnelo:
Good day seniors in the house.

I've been reading this thread from page 1 and I can say that you are one big family here. Thank you.

Please I'd like to know if someone with a Canadian work visa (5years) can relocate his family to Canada.

Thank you as I await your prompt response.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dfash2000: 12:10pm On May 25, 2018
wisdom77:
Hello Seniors,
Pls has anyone here relocated with a niece or nephew, I will like to relocate with my 9yr old niece. How do I go about it?
Adoption is the only legal route

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by nwisipeter: 12:20pm On May 25, 2018
Hi, please i just got to prince george, Bc for sch, am so in need of a part time job, any link abeg i don search taya
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by bankylan: 12:34pm On May 25, 2018
JKJ6:
My people already living in Canny, i hail una o! Please, any idea of the certification that will be best for someone looking for opportunities in Transport and Logistics sector? My family and I will be in Canada in summer for about 3 weeks and return to Nigeria. We plan to relocate by the end of 2019 but before that time, i would like to have a certification in Transport and Logistics that will increase my chances of getting a good job very easily when we finally enter Canada.

Suggestions on the most sought after Canadian certification for Transport and Logistics will be most appreciated.

You can opt for CITL........You can even do it here in Nigeria with Multimix in Eric Moore. The certification is globally recognized.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by JKJ6: 1:05pm On May 25, 2018
Thanks!.. Are you in Canada? It appears that P.Log from The Logistics Institute and CCLP from CITT are some of the most recognized certifications for Transport and Logistics professionals in Canada.

I will really appreciate if someone on ground and perhaps in this sector can share their thoughts on the certification that will give one advantage over the others.

bankylan:

You can opt for CITL........You can even do it here in Nigeria with Multimix in Eric Moore. The certification is globally recognized.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TEECANN: 2:16pm On May 25, 2018
maternal:
Alberta without a doubt. If I knew what I know now (I sound old) I would have never step foot in Ontario. I always tell newcomers to come to Alberta. The opportunities here is unbelievable. To answer your question, if you plan to be a geologist, Alberta is obviously the place to be with the oil being here. I currently work in the oilfields along with many Nigerians. My guy is actually a geologist. Though I don't know how to get certified. I would suggest to do the certification here (in Canada). Nothing done in naija would be trusted.

One last advice to newcomers. Chase stability and prosperity, NOT the name of a fancy degree. People here don't care about your status or what fancy degree you have. I work with literally small boys (mid 20's) with just a high school diploma, along with some professional courses, and years of experience making 100-250k per year. If you have a relevant trade, you'd be worshiped here. Whereas, I know people with fancy degrees but are unemployed or under-employed. My point is do what makes sense, not what you think others think of you.

TheCongo2:

My sister and her family have relocated to Alberta from Ontario. She has been saying the exact same words you have posted.

For an accountant/finance person, will this Alberta choice over Ontario still holds sway??

Because we have heard it so often here- Ontario is generally expensive in cost of living whilst Alberta is way better off.

Will it be true for an accountant to relate to this is the same light as a geologist or petroleum engineer in Alberta especially as in concerns getting multiple opportunities for finance jobs?

It will end in praise IJN!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 2:16pm On May 25, 2018
TheCongo2:

Coming to think about...

That's hard to believe. Barbars are not in short demand.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 2:17pm On May 25, 2018
Ejadike:
Good morning from Nigeria. Please can I am you? I really need some insights from you please.

You can ask it here
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 2:30pm On May 25, 2018
maternal:

Hello maternal,
That is a good point you made. I was thinking about that as well.
But then again what about the nannies. Many ladies are getting permanent resident status by working as nannies. There are agencies bringing nannies from the Philippines. You can also sponsor a nanny from your home country.
Would you say there is a difference between a nanny and a barber?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by JKJ6: 2:46pm On May 25, 2018
bankylan:

Thanks!.. Are you in Canada? It appears that P.Log from The Logistics Institute and CCLP from CITT are some of the most recognized certifications for Transport and Logistics professionals in Canada.

I will really appreciate if someone on ground and perhaps in this sector can share their thoughts on the certification that will give one advantage over the others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ejadike(m): 3:35pm On May 25, 2018
maternal:

You can ask it here
okay, I intend on starting school all over when I come to Canada but I don't have any skill yet aside from sales experience and photography. Which job do you think I can venture into that I could earn a reasonable amount in Canada while I go to school and which province do you think is best for to get jobs easily? What line of work do you do and is it possible I learn it over there or here? Pardon my random questions, I'm just confused on what to go for.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Naturalized(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2018
TheCongo2:

simiolu1,

I checked lynda.com and the pricing seems to be higher than those listed on Udemy.
On Udemy, there are always promotions going on.
As a result of the promo, a course on Udemy is about $14.

Have you tried books? That's also a way to get yourself occupied since alot of what is taught on YT and Udemy are mostly surface material. You could always join web communities on your choice language to ask questions and understand further.

Be aware, learning alone doesn't make you a programmer until you apply the skill to solve real-world problems.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by phemmisky(m): 4:15pm On May 25, 2018
maziude:

Boss, abeg no vex oh... Shey dem no get office ni abi bank account?

Alternatively, you can contact them for quick resolution of your matter.

Boss, i have been admitted to uottawa, pls i need your clarifications regarding some things, i already sent you a PM, pls respond sir. thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maziude: 5:02pm On May 25, 2018
phemmisky:

Boss, i have been admitted to uottawa, pls i need your clarifications regarding some things, i already sent you a PM, pls respond sir. thank you

Boss,

It has been awhile I checked my PMs.

If you don't mind, can you list the issues you need clarifications on here?

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Eichie123(m): 5:54pm On May 25, 2018
maternal:

so with my TRV i can not get a sponsor to help me out with a work permit
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Eichie123(m): 5:55pm On May 25, 2018
TheCongo2:

Hello maternal,
That is a good point you made. I was thinking about that as well.
But then again what about the nannies. Many ladies are getting permanent resident status by working as nannies. There are agencies bringing nannies from the Philippines. You can also sponsor a nanny from your home country.
Would you say there is a difference between a nanny and a barber?
so some one coming from nigeria with a TRV can not get a sponsor

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: numbersalone and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.