Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1979741 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Gabzi28: 11:03am On Aug 20, 2018
Newmum0615:
Hmm. So do you think it's a possibility that if someone requests for a reissue, the old one would be cancelled on their system?
no it won't.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newbeecey: 11:46am On Aug 20, 2018
pming right about now
czaratwork:
so sorry. i posted the information here on monday but it was deleted and i was also suspended for 2 days. please if you need info on how to convert your ACCA to CPA please let me have your pm and in my response i will send it to you. the process is long so please start now.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 11:47am On Aug 20, 2018
Nice. Thanks.
Gabzi28:
no it won't.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newbeecey: 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
mmhhhnnn....I dont know about those skills o. I am however brushing up the threatening skills, if you report, they will take you away from mummy..... grin
toyogirl:
Loool! That makes 2 of us @ your son...now, one has to learn special skills to explain the implication to then nicely... grin...

on a lighter note, have you ever thought of brushing up on skills to deal with kids esp boys without yelling sometimes? cheesy Remember you can't even try to use any form of cane there ooo and boys can try someone ehn! cry cry...I have all boys! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by abakiki(f): 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
You are not alone! AOR is also May, LVO is Accra and still in IP1 stage. Checked on immitracker and Accra seem to have gone to sleep.
Une16:
Hello seniors in the house.... good job u guys are doing guiding others..

My AOR is May, I sent an email to IRCC regarding my VO and the confirmed it was Accra.

Please for those who got their application processed in AVO, what is their average processing time and how long it took to get PPR. My NOC is 3131 and am a sigle applicant.

Inbtwn is der any whatsapp group or canada visa thread I cud join for pple whose application is being processed in AVO??

Please help a friend....
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hmm, taking notes. I will be needing those threatening skills too.
Newbeecey:
mmhhhnnn....I dont know about those skills o. I am however brushing up the threatening skills, if you report, they will take you away from mummy.....haaboutdat? grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Akingsqueen: 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hmmm,
Nice one. Permit me to borrow this skill for immediate application abeg.
I have to learn and constantly remind myself not to yell or spank.
Diary of a 9ja mum.

Newbeecey:
mmhhhnnn....I dont know about those skills o. I am however brushing up the threatening skills, if you report, they will take you away from mummy.....haaboutdat? grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by jholarharde(f): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
Newbeecey:

undecided I can shout for Africa cry. rigorous no shouting training commences

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
cry I hope they don't arrest me there. This thing is hard abeg.
jholarharde:

undecided I can shout for Africa cry. rigorous no shouting training commences

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newbeecey: 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
LOL because u cannot learn how to use left hand in old age, spanking requires no prior thinking. I am actually consciously learning to spank to correct not to dismember, so help me God. So asking me not to spank or yell at all is like just carrying the child away because #kidswillalwaysbekids and #icannotgoandcomeandkillmyself. But I am expectant to see how this will go for me, will be a fantastic phase to grow into.

But i really do spoil them enough to be able to threaten them with seperation
Newmum0615:
Hmm, taking notes. I will be needing those threatening skills too.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by newbie18: 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hello Guys.
Please I will like to know which be a wiser option?
Do I convert my POF from GBP to USD in Nigeria or wait till I arrive and convert my GBP to USD and CAN?
Anticipating your responses.
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by smslive2: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2018
Why do you want to change from GBP to USD first and not GBP to CAN direct?
newbie18:
Hello Guys.
Please I will like to know which be a wiser option?
Do I convert my POF from GBP to USD in Nigeria or wait till I arrive and convert my GBP to USD and CAN?
Anticipating your responses.
Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by newbie18: 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2018
smslive2:
Why do you want to change from GBP to USD first and not GBP to CAN direct?

If I'm changing from Naija, then the CAN direct will not be feasible na. Abi is there anyway of getting CAN from Naija?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by smslive2: 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
You can change from Canada instead
newbie18:

If I'm changing from Naija, then the CAN direct will not be feasible na. Abi is there anyway of getting CAN from Naija?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newbeecey: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
@canadafly , kayla10 u pple shld please leave our "how was ur night alone" biko. Im sure some of us will still tell some people "I greeted you and u dint answer, dd you not hear me?" lol . just joking sha, but it will be quite a culture shock not to be able to say how is your baby especially if you told me she had the flu yesterday
Kayla10:

I was genuinely befuddled the first time someone asked me that question. I took it quite literally and couldn't quite figure out why they needed to know about my night. I didn't know how to answer and had to ask someone else about it as I didn't know when it became the norm to ask people about their after dark activities.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Oladainty(f): 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hello E-Family,
I will be traveling via Turkish Airline. My flight connection is Lagos - Instabul - Heathrow - Canada. I will like to know if a london transit visa is required. Any one with similar experience should kindly assist with a response. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by jholarharde(f): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
Newmum0615:
cry I hope they don't arrest me there. This thing is hard abeg.
the arrest somtin is a secret fear cry
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by cheromel: 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
Newbeecey:
LOL because u cannot learn how to use left hand in old age, spanking requires no prior thinking. I am actually consciously learning to spank to correct not to dismember, so help me God. So asking me not to spank or yell at all is like just carrying the child away because #kidswillalwaysbekids and #icannotgoandcomeandkillmyself. But I am expectant to see how this will go for me, will be a fantastic phase to grow into.

But i really do spoil them enough to be able to threaten them with seperation

Chai I have to also learn the skills oo. Me that can shout and spank for Africa. God help me ooo.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Shinningqueen31(f): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
Please how long did it take to get a response to your mail?
abakiki:
You are not alone! AOR is also May, LVO is Accra and still in IP1 stage. Checked on immitracker and Accra seem to have gone to sleep.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by newbie18: 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2018
smslive2:
You can change from Canada instead

Alright thanks boss
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2018
agates:

So technically if I have a stop in Frankfurt and Heathrow it should not apply although Lufthansa on its on site says transiting through two countries in Europe requires a visa. I also got confused when I saw that cos London is Europe even though not schengen .
I don't think you need a visa to transit in the UK as long as you are not changjng airports.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 11:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
As regards this driver's license issue. I am inclined to believe that if you have the frsc biometric license and that is the license thay has expired and you are renewing it, your date of 1st issue would not change on the renewed license. So, this means that your driving experience is retained. I think that it's when the old Nigerian non-biometric license is renewed and a new biometric license is issued that the date of 1st issue changes.
Everyone I know who has renewed their expired biometric license has the date of 1st issue unchanged. If anyone has a different experience, please share. See photo attached. Looping Newmum0615

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by A555: 11:34pm On Aug 20, 2018
Oladainty:
Hello E-Family,
I will be traveling via Turkish Airline. My flight connection is Lagos - Instabul - Heathrow - Canada. I will like to know if a london transit visa is required. Any one with similar experience should kindly assist with a response. Thank you

What's your route exactly? You indicated Heathrow-Canada...but didn't say where in Canada.

Generally, if you look at the itinerary, you can work out if you need a transit visa or not. Do you need to exit the airport? What airline are you arriving in Heathrow with (I assume Turkish) and what airline are you departing on? This will advise what terminals you'll be using and can help provide a response.

I did a quick check on the website and I find all flights to Toronto as LOS-IST-YYZ, which does not pass through Heathrow. So...what is your exact itinerary.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Oladainty(f): 11:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
[quote author=A555 post=70464699]
Thank you for ur response.
From Nigeria to Instabul (Turkish Airline)
From instabul to Heathrow (Turkish Airline)
From Heathrow to St. John's Newfoundland (Air Canada)
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by DatechMan(m): 1:03am On Aug 21, 2018
Guitarlife:

I Vcole thanks for your assistance here, I have a drivers license that expired in February 2018. I saw a post here sometimes that says we can apply for a drivers license in Canada with an expired Nigerian license, I am not keen on driving here in Nigeria before landing in Canada.

Can I just bring that over to Canada next year and use it to apply for a driving license ?Is there any problem with that ?
You can't bring an expired license to apply for Canadian license. This may vary by province. The general assumption is that the license must be valid upon landing.

You still have time. Renew your license now.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by A555: 5:43am On Aug 21, 2018
Oladainty:

Thank you for ur response.
From Nigeria to Instabul (Turkish Airline)
From instabul to Heathrow (Turkish Airline)
From Heathrow to St. John's Newfoundland (Air Canada)

Are you 100% sure this is the itinerary you're getting? A random check on Turkish Airlines gives a different "typical" itinerary: LOS (Lagos)-IST (Istanbul)-YYZ (Toronto) or YUL (Montreal)-YYT (St John's).

That said, both Air Canada and Turkish Airlines use Terminal 2 in Heathrow, so you should not require a visa as you should be able to connect without having to pass through UK immigrations.

Hopefully someone with specific experience will chime in to confirm.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Aim4Dtop: 6:00am On Aug 21, 2018
@Newmum please check your email, thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by cannywhitesoup: 6:01am On Aug 21, 2018
hi everyone.
i'm a builder by profession. say for instance i want to get a job in Canada or i wish to start my own renovation outfit, what are the procedures i would need to go through to achieve that?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by illiasnwm: 6:01am On Aug 21, 2018
CoCoLav:

30 days before your wife’s permit is to expire, she should apply to change her status to a visitor’s visa. After you get a job with your PGWP and you have gotten 3 payslips, she should apply for a work permit. If you are lucky enough to get a job immediately after graduation and before her status expires, then she should apply for an extension of her work permit instead of a visitors visa.

If she applies for an extension when you the PA does not have a job, she is likely to be denied. She needs to use your payslips and job offer letter to apply for an extension. Note that your job offer does not have to be full time.

Please also note that your job offer must be in a Noc O, A or B category.

Don’t know how to thank you enough!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by illiasnwm: 6:02am On Aug 21, 2018
nnysmuse:
Hi,

You can apply for express entry using your Nysc experience or any other experience you had in Nigeria (atleast one year with job reference in cic format) and your Nigerian/Canadian qualifications. You will have to write IELTS or CELPIP. Use the CSR tool on cic website to calculate your score and apply for your family as FSW inland.

Another option will be to wait and get a job to have Canadian experience for one year then apply as CEC using your job reference letter and other requirements.

If your wife is currently working in Canada with her visa, she may qualify for one of the PR visas streams. Use the CSR tool to calculate her score.

All the best

You guys are amazing. Immensely appreciated!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 21, 2018
DatechMan:

You can't bring an expired license to apply for Canadian license. This may vary by province. The general assumption is that the license must be valid upon landing.

You still have time. Renew your license now.
Thank you for responding, but it seems I am not getting the point here.

Someone said they do not recognise a new license So If I renew now thats gonna be issued maybe later this year isnt the fact the license is a new one going to be an issue ?

Am not sure really but I think someone mentioned it is going to be.
I guess am not totally clear on this.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by joo2018: 7:50am On Aug 21, 2018
Hi. Read vcole's post on this page 354.
Guitarlife:

Thank you for responding, but it seems I am not getting the point here.

Someone said they do not recognise a new license So If I renew now thats gonna be issued maybe later this year isnt the fact the license is a new one going to be an issue ?

Am not sure really but I think someone mentioned it is going to be.
I guess am not totally clear on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.