Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1979893 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by luffyhaki: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2018
vascey:

Can you paste the group link here. It will be more effective. Not sure how the pm thing works.
i don't understand how to post links on nairaland but i have sent you a PM
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Tojued: 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2018
luffyhaki:

i don't understand how to post links on nairaland but i have sent you a PM

Replace the dot in the link with (dot)

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by threadstone(m): 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
ChinenyeT:
Hi, anybody living in Winnipeg, Manitoba, I need help with a few questions. Thanks

How may I be of service?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by CPEThorpe(m): 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
Tojued:

Replace the dot in the link with (dot)

I can't see any dot in the link
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by aycapri(m): 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2018
Good evening house, I need somebody to please put me through on how to apply for candadian visa. Am applying for me and my wife. I will be so glad if someone can help.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by kylexy61(m): 1:04am On Sep 16, 2018
Wow...Calgary/Edmonton already experiencing freezing weather?
While we the Torontonians are still enjoying summer-style weather.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rafsbeck: 1:35am On Sep 16, 2018
Why is it Snowing in September in Edmonton! Did not prepare for snow o.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by joo2018: 6:11am On Sep 16, 2018
Study page 1 of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
aycapri:
Good evening house, I need somebody to please put me through on how to apply for candadian visa. Am applying for me and my wife. I will be so glad if someone can help.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by khinde: 11:06am On Sep 16, 2018
khinde:

I tried joining but no luck tho
I tried clicking on join chat but no luck. It keeps taking me back to my WhatsApp home page
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by yengi: 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2018
yengi:
Hello seniors, we are a family of four , 2 adults and 2 children, and plan on settling in gatineau Quebec because of the perceived affordability of apartments and daycares whilst we look for jobs in Ottawa or elsewhere. Challenge is we don't speak French. Kindly advice if this is a good choice 2. If there are payoffs between home and daycare affordability to other expenses 3. Provinces and cities we can opt for aside the above mentioned.
Your kind responses will greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Any ideas or contributions on this is greatly anticipated. Thank you

Any ideas on
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by naposium(m): 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
Can somebody give me a guide.... I'mon study permit here in South Africa and I want to relocate to Canada what are my chances and also have been to. Some other countries... I'm finishing my diploma study this November but I still have 2 years left on my permit
... Response will be appreciated
Pls kindly respond to my request as any information will be more accepted thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Vancouver4(f): 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2018
Finally caught up with the thread.... It's not easy o

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Pipes1759: 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2018
I think it basically depends on what you want...i found a 3bd wth front and backyard and double garage in NW for 1200..the utilities and gym and in suite laundry is a great catch if u can afford it
sweetrie:
Please is this a deal or too expensive in south east Edmonton.

Fully furnished executive unit with 2 bed, 2 bathrooms (very convenient), in-suite laundry, separate storage room, fully stocked kitchen with all appliances and housewares for only $1695/ month with all utilities, secure underground heated parking, and free gym access. Or you can have it for $1495 where you pay your own utilities.

This unit is in an excellent family-friendly safe neighborhood, quick access to all services, amenities, schools, parks, shops, restaurants, grocery, etc. Very convenient public transit s/ bus top is less than 2 minutes walk.
Edmonton people please help. I need to have an idea of what to look out for. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by esosa4real(m): 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2018
benji1111:

Good day Esosa, please I’m interested in joining the Doctors pathway Canada WhatsApp group page. I’ve got some experiences to share with others on a similar path and would love to learn from others too. Thanks.

Bros, just imagine...I am just seeing your message after two months, very sorry, been away from naira land for a while now. I just sent you a PM.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Pipes1759: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
VERY LONG LANDING GIST!!!!(Directed by kunle afolayan)
So we decided to leave naija(via abj) on the 12th of september. Prior to that,packing wasnt easy as we had to dispose stuff, shed clothes and other unnecessary load we wont be needing. Went to the market to shop for foodstuff to travel with whick was very tedious cos my babe was heavy and i had to do most shopping. Let me advice those of u that are planning to come in october upwards, winter is not coming, winter is already here and it will disgrace all your naija clothings in one sweep.i went to fool masef with some jackets i bought thinking i was ready for the white walkers( if only i knew)...so fast forward to travel day. We flew Ethopian airlines. Take off was 1 pm so i decided to arrive at the airport by 8 so that i can deal with baggage early enuf before their eyes start to chuk for crowd and also to be able to get great seats for my people. Please you should have said all your goodbyes before going in for check in cos that matter na long process. We ddnt finish until past twelve( shedding excesses and negotiating on how much to pay for bag upgrades). By this time, hunger don dey blow, we decided to go outside to goan greet out people based on byebye finally (bad bad bad idea). Na so we start to snap, who dey cry dey cry.. we shaa entered airport and realised that there was queue for immigration and customs..by the time we were done, dem don dey board already so no time to even buy food (problem). We shaa entered plane and sat down hoping they will serve food asap only for me to notice that na so so alhajis and alhajas full the plane. I went to ask if we were on the right plane(make e no be say na saudi we dey go) and they said the plane will pass kano first. We got to kano and most of the alhajis and alhajas dropped (sigh) then new sets entered...all this one,dem still never serve food o..we shaa had a delay for 1:20 at kano before taking off to Addis Ababa...the flight was long shaa o..we slept and woke up when they were serving food..people of God, those people’s food no be here oo. If i had know, i for put one carton of gala for hand luggage, we just ate the chicken pieces on the food and the small bread on the side, the rest was history. Because of the delay at kano, we couldnt have a layover at addis, we had to immediately board the second aircraft to toronto (no time to stop and buy food again����)...but meanwhile, their airport and aircrafts are one in town, nigeria na learner by far if u want to hear the truth. We shaa took off and they served us the wakanda food again( we ate the chicken pieces and the bread only again)..by this time the hunger don dey finish out data..i just went to meet one of the hostesses and told her that we cant eat the wakanda food..people of God, dont be shy to talk when you need epp, you can just die..na so the aunty pack many bread and juice give us..we slept off and woke up almost at dublin. There was in flight entertainment so we had great movies to watch all thru. When we stopped at dublin to refuel, that was how village people attacked one passenger and they had to bring in paramedics to attend to the person. That one cost us like 2 hours..we shaa took off and landed toronto wch was very sunny and warm..as we landed, immigration documentation was long but smooth..they did not ask to check my pof (based on blood of God) and they were very nice to us..we then went to air canada to take out connecting flight to Edmonton but based on all the delay drama, we had missed the flight. They booked us for another one then we went to EAT������...when we landed edmonton, come and see ice freezing cold like say no be d same canada toronto dey...i activated my naija jacket but it was disgraced immediately..because of the delay, 4 out of out 6 bags ddnt land with us, so we gave them our landing address then proceeded home to eat some more..the following day, we went to get our sins, opem bank accounts and buy proper clothings..by monday we will register for health card and mans will start looking for work.. biko nu, anyone in Edmonton should pls reach out as i will like to meet people and know as e dey go..thank you and wakanda forever

135 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by sweetrie(f): 5:04pm On Sep 16, 2018
Pipes1759:
I think it basically depends on what you want...i found a 3bd wth front and backyard and double garage in NW for 1200..the utilities and gym and in suite laundry is a great catch if u can afford it
very nice. Southwest seems more expensive, just that I have a relative there. I just want a 2bd.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by otokx(m): 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2018
Wakanda food got me laughing.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by jhoci: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2018
grin grin OMG!! You just made my afternoon. Wishing you all the best in Canada!

Pipes1759:

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mosky47: 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2018
Pipes1759:
So we decided to leave naija(via abj) on the 12th of september. Prior to that,packing wasnt easy as we had to dispose stuff, shed clothes and other unnecessary load we wont be needing.

Congrats and happy landing.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
esosa4real:

Bros, just imagine...I am just seeing your message after two months, very sorry, been away from naira land for a while now. I just sent you a PM.
Can you also send me a mail on ayonaira@yahoo.com I would love to join the whatsap group too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Favoured2505: 6:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
I literally fell off my seat laughing...lol. you sure cracked me up with this very interesting gist. May Canny land favour you and yours , Amen.

Pipes1759:
So we decided to leave naija(via abj) on the 12th of september. Let me advice those of u that are planning to come in october upwards, winter is not coming, winter is already here and it will disgrace all your naija clothings in one sweep.i went to fool masef with some jackets i bought thinking i was ready for the white walkers( if only i knew)...so fast forward to travel day. We flew Ethopian airlines. EAT������...when we landed edmonton, come and see ice freezing cold like say no be d same canada toronto dey...i activated my naija jacket but it was disgraced immediately..

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by joo2018: 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
Great wakanda story. All the best to you in Cannyland.
Pipes1759:
So we decided to leave naija(via abj) on the 12th of september.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by joo2018: 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
Salut. You can try typing "gatineau" in the search bar and read earlier discussions.
yengi:
Hello seniors, we are a family of four , 2 adults and 2 children, and plan on settling in gatineau Quebec because of the perceived affordability of apartments and daycares whilst we look for jobs in Ottawa or elsewhere. Challenge is we don't speak French. Kindly advice if this is a good choice 2. If there are payoffs between home and daycare affordability to other expenses 3. Provinces and cities we can opt for aside the above mentioned.
Your kind responses will greatly appreciated. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.