Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,068 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:21 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1963239 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by kylexy61(m): 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
ottawasenators:
lol @ 8°C is not too bad na. meaning its bad abi? grin grin grin

GlitteringStar:

Lol. It is not bad at all. wink cheesy

Its bad if that's your 1st time experiencing it. But he'll get used to it very quickly.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by victor83(m): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
Thank you Bsbabe..I have a couple of questions.. Did you get certified in 9ja before leaving or you took the courses in canny. I'm currently learning the courses on BA I got from udemy and like u said we handle some of these things in our daily routines atwork. Please highlight fuether on where you got the certifications.

Bsbabe:
Hi guys,

I have received quite a number of emails in the last two days since I responded to @TheCongo2 about being a BA. I have tried to respond to some but since I can only share my own personal experience and I seem to be repeating myself in every email, I am posting my response (modified) to the OP here for anyone interested and also so that anyone who still has questions can ask it here and other BAs can respond and contribute more to the pool of knowledge.

Let’s start with companies that can work for you best. That will definitely depend on where you are planning to land and the opportunities in that city. I think a first start may be for you to go to sites like Indeed and Workopolis to get an idea of how prevalent BA jobs are on your side of town.

So for me, that’s where you should start from. Then when you see these job postings, review a good number of them to determine the skill requirement ask that is consistent across the different job postings and compare these skill requirements to what you currently have now. In doing that, I would advise you dig deep and think well about your experience because you may have a number of the skills but the way they are presented, you may think ‘oh no, I haven’t done that before’ simply because the work was not presented in the same format in Nigeria.

Now for the BA world, the most important skill I believe is your ability to communicate and analyze. And the way you present yourself starting from your resume is a skill in itself. As a BA, you will see them asking for experience and skills in the areas of requirements elicitation, requirements documentation, requirements analysis including the knowledge of BPMN and UML (which covers the development of Use Cases), as well as requirements specification and tracing. Also, knowledge of SDLC is very important – especially Agile/Waterfall and then skills in using Microsoft office tools and in a number of cases, SQL and/or Tableau for data analytics. Oh yes, also knowledge of developing test cases as well.

If you are not familiar with these terms, I would advise you go online to do some research. In my case, I bought some BA courses online from Udemy and learnt everything I needed to learn and familiarized myself with the BA terminology here as these terms may appear strange to you at first but after going through BA courses, you will realize they are experiences you have one way or the other but we didn’t use these terms in Nigeria. BA trainings are really expensive (but required if you want to become certified as a CBAP – Certified Business Analyst Professional). So I started with Udemy but still attended a BA training as I needed the units to register for CBAP. I also got myself certified in Agile software development process – so I got certified as a Scrum Master and a Scrum Product Owner. You will see some BA job postings also asking for some Agile or specifically Scrum knowledge. Now, the agile certifications are good to have as they may place you above another candidate if it comes down to a selection but is not a necessity straight away and I say this because honestly, they are not cheap. Each one will set you back at least about $1,200- $1,500 depending on the trainer (You can also research this). I also learnt SQL online and found that from the job postings I reviewed, there were a number of them asking for knowledge of JIRA (this is an issue tracking tool used by most companies now) so I learnt how to use JIRA too and also dabbled into a bit of Tableau.

Lastly, once you are familiar enough with BA terminology and all and you are confident, then go ahead and build your resume, tailoring it to each job posting. So first of all, build a master BA resume which will have your experience presented in light of all the BA terminology so e.g. “elicited requirements from customers and documented them for the development team to execute......”, “analyzed requirements, ensuring prioritization of needs according to business goals.......”… something like that (by the time you review and understand what a BA does, you would understand what I mean). Also, present your system skills – so for example “proficient in the use of Microsoft office (advanced Excel is a required skill)” etc. In my case, I added stuff like “working knowledge of SQL and JIRA (as I couldn’t claim to be an expert since I just learnt how to use it).

So, I guess that’s the summary of it for me. Your resume is the first contact they will have with you so that’s by far the most critical document you need to develop. And ensure you tailor the resume you submit to the job posting and its requirements. No embellishments though and of course no lies as you will need to defend what you write in an interview. Just try and present your experience in a relevant manner. I really hope I have covered everything from my experience but if you have any more questions or clarifications, let me know.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mepconsultant: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
salford1:

1. I guess those "some" actually meant that Ontario is more culturally diverse and not necessarily more accommodating to newcomers than other provinces. There are good people and bad people in all provinces.

2. Job prospects for HVAC is good either at the trades level or the Engineering level; however, there would be more job openings for techs than Engineers in the HVAC industry.

If I were in your shoes, I would continue in the HVAC career because you already have 3 years of work experience in that field, and the prospects for HVAC is equally good in Canada due to our very cold winters and hot summers. NAIT in Edmonton has a one year HVAC technician program and a 2 years building HVAC Systems program. Enrol on the one year program for a start, while pursuing your PEng (EIT) at the same time. By the time you are done with the one year program, you would have built a strong network of professionals in that industry, and coupled with your 3 years work experience - you might just be employed straight out of school by an HVAC company. The foot in the door would open you up to many hidden Engineering and Technologists opportunities that do not make it to job vacancy websites.

http://www.nait.ca/program_home_78351.htm

http://www.nait.ca/program_home_78295.htm

You may also decide not to attend a school and instead work your way up via applying for junior roles/entry positions tech roles or EIT openings based solely on your non-canadian qualifications/experience, but this might be a difficult path to take.

3. Power Engineering is good in Alberta because a lot of oil companies use the steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) technology to recover heavy crude oil and bitumen from the ground. Steam is injected into the oil well to heat and reduce the viscosity of bitumen. The school helps with industry links and alumni network to help their grads get their first jobs in these companies.

Thanks so much @Salford1. You've really been helpful. From your analysis, I think Alberta looks promising as against all I have heard. I will assume you are in my shoes (#smiles) and continue in my HVAC line. I have done a little research wrt NAIT as advised. I will work on your suggestions and get back if I need more help. Tanx so much bro. God bless u more.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mepconsultant: 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2018
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by DaddyTheFather: 12:10am On Oct 15, 2018
my seniors...dem don give me PPR o...been observing this thread for a while, waiting to be able to say my piece...

gotten a lot of useful info from it sofar...I will keep reading so that I hopefully dont ask any questions already answered...wife and I are planning ontario cos we are both finance pros (auditor and analyst)...really grateful for all the info here sofar...

speacial shoutout to salford and blackbuddy...just searching for the replies from you guys alone has saved a lot of effort...

35 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Linsigne(m): 6:14am On Oct 15, 2018
Please how many months does pnp takes and mpnp also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 7:11am On Oct 15, 2018
Ekaaaboooo and Congratulations!

DaddyTheFather:
my seniors...dem don give me PPR o...been observing this thread for a while, waiting to be able to say my piece...

gotten a lot of useful info from it sofar...I will keep reading so that I hopefully dont ask any questions already answered...wife and I are planning ontario cos we are both finance pros (auditor and analyst)...really grateful for all the info here sofar...

speacial shoutout to salford and blackbuddy...just searching for the replies from you guys alone has saved a lot of effort...

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by crystalllllllll: 7:11am On Oct 15, 2018
einsteino:
Landed yesterday. Thanks to you all for all the assistance. Abeg make una no vex, i go post landing gist much later. What I can say for now is, the cold can not be exaggerated. I don't know how people even manage to call this weather for two, maybe they mean two polar bears not humans. landed in 8 degrees Celsius o, Canada has one spiritual breeze that could make you feel you used liquid Nitrogen for body lotion. Well sha, we don come be say we don come, Okada gear no get reverse.

The country make brain sha, its my first time being outside the shores of Nigeria though. If we can get a guarantee of no slavery, no apartheid, I go just say make them come Naija colonise us, as we no gree get sense.

8°C warm oh. Lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 7:17am On Oct 15, 2018
Pele o @JKJ6. Call +1 888 242 2100. I used a skype calling app because I am outside CA so you need good network quality too.
I started calling from 12.45pm naija time so that wait time to connect to an agent was reduced. Have your UCI no. close by

JKJ6:
I seem to be in the same situation as you. Please, can you share the number you called? Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Gokoyer0(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2018
Nice.
maternal:

I feel you're trying to run before learning how to walk. As a result, you're bound to make some mistake. I'm trying to figure out why you're in a rush to enter school so quickly ? You're a PR or will be. I'd enter the country, stay in your AnB until you secure a place in peel region. Register your child in school while you get a job. ANY JOB. Even if na McDonalds. Then sit down, conduct your research on what benefits you're entitled too, then make a game plan. Boss 13 said : "In Canada, more Particularly Ontario - you need to ask. If you don’t ask, nobody would direct you." That was my biggest mistake back in the days. Not doing my full research to know what was available to me, to make my life easier. Just some benefits:

1. Mature students like yourself may be available for free school

https://www.moneysense.ca/news/new-osap-rules/

2. Your child will have their medical and now prescription drugs covered by the Ontario government. So you know their medication treatment/ needs is fully covered while you get yourself together.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/medications-now-free-for-anyone-under-25-in-ontario-1.3742407

3. As low income (depending on your salary) you may be eligible for subsidized housing. Meaning you pay rent according to your income to help with the financial burden of housing.

https://www.peelregion.ca/housing/apply-for-subsidy/

4. If you're low income, your child's dental care would be covered by peel region (you region you'll be living in). OHIP will cover eye care, and peel region should cover whatever OHIP doesn't.

https://www.peelregion.ca/health/dental-health/fin-help4kids.htm

https://www.optom.on.ca/OAO/Patients/Medical_Coverage/OAO/Patients/Medical_Coverage.aspx

As a low income your child would be able to register for sports for free. On top of all these benefits, you'll be getting money every month from the government, would get a tax break claiming your child on your taxes, etc. I would cool down. Spend a year working while researching all these benefits, then make a comprehensive plan that would benefit you and your child not only for today, but for the future. You and your child are assets here, aka future tax payers. The government will never let your needs go unmet. I've met single mothers in medical school surviving and being successful in school. You're situation is not even that serious.

my 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ottawasenators: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2018
Hallos,

Ask here https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/415
Ugoeloka:
Please guys, does anyone here have or know a contact for transcript for EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY(EBSU)? Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 15, 2018
Bsbabe:
Hi guys,

I have received quite a number of emails in the last two days since I responded to @TheCongo2 about being a BA. I have tried to respond to some but since I can only share my own personal experience and I seem to be repeating myself in every email, I am posting my response (modified) to the OP here for anyone interested and also so that anyone who still has questions can ask it here and other BAs can respond and contribute more to the pool of knowledge.

Let’s start with companies that can work for you best. That will definitely depend on where you are planning to land and the opportunities in that city. I think a first start may be for you to go to sites like Indeed and Workopolis to get an idea of how prevalent BA jobs are on your side of town.

So for me, that’s where you should start from. Then when you see these job postings, review a good number of them to determine the skill requirement ask that is consistent across the different job postings and compare these skill requirements to what you currently have now. In doing that, I would advise you dig deep and think well about your experience because you may have a number of the skills but the way they are presented, you may think ‘oh no, I haven’t done that before’ simply because the work was not presented in the same format in Nigeria.

Now for the BA world, the most important skill I believe is your ability to communicate and analyze. And the way you present yourself starting from your resume is a skill in itself. As a BA, you will see them asking for experience and skills in the areas of requirements elicitation, requirements documentation, requirements analysis including the knowledge of BPMN and UML (which covers the development of Use Cases), as well as requirements specification and tracing. Also, knowledge of SDLC is very important – especially Agile/Waterfall and then skills in using Microsoft office tools and in a number of cases, SQL and/or Tableau for data analytics. Oh yes, also knowledge of developing test cases as well.

If you are not familiar with these terms, I would advise you go online to do some research. In my case, I bought some BA courses online from Udemy and learnt everything I needed to learn and familiarized myself with the BA terminology here as these terms may appear strange to you at first but after going through BA courses, you will realize they are experiences you have one way or the other but we didn’t use these terms in Nigeria. BA trainings are really expensive (but required if you want to become certified as a CBAP – Certified Business Analyst Professional). So I started with Udemy but still attended a BA training as I needed the units to register for CBAP. I also got myself certified in Agile software development process – so I got certified as a Scrum Master and a Scrum Product Owner. You will see some BA job postings also asking for some Agile or specifically Scrum knowledge. Now, the agile certifications are good to have as they may place you above another candidate if it comes down to a selection but is not a necessity straight away and I say this because honestly, they are not cheap. Each one will set you back at least about $1,200- $1,500 depending on the trainer (You can also research this). I also learnt SQL online and found that from the job postings I reviewed, there were a number of them asking for knowledge of JIRA (this is an issue tracking tool used by most companies now) so I learnt how to use JIRA too and also dabbled into a bit of Tableau.

Lastly, once you are familiar enough with BA terminology and all and you are confident, then go ahead and build your resume, tailoring it to each job posting. So first of all, build a master BA resume which will have your experience presented in light of all the BA terminology so e.g. “elicited requirements from customers and documented them for the development team to execute......”, “analyzed requirements, ensuring prioritization of needs according to business goals.......”… something like that (by the time you review and understand what a BA does, you would understand what I mean). Also, present your system skills – so for example “proficient in the use of Microsoft office (advanced Excel is a required skill)” etc. In my case, I added stuff like “working knowledge of SQL and JIRA (as I couldn’t claim to be an expert since I just learnt how to use it).

So, I guess that’s the summary of it for me. Your resume is the first contact they will have with you so that’s by far the most critical document you need to develop. And ensure you tailor the resume you submit to the job posting and its requirements. No embellishments though and of course no lies as you will need to defend what you write in an interview. Just try and present your experience in a relevant manner. I really hope I have covered everything from my experience but if you have any more questions or clarifications, let me know.

thanks Bsbabe for this.

this has really pushed me to pick up where i left the dream. when the dream was still fresh, i had registered for CBAP, but didnt follow up because i didnt find any suitable training centre. most seen where either too expensive or far away. i tried youtube but that didnt last long. Data would not allow me to be great.

I have already bought the course on Udemy as i was reading your post. so i can start afresh.

Anyone interested in BA? we can come together to make the learning process fun.

Still in Naija, waiting for PPR.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Olayemudia: 10:34am On Oct 15, 2018
Since I got to Winnipeg, I'm yet to meet anybody who is Bini by tribe. Most of the girls here are from Lagos or Abuja... Even the Chidinma(s).
I gat to speak my language.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by niiks9: 10:47am On Oct 15, 2018
flyboi1:

thanks Bsbabe for this.

this has really pushed me to pick up where i left the dream. when the dream was still fresh, i had registered for CBAP, but didnt follow up because i didnt find any suitable training centre. most seen where either too expensive or far away. i tried youtube but that didnt last long. Data would not allow me to be great.

I have already bought the course on Udemy as i was reading your post. so i can start afresh.

Anyone interested in BA? we can come together to make the learning process fun.

Still in Naija, waiting for PPR.

Are you in a similar job role in Nigeria (business analyst ) or you plan on changing roles completely
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by njbybrthnly: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2018
Oga come back to Benin City na...let's exchange places grin tongue

Olayemudia:
Since I got to Winnipeg, I'm yet to meet anybody who is Bini by tribe. Most of the girls here are from Lagos or Abuja... Even the Chidinma(s).
I gat to speak my language.

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
niiks9:

Are you in a similar job role in Nigeria (business analyst ) or you plan on changing roles completely

i'm not in a similar job role. though my job role requires i perform some BA functions, but its really baby stuffs,e.g Identifying business processes that needs change and coming up with a solution that best achieves it.

but ill say i'm changing roles completely.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Boss13: 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2018
einsteino:
lol with that una ogbanje breeze abi wind chill, it didnt feel funny at all. Crazy thing is I saw people wearing shorts in it, while I was dressed like Iron Monkey.

You are new. You will get used to it. However, prepare for the worse.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Olayemudia: 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
njbybrthnly:

Interesting. I don't think you like the constant subzero temperatures 3 months from winter or the -46 degrees Celsius in winter
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by alt3r3g0: 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2018
AZeD1:

1) I never said people who went to school are not needed.
2) You do not need to go to school to learn compiler theory, you can learn that from YouTube.

My post talked about getting a job in Software Development /Web development and there are folks who are thinking of going back to school just to break into the software/web development industry.

My post was just to address that and like I said earlier, some folks learn better in formal settings and I encourage those people to go to school.

Just to add for people intending to learn programming/ software development on their own. It's best to learn with a project in mind. This is because almost every aspect is very wide on it's own and may look daunting if not targeted. Let me give my own example.

Years ago i was lucky to have joined a company with next to zero programming experience ( i had only played with Visual basic using MS word and radio buttons to create a CBT test). I was to develop a web based software using Java and mysql database and during the grace period (one month), I was given a very big book on Java and some materials on Oracle to read up. It was a bit daunting because there is a lot of info, and you will only require a bit per time.

After learning the basics on both (OOP for java, and basic sql with Oracle), I still was at a loss as to how to start the project. A consultant was brought in for 2 weeks to help start the project and that was when it clicked for me. I started to search for info relevant to the project e.g

-How do you get the web app to communicate with the database?
The Java books only talked about coding in text and using a compiler, I later found out about an IDE (Netbeans at the time) that you can use to set up a seamless coding environment.

It made a world of difference using that approach and I later went on to learn Javascript (for data entry validation at the front end), Php etc.

Modified: @ Salford, Sent you a PM. In Calgary now and would like to connect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by intercedertee(f): 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
Good day all,
How is preparation for the winter?
Please I will like to ask a question; how many months is a woman permitted to work before proceeding on maternity leave? for example in Nigeria, some organisations require you work for at least 1year before going on MAT leave. Please your input will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mankind5050(m): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2018
Hello house. I have read through this thread over time to prepare myself for life in Canada. I am still far from achieving my Canada PR dream as I’m yet to enter the EE Pool. I am married with two kids. I need your objective opinion to make the best choice.
I am considering my options coz of my CRS score. If I nailed max out IELTS I will have 427 if I choose that I am married and spouse is accompanying me. But if I choose that I am married but with spouse not accompanying me I can have 445 which should get me ITA.I am aware that I will be able to sponsor my family after 3 months but it will take at least 1 year to finalize(anyone with experience about this may educate me) .The pros and cons based on my understanding is stated below.

*1st Option* -Apply directly through EE as married but not being accompanied by spouse. Spouse and children's details will be recorded with my application
*Pros*
*Will be able to get ITA as soon as I achieve 8 8 7.5 7.5 in IELTS.
*Will have the freedom of landing and moving to any Province.
*Will cost less to maintain myself while looking for a job since spouse & children will still be in Naija.

*Cons*
*Will have to wait at least a year to bring spouse & children to Canada.
*Will have to achieve 8 8 7.5 7.5 in IELTS

*2nd Option* Apply through PNP
*Pros*
*Will have PR for all family members at the same time
*May have it will just 7777 in IELTS

*Cons*
*Processing PR through PNP can take forever .Some provinces require having a relative, some require license and others have NOCs of interest.
*It definitely costs more e.g. Ontario PNP costs 1500CAD
*There is movement restrictions. I may need to stay in the province of nomination for about 2 yrs.

I want the gurus in the house to objectively analyse my case as stated above considering the pros and cons of the two options before me. You may add or correction the points stated in the pros and cons. I hope that your knowledge and experience will help me make the best choice. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ottawasenators: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2018
oya come back na.lol grin grin grin
Olayemudia:

Interesting. I don't think you like the constant subzero temperatures 3 months from winter or the -46 degrees Celsius in winter
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by lillie26: 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2018
[quote author=ebimarian post=

Pls can you delete my number from a public post. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Compu001: 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
Good evening house. Please can anyone help me with info on how a master degree holder of chemistry can secure a lab job. The master degree is from an European country.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Olayemudia: 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2018
ottawasenators:
oya come back na.lol grin grin grin

Come back to Ottawa?
Nice idea
Maybe I should move to Texas after my PhD in winterpeg
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Olayemudia: 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2018
njbybrthnly:

I miss Bini language not Benin City.

The difference is clear, one is Bini the other is Benin, one is a language the other one is a city.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by michaeladesiyan: 6:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
mankind5050:
Hello house. I have read through this thread over time to prepare myself for life in Canada. I am still far from achieving my Canada PR dream as I’m yet to enter the EE Pool. I am married with two kids. I need your objective opinion to make the best choice.
I am considering my options coz of my CRS score. If I nailed max out IELTS I will have 427 if I choose that I am married and spouse is accompanying me. But if I choose that I am married but with spouse not accompanying me I can have 445 which should get me ITA.I am aware that I will be able to sponsor my family after 3 months but it will take at least 1 year to finalize(anyone with experience about this may educate me) .The pros and cons based on my understanding is stated below.

*1st Option* -Apply directly through EE as married but not being accompanied by spouse. Spouse and children's details will be recorded with my application
*Pros*
*Will be able to get ITA as soon as I achieve 8 8 7.5 7.5 in IELTS.
*Will have the freedom of landing and moving to any Province.
*Will cost less to maintain myself while looking for a job since spouse & children will still be in Naija.

*Cons*
*Will have to wait at least a year to bring spouse & children to Canada.
*Will have to achieve 8 8 7.5 7.5 in IELTS

*2nd Option* Apply through PNP
*Pros*
*Will have PR for all family members at the same time
*May have it will just 7777 in IELTS

*Cons*
*Processing PR through PNP can take forever .Some provinces require having a relative, some require license and others have NOCs of interest.
*It definitely costs more e.g. Ontario PNP costs 1500CAD
*There is movement restrictions. I may need to stay in the province of nomination for about 2 yrs.

I want the gurus in the house to objectively analyse my case as stated above considering the pros and cons of the two options before me. You may add or correction the points stated in the pros and cons. I hope that your knowledge and experience will help me make the best choice. Thank you
Hmmmm. I am in same situation. Im planning to move to Canada alone and my family will join me after a year. But my wife no wan gree o!

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
Olayemudia:

I miss Bini language not Benin City.

The difference is clear, one is Bini the other is Benin, one is a language the other one is a city.

Oga, use Skype to connect with those who can speak Beni

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Olayemudia: 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2018
TheCongo2:

Oga, use Skype to talk with those who can speak Beni

I prefer 'In person discussion' I don't like talking for long on phone
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mankind5050(m): 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2018
Let's see what the seniors in the house have to say about our plan
michaeladesiyan:

Hmmmm. I am in same situation. Im planning to move to Canada alone and my family will join me after a year. But my wife no wan gree o!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by joo2018: 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
Looks like no one currently online is in PEI.
You can read this Nova Scotia landing story. The province borders PEI and should have similar conditions.
https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/382#71412967
Adunnee:
Please I'll like to find out about Prince Edwards Island: Standard of living, cost of living, access to healthcare, availability of jobs for HR professionals and Accountants, etc. I'll be grateful if I get useful links as well. I've been searching but all seems cumbersome. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Adunnee: 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
joo2018:
Looks like no one currently online is in PEI.
You can read this Nova Scotia landing story. The province borders PEI and should have similar conditions.
https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/382#71412967

Thanks so much bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.